Thread: Positive / Negatives of Having Profile Pic on SM Instead of Timer Pic?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,255 Times in 1,351 Posts

Search Positive / Negatives of Having Profile Pic on SM Instead of Timer Pic?

Have any of you girls who have their profile pic displayed instead of the timer pic found that it is positively affected the amount of guys who come into their room? Or less? :/ Or perhaps had no apparent effect?

I'm considering sending an email along to SM support to have my picture changed to my profile pic, but I wanted to get some of the other girls experiences on this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Default Re: Positive / Negatives of Having Profile Pic on SM Instead of Timer Pic?

When I asked them to just post the static pic, I actually had MORE people come in the room. I think it was catching me at some awkward moments, which at my age, didn't look too pretty! LOL

I personally prefer seeing the profile pic that is all gussied up on the page rather than the action ones, but, I think it's probably just preference. Every guy is going to think different.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JuliAnne333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 537 Posts

Default Re: Positive / Negatives of Having Profile Pic on SM Instead of Timer Pic?

If you can match what the static pic shows, I think it's a better option. I've personally seen ladies who have awesome, glamorous static pics...and then you enter their room and it's almost like it's not the same girl. I'm always told I look better than my pics so I'm a big fan of the static shot. I email support about it my second day and haven't looked back. Don't know if it affected my traffic or not, but it looks better externally I feel. Like JulieAnne said, the snapshot can catch you at some awful inconvenient times (and I don't feel it shows true cam quality).

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spinnerette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 775 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

i prefer having the static pic. the only problem i've ever had with it is when guys are like "why aren't you wearing the same outfit?" but my body and hair look the same as in the static pic so it's not a big deal - there's not a huge difference (my static pic isn't super glammed up or anything).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinydancer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,347 Times in 1,932 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post
    Ive personally seen ladies who have awesome, glamorous static pics...and then you enter their room and it's almost like it's not the same girl.
    ouch aint that the truth.

I agree I think static works if you update your profile pic semi-regularly if you look dramatically different than when you cam. If you have a super glam pic but live cam as a girl next door it is prob confusing to your audience

Even when you have a static pic if the person is logged in (ie they have a credit card) they can glimpse into your freechat room just by dragging their mouse (depending on their download speed) - so no need for a frozen shot. But if you cant get a hi-res and/or watermarked photo for your profile pic, I can see why a frozen shot can be better

Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 531 Posts

Default .........

Last edited by Busygirl; 03-12-2012 at 12:53 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busygirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't have experience using the static picture, but I know when I'm online searching through the girls I'll tend to go to the ones with the static picture. I sound like a creeper saying that! haha

Thanks

waiiit we can do this?
    YES
    im gonna email them right now. seriously that timer always catches me at the most awkward angles ever. i tend to make ridiculous faces so that doesnt help.
    yay for learning new things on stripperweb

[/url]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jadenraine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 379 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

This thread has given me lots to think about, for sure! Thanks for starting it Incantatious!
    ▀ Check me out: ▀

▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

I never thought it'd matter too much weather its static or random caps till I started looking at my placement, almost all the time it goes off as I am moving and is just a freakish blur, hell I wouldnt click on me in that case lol. Think I am gonna finally ask for the static pic and see if my traffic makes any significant changes...or if I get a ton of stupid questions xD

Thanks for posting the thread, finally motivating me to give it a go.
    I just hate emailing support cause they'll prolly tell me how to use the encoder or something totally unrelated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 449 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Not to be totally ignorant but I block my state, how can I see my static pic while I'm camming?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,313 Times in 11,017 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

You can't^ I believe.
    I don't like those timer pics I asked to have it stopped. Don't want an unflattering pic of me

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post: