Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Marleysade's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 464 Times in 134 Posts

    Default Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I really getting over people getting paranoid over background checks and there future after this...Here is a link of famous porn stars that got doctorates, degrees, worked in accounting, a registered nurse (so yes you can still get in the program), spokesperson, and started there own businesses so i hope that everyone reads this and see that your not 100% screwed! So quit scaring new girls and make some fucking money..If famous porn stars can get a career after retirement im pretty sure you can!

    http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-sm...sortdir=&limit=


  2. #2
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    First point ... college admission will never be an issue, providing you've got the tuition money and the minimum grades. However, as some 50% of new college graduates are discovering, obtaining a degree and obtaining a decent paying job in your field are two very different things these days.

    Second point ... today's job market is much more competitive than 'yesterday's job market. As such, employers have more job applicants to choose from, and are expending more effort to investigate prospective employees before making that choice. Bottom line is that 'what didn't matter yesterday' may matter a lot today.

    Most important point ... many of the 'jobs' held by said former porn stars are the direct result of their OWN MONEY being used to invest in a business venture for which they now work. This obviously still works today. However, earning a sufficient amount of money to afford investing in such a business venture today is far more difficult than it was in the past.

    Please understand that I'm not trying to 'pour cold water' on anybody's future plans or dreams. But I do feel the need to provide some realistic perspective. Camming WILL create a paper trail of the fact that you have worked in the 'adult industry'. As to whether future prospective straight job employers will investigate thoroughly enough to discover that work history, whether future prospective straight job employers will choose to count past work in the 'adult industry' as a negative, etc., are unknown risk factors.

    ~
    Last edited by Melonie; 12-27-2011 at 04:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Featured Member bigbootyjudy1's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    939
    Thanks
    7,334
    Thanked 2,843 Times in 704 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I loved it.A lil sad.But well worthed watching.

  4. #4
    Senior Member XOXO.Katie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 58 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post
    First point ... college admission will never be an issue, providing you've got the tuition money and the minimum grades. However, as some 50% of new college graduates are discovering, obtaining a degree and obtaining a decent paying job in your field are two very different things these days.

    Second point ... today's job market is much more competitive than 'yesterday's job market. As such, employers have more job applicants to choose from, and are expending more effort to investigate prospective employees before making that choice. Bottom line is that 'what didn't matter yesterday' may matter a lot today.

    Most important point ... many of the 'jobs' held by said former porn stars are the direct result of their OWN MONEY being used to invest in a business venture for which they now work. This obviously still works today. However, earning a sufficient amount of money to afford investing in such a business venture today is far more difficult than it was in the past.

    Please understand that I'm not trying to 'pour cold water' on anybody's future plans or dreams. But I do feel the need to provide some realistic perspective. Camming WILL create a paper trail of the fact that you have worked in the 'adult industry'. As to whether future prospective straight job employers will investigate thoroughly enough to discover that work history, whether future prospective straight job employers will choose to count past work in the 'adult industry' as a negative, etc., are unknown risk factors.

    ~
    Off topic but I thought it was funny they censored p**n in the article but had it in the title.

    Very good points Melonie. I read this earlier and was um meh... and I was going to respond but my exact thoughts were Melonie is going to respond to this and she can probably articulate what I am thinking better lol.

    I have worked non nude for a site and I worked nude for a foreign site and got paid through paypal/alertpay so I feel like there is minimal evidence of my cam work. I am at the point where I'm like, should I just quit while I'm ahead? But I love camming! At lease so much more than waitressing (my other occupation up until this point, right now I'm too fat too strip.) I'm damn near 27 and quite degree less and am thinking about either studying computer science or dental hygiene. I know it's a crap shoot but if anyone has any insight into how they think camming would affect either of these professions I would like to hear it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to XOXO.Katie For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    ^^^ computer science will depend on whether your prospective employer is a private sector business, versus a gov't contractor, versus a gov't agency. If there's any 'security' aspect involved, its a virtual certainty that your 'adult industry' background will turn up in any pre-employment investigation.

    As to dental hygenist, this will probably depend on whether you're talking about the office of a private sector dentist, versus a gov't funded clinic or health care institution. But in general, the potential risks of having an 'adult industry' work history will be far lower with DH than with CS.

  7. #6
    Senior Member XOXO.Katie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 58 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    ^lower risk w DH you say? Interesting I was thinking it would be the other way around. I'm going to assume private sector is the way to go.

  8. #7
    Veteran Member innes's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    679
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 352 Times in 200 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Always good to see this. But like others have said, it is the job after the adult industry that matters more than the degree/diploma. From what I saw, some of them did jobs that were related to sex in some way (sex educator, etc.).

    Interesting though.
    InnesX

  9. #8
    Veteran Member shywebcamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1,446
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 379 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleysade View Post
    I really getting over people getting paranoid over background checks and there future after this...Here is a link of famous porn stars that got doctorates, degrees, worked in accounting, a registered nurse (so yes you can still get in the program), spokesperson, and started there own businesses so i hope that everyone reads this and see that your not 100% screwed! So quit scaring new girls and make some fucking money..If famous porn stars can get a career after retirement im pretty sure you can!

    http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-sm...sortdir=&limit=
    But you can forget about ever getting to reading in a schoolroom to children.

    http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/11/porn-s...hool-district/

    There are real repercussions to choosing to working in this industry. To pretend otherwise is just foolish.
    ▀ Check me out: ▀


    ▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shywebcamgirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    God/dess minniesoporno's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,388
    Thanks
    1,345
    Thanked 5,480 Times in 2,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    92
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleysade View Post
    I really getting over people getting paranoid over background checks and there future after this...Here is a link of famous porn stars that got doctorates, degrees, worked in accounting, a registered nurse (so yes you can still get in the program), spokesperson, and started there own businesses so i hope that everyone reads this and see that your not 100% screwed! So quit scaring new girls and make some fucking money..If famous porn stars can get a career after retirement im pretty sure you can!

    http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-sm...sortdir=&limit=

    Thanks for posting this I know I could always get a dead end minimum wage job if I wanted one but at this point in my life I am really trying to get myself into post secondary education and move on to a new stage in my life. I guess once in a while when some sex worker or porn star gets outed in the media I get a bit discouraged but I still have to move forward with my life.

    I mean if they can give prisioners a second chance they can give us sex wrokers one too.
    ** Camgirl Super Affiliate Founder of **

    Youtube : youtube.com/minnieoncam | Blog : wealthycamgirl.com

    Facebook MinnieCRiley | Instagram @MinnieCRiley | Twitter @OnlyMinnieXxX

    A part of all you earn is yours to keep. It should be not less than a tenth no matter how little you earn. It can be as much more as you can afford. - Richest Man in Babylon

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Featured Member HaydenBlue's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanks
    6,319
    Thanked 8,774 Times in 1,506 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I agree with what some of the other girls have said.

    Top porn stars can 'buy' their way into a job and most have their own business or work within the adult industry or are in someway related to sex, modeling, etc type of field.

    Non-nude or Nude. If you work on a porn site FORGET about a job with children. Period.

    If you think a school board and parents won't mind that you were non-nude because, "Oh, I was naked but I didn't ever show my vag/titties!" They will laugh at you and kick your ass out the double-doors so fast it'll make your head spin.

    And if you happen to get it and are then found out at a later time while you landed the job? Can you imagine that train-wreck? Horrified parents, public shame - Yes I'm a total negative nancy but the mainstream, vanilla parent/soccer mom will NOT be OK with a school teacher with a fetish/sexual camming background - especially if they know nothing about this industry.

    So school teacher, legal day-care, etc is a no-go.

    I don't think you CAN'T get *any* job after camming. But it may be difficult and you can't be very picky about what you'll do.







  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HaydenBlue For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    God/dess roast's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Thanks
    14,738
    Thanked 11,339 Times in 1,931 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Whoa people can graduate with a triple major? God.

    I think Dylan Ryan has a masters in social work.

    Quote Originally Posted by shywebcamgirl View Post
    But you can forget about ever getting to reading in a schoolroom to children.

    http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/11/porn-s...hool-district/

    There are real repercussions to choosing to working in this industry. To pretend otherwise is just foolish.
    The thing about that is that a bunch of pornstars on twitter think it was a publicity stunt since they said they read at their children's schools regularly. Sasha Grey is just super wellknown and has managers so is much more recognizable then.... me.

    There was a poll awhile ago about people's educational background and many had advanced degrees... Ive been in sex work for ages and have been doing vanilla work and school simultaneously for awhile as well. Run background checks, google alerts, and credit checks on yourself regularly. If youve ever worked a vanilla job ask for copies of it because youre curious. I said awhile back (lol Im so lazy) that I got copies of a background check run by a place I [whatever] at and there was nothing at all incriminating. This was after filing taxes many many times as a sex worker and cammer. Their check was pretty extensive compared to other places: credit check, criminal background, driver's license history, education verification, 3 references, 2 forms of ID, work history, and a google search print out.

    I did one on myself that was more for those who are working higher levels of government [aka expensive as fuuuuuuuuck] and c4s's production company *did* come up as a possible employer in addition to a few years of independent contracting with no employer listed. Basically "ask the candidate wtf this is". Consulting and backend work will be my claim if I ever (never) work for somewhere that does this kind of check.

    The only real way camming has kicked my ass vanilla wise is my BF wanted to sit on a local government committee about something and wanted me to join. I opted out. Dramatic!

    I mean, Im sure those who have children have other obstacles - but avoid working with minors, dont run for political office (unless youre willing to be like fuck you, this is me! In which case, Id vote for you in a second), dont work for faith based places (unless theyre like Unitarian Universalists), dont work anywhere that makes you sign a morality or personal ethics agreement (terrible and they do exist), or marry a politician or celebrity... monitor your own background checks and you'll worry less. Im in a field that really wouldnt care *that* much so Im privileged but if you can make more strategic choices and surveill yourself regularly itll cause much less headache.




    What Im saying is - given the economy, many are camming to make ends meet or as their stepping stone elsewhere or to supplement their incomes. For many - camming is the only viable option available. The climate where only dancers and porn stars are cammers is over. So people will have this debate for a very very long time.

    The risks are high and the rewards are high.There is no simple solution. But if youre doing this for the money (lol you know what I mean) to be able to get somewhere else, stay very very focused on where you want to go. Dont get lazy with the money. The risks will continue to grow and the rewards will probably start to drop with how overwhelmed the market is getting.

    But I mean - the difference between cam girl and porn star are negligible in the eyes of well... everyone who doesnt cam. But the mommy lobby is a force, so just for the love of god dont work at like a Catholic daycare. lol.
    Last edited by roast; 12-27-2011 at 10:06 AM.





    Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?


  16. #12
    God/dess roast's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Thanks
    14,738
    Thanked 11,339 Times in 1,931 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    ^I mean, unless youre willing to fight the good fight, which would be epic. Kind of like that teacher in NYC who was out as a sex work advocate beforehand and was found out (really just because of her activism, but she outed herself as a former escort) and she was like "so??"

    That's super cool.

    But being a sex work advocate is lonely hard work. That's why most who are advocates are former sex workers. Because what we're debating here is not privacy law or personal choices or employment law or adoption or the terrifying Mommy Lobby - we are debating other people's bullshit, aka STIGMA. Stigma against a job. It sucks and is completely irrational. It also is insidious and is freaking everywhere.

    What Im saying is the risks are high and the rewards are high. If the risks outweigh the rewards... ask yourself some hard questions. If theyre about even, stay focused on your goals. If rewards outweigh risks, well whatever.

    But if you sign on in a panic, and dream about hypothetical terrible scenarios and a group of people at your door with pitchforks and torches, that's a problem. Like, psychologically. You'll burn out with the quickness.

    Just remember there are a bunch of awful awful whores here and everywhere with advanced degrees and professions. There are also many who have been discovered, outed, and bothered. There are also many who arent in poverty or evicted from their homes and their children are fed. There are also many who cant seem to earn well enough by camming to justify the risk.

    I mean, it is up to your own discretion.





    Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?

  17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Veteran Member shywebcamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1,446
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 379 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by roast View Post
    The risks are high and the rewards are high.There is no simple solution. But if youre doing this for the money (lol you know what I mean) to be able to get somewhere else, stay very very focused on where you want to go. Dont get lazy with the money. The risks will continue to grow and the rewards will probably start to drop with how overwhelmed the market is getting.

    But I mean - the difference between cam girl and porn star are negligible in the eyes of well... everyone who doesnt cam. But the mommy lobby is a force, so just for the love of god dont work at like a Catholic daycare. lol.
    Well said! I completely agree.
    ▀ Check me out: ▀


    ▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shywebcamgirl For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Veteran Member SweetPinkCupcake's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    607
    Thanks
    1,240
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 387 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I really think that people have been stressing out of this way too much lately. To be honest, I was found out and kicked out of the military for it. It was an embarrassing and bullshit trial. But that's the military.
    I don't think teachers are safe. Here's an article about a schoolteacher who was found out after being in porn in the 1990s:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...26-504083.html

    I'm still camming though, I don't care. I am going to school. I will find my path in life. I have no desire to work with children or have a fancy government job. I think some people are super, uber paranoid about this. I think if somebody is that paranoid. . they shouldn't be in the adult industry.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SweetPinkCupcake For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    There are real repercussions to choosing to working in this industry. To pretend otherwise is just foolish. { reference to porn queen Sasha Grey reading to 1st graders }
    I don't think teachers are safe

    Indeed ... look what happened to a 'friend of mine' who retired from exotic dancing / featuring ...



    Basically, the school district where 'Crystal' was working as a teacher's aide 'somehow' discovered her adult industry past. Controversy then developed from a legal standpoint because the school board wanted her fired but the principal and teacher's union pointed out that an adult industry background doesn't actually constitute 'just cause' for firing her. This in turn started developing into a lawsuit over whether the 'morals clause' of union contracts is automatically violated by adult industry work.

    From there, local media had a 'field day' embarrasing 'Crystal', publishing her real name and address etc. This in turn led to 'Crystal' voluntarily resigning to avoid further publicity.

    (snip)"Louisa Tuck, a part-time teacher's aide at D'Ippolito Elementary School in New Jersey, was reportedly a porn actress at one time who used the alias "Crystal Gunns." According to The Daily Journal, Tuck says she no longer participates in porn; however, the newspaper reports that her password-protected Web site was still active as of November 21, 2008.1 When school officials began investigating in early November of 2008, there were photos and videos of "Crystal Gunns" on the Web site.1

    Tuck resigned from her position as elementary school cafeteria worker and playground monitor, on December 12, 2008. Since her past was revealed in November there has been much and legal uproar because many parents wanted her fired. Frank DiDomenico, an associate solicitor for the school board, issued a statement, which read, "It's a constitutional privilege of free expression. She's employed by the school district, but that doesn't take away her constitutional rights. There's no way the board could delve into someone's private life."(snip)



    ^^^ Fox News national reporting on 'Crystal's' problems with the NJ school district ^^^


    ^lower risk w DH you say? Interesting I was thinking it would be the other way around
    Well this would require that you 'omit' all references to past adult industry work from your professional license application. Since a DH is not a DDS, one can assume that minimal effort will be expended by the state professional licensing authority to investigate. However, if you ARE ever 'outed', the 'good moral character' requirement of the professional license may result in an official reprimand ( which may or may not result in your being fired ) or the revocation of your license ( which will definitely result in you being fired ). And in reference to your 'private sector' question, I know at least a couple of dentists who would consider an adult industry work history to be a 'positive' where working in their offices is concerned !!!

    From a more basic standpoint, Computer related prospective employers are likely to have an arsenal of computer / internet based investigative tools at their disposal ... in addition to work that carries 'security' overtones, 'money' overtones etc. This probably means that a much more thorough background check will be performed pre-employment - which also makes it very risky to attempt to 'omit' your adult industry background from a computer science related job application ( because if you left it out, and they find it, you're toast ! )

    ~
    Last edited by Melonie; 12-27-2011 at 01:19 PM.

  23. #16
    Veteran Member shywebcamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1,446
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 379 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post
    Tuck resigned from her position as elementary school cafeteria worker and playground monitor, on December 12, 2008. Since her past was revealed in November there has been much and legal uproar because many parents wanted her fired.
    Wow! She was just worked the school cafeteria and wasn't even a teacher and there was that much of an uproar?
    ▀ Check me out: ▀


    ▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

  24. #17
    Banned
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked 10,153 Times in 3,294 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    You can get a job of course, you just can't work with children or work in a setting where you are a major rolemodel to children. Remember how outraged people got when retired pornstar Sasha Grey read books to a classroom of children under her real name? It got so bad that the school denied it ever happened. However, dumb move of course because there were pictures.

  25. #18
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Wow! She was just worked the school cafeteria and wasn't even a teacher and there was that much of an uproar?
    Absolutely. And what the news reports didn't really say was that while working as 'Crystal' she naturally attracted a cadre of fans ... with some of them bordering on fanaticism. After this incident and the ensuing publicity, those fanatical fans now knew that her real name is Louisa Tuck and that she can be found at address XYZ in Vineland NJ !!! So losing the teachers aide job was only the BEGINNING of her problems ... like being forced to move in order to avoid stalkers !


    the difference between cam girl and porn star are negligible in the eyes of well... everyone who doesnt cam. But the mommy lobby is a force
    ^^^ which brings us to the REAL concern on the part of prospective straight job employers ... that any employee they hire who has an adult industry background could potentially bring embarrassment to the business, damage to their business reputation, adverse publicity etc. In a 'tight' job market they might very well risk it if the employee offered outstanding quallifications and skills. But in a 'slack' job market, prospective employers can simply allow any would-be job applicant resumes containing anything 'risky' ( like an adult industry work history ) to fall in the waste basket and choose from the remaining 5 or 10 or 50 or 100 resumes. From a real world standpoint, that brings us to the topic of which sort of prospective straight job employers are NOT likely to conduct an in-depth pre-employment background check, which in turn allows the former camgirl applicant to conveniently 'leave out' her adult industry background from her job application in order to be seriously considered for employment.


    I was found out and kicked out of the military for it.
    Well, that's the flip side risk. If it has now become necessary to 'leave out' an adult industry work background from job applications in order to avoid having that application 'fall in the wastebasket' before the applicant is ever seriously considered for employment, an after the fact 'outing' after being hired in conjunction with 'deliberate' omission from the job application work history section can be considered as grounds for dismissal. But at least there's a chance that you won't be 'outed'. On the other hand, if you act honestly and list an adult industry work history, the odds favor your job application 'falling into the waste basket' at every prospective employer's HR manager's desk.


    But like others have said, it is the job after the adult industry that matters more than the degree/diploma. From what I saw, some of them did jobs that were related to sex in some way (sex educator, etc.).
    Indeed, the majority of 'retired' porn stars either A. continue to 'cash in' on their 'celebrity status' ( something that virtually all camgirls will never achieve ) at the periphery of the adult industry, or B. create their own 'straight job' by investing their own money in ... and making a success of ... their own business venture ( something that most camgirls are not likely to be able to afford to do ). There is no option C. getting hired for a well paying job by an employer that is totally separated from the adult industry.


    ~
    Last edited by Melonie; 12-27-2011 at 02:08 PM.

  26. #19
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    1,831
    Thanked 946 Times in 236 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    You can get a job of course, you just can't work with children or work in a setting where you are a major rolemodel to children. Remember how outraged people got when retired pornstar Sasha Grey read books to a classroom of children under her real name? It got so bad that the school denied it ever happened. However, dumb move of course because there were pictures.
    I agree working with children will probably be pushing it in most cases. However comparing us (the average unknown cam-girl) to Sasha Grey is a stretch. The average camgirl is not that recognizable by name. Most of us simply just aren't that famous nor do I want to be.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avamonet For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    Veteran Member Marleysade's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 464 Times in 134 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Avamonet View Post
    I agree working with children will probably be pushing it in most cases. However comparing us (the average unknown cam-girl) to Sasha Grey is a stretch. The average camgirl is not that recognizable by name. Most of us simply just aren't that famous nor do I want to be.
    Agreed

  29. #21
    Senior Member ImpossiblePrincess's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 185 Times in 72 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I honestly think employers make far to big of a deal about working in the adult industry. I can see if you're an escort (which in most cases is illegal or borderline illegal) but working as a stripper, camgirl, or pornstar is legal unless you live in a country where porn is illegal.

    Obviously working with children is out, but there's no reason you should be discriminated against in other fields, especially if you have the degrees/qualifications for the job.

    Seriously, what are they afraid you're going to do...climb up on your desk and shove your stapler in your vagina? There are plenty of guys who use the company network to WATCH CAMGIRLS while they're on the clock.

    |

  30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ImpossiblePrincess For This Useful Post:


  31. #22
    Veteran Member lolabunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    3,210
    Thanked 784 Times in 257 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Everyone has been making a big deal out of this....Even if you didn't work in the adult industry, u still might not be able to land your dream job...You only live once, and if you never take chances then you will never know...Why should you have to struggle because you might get outted...I mean come on, even Jackie Chan was a porn star, so was Arnold Schwarzenegger...I have even read of porn stars turning into politicians...so you girls really need to stop beating yourselves up over this and stop listening to the catty comments about what you are limited to do....DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Don't listen to anyone who says "you can't do blah blah blah"..."or can't work with blah blah blah"...lol I don't care what their reason is...No one ever got ahead by letting other people make their decisions...





  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lolabunny For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Veteran Member shywebcamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1,446
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 379 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabunny View Post
    Everyone has been making a big deal out of this....Even if you didn't work in the adult industry, u still might not be able to land your dream job...You only live once, and if you never take chances then you will never know...
    Yes, you only live once. Thus if you fuck it up by not weighing the pros and cons of your decisions you will have a very long time to live with those choices.

    Trust me, I am all about taking chances and I am all about taking risks. I am addicted to the feeling of something new. I am just not so much for putting my head in the sand to future consequences.

    Just ask anyone who has gone to jail for a major crime what it is like trying to get a job after they have served their time and have received a 'second chance' in society about how discrimination against your past can affect you in the job market.
    ▀ Check me out: ▀


    ▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to shywebcamgirl For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Veteran Member lolabunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    3,210
    Thanked 784 Times in 257 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    ^^^The only time this would probably be an issue is if the ex camgirl decides to be a teacher...She has a chance of getting outed and fired because of her past. Other than that scenario, I really see no reason as to why this would be a major issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avamonet View Post
    The average camgirl is not that recognizable by name. Most of us simply just aren't that famous nor do I want to be.
    Exactly, I don't even know any famous camgirls lol (I probably would not even recognize half of you if I ever saw you guys in person lol) ....And if they are sort of famous, it's because they wanted to be...If you plan to eventually stop camming and go into a different line of work, I doubt you would promote yourself a lot...It's only camming, I really don't get how serious this is...I really don't lol...And if it scares you that much, go get a little plastic sugery...or dye your hair lol...I might even have my nose done and buy some boobs when this is all over lol, but I highly doubt it lol





  36. The Following User Says Thank You to lolabunny For This Useful Post:


  37. #25
    Veteran Member BlakeDahlia's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 278 Posts

    Default Re: Here is your proof!!You can still get a job after camming!

    I was fired from a retail management job after they found out I was interviewing for a behind the scenes job in the adult industry. In many states, your employer does not need a valid reason for firing you and as long as you're not being fired for something to do with your gender, race, religion, etc. (in some states, sexual orientation isn't even a protected status). Actually I wasn't even given a reason for my termination aside from vaguely stating, "lack of performance."
    "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." ~ Emma Goldman

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlakeDahlia For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 11:39 PM
  2. To those saying camming isnt a job..
    By exquizitt in forum Other Work
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 04:14 AM
  3. Camming/PSO/The Adult Industry: Economy-Proof? *POLL*
    By AngelCummings in forum Other Work
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
  4. Camming/PSO/The Adult Industry: Economy-Proof?
    By AngelCummings in forum Other Work
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
  5. Camming as second job?
    By xoxoAmilTaylor in forum Other Work
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •