+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with Streamate free live chat?

Thanks

Default Problems with Streamate free live chat?

Sometimes I was not able to see what the person in free chat was typing to me and also if someone else entered the room I would get kicked off from talking to that person. It was so bad I ended up logging off. Anyone else besides me have those problems?

I did contact customer support but I am waiting for their response.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Problems with Streamate free live chat?

Same thing happens to me sometimes...like I'll click on something in the chat window (like making a note on a member in there) and all of the text in the window will go away, like I can't see the messages. I haven't figured out how to get it back without logging out and logging back in. If they email you back about this post it here...I'm curious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amberose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for responding. So far I have not heard back from them. Hopefully when they respond back, they will actually have a solution for it. I tried logging on this morning and the same thing was happening. Im gonna work 2 nite but its gonna be challenging to do so :-(

Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 Times in 1,716 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah
    Blog Entries

Oh it's super easy! I was confused by it at first too. The thing that happens is that when you click on someone's name to talk to them in pvt it makes it so you only see that person's chat. You just have to deselect that person to talk to the whole room again.

I'm not sure how to make it so that you don't miss messages while you're talking to that specific person, but it will show you that you've missed something another guy said while you're on that one member. A little notecard will pop up next to their name, but for me it only pops up, bounces once and disappears before I have a chance to click on it.

See here, where "guest users" is in black.

When you click a username that name turns black, which means the only thing you're seeing is his text.

To get it back to where you see everything, just click "Guest users" again. It'll also bump you back into "guest users" if the person leaves the chat room.

I'm not sure how to keep it from losing all the messages you missed while you were talking to just that member. What I try to do (if I remember who had the bouncing card) is to read the messages I missed. Click on the member name that had a bouncing card next to it to read his message, then click back into "guest users". That can be kind of tough when you've got a lot of folks in your room and they're all yammering like high school girls on phones.

In the case of the latter I just tell them, "oops! Chat glitched out! I just lost everything y'all said in the last minute. Please say it again."

To keep it from highlighting that user at all (in case you just want to ban, kick, or make a note) I believe that you can simply hover over the right hand side of his name and click the appropriate button.

Verified as a camgirl by h0ttie, BB

I haz a website an' stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IsobelWren For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was having a problem yesterday and today where the whole background of chat would turn white and it would almost look like it does when you have it clicked on a persons name, but I wasn't.

Like where Isobel has the pic up there of when guys log in and out and there is yellow, that is disappearing and there are no lines between different lines of text, if that makes sense.

Is this what its doing for you or is it more along the lines of what Isobel is showing?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TM1975 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TM1975 View Post
    I was having a problem yesterday and today where the whole background of chat would turn white and it would almost look like it does when you have it clicked on a persons name, but I wasn't.

Like where Isobel has the pic up there of when guys log in and out and there is yellow, that is disappearing and there are no lines between different lines of text, if that makes sense.

Is this what its doing for you or is it more along the lines of what Isobel is showing?
    Yeah it was acting really sketchy last night. The text box kept going white and all of their dialog kept going away. I kept having to click on individual names to bring it back or click on guest chat. It's definitely a glitch and a few other girls mentioned that it was happening to them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Avamonet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,888 Times in 1,777 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Last night was a little weird for me with the text in the chat... I think they must be making some changes for it because the little note card icon thing is new.

Thanks for the visual Isobel!
    xoxo ~ Sarah

pls check out my new blog about camming:
    http://www.lifeofacamgirl.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

It was kind of acting funky last night, I wasn't able to block or kick custies out my room, encoder was off and I was still streaming, kicking me out of a private...idk what the hell was going on with them lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lolabunny For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolabunny View Post
    It was kind of acting funky last night, I wasn't able to block or kick custies out my room, encoder was off and I was still streaming, kicking me out of a private...idk what the hell was going on with them lol
    Well my block/kick button worked fine. I think I broke a record last night with blocking people lol. I made decent money but there were so many freeloaders and people who wouldn't say anything. I made a fun little game out of it. I'm gonna go unblock a few now. I might have gotten a little overzealous.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avamonet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone knows what's that little flashing icon on the left of guests' name for? I saw it a few times yesterday but I saw nothing after clicking it.

Thanks

PrincessWorld I noticed that today also, it was only happening when I already had a members named clicked to talk privately to them in text chat. It seems like it was just an indication that another member had typed something to us, so that we can click their name to see what they said

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TM1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

PrincessWorld I noticed that today also, it was only happening when I already had a members named clicked to talk privately to them in text chat. It seems like it was just an indication that another member had typed something to us, so that we can click their name to see what they said
    Thank you TM1975! Seems SM is making some changes after the holiday.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessWorld For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Isobel :-)

And Tm1975 it was doing what u are talking about and what Isobel was talking about too.

Glad I was not the only one who noticed it....

Thanks

Oh and here is the email that they sent me down below

"There was a release that caused some problems, but if you clear your"
    cache before your stream again, you should be fine.

Nothing big but at least they responded back...

Good luck everyone :-)
    Last edited by JGB2009; 01-05-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JGB2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah the formatting was going funky for me last night too.

And when all the text goes away, I click on guest users and its still not coming up.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 Times in 1,716 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh I thought I was so clever and shit for posting this but then the same thing happened to me last night! People entering/leaving the room weren't in yellow and everything was piled on top of itself. LOL, shows what I know. Man I hate SM and all their glitches. Then when the members tell you, "Oh your cam is freezing up" and you tell them that you've done everything you can and it must be on SM's side they don't believe you, "Well so-and-so's cam is working"

Verified as a camgirl by h0ttie, BB

I haz a website an' stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

+ Reply to Thread