Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,851 to 1,865 of 1865

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,066 Times in 1,668 Posts

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

^^^Everyone can interpret what sex is to them. It’s definitely a gray area. I could go into more detail, but I don’t think that would really be useful.

On the topic of changes in the industry. I saw they same thing with dances. It was really sad to see. I think any of us veterans can vouch for the decline. I think the same thing is happening in the camming world. With dancing a lot of top earners started bartending because they made about the same with their clothes on and less customer contact, but about the same in terms of emotional labor. The bottle girls were making more than dancers. Similarly, I think the same observation can be made with online content. I think girls who have other options will use their skill set to make more money doing something else. I can fault anyone. With coronavirus more people are doing survival sex work.

It’s like art is “expensive” because your buying a piece of someone’s soul. That’s how I look at my work if people want a Walmart painting they can go to Walmart. I’m a fine piece of art and I deserve to be appreciated. Nothing against cheap artwork. When you’re broke and just need something to put on your wall cheap art works...lol. You’ll always have people that balk at a $300-$600 painting. Saying that’s “expensive”, I’ll go to Walmart or wherever. I personally would never tell anyone there artwork is expensive. That’s just rude. I’m just like, “Sorrt, I can’t afford it.” The customers “should” have the same attitude, but they can be toxic to me when they see me rates. Insulting me and such.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,044 Times in 4,486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    ^^^Everyone can interpret what sex is to them. Itís definitely a gray area. I could go into more detail, but I donít think that would really be useful.

On the topic of changes in the industry. I saw they same thing with dances. It was really sad to see. I think any of us veterans can vouch for the decline. I think the same thing is happening in the camming world. With dancing a lot of top earners started bartending because they made about the same with their clothes on and less customer contact, but about the same in terms of emotional labor. The bottle girls were making more than dancers. Similarly, I think the same observation can be made with online content. I think girls who have other options will use their skill set to make more money doing something else. I can fault anyone. With coronavirus more people are doing survival sex work.

Itís like art is ďexpensiveĒ because your buying a piece of someoneís soul. Thatís how I look at my work if people want a Walmart painting they can go to Walmart. Iím a fine piece of art and I deserve to be appreciated. Nothing against cheap artwork. When youíre broke and just need something to put on your wall cheap art works...lol. Youíll always have people that balk at a $300-$600 painting. Saying thatís ďexpensiveĒ, Iíll go to Walmart or wherever. I personally would never tell anyone there artwork is expensive. Thatís just rude. Iím just like, ďSorrt, I canít afford it.Ē The customers ďshouldĒ have the same attitude, but they can be toxic to me when they see me rates. Insulting me and such.
    It happens at low rates too though. I'll never forget when I did a "happy hour", experimenting with 2.99 during the daytime, a time when I've never really pulled any good money. I normally only work evenings and late night. I got several comments saying how I was "too expensive" and I was floored. Some of them even added insults about how a "woman my age" should not think she could get that much money for just showing her tits, and how they could buy a real blowjob cheaper than a session with me.

I banned them all, immediately logged out and went back to my usual rate. I really think the low rates attract guys who are pissed off about being broke.

I know it happens a lot at high rates too but at least when I do get a show I'm not pissed off when I look at my stats. It's such a delicate balance though. If I were getting back to back shows with fairly pleasant guys I'd be okay with a lower price but it wasn't my experience, and I find I'm happier waiting awhile to get fewer shows and a bit more money and generally more successful guys who aren't butthurt about paying because they have some money to spend.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 375 Posts

@moneybags There are endless ways to make money on cam sites without doing it the traditional way (nudity/mastubation). You could be a fully clothed domme who instead makes guys masturbate for you, or there are lots of nonnude girls who just hang out and chat & entertain in various ways, but that is more prevalent on token sites. This is why imo we are hosts, entertainers, actors, performers.

Couples can have sex on cam sites like Chaturbate and even on SM and it’s still not sex with the viewers. Just paid for exhibitionism. I don’t think any reasonable viewer is delusional enough to believe they are actually having sex with these performers- they are just viewing a performance. If a solo girl does a cumshow on CB with 15,000 viewers in the room— is she having sex with all 15,000 viewers? Imo she is just doing her thing privately in her own space, allowing people to watch her

Have you ever thought about switching to that style of camming where you don't masturbate or undress? Maybe you might feel less conflicted that way. Personally I’ve never done a cumshow on SM or used one of those tip vibes, and I don't get naked. So I am really coming from a different perspective and have certainly never felt like I am selling my soul. Not even when I do masturbate (which is only in private on MFC or indie after huge pretips on top of the per minute). I'm selling a fantasy or a personality.
    now i could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
    or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams

-ye

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,285 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    It happens at low rates too though. I'll never forget when I did a "happy hour", experimenting with 2.99 during the daytime, a time when I've never really pulled any good money. I normally only work evenings and late night. I got several comments saying how I was "too expensive" and I was floored. Some of them even added insults about how a "woman my age" should not think she could get that much money for just showing her tits, and how they could buy a real blowjob cheaper than a session with me.

I banned them all, immediately logged out and went back to my usual rate. I really think the low rates attract guys who are pissed off about being broke.

I know it happens a lot at high rates too but at least when I do get a show I'm not pissed off when I look at my stats. It's such a delicate balance though. If I were getting back to back shows with fairly pleasant guys I'd be okay with a lower price but it wasn't my experience, and I find I'm happier waiting awhile to get fewer shows and a bit more money and generally more successful guys who aren't butthurt about paying because they have some money to spend.
    I tried that once to at 3.99 & not only didn't get more shows but got way more a-holes in both free & in the shows I did get.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperPookie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Smiley Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by minibagel View Post
    @moneybags There are endless ways to make money on cam sites without doing it the traditional way (nudity/mastubation). You could be a fully clothed domme who instead makes guys masturbate for you, or there are lots of nonnude girls who just hang out and chat & entertain in various ways, but that is more prevalent on token sites. This is why imo we are hosts, entertainers, actors, performers.

Couples can have sex on cam sites like Chaturbate and even on SM and it’s still not sex with the viewers. Just paid for exhibitionism. I don’t think any reasonable viewer is delusional enough to believe they are actually having sex with these performers- they are just viewing a performance. If a solo girl does a cumshow on CB with 15,000 viewers in the room— is she having sex with all 15,000 viewers? Imo she is just doing her thing privately in her own space, allowing people to watch her

Have you ever thought about switching to that style of camming where you don't masturbate or undress? Maybe you might feel less conflicted that way. Personally I’ve never done a cumshow on SM or used one of those tip vibes, and I don't get naked. So I am really coming from a different perspective and have certainly never felt like I am selling my soul. Not even when I do masturbate (which is only in private on MFC or indie after huge pretips on top of the per minute). I'm selling a fantasy or a personality.
    I hear you

I’m just saying we have something of value and we deserve to be compensated for our time and energy. I think the work we do is valuable. I think our work is devalued by ourselves and others for a variety of reasons.

I had a feeling saying camming was like “real sex” could be triggering. Its my completely subjective opinion. If that’s isn’t true for you, then totally ignore what I said.

I’m doing a lot of educational classes on with Justine Cross (pro domme) and women’s business coaching. I’ll be sure to share anything that’s helpful.

I’ll look into all those other options. Thanks for sharing your perspective
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-12-2021 at 07:25 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,044 Times in 4,486 Posts

I don’t feel like I was heard. I’m just saying we have something of value and we deserve to be compensated for our time and energy. I think the work we do is valuable. I think our work is devalued by ourselves and others for a variety of reasons.

I had a feeling saying camming was like “real sex” could be triggering. It’s completely subjective. Don’t buy into if it doesn’t serve you. I was just thinking it was a very interesting thought from an intellectual perspective. I had a knee jerk reaction when I read it too. I was like, “what!”.

I’m doing a lot of educational classes on sex work with Justine Cross and women’s business coaching. I’ll be sure to share anything that’s helpful. I’m super excited about the women’s business class. I think it’s very common for women to charge less than what they are worth.

Take what you and leave the rest. Thanks for your feedback! I’ll look into all those other options sis.
    I agree with your point of view. I didn't used to but I've been realizing it more and more.

Also it's interesting when I think back on my days as a typist in the deep south (I'm pretty damn old lol, probably way older than most of you) back in the days of typing pools. We were literally selling sex then too, though nobody would have admitted to it. (maybe not real sex always but definitely forced into selling sexual appeal) The ones who made more money usually did because they were attractive or flirty - because they got chosen as a personal assistant or secretary. It was insulting and degrading.

You worked for minimum wage there, rows of typewriters unless some doctor or lawyer (I worked both in hospital settings and in a huge law firm) came and asked for you. Sexual harassment wasn't even something that would've occurred to us back then (a pinch on the butt was supposed to make us jump and giggle while we slapped a hand away).

I feel way less harassed and disrespected now. and i can BAN disrespectful assholes instead of having to cater to them to be able to eat and pay my rent!!! Heavenly.

Plus I can have the potential to make way more money now. The corporate world can suck my plastic dick. I'd much rather set my own price for sexual harassment and sexual services than have them tell me what I'm worth and pretend that's not what is going on.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 375 Posts

I hear you

I’m just saying we have something of value and we deserve to be compensated for our time and energy. I think the work we do is valuable. I think our work is devalued by ourselves and others for a variety of reasons.

I had a feeling saying camming was like “real sex” could be triggering. Its my completely subjective opinion. If that’s isn’t true for you, then totally ignore what I said.

I’m doing a lot of educational classes on with Justine Cross (pro domme) and women’s business coaching. I’ll be sure to share anything that’s helpful.

I’ll look into all those other options. Thanks for sharing your perspective
    You might find through your research that femdom style camming could suit you better, where traditional gender roles are reversed and you'd have subs and slaves serving you. You might even get a power high once you start ordering these guys around for your entertainment, making them eat their own cum for you, or having them send you a bunch of tips just because you say $$$

You call all the shots, and then the only ones getting used & exploited are the betas who worship you
    now i could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
    or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams

-ye

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,547 Times in 1,438 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

I agree with your point of view. I didn't used to but I've been realizing it more and more.

Also it's interesting when I think back on my days as a typist in the deep south (I'm pretty damn old lol, probably way older than most of you) back in the days of typing pools. We were literally selling sex then too, though nobody would have admitted to it. (maybe not real sex always but definitely forced into selling sexual appeal) The ones who made more money usually did because they were attractive or flirty - because they got chosen as a personal assistant or secretary. It was insulting and degrading.

You worked for minimum wage there, rows of typewriters unless some doctor or lawyer (I worked both in hospital settings and in a huge law firm) came and asked for you. Sexual harassment wasn't even something that would've occurred to us back then (a pinch on the butt was supposed to make us jump and giggle while we slapped a hand away).

I feel way less harassed and disrespected now. and i can BAN disrespectful assholes instead of having to cater to them to be able to eat and pay my rent!!! Heavenly.

Plus I can have the potential to make way more money now. The corporate world can suck my plastic dick. I'd much rather set my own price for sexual harassment and sexual services than have them tell me what I'm worth and pretend that's not what is going on.
    I remember when shorthand was a valuable qualification for a secretary. I was quite good at it. lol

I also remember subtle harassments when I worked as a legal secretary. It paid really well but I couldn't handle doing it long term.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,603 Times in 6,139 Posts

Even if you are fully vaccinated, the CDC still recommends that you keep your rates high!

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,023 Times in 1,912 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Exactly. The less money they have to spend, the more demanding they are. It has always been like that, that's why now I got high prices and they can kiss my ass. I prefer 3 cusotmers that make me $300 in 10 hours, than 20 customers that fuck my brain for same money. Thankfully, I learned to just block and move on. Feels good to be expensive, when dealing with toxic customers. I like when they get triggered over my prices, but it's adorable, since others simply PAY. There are subs who pay my prices and keep reminding me every 5 minute how expensive I am and they do it in a passive agressive way, like trying to make me feel guilty of it, like "look, you must feel grateful i am paying your ridiculous prices", but I have a good talent at playing dumb and not getting their subtle pricking. That's why they keep repeating it every few minutes, because they think I don't get it. Little do they know is that I am only looking at the timer, to suck as much as I can from their wallet, even tho, it means I am there to hear a so called- sumbissive, being passive agressive over me. Please, do it all day long at $10 per minute ). Being toxic and rich maybe works for me, since you pay me and I am good at stare blank into what you say and don't give a fuck, because I get paid. I'm winning, you still pay me, no matter how superior you think you are, you lose from the moment you press the private button and whatever you say becomes irrelevant. But when your toxic and BROKE, my air becomes too expensive to be wasted into your direction. Au revoir & BLOCK ))
    Last edited by Cutie101; 05-14-2021 at 06:16 AM.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,285 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

So far the new rate hasn't reduced the amount of shows I get at all though to be honest it wasn't exactly popping before lol & none of my regulars seem to have even noticed so I'm going to wait another few days to make it a even two weeks & then raise it another 0.50.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperPookie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Wanted to share me notes from today

Notes from seminar: Ask for money without shame, apology, or embarrassment

Money is freedom, choices, power

Money is just energy

Why don’t we charge
    Struggle to get people to see one value, worry we will lose the sale

experience matters, skills matter, contacts matter

Charge for the years it took to gain those, not for the hours it takes to do the job now.

Your time matters-and that’s all of your time spent working, marketing, preparing, pitching, network.

Do a time audit to see how you spend your time. Time spent getting ready, spent working out, business, content creation

Overhead matters-what you spend to do your job well-make up, nails, hair, equipment, cost of living, gym membership

Value is the eye of the beholder-it’s worth what people will pay for it. Not ALL, but SOME.

What is really anything worth?

Story is everything-tell people about yourself

People aren’t buying your work-they’re buying your story

The process-write about your skills, love, and care

With service people buy the solution not the tools

Ask them-“what brings you here?”
    Don’t try to appeal to everyone.

When to sell cheap-when you need testimonials, break into an area, when you need to gain experience, when you’re not sure if something will work and you want to test it out

But raises your prices quickly. You can’t pay the bills with exposure. If you want to work for free go to where your clients hang out.

If you try to do it cheap whatever you charge there will always be someone willing it to do it for less.

You add value by being better, not by being the cheapest.

It’s not your job to decide what people can afford

If they can’t afford you they aren’t your customers

The more abundance you have the more you can share.

If you price higher you might lose the sale and that’s okay. Get comfortable with hearing NO! It’s a superpower

That’s ridiculously expensive, because I’m ridiculously good!

It’s fine to lose some customers

The customers we lose whine, complain. When you raise your prices you get more respect and people treat you better!

She told a story about when she charges less for coaching she’s gets more negative feedback about her service. Even thought it’s the same service she offers at the VIP price.

Packages, and why you need a premium one. Give your clients the red carpet treatment at a breath taking price.

Always have a premium package.

There’s always someone who wants the best and will do it.

Walk around the house saying it to yourself- practice telling people how much you charge.

Once you have a premium offer consider a down sell too

Smile money- when you get a bizarre request. What would make me do this with a big smile on my face.

If you are resentful you are priced too low

Keep assessing your prices
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-19-2021 at 01:45 PM.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,605 Times in 4,706 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

^^GOLD thanks!
    Sha

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^^^^Thanks. It was super helpful to go to this workshop. If anyone wants info about my financial coaching PM me.

I raised my rates to 8.99/12.99. I feel good about it. It’s not too high or too low. I might raise them later, but for I feel like it’s a good energy exchange.

Anyways, I just got done with a show. You’re totally worth the higher price!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

I have my rates pretty low for the contest 8.99/9.99 I lowered them thinking I would get more shows and not have to hustle as hard to get them. Nah. Freeloaders gonna be freeloaders. Cheapskates gonna be cheapskates. Beggars gonna beg. When I charge less I feel like crap and I get cheap clients. It doesn’t make sense! You’d think lower rates would make it easier to get shows, and to a certain extent it does, but it’s not worth it. They don’t tip more or get longer shows.

I’m gonna raise my rates a $1 per week. My big mistake was not raising them gradually. It scared guys off. I’m priced way too low at 8.99/9.99.I’ve been playing with rates for May.

You don’t have to like it or buy a show from me at a higher rate, but negativity won’t be tolerated from my regs. I need new regulars. I’ll be happy to see my regulars move on and get new girls. When I danced I never liked having regulars. I always thought regulars were more of a hassle than they were worth. They get entitled and want more time and energy and spend less and less.

I’ll be adding sexpanther-They also let you link your cam site. Just can’t promote other phone sex sites. I’m excited to do to get some more eggs. As well as excited to do sky private and keep more of my money! I think having other streams of income will help give me the confidence to raise my rates and keep them there.

More than anything I think I need to have confidence!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475