Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1730

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Thanks
    Thanked 21,116 Times in 10,910 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmel57 View Post
    Iím 63 and have a good firm figure for my age too. Iím told I look 40 and lots of men of all ages love older women.
    I charge 7.49/8.09 on Streamate with no intention of lowering my prices. I do well enough at that price and if I didnít I wouldnít work on there. I have a bunch of good regs and some big spenders. If any complain or try to freeload they get kicked.
    Good for you! That's awesome!

Blessed are They Who See Beautiful Things
    in Humble Places Where Other People see Nothing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,540 Times in 4,003 Posts
    My Mood
    Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Yea, I heard that, my last check was s***, worked my ass off
    Girl, I think you've waited to raise until you have a better system? I was at $7.99/$8.99 with a shitty ass Chromebook using SMC. It got me to page 1 lololll. Just raise them. If most of us have higher rates the guys will just HAVE to pay!!!
    Sha

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,091 Times in 2,652 Posts

I agree plus with Sm taking 60% and taxes around 20-30% (I always just calculate 30% in my mind), that means about 90% of your money off SM is gone! Add in the fact that you have to pay for your upkeep (hair , outfits, toys, expensive technology, etc). I just don’t see how it’s worth it otherwise. Now on indie, sure I’ll charge $3-5 per min but I take home more of that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 487 Posts

Its not even just about the money/take home income I dont think. In my experience, having higher rates adds to the experience as a whole.
    The higher my rates have been, the nicer customers and better quality shows I get. I even notice a difference between my pvt customers over my excl customers tbh. I do have some amazing customers who only do private, but overall my nicest and best quality guys are my excl guys. If ever I get someone whoís pushy/demanding/in a rush, itíll nearly always be someone who took me pvt. I barely ever get that in excl now.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    I agree plus with Sm taking 60% and taxes around 20-30% (I always just calculate 30% in my mind), that means about 90% of your money off SM is gone! Add in the fact that you have to pay for your upkeep (hair , outfits, toys, expensive technology, etc). I just don’t see how it’s worth it otherwise. Now on indie, sure I’ll charge $3-5 per min but I take home more of that.

Ya, SM takes a large cut but I don't really view it like that. All I care about is that my 9.99/min pvt rate gives me $3.49/minute my cut and my 12.99/min excl rate gives me $4.54/min my cut.

Taxes are really in our favor for being self-employed as we have access to deductions that the normal W2 workers don't have. On top of business deductions, investing and putting away money into tax-advantaged accounts (solo 401k, IRA, HSA, etc.) can reduce your tax burden significantly.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,091 Times in 2,652 Posts

True, Exactly my point , cam shouldn’t be below $3/ min (our cut).

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

just raised my rate from 5.99/6.99 to 7.99/8.99 and I am getting shows with great customers. I will probably raise it another dollar in the next few weeks when I have picked up some toys and costumes.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NotANewGyal For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,122 Posts

I raised mine to 6.99/7.99 I’m not going back if they want cheap pussy they can go somewhere else. My cut is another .30. Seeming how they don’t tip its totally okay to charge a higher rate
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,540 Times in 4,003 Posts
    My Mood
    Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    I raised mine to 6.99/7.99 I’m not going back if they want cheap pussy they can go somewhere else. My cut is another .30. Seeming how they don’t tip its totally okay to charge a higher rate
    yesssss!
    Sha

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,705 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I raised mine up to 7.99 excl & right away had an awesome 2 nights back to back only excl shows. However, I took off 4 days came back to nothing. Ya I'm risking it & raising that shit up to at least 8.99 excl & 7.99 for pvt.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I raised my $1.99/3.99 to $4.99/6.99 and now I'm so mad at myself that I didn't do this sooner!!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StassiMarie For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minibagel View Post
    Ya, SM takes a large cut but I don't really view it like that. All I care about is that my 9.99/min pvt rate gives me $3.49/minute my cut and my 12.99/min excl rate gives me $4.54/min my cut.

Taxes are really in our favor for being self-employed as we have access to deductions that the normal W2 workers don't have. On top of business deductions, investing and putting away money into tax-advantaged accounts (solo 401k, IRA, HSA, etc.) can reduce your tax burden significantly.
    mini bagel have you applied for a tax id number ? i was thinking about getting one so i can unlock business credit cards to put my tax deductable spending on 1 card so its easier and get more bonuses for spending.
    when you put money in the IRA and those things can you pulll it out 1 x per year ? or are the penalties high in order to pay less taxes?

i didnt get enough deductions this year i think ( i am not a big spender) i couldnt gather more than $13k in spending so i think i have to do standard deduction :-(

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^I have an EIN (employer identification number for small business/self employed) that I used to open a solo 401k. I didn't need one for my IRA, pretty sure at least.

But ya cam girls generally have pretty low overhead/expenses compared to other small businesses like a restaurant for example, so the best way to reduce our tax burden is to put away money into these types of accounts!! The solo 401k in particular has massive contribution space, approx. $57k compared to $19,500 for the regular W2 employee.
    Last edited by minibagel; 01-22-2021 at 12:50 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    when you put money in the IRA and those things can you pulll it out 1 x per year ? or are the penalties high in order to pay less taxes?
    If you open a Roth IRA you can pull out only the contributions (not growth) without consequence because it is after tax money. If you have a traditional IRA there will be penalties. I believe for Roth the only catch is that you only have a 60 day period to put it back in without it messing up your contribution limit. For example, the current limit I believe is 6k/year so let's say you only put in $2000 so far this year, but then you need to withdraw $2000 for an emergency you'd only have 60 days to put it back so that the $2k still counts toward your contributions. If you don't return it in time, then you can only contribute $4000 and your remaining contribution space for year will be $4000 (not $6000).

With all that in mind, the Roth IRA is not tax deductible because it is after tax money. Only the traditional IRA is deductible, but there is also an income limit for it to be eligible for deductions-- around $75k MAGI. If you put away enough into a solo 401k, you could lower your MAGI to still qualify for the traditional account.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

ok so i said fuck it and raised my prices to 9.99/9.99 and got a private with a chill dude within the first hour! only bad thing is my sound wasnt working too well UGH :/ good ting is I made SO MUCH in 1 minute.

I am keeping my prices until SM raises my limit to 11.99 cause currently I am at the maxed out price.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NotANewGyal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NotANewGyal View Post
    ok so i said fuck it and raised my prices to 9.99/9.99 and got a private with a chill dude within the first hour! only bad thing is my sound wasnt working too well UGH :/ good ting is I made SO MUCH in 1 minute.

I am keeping my prices until SM raises my limit to 11.99 cause currently I am at the maxed out price.
    I am working my way up too, plugging away!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

If you open a Roth IRA you can pull out only the contributions (not growth) without consequence because it is after tax money. If you have a traditional IRA there will be penalties. I believe for Roth the only catch is that you only have a 60 day period to put it back in without it messing up your contribution limit. For example, the current limit I believe is 6k/year so let's say you only put in $2000 so far this year, but then you need to withdraw $2000 for an emergency you'd only have 60 days to put it back so that the $2k still counts toward your contributions. If you don't return it in time, then you can only contribute $4000 and your remaining contribution space for year will be $4000 (not $6000).

With all that in mind, the Roth IRA is not tax deductible because it is after tax money. Only the traditional IRA is deductible, but there is also an income limit for it to be eligible for deductions-- around $75k MAGI. If you put away enough into a solo 401k, you could lower your MAGI to still qualify for the traditional account.
    ONG minibagel you are so smart . Thanks for the info.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^I have an EIN (employer identification number for small business/self employed) that I used to open a solo 401k. I didn't need one for my IRA, pretty sure at least.

But ya cam girls generally have pretty low overhead/expenses compared to other small businesses like a restaurant for example, so the best way to reduce our tax burden is to put away money into these types of accounts!! The solo 401k in particular has massive contribution space, approx. $57k compared to $19,500 for the regular W2 employee.
    I want to get an IEN to open business credit cards. Have you done that yet? It’s really helpful. I mainly want it for that reason. But I don’t want to have to complicate my taxes. This year I am doing just the standard deduction. As you knew I didn’t hit enough spending to deduct that much . About 13k so far only total. Which isn’t much .

Have you looked into the business credit cards?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I certainly have better clients now! Either total fetish or total vanilla and just want to see me naked. I think men like to spend money on expensive hoes, especially if they just have to spare and get to nut lol.

Anyways, I am here to say if I can raise my prices, you can too. I decided to stay at 8.99/9.99 and I am getting A LOT more exclusive shows compared to when I was at 5.99/6.99.

I did all this in a span of a month.

This thread honestly motivated me to give it a try so thanks to all the ladies who posted, camming is fun again!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NotANewGyal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

bigbum i will PM you!

Thanks

Recently got approved for $19.99/min for max rate and experimented with 15.99 last night and I don't think any of the customers noticed

Does anyone know what the max rate is? Is it $24.99?

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 323 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Anyone raising their rates on their OnlyFans subscription?

My rates everywhere else are higher (cam, phone, customs) but I keep pre-made videos on clip sites around $1/min and my OnlyFans is $5 monthly which makes it the cheapest thing I offer. I post 1 minute nude videos (non explicit) every single day though so I'm thinking of raising it to $10 or $15 per month, but I'm worried about losing subs

EDIT Like at $5 a month, lots of subs come and go. I'm thinking if I raise it, the guys who sub will probably stick around longer if they're willing to pay more to see ME specifically in the first place, rather than the guys who think 'eh it's just $5, let's see what she offers' and only stick around for 1 month.

Check Out My Site: Zara Sutra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NotANewGyal View Post
    I certainly have better clients now! Either total fetish or total vanilla and just want to see me naked. I think men like to spend money on expensive hoes, especially if they just have to spare and get to nut lol.

Anyways, I am here to say if I can raise my prices, you can too. I decided to stay at 8.99/9.99 and I am getting A LOT more exclusive shows compared to when I was at 5.99/6.99.

I did all this in a span of a month.

This thread honestly motivated me to give it a try so thanks to all the ladies who posted, camming is fun again!
    I've noticed I receive more Exclusives since being able to increase my rates, however I've also improved my engagement, performance, bit rate and camera position.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strawberryblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I am 6.99 with 7.99 on Streamate and I live in the UK. Not sure how much to increase... But I feel like I should be more expensive, don't think if I am cheaper I will get more pvts. Hard to know...

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 487 Posts

I've just upped my private rate from 7.99 to 8.99 today. I'd built this thought into my head that I need to keep my private lower cause I don't do gold shows. But I've just invested a few £££ in the brio and a big ring light though and my stream looks wayyyyyy better. Plus according to my rate analysis tool though, only 25-30% of my shows are private's anyway so I'll see how it goes! I'm now at 8.99/10.99.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast