Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1289

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Featured Member DancesWithSloths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 748 Posts

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

I raised to 5.99/7.99 at the start of August, and although a few regs have stayed with me and I'm getting new exclusives here and there, I'm having a hell of a time getting new custies into pvt at all. It's amazing that they'll pay 7.99, but won't touch me at 5.99. Weird!

I end up not being logged into SM all that much, because I'm in and out of shows on AW all the time, so new SM regs don't have time to find me. Going to give the 5.99 rate another week and then, if things don't improve, go back to 4.99. Sad times.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 530 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Well, is it me, or the customers started to complain more and more about the prices?
    I never been trough that, till a while ago. Since August I started getting a lot of customers who are complaining about my prices. Even I lowered them.
    Have you, girls, been trough this?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,958 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Well, is it me, or the customers started to complain more and more about the prices?
    I never been trough that, till a while ago. Since August I started getting a lot of customers who are complaining about my prices. Even I lowered them.
    Have you, girls, been trough this?
    I haven't had a lot of complaints...they just stopped spending :/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 858 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I have had complaints about my prices as well but Im also seeing a lot of new clients coming through so I have attributed it to this. Its always good to have fresh meat moving through but inevitably some of it will be too broke to afford my ass!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoloDesire View Post
    I haven't had a lot of complaints...they just stopped spending :/
    lol that is exactly what happened to me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 865 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

What do most of you charge on SM & other sites out of curiosity? On SM I was at 4.99 pvt/6.99 excl but rarely got shows so I dropped down to 3.99 pvt/4.99 excl. I don't want to cheapen myself but since this is my only source of income right now I just want more business.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    What do most of you charge on SM & other sites out of curiosity? On SM I was at 4.99 pvt/6.99 excl but rarely got shows so I dropped down to 3.99 pvt/4.99 excl. I don't want to cheapen myself but since this is my only source of income right now I just want more business.
    Right now I am at $6,49/ $8,49.
    And I do ok.
    My advice is... RAISE YOUR RATES!
    If your cut is less than $1,50/ min, then your rates are too low.
    SM percentage share is too low to afford charing low prices.
    Try 5,99/ 7,99 for 2 weeks and see what happens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,974 Times in 2,546 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Absolutely the above! Mine are 6.69 and 7.99 at the moment. I don't get much business on SM because at the end of the day that IS expensive for the guys. But I'm not willing to accept less. Those rates are already lower than I'd prefer. I'd rather splitcam and have the rates I want on all the sites, than lower them and rely on only the one site x
    Websites & payment for camgirls

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 503 Posts

I recently raised my rates back up $1. I had lowered them because it was absolutely shite on SM and my paid percentages were so low, like 20's and 30's! Then a few days ago I said fuckit and put them back up to where they were because things have picked up for me. I changed ONE thing about my setup and the guys are going nuts over it! Now this week and last my %'s are in the 50's and 60's! Unheard of for me! Knock on wood though.. But the raise seems to be helping so much with my bottom line. I am not going to assume this will keep up though so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts :-/
    The Babies, background to foreground:
    1966 Cadillac Sayers & Scoville Endloader (Dusty),
    1971 Cadillac Miller Meteor 3-way (Barnabus),
    1985 Lincoln Town Car OOAK Endloader (Jimmy)

www.MadameXavialune.com

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MistressX For This Useful Post:

Featured Member DancesWithSloths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 748 Posts

I confess I haven't worked on SM very much since I've been prioritising AW and indy, but changing my rates to 4.99/7.99 has worked out very well. (I had been at 4.99/6.99 for 2 years.) My fetish regs went up to 7.99 without complaint, but when I tried 5.99 for pvts, I wasn't getting enough vanilla footfall without gold shows. I enjoy gold shows (big ol' exhibitionist ^_^), but they exhaust me, so back down I went to 4.99.

The few times I worked on SM since then worked out pretty well: several good chunky fetish exclusives to make up the bulk of my pay, with a bunch of easy pvts to pad it out a bit. I'm happy here for the moment, but might have to reconsider if the $/ exchange shifts significantly. (At the moment I make slightly more per minute on SM than AW, to make up for the aggravation of the 60-sec preview)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 865 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Ya I'm def going back up to 4.99/6.99 for myself. I hate not having many shows on SM but it is annoying to see my cut after all the bs I had to go thru to get them to spend. When I was 4.09 I got pvts constantly lol weird. What are your rates on Cams (those of you that work that site also)?
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks

I raised my exclusive rates today and made my low goal within an hour of being online, most of the times i reach it in 2 hours yay i am so happy!!!! also got a few new regulars who bought some blocks

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsJess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yaaay! Congratz @MsJess and Thanks for bumping this thread.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Question for independent girls who work on Jasmin: Have you tried upping your price to $4,99?
    I am on $2,99 now and I haven't been for a while on Jasmin. I've been back with a consistent schedlue there but I really don't have the patience to build up privates on that price.
    I wonder if is ok to upgrade to 4,99 so soon and with such a low position on page.
    Hmmm..

Banned
    Thanks

Dizzy I think I'm giving away too much...

Soo... help me out here, guys...

I need ideas on how to keep my show... just that... a SHOW...
    I need ideas on how to keep things interesting, because a lot of times I feel as though I bore people who come in my room

Another mistake I've realized I think I'm making is that I think I'm giving away too much for the price I asked for. For example, last night I said that I would do a cumshow after I reached 143 tk. So I did the cumshow. And I didn't get ANY more tips after that (besides ONE tk) So that tells me that I probably just attracted a bunch of freeloaders...

I'm scared that since I've been doing cumshows every day since I started camming (and for a small price, too) that now it's going to make it difficult for me to have much success in the future... like, what if I'm already on a tube site or some some shit?

Part of me wants to stop allowing cumshows in free chat, and only do them in group shows, BUT I'm not super conventionally pretty or anything and I don't think anybody will end up actually getting a show with me (also, how much do you earn during shows? i have not done one yet, because this is something that concerns me also. if they are like 50 cents per minute or some shit, then HELL NO. or are you able to set the price yourself?)

I thought about creating a tip menu to keep stuff interesting, kinda like they do on MFC, but i'm not on mfc though, i am on chaturbate (and have a STRONG preference to stay on chaturbate) and i am curious if making a tip menu on chaturbate will be worthwhile, like do people really USE tip menus on chaturbate? (sorry if my question is kinda dumb)

basically, what are some ideas i can use to spice up my shows, without giving too much away, but still keeping it sexy enough to attract people? something not too prudish but not too sexy? like, would playing games help? and what are some game ideas? isn't there a thread with game ideas on here somewhere, bc i coulda swore i saw once once but can't find it now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: I think I'm giving away too much...

143 tokens on mfc/cb?? That's $7 hun, less than some even charge for adding their friend list, less than minimum wage waiting tables!

If you don't want to do cumshows don't do them, or only do them when you feel like it. If you do want to do them then add them for a HIGH price on your tip menu. Read the chaturbate thread https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...turbate-thread Yes they do use tip menus, and there are apps/bots that will message your room every few mins to remind them what your tip menu is or what your offers of the day are etc, USE THEM!

Seriously, if you're going to charge so little, stop camming, go wait tables, because you're cheapening the customers!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: I think I'm giving away too much...

Wow! $7?? One thing I have learned while camming is that you don't have to do anything you dont want to do! There will still be someone who pays for you.

I've never worked Chaturbate nor any token site to be honest, it's not my bag but what about games? Can't you offer a lucky dip for however many $ or a pic set for $$ ? You don't have to be super pretty in this game, even if you just have a 'quirk' of some sort, find it and USE it! You can turn it around.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LolaLu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,710 Times in 3,321 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

This is a great thread to read through if you're struggling with your rates and could use some perspective on what it's like to work smarter and not harder.

Also this thread formerly known as Stop Being So Cheap is quite insightful as well https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...hould-I-Charge

I know that many of you guys are new around here, but please help us out and read the threads. I understand that many of them you probably don't even know exist, but when you find one that's relevant please start reading at the beginning. You'll find so much wisdom between the first post and the last, I swear it.

Ways To Stall And Make More Money https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...ake-More-Money

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

^Exactly!

I know some of the threads are extremely long but they are always worth the time to read them from page one to the end. Add them to your subscriptions for you to be able to find later and you'll be able to continue reading them.

There is such gold in all of the threads here on SW so don't be so quick to skim/jump through them or you'll miss out.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SexxiLexxi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

After watching LOA vids I've been positive as fuck. I finally have the courage to be my 100% COMPLETE SELF, and I no longer give a fuck about being all things to all people. Fuck THAT!!

Can I have feedback on my new profile and tips menu, guys? https://chaturbate.com/p/nillanaughty/ I think it's a DRASTIC improvement compared to what I was charging before, but if it's a bit TOO real for somebody who's only been camming for a few days, let me know. My twitter is now greedy as shit, too. Like fuck, I have no chill... and I LIKE IT, it feels so fucking good to be honest as shit. Dayum.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Hey good on you for taking the constructive criticism. I like your new profile. I can't profess to be a CB expert as I don't work there (only mfc) but I wish you well. Keep knowing your worth, no matter how guys seem to push or how much you actually *need* money x

33. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    Hey good on you for taking the constructive criticism. I like your new profile. I can't profess to be a CB expert as I don't work there (only mfc) but I wish you well. Keep knowing your worth, no matter how guys seem to push or how much you actually *need* money x
    thank you sooo much

Thanks

I raised my rates and now I reach my goals faster plus no one complains.

It's so funny everyone was complaining when I was charging less that I was charging too much lol

raising rates on sm was a very good decision.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kendallkushxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,773 Times in 987 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by nillanaughty View Post
    After watching LOA vids I've been positive as fuck. I finally have the courage to be my 100% COMPLETE SELF, and I no longer give a fuck about being all things to all people. Fuck THAT!!

Can I have feedback on my new profile and tips menu, guys? https://chaturbate.com/p/nillanaughty/ I think it's a DRASTIC improvement compared to what I was charging before, but if it's a bit TOO real for somebody who's only been camming for a few days, let me know. My twitter is now greedy as shit, too. Like fuck, I have no chill... and I LIKE IT, it feels so fucking good to be honest as shit. Dayum.
    I think it will pull in the kind of guys you are after. When you choose for something, go all in, and I see your doing that so that is awesome. With the fetish you have chosen to go after, you have to play the game hardcore... if not they wont bite, so you are doing awesome. You will noticed quickly enough if it is the clientele that you attract or not, when you do you can always play it up even bigger ( as in you dont have to explain why you want certain tips for certain things).
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

OVERALL Process Money 24 jan - 21 june (Update: 5 march)

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,958 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

It's soooooo fucking dead on Streamate lately so I'm raising my rates to make up for the lack of shows I'm getting. If they aren't going to buy shows when my rates are lower then fuck 'em, they can now pay a higher rate again if they want to see my show. I tried to be nice. No more Mrs. Nice girl.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast