Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,114 Times in 4,219 Posts

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by keela View Post
    I've only been on ImLive for a couple weeks now, but decided to raise my rates anyhow. I don't think you can raise it above $5.80 though. I just went up to $3.80. I've only cammed for a couple mos anyhow. I use MGF a little, tried Xpeeps (hated it; what a bunch of cheepskates!), and still have a contract from the two sessions me and my boyfriend did with SM through a "studio" which I've heard isn't even allowed to be mentioned on here. I'm liking ImLive, though now I'm seeing the rates you girls are charging and am just wondering how far I can really take it with this site if I can't push the high limits like you girls are. I don't know if you girls are in top notch shape, charging $9-14/min. I gained some weight since I was in my best shape, but I still look good and my boobs are now DD's, so I have a dif group of guys loving me. Thanks for the suggestion, I can't believe it's working so well for everyone. Hi 5 ladies!
    I'm not a young thin goddess type and I've successfully upped my price.

ImLive is a different story to me tho.

5.80 is the most that anyone can charge there and although it used to be way better I find that the traffic has died down quite a bit at any price. I get very few shows there at 5.80. I rarely turn the site on any more. It's okay for a bit extra I guess but I could never pay my bills with such a low traffic site.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 917 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Hello ladies, i wish to know what camgirls that are NOT in US, Canada, UK & Australia use to charge on SM for example pls? I wish to know how performers out of these areas manage work, i must say it's difficult to charge high when people are not willing to pay a model they know they'll never meet, we all know this fantasy is always in their minds when deciding to private with us. Plus when u are an "outsider" is more difficult to build a connection with people that have different life style than u. I can put up a good show but i just cant build a connection with members actually, is more difficult when u cant talk ur mother language, even my english is good i still have a foreign accent and i find myself very hurt when people want me to talk to them and when they hear my accent they leave my freechat room and even private room. I live in western europe but not from here originally. It's frustrating, i feel members just mistreat me cause of location/ nationality. Thank u for input xxx

Thanks
    Thanked 4,907 Times in 1,428 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by AliceFun View Post
    Hello ladies, i wish to know what camgirls that are NOT in US, Canada, UK & Australia use to charge on SM for example pls? I wish to know how performers out of these areas manage work, i must say it's difficult to charge high when people are not willing to pay a model they know they'll never meet, we all know this fantasy is always in their minds when deciding to private with us. Plus when u are an "outsider" is more difficult to build a connection with people that have different life style than u. I can put up a good show but i just cant build a connection with members actually, is more difficult when u cant talk ur mother language, even my english is good i still have a foreign accent and i find myself very hurt when people want me to talk to them and when they hear my accent they leave my freechat room and even private room. I live in western europe but not from here originally. It's frustrating, i feel members just mistreat me cause of location/ nationality. Thank u for input xxx
    I have an accent.
    What kind of accent?
    Sexy, hot, interesting, cool, awesome!
    Who says so?
    I say so and thats enough.

Everybody and their mom have an accent on this planet.
    Do not let that stop you from charging what others charge..

If you can speak somewhat then speak.

Dear President of the United States of America,
    this is the President of (whatever non english speaking country) France speaking.
    I am so sorry, I can not attend that important meeting about world peace because I have an accent.
    So go ahead and decide whatever you want, without me..
    Oh and on the topic of energy and nuclear power
    Soorrryy , I cant attend.
    I have an accent.....

LOL
    Come on now......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Fridays, it's not about the accent only, no need to be sarcastic, i am seeking support and answers, my post is alot more detailed, i cam since 12 years and experienced alot of situations where members were not that much into me cause of location/ me being a foreigner, this is hurting my income, always did, together with other insecurities regarding appearance; here in this thread is a post of a russian girl telling she cant ask for more than $1.99/min cause people are not willing to pay seeing where she comes from. these are valid points to camgirls who try to be successful but are not that lucky to live in one of these countries listed in my original post. Have peace. I hope someone who go thru this situation will give some input, thank u!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AliceFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,561 Times in 531 Posts

It's true, that we, who look foreign ( i look Russian) and have accent, though i speak it fluently and live in the states are disadvantaged. I experienced it on my skin several times. I would not charge less than 3 99 on sm though, this is a decent price over there. I would feel ashamed charging less, and it would make members think, why the heck i'm so cheap, something must be wrong with me. So not only the accent and looks can give you disadvantage, but the low price you are charging might look bad on you, so don't add this on top of all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Busygirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Fridays, it's not about the accent only, no need to be sarcastic, i am seeking support and answers, my post is alot more detailed, i cam since 12 years and experienced alot of situations where members were not that much into me cause of location/ me being a foreigner, this is hurting my income, always did, together with other insecurities regarding appearance; here in this thread is a post of a russian girl telling she cant ask for more than $1.99/min cause people are not willing to pay seeing where she comes from. these are valid points to camgirls who try to be successful but are not that lucky to live in one of these countries listed in my original post. Have peace. I hope someone who go thru this situation will give some input, thank u!
    I was going to write a long post but I can feel that you choose to see the negative part instead of the positive one.
    what about just raise the price to 4.99/6.99 and stop being insecure about everything......
    Sometimes the only way is just to... do it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 365 Posts

I don't think Fridays is being sarcastic at all. I think she's trying to show you that you can be successful with an accent etc. I love accents, I swear my Irish ex husbands accent is what got me pregnant!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by GracieBlue View Post
    I swear my Irish ex husbands accent is what got me pregnant!
    Im a sucker for accents too!!!
    I love the Portuguese accent... omg...
    I;d give 100% free shows to 1000 Portuguese men.. anyday !LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    I was going to write a long post but I can feel that you choose to see the negative part instead of the positive one.
    what about just raise the price to 4.99/6.99 and stop being insecure about everything......
    Sometimes the only way is just to... do it!
    yes! yes!

I had an argument in my head too about why I couldn't charge more - blah blah blah but I read through all the posts in this thread and said to myself I'm going to go for it, try it for a week and see what the totals are.

I've already made more money this week than ALL of last week.

and it's only Tuesday!

and Tuesday is not even over!

Just try it!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Busygirl View Post
    It's true, that we, who look foreign ( i look Russian) and have accent..... are disadvantaged..
    I know a TON and a half of foreign models who BANK all over the place and they are not in the US/UK...
    So it is NOT true.

Dont get me started on this........ lool

Thanks

I don't think Fridays is being sarcastic at all. I think she's trying to show you that you can be successful with an accent etc. I love accents, I swear my Irish ex husbands accent is what got me pregnant!
    hahh ! for sure.

If accents are a problem then I wouldn't ever sell a show. I have the worst southern drawl ever.

Yes some southern accents are amazingly sexy, but I don't think mine sounds sexy - I think it makes me sound like an ignorant person with no education, but some guys love to hear me talk.

there are guys out there who will absolutely love your accent, no matter what it is.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's great to hear Laurie! I raised mine too but have not been as busy. I'm going to stat strong and stick with it. I'm wondering if I am putting out a negative vibe or something. I need to change my attitude because I know I'm worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    yes! yes!

I had an argument in my head too about why I couldn't charge more - blah blah blah but I read through all the posts in this thread and said to myself I'm going to go for it, try it for a week and see what the totals are.

I've already made more money this week than ALL of last week.

and it's only Tuesday!

and Tuesday is not even over!

Just try it!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 245 Posts

Yup. 100% agree with Fridays...
    Being from an Eastern European country and/or having an accent shouldn't disadvantage you when it comes to $$$, I think the majority of these guys know you will never meet them so location/them not being close to you really shouldn't be a factor. If YOU believe you are at a disadvantage because of it and let that weigh on you, then it will become one, and you'll believe that's why.... when it really isn't.. Really. Milk that euro girl thing, the guys dig it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I WISH I was eastern european because the girls from over there are unfairly gorgeous, there's something in the water I tell ya....

But yeah, if you don't believe me, go spend some time on MFC, a HUGE majority of the top earning girls with crazy high camscores who rape wallets day in and day out and often win Miss MFC (or are always in the top 20) are from Russia and Romania.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peachesxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peachesxo View Post
    Yup. 100% agree with Fridays...
    go spend some time on MFC, a HUGE majority of the top earning girls with crazy high camscores who rape wallets day in and day out and often win Miss MFC (or are always in the top 20) are from Russia and Romania.
    SOOOOO True!! And they BANK!!!!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetgapeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    hahh ! for sure.

If accents are a problem then I wouldn't ever sell a show. I have the worst southern drawl ever.

Yes some southern accents are amazingly sexy, but I don't think mine sounds sexy - I think it makes me sound like an ignorant person with no education, but some guys love to hear me talk.

there are guys out there who will absolutely love your accent, no matter what it is.
    Isn't it interesting that some accents can make you sound intelligent and other make you sound like you're missing a cerebral hemisphere, even if you say the EXACT SAME THING? I saw this Oatmeal cartoon on the topic one time and died laughing... it's like the guy drew my thoughts. :-)

accents1.png

accents2.png
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
    What I DO have issues with, is that this was a couple of years ago And Judas is still in the freezer.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jessica1001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I am originally from Easter Europe, even if I have been in the states for over 10 years, I still have an accent... And I use it to my advantage... I am not a hot, skinny 19 year old (Oh God I wish I was!!!) and I do OK. So it has nothing to do with where you from or what your accent is- it is all about you, your attitude and willingness to do well... just my 2 cents...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladyjalyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Thank you all sexy ladies for input, looks like i cant figure out what is wrong here, i think i am really burnt out from camming, i am tired of all insults i am getting on a daily basis, i think i am too sensitive for this line of work but i have to do it to keep a roof over my and son head, i am a single mom here & i really struggle camming, i cant get another job cause i wont make the needed money to pay my bills and food and all expenses. Obviously something does not work right for me otherwise i would be more successful, this is affecting me alot.
    Few lines people come up with in my room: "are u a man?", "u have Down syndrome?", "omfg, u look like this and u charge these money per min?" (means $3.99), "wow your from the 1970's and your really a man?", "i'm outta here, nothing like in the pictures", "ur fat & soo damn ugly", "u from europe & expect to be paid that price per min?", "u'll not make anything here", "if u'll look better i would pay u a pvt", "u not even sexy", "u a disgrace on this site, u should go get a real job", "u not even native english speaker, u not worth the money u asking for", "why should i give u my hard earned money so u can live nice off it, i better pay somebody from my country, we wanna keep the dollars inside this country, dont wanna feed poors aboard" and i could continue over and over.
    There is a saying of somebody famous (approximately)-> "Wear somebody elses shoes one day and u'll feel what it means to live that person life". Have peace!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

"are u a man?", "u have Down syndrome?", "omfg, u look like this and u charge these money per min?" (means $3.99), "wow your from the 1970's and your really a man?", "i'm outta here, nothing like in the pictures", "ur fat & soo damn ugly", "u from europe & expect to be paid that price per min?", "u'll not make anything here", "if u'll look better i would pay u a pvt", "u not even sexy", "u a disgrace on this site, u should go get a real job", "u not even native english speaker, u not worth the money u asking for", "why should i give u my hard earned money so u can live nice off it, i better pay somebody from my country, we wanna keep the dollars inside this country, dont wanna feed poors aboard"
    There is a saying of somebody famous (approximately)-> "Wear somebody elses shoes one day and u'll feel what it means to live that person life". Have peace!
    Sorry this is happening to you.. but truth is it is happening to all of us, me included..
    its hard to think you can do better when you are constantly bombarded with insults.
    You need to take a step back and understand that for you it might be harder than for others.
    But that doesnt mean anything.
    We are capable of doing things we dont even imagine..
    Mainly because we dont imagine them.......
    Imagine you are strong and can deal with EVERYTHING that comes your away.
    Always and forever.
    Dont think anything BUT this.
    And you will be just fine.........

Thanks
    Thanked 3,014 Times in 951 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

A guy came in and tried to take me down by asking me all stupid questions like were my parents divorced, was I sexually abused as a kid, what kind of illness that made me mute, and etc... all that just made me laugh because he himself might have something he isnt proud of and just wanted to make himself feel better by take down someone else like that. that or he was just plain fucktard like other people in my room said. Others were surprised at my reactions and backed me up.

Internet has ALWAYS and ALWAYS WILL have plenty of fucktards.. just ignore them and ban them with a chuckle.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These last couple of posts are reason enough for us girls/guys to raise our rates. We put up with a lot of shit as camgirls. I googled my cam name last night and sure enough there I was streaming. Now, I have my state geoblocked, I should not have been able to see myself. The site I saw myself streaming on was one of SM white label sites. I realized last night that this is a risky job and we should be payed well for it, IMO.

Disclaimer: I have never been able to find myself on SM. I opened a different browser and was not logged in to SM on this one. I was logged into SM on my normal browser. Maybe I'm missing something but it was interesting to see myself streaming versus just watching the encoder. I could see my whole chat room from the viewers perspective. I thought damn I need to step up my game! You cannot just log on and expect to make easy money. This is work bbs! I am actually glad I saw myself, what an eye opener!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,252 Times in 1,351 Posts

These last couple of posts are reason enough for us girls/guys to raise our rates. We put up with a lot of shit as camgirls.
    ^ Fuckin' A.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think guys are not willing to pay foreigner girls higher rates because they GOT USED to pay them very little, I've seen girls from eastern europe, russia, south america charing ridiculous rates because life there is cheaper than europe or USA, and that is what hurt our business, especially girls living in europe since we are losing a lot on currency excharge.
    btw I don't want to attack anyone, I am just stating the facts
    NB: I have an accent and guys love it

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naughtycamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,776 Times in 1,506 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by naughtycamgirl View Post
    I think guys are not willing to pay foreigner girls higher rates because they GOT USED to pay them very little, I've seen girls from eastern europe, russia, south america charing ridiculous rates because life there is cheaper than europe or USA, and that is what hurt our business, especially girls living in europe since we are losing a lot on currency excharge.
    btw I don't want to attack anyone, I am just stating the facts
    NB: I have an accent and guys love it
    Agreed. I don't think we should give foreign girls so much crap. $1.99 to them may be like $5.99 to us. So they may not even realize they are hurting USA models. I'd totally encourage them to charge more, but I don't speak Russian, so, lol.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to HaydenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 215 Posts

This is what I don't understand for the life of me! I know I wrote about this in this thread or the other raise your rates thread, but: if you can live comfortably on, say $300 per month, charging $0,99 per minute, why not charge more, make more, and live in luxury? Why are we content with the bare minimum? Why are we saying that this is good enough for us? This is so degrading! I'm only an EE girl so I'm not worth as much as someone from the US? Why not?
    Remember this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXpaBQnBvE

On the subject of accents and not being from the UK, US or Canada, I bank on my accent! On C4S my best selling clips are the ones that I only talk in, I don't do anything, just talk. And I have this terrible accent. I don't like it, but the guys go crazy for it! Well, I'm learning to love it And guys aren't that perceptive when they are horny, in front of a computer. I've been told I must be from the US, and I've been told I have a sexy British accent. Yes, both! No, I don't have either of these, but thanks anyway! Confidence, girls! It's crucial in this job!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ClaudiaReina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by HaydenBlue View Post
    Agreed. I don't think we should give foreign girls so much crap. $1.99 to them may be like $5.99 to us. So they may not even realize they are hurting USA models. I'd totally encourage them to charge more, but I don't speak Russian, so, lol.
    You are 100% right. In Russia, for example, average salary is about $700 a month, this include all millionairess and such. So if a regular household earn $500 a month it is a good income... Here is why a lot of easter europian girls are cheap in our eyes, but they are banking and living very well by making $200 a week... So for them $1.99/min is a good deal...

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladyjalyn For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast