Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1636

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,965 Times in 1,769 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    I realise I've never been able to attract nor keep skype regulars. In almost 10 years of camming. That bad I suck at Indy )))))
    I switched to primarily indie a few years ago after ending up with some chronic health issues and haven't looked back. It's less stressful for me and I try to keep somewhat regular hours on a bunch of different sites. It's not easier than live stream style camming by any means and has its own unique struggles, but it has definitely reduced the amount of anxiety I have about going to work for some reason and overall I've made more yearly. desperately been trying to get back into more live streaming on a consistent schedule, but having to be my cam personality for hours at a time when I'm online instead of 10 minutes here and an hour there drains me so much faster and as a result i end up working fewer hours/making less. it took some doing to build up an indie following, but it definitely can be done!
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,587 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    I switched to primarily indie a few years ago after ending up with some chronic health issues and haven't looked back. It's less stressful for me and I try to keep somewhat regular hours on a bunch of different sites. It's not easier than live stream style camming by any means and has its own unique struggles, but it has definitely reduced the amount of anxiety I have about going to work for some reason and overall I've made more yearly. desperately been trying to get back into more live streaming on a consistent schedule, but having to be my cam personality for hours at a time when I'm online instead of 10 minutes here and an hour there drains me so much faster and as a result i end up working fewer hours/making less. it took some doing to build up an indie following, but it definitely can be done!
    Well, what you're saying, is what I am aiming for. I am tired and burned out of camming and I'd give anything to be able to succeed as an indie performer. I just drag myself every day to go on cam. I rather film clips or do any kind of offline work... ugh...
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,825 Times in 3,006 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    Just raised SM rates from $7.99 pvt & $8.99 excl to $8.99 pvt & $9.99 excl since I have an incredibly new system. The stream quality is outstanding and I think the rates are fair for the quality.

Let's see how this week goes. I'm aiming for $1k+ so this will be interesting.
    Yup, men WILL pay $9.99 a min for EXCL and tip on top of it.

This is all exclusives today with my new rate. Raise them ladies. Raise them high.

Screenshot (13).png
    Sha

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 593 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Raised my rates from 5.99/6.99 to 6.99/7.99. Been meaning to do this for a bit, but put it off

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,825 Times in 3,006 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Not only did I raise my pvt and excl rates, but I raised my GOLD menu prices and men are paying them plus regs are paying the new excl rate no problem:

Screenshot (17).png

Raise your rates ladies. The men who pay a higher rate are better quality members. I don't have to deal with so much bullshit.
    Sha

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    Not only did I raise my pvt and excl rates, but I raised my GOLD menu prices and men are paying them plus regs are paying the new excl rate no problem:

Raise your rates ladies. The men who pay a higher rate are better quality members. I don't have to deal with so much bullshit.
    I just tried this last night; I raised my tit flash from $15 to $20 (because hey, my boobs are amazing!) and dudes were paying for it all the same. I also got rid of the stand up option I had for $10 because dudes asking me to stand up never seem to want to pay for anything and replaced it with a bj tease for $60, but no takers for that so far.

I have had guys complain about my rates which I guess are higher than many girls (9.99/11.99), but I also had guys complaining at 7.99/8.99. I give no fucks tho, my attitude is that I'm expensive, and I'm never going to cater cheap guys!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clio For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

on SM how can girls do gold shows for 4 or 5 gold buy in... yet charge $8 or more per min for private/exclusive.
    i am a bit worried gold shows might cheapen my image, cause me to receive less privates...
    yet a lot of top girls run gold shows and charge high per min prices..
    am i missing something here?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    on SM how can girls do gold shows for 4 or 5 gold buy in... yet charge $8 or more per min for private/exclusive.
    i am a bit worried gold shows might cheapen my image, cause me to receive less privates...

Yeah I haven’t done the gold shows yet? I have lots of fun ideas. I’ll probably start with a shower show and see how it goes. I’d like to do gold shows for actual shows.
    Like maybe naughty nurse, office slut, etc. like themes sets.

i raised my rates to the highest I could without e-mailing support. Clients didn’t complain. I think they figured I’d raise my rates in time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm not an expert here, because I'm new and have only attempted a gold show twice (first one totally flopped, second attempt exceeded expectations), but I think many girls try for gold shows when their room is relatively dead. It brings customers into your room who may or may not stay and spend after. What I did was set a 10 min countdown for a 6 min show for $6. I would start the show at $100 for a sexy striptease and at $200 offer penetration/bj. My rates are 9.99/11.99, so if I made it to $100 for 16 minutes, that would be slightly cheaper than my rate, but if I make it to $200 for 16 minutes, that would be slightly above what my rate would bring in for that amount of time.

I think that most guys who look for gold shows don't want to spend much, so they probably weren't going to get a show at my rates anyway. Offering gold shows is a way of getting *something* from the cheaper guys. Also, some guys just like the group show atmosphere and will tip in way above the minimum, so it's not like all the guys who are into gold shows are cheap.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clio For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clio View Post
    I'm not an expert here, because I'm new and have only attempted a gold show twice (first one totally flopped, second attempt exceeded expectations), but I think many girls try for gold shows when their room is relatively dead. It brings customers into your room who may or may not stay and spend after. What I did was set a 10 min countdown for a 6 min show for $6. I would start the show at $100 for a sexy striptease and at $200 offer penetration/bj. My rates are 9.99/11.99, so if I made it to $100 for 16 minutes, that would be slightly cheaper than my rate, but if I make it to $200 for 16 minutes, that would be slightly above what my rate would bring in for that amount of time.

I think that most guys who look for gold shows don't want to spend much, so they probably weren't going to get a show at my rates anyway. Offering gold shows is a way of getting *something* from the cheaper guys. Also, some guys just like the group show atmosphere and will tip in way above the minimum, so it's not like all the guys who are into gold shows are cheap.
    yes that makes sense.. but what about regular clients who do shows and pay your normal rate.. and then all of the sudden realize they can just do a gold show with you for $4 instead of $80
    also when people give away videos.. when some people already paid full price for the video and then all of the sudden you are giving them away?
    you know what i mean?
    idk maybe guys dont really care.. or do not read that far into things.. but id be pissed
    if i spent $15 on a vid.. then suddenly its free with a gold show... or in a bundle...

or if i spent $$ for private chat, then suddenly its $4 for a gold show.

maybe ill try it out sometime.. just do not want to loose my customer base who are willing to pay
    i already have too many people lately going private chat instead of exclusive and expecting the same show.. some how..
    but then again my price is not where near $9.99 a min so maybe they wouldnt even care.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

yes that makes sense.. but what about regular clients who do shows and pay your normal rate.. and then all of the sudden realize they can just do a gold show with you for $4 instead of $80
    I've found that the customers who are willing to buy 1 on 1 shows do so for a reason. They are paying for our undivided attention and something just for them.
    Some guys don't want/can't afford a personalized show and opt for whatever is being offered that strikes their fancy and fits their budget. another thing: Some guys have the "try before you buy" mentality. They want to see a bit of what you can do before paying the higher price for something that actually suits their wants/needs. I have had many guys immediately take me exclusive after a show because they either want more or want something i wasn't offering in the gold show.

If you're having issues with guys expecting an exclusive show when paying for a private, I recommend putting what you do in each in your room topic as well as on your profile. If a guy takes you private and asks for something you only do in exclusive, flat out tell them it's something you only do in exclusive and, if its just you two, tell them you'd be more than happy to go exclusive immediately. usually guys switch over and rarely have I had complaints.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    I've found that the customers who are willing to buy 1 on 1 shows do so for a reason. They are paying for our undivided attention and something just for them.
    Some guys don't want/can't afford a personalized show and opt for whatever is being offered that strikes their fancy and fits their budget. another thing: Some guys have the "try before you buy" mentality. They want to see a bit of what you can do before paying the higher price for something that actually suits their wants/needs. I have had many guys immediately take me exclusive after a show because they either want more or want something i wasn't offering in the gold show.

If you're having issues with guys expecting an exclusive show when paying for a private, I recommend putting what you do in each in your room topic as well as on your profile. If a guy takes you private and asks for something you only do in exclusive, flat out tell them it's something you only do in exclusive and, if its just you two, tell them you'd be more than happy to go exclusive immediately. usually guys switch over and rarely have I had complaints.

that is amazing advice. i am shocked to hear that they would switch over.. i always assumed they would leave. so i usually just push for tips for requests. unless its a fetish

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've recently signed up for an indie camming site.. Is there anyone who charges high rates on SM and charges the same rate or similar on indie? I've been having a peak through some of the profiles and the general rates seem to be around $4-5min.

My main reasons for wondering is because honestly, I don't really want my customers to google me or follow a link from Twitter, only to find me elsewhere a for a considerably cheaper rate. Plus, if I was in their shoes and I found the cam girl I'd been paying for, for however long, somewhere else advertising at pretty much half the price, I think I'd feel a bit ripped off? My rates on SM are 7.99-9.99.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by gbjenna View Post
    I've recently signed up for an indie camming site.. Is there anyone who charges high rates on SM and charges the same rate or similar on indie? I've been having a peak through some of the profiles and the general rates seem to be around $4-5min.

My main reasons for wondering is because honestly, I don't really want my customers to google me or follow a link from Twitter, only to find me elsewhere a for a considerably cheaper rate. Plus, if I was in their shoes and I found the cam girl I'd been paying for, for however long, somewhere else advertising at pretty much half the price, I think I'd feel a bit ripped off? My rates on SM are 7.99-9.99.
    I hope this makes sense, but i'll take a swing at it:
    I've tried both having similar rates on indie/live cam and charging more on live cam and less on indie sites. what I settled on was slightly lower rates on indie sites and slightly higher rates on live cam. the reason being, my take home percentage on live sites is far less than on indie sites. BUT (and this is a big but) I make sure my take home on indie sites per minute in dollars is actually higher than my take home on live cam per minute even at the lower rate & I have a minimum time block they must buy. Most guys who find my indie sites after using anther platform are happy for the dollar or so off per minute & still spend roughly the same as they would on a live cam site (they feel like they're getting a steal after being charged more on live sites) & I end up making more. at the same time the price point is still obtainable for the kind of indie clientele I cater to on listing sites (which is a major portion of my income), so in the end it's a win win all the way around!

I'm a numbers person, so bear with me: If you were charging $8 per minute for a 1on1 show via a live site but are taking home 35% and can't enforce a minimum time, you're guaranteed $2.80 per minute. So, basically you're clearing $28 for a 10 minute show (or $168 for a 1 hr long PPM show & if they dip out early or they buy a block at a discounted rate, you're potentially making even less). In contrast, if you charge $5.00 per minute on an indie site at 85% take home, you're making $3.82 per minute and able to enforce any time minimum you please. If you were to enforce a 10 minute minimum, that's $38.20 in your pocket, even if they leave after 5 minutes. That's $229.20 per hour of pre paid show purchases. Even at the $3 per minute discount, you're making $61.20 more per hour... and usually they buy more time (even though they're spending less) which just means more $ in your pocket
    How I felt writing the last paragraph:

Final thought: In the many years I've cammed on both PPM and indie sites, the only guy who has ever asked me about the price difference quickly became outraged when i told him what percentage the live cam site he found me on pays out & has been a die hard indie customer ever since.
    -Oscar Wilde

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,442 Times in 3,452 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

When i was on SM and charging 14.99/min i was still 4 on AW and $5 indie. So literally everywhere else was cheaper but SM guys stuck to sm and i never heard a peep about it. I often think if they pay such crazy rates on SM shy dont they elseshere? Why aren't models charging much higher indie rates, but meh that's just how it is.
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,079 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    When i was on SM and charging 14.99/min i was still 4 on AW and $5 indie. So literally everywhere else was cheaper but SM guys stuck to sm and i never heard a peep about it. I often think if they pay such crazy rates on SM shy dont they elseshere? Why aren't models charging much higher indie rates, but meh that's just how it is.
    I've always thought we should charge what we charge, no matter what our cut is.

Very few keep their rates high on indy and it's disappointing. I've had the same experience though - I very rarely get anyone from SM finding me on Skype sites, and even when they do they often still buy on Streamate instead. I guess they are too lazy to start up skype when they have a hard dick lol, who knows. They just want to click and be done.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,015 Times in 1,248 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I charge on indy what I charge for streamate exclusive shows, with succes (20 a min).
    I work through lcms and dont get random people though, or through lcms site... all my indy clients either find me through twitter or by googling my modelname , after bigbox shows (99% of my indycusties)
    I dont have tons of indy regs, but the ones i have are good paying ones

I actually only need 1 ( or 2 ) actively paying ones (active as as in multiple shows a week ) to outdo my streamate income easily.

Last edited by IvyRose; 07-24-2020 at 04:38 AM.
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Thank you so much for all your detailed responses! CaramelCraze - that's me everytime I work anything out number related, I get it haha so that all made sense!

I was really surprised at what people charge, I did honestly think I'd see people charging a lot more, particularly for some of the services they're offering. I've not had many customers come from SM or one site and look for me on other sites, but I have had a few here and there. I imagine most guys probably can't be arsed to sign up on another site though as you said Laurie, but I do have a couple of regs who do long exclusives with me where I get the impression slightly from chatting to them that they have to save up for it a bit, if I was in their shoes and realised I'd been paying a lot more than necessary, I don't think I'd feel great about it.

I did consider what you've said too Ivy, that even if I got less indie customers because I charge high ish rates, the ones I do have I'll earn considerably more for than any other one shows on SM. Plus my quality of service doesn't change just because I get a higher cut either.

I'm 100% going to stick with the same rates and see how it works out, thank you everyone! xo

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Oh and a add-on: i also charged 50% roughly of my sm prices on indy when i started out. My personal experience is, either at 50% or at 100%, the ones that will add you and pay indy will do at both rates

The ones willing to spend money, and the ones that are looking for that personal connection, or just looking to play witouth that annoying moneylimit (on sm), or thr ones that want you to have 85% instead of 30/35%... those are the ones that willingly paid the same price for skype.... aka the good custies
    (Another sidenote, i could prob gather more custiea on skype but had a hard year and hardly worked, year before too... so i had no freechat to pull new ones in for roughly 1.5 years now. Still skype saved my ass..... so charging the same price does not neccesarily mean only a handfull of skypecusties.... i just sucked at converting new ones, since i was not focussing on it)

I even had guys (ok they are mostly fetish sub guys) who asked me when i renewed my page and went double the price i was charging before on indy, if they could pay the ,new price too (which was a nice surprise bec i was honestly scared of having some sour faces)

Sometimes when a reg joins skype and asks for a indy discount, i can easily give him this , since they still pay high (if they would ask a 50% streamate rate i would not be so willing to do so... ) ... so in this case they feel happy and special, bec i give them a "discount"

Youll make it work!
    Just try and see what happens

Thank you so much for all your detailed responses! CaramelCraze - that's me everytime I work anything out number related, I get it haha so that all made sense!

I was really surprised at what people charge, I did honestly think I'd see people charging a lot more, particularly for some of the services they're offering. I've not had many customers come from SM or one site and look for me on other sites, but I have had a few here and there. I imagine most guys probably can't be arsed to sign up on another site though as you said Laurie, but I do have a couple of regs who do long exclusives with me where I get the impression slightly from chatting to them that they have to save up for it a bit, if I was in their shoes and realised I'd been paying a lot more than necessary, I don't think I'd feel great about it.

I did consider what you've said too Ivy, that even if I got less indie customers because I charge high ish rates, the ones I do have I'll earn considerably more for than any other one shows on SM. Plus my quality of service doesn't change just because I get a higher cut either.

I'm 100% going to stick with the same rates and see how it works out, thank you everyone! xo
    Last edited by IvyRose; 07-24-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Plus my quality of service doesn't change just because I get a higher cut either.
    Exactly!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRose View Post
    I charge on indy what I charge for streamate exclusive shows, with succes (20 a min).
    I work through lcms and dont get random people though, or through lcms site... all my indy clients either find me through twitter or by googling my modelname , after bigbox shows (99% of my indycusties)
    I dont have tons of indy regs, but the ones i have are good paying ones

I actually only need 1 ( or 2 ) actively paying ones (active as as in multiple shows a week ) to outdo my streamate income easily.
    Imagine what would happen if every single one of us matched our Streamate rates to Indy! If the majority of us did this it would be amazing!! I really need to raise my indy rates.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 439 Posts

I always raise my rate, then get worried after a 1-2 days. Then move it back down if it's slow. I stuck to it this time. Highest month I've had in 2 years. Went from 3.50/min to 3.99/min on one site. Then 2.99/min to 3.69/min on another. SUCCESS!

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SapphireXO For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, I'm a big chicken lol. I did raise my indy rates on all sites to 4.99 from 3.99 yesterday. Feels good to be at no less than 4.99 anywhere now.

What I really should do is match my Streamate exclusive rate which is 9.99 which I have no issues getting shows with at Streamate. (or at least $8 to match TruePrivate rates on MFC).

Why is it that guys have no problem paying that on Streamate but balk on Indy, ugh.... still trying to get my nerve up to raise to that. IvyRose you are an inspiration!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I upped my SkyPrivate to $9 and some manchild lost his mind. He had made a huge deal out of my cheaper rate of $4 so yeah, I knew he wasnt going to buy. I blocked him after chewing his cheap ass out. Go ahead and say it's too high for you but don't you dare insult me and call me names. What a peice of shit. $9 is cheaper than my SM price! Lol.

I found out self employment taxes are 15.3% and there is no way in hell I am looking at cock for $1 my cut. At my current income and US state tax, I will make 51% of my income. Yes, i will itemize and am looking for an accountant (help?). Now I see why so many girls take gift cards and cashapp but in reality finding a site that takes 75% of $10-$15 just makes more sense. I am sticking to it. ALL of my sites will be $10-$15 within a few weeks. I don't have a ton of regulars with the pandemic happening so i am not worried about "losing" any custies. Why do men think they should see a naked woman for free or pennies? I will never understand this entitlement to our bodies.

Also. . . I am new to camming since January. I charge $7/12 on SM and make 70+ hourly. I tripled my income after I asked for higher prices on SM, did so as soon new status was over. For those of you who balk at it. . . seriously, do it. I have less experience than most of you, dont do anal, small tits and I am rude or just plain ignore people. There is NO reason I make more than you except that I charge more. I am nervous to up my prices and I am waiting to finish my PH account and my white label site. As soon as they are done you can bet your ass I will add $2 to my SM prices.

My pricing model is simple: after taxes, how much do I want to get paid to see a cock?
    What is your least favorite type of show? How much do you want to get paid after taxes to do that type of show? Charge that much.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to everythingiscake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Well, I'm a big chicken lol. I did raise my indy rates on all sites to 4.99 from 3.99 yesterday. Feels good to be at no less than 4.99 anywhere now.

What I really should do is match my Streamate exclusive rate which is 9.99 which I have no issues getting shows with at Streamate. (or at least $8 to match TruePrivate rates on MFC).

Why is it that guys have no problem paying that on Streamate but balk on Indy, ugh.... still trying to get my nerve up to raise to that. IvyRose you are an inspiration!
    Aww thanks Laurie, tbh though all credit to sw and the girls; without this place i would have never gotten the inspiration and goals that i had after discovering sw

Sometimes it helps me , if i do a big moneyraise;
    ( i started out on 7$ a min, than went to 10, than shortly 15, and now current 20.... no in betweens)
    To fool myself a little bit. I try not to think to much about it.. i change it before my weekend off for example and get back to work with clear mind (i guess iam good in blocking this moneyfear/raise fear)

Also when doing it, it was mostly after taking vacation, or sick-period off... and, i mostly did it when i burned through a good whale (so i had only tiny custies left and no big reason for fear...... also i keep in mind that i can, if i want, leave the old custies on old price, so there is need to fear since they wont have to complain.... also i keep in mind that if i want, i can negotiate the price so still no problem)

I still have custies from 6 years back. Sometimes i notify them and keep them on old price. Sometimes i wait it out and see how they react

But i can add to this, its really a thrill to get that first new skype custie on the new price. . !
    Last edited by IvyRose; 07-30-2020 at 03:52 AM.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post: