Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1636

Thread: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,015 Times in 1,248 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Angry Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by everythingiscake View Post
    I upped my SkyPrivate to $9 and some manchild lost his mind. He had made a huge deal out of my cheaper rate of $4 so yeah, I knew he wasnt going to buy. I blocked him after chewing his cheap ass out. Go ahead and say it's too high for you but don't you dare insult me and call me names. What a peice of shit. $9 is cheaper than my SM price! Lol.

I found out self employment taxes are 15.3% and there is no way in hell I am looking at cock for $1 my cut. At my current income and US state tax, I will make 51% of my income. Yes, i will itemize and am looking for an accountant (help?). Now I see why so many girls take gift cards and cashapp but in reality finding a site that takes 75% of $10-$15 just makes more sense. I am sticking to it. ALL of my sites will be $10-$15 within a few weeks. I don't have a ton of regulars with the pandemic happening so i am not worried about "losing" any custies. Why do men think they should see a naked woman for free or pennies? I will never understand this entitlement to our bodies.

Also. . . I am new to camming since January. I charge $7/12 on SM and make 70+ hourly. I tripled my income after I asked for higher prices on SM, did so as soon new status was over. For those of you who balk at it. . . seriously, do it. I have less experience than most of you, dont do anal, small tits and I am rude or just plain ignore people. There is NO reason I make more than you except that I charge more. I am nervous to up my prices and I am waiting to finish my PH account and my white label site. As soon as they are done you can bet your ass I will add $2 to my SM prices.

My pricing model is simple: after taxes, how much do I want to get paid to see a cock?
    What is your least favorite type of show? How much do you want to get paid after taxes to do that type of show? Charge that much.
    Male entitlement ughhhh .... well i guess good riddance

Yes to all of the rest!!!

Also sidenote to my own previews post

Skype is not my only source of income, if it would be i would be prob to scared to do those insane price raises, and clearing mind def wont work. I think having more sites to work on makes it easier to be ballsy (if one fails, or takes time to develop you will still have the other income sources)

I started out skype bec a really good reg from big box begged me too. He waa a high spender and wanted me to keep more $. He also encouraged me to do a high price on skype from the start (almost same as sm back than)... I never thought i would get more custies than that original one, but i did.
    I hated skyping at first and didnt really gave a damn about getting more custies
    Thats how it started, and for past 1.5/2 year it has been my highest income source
    Last edited by IvyRose; 07-30-2020 at 01:27 AM.
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Raise Your Rates - Challenge!

I upped my SkyPrivate to $9 and some manchild lost his mind. He had made a huge deal out of my cheaper rate of $4 so yeah, I knew he wasnt going to buy. I blocked him after chewing his cheap ass out. Go ahead and say it's too high for you but don't you dare insult me and call me names. What a peice of shit. $9 is cheaper than my SM price! Lol.

I found out self employment taxes are 15.3% and there is no way in hell I am looking at cock for $1 my cut. At my current income and US state tax, I will make 51% of my income. Yes, i will itemize and am looking for an accountant (help?). Now I see why so many girls take gift cards and cashapp but in reality finding a site that takes 75% of $10-$15 just makes more sense. I am sticking to it. ALL of my sites will be $10-$15 within a few weeks. I don't have a ton of regulars with the pandemic happening so i am not worried about "losing" any custies. Why do men think they should see a naked woman for free or pennies? I will never understand this entitlement to our bodies.

Also. . . I am new to camming since January. I charge $7/12 on SM and make 70+ hourly. I tripled my income after I asked for higher prices on SM, did so as soon new status was over. For those of you who balk at it. . . seriously, do it. I have less experience than most of you, dont do anal, small tits and I am rude or just plain ignore people. There is NO reason I make more than you except that I charge more. I am nervous to up my prices and I am waiting to finish my PH account and my white label site. As soon as they are done you can bet your ass I will add $2 to my SM prices.

My pricing model is simple: after taxes, how much do I want to get paid to see a cock?
    What is your least favorite type of show? How much do you want to get paid after taxes to do that type of show? Charge that much.
    you are a boss lady. you do whatever the fuck you want with your rates. its his loss thats why he was so upset. because it shows that he actually. CARED.
    so trust me its his loss. if he didnt care he would have just clicked on to someone else instead. but no.. he HAD to say something and throw a man fit. so this shows it is literally his loss.
    therefore it shows that you are def worth that and more for someone to be come so "passionate" about your rates, when he could have just moved on without saying 1 word.

oh and as for seeing cocks. yeah fuck that. for me all of these "men" are just literally a user name.
    ive never seen a single cock on cam making 70 plus an hour.
    i accidentally forgot to reject the c2c a few days ago first time EVER. i instantly turned the whole computer off and restarted it. i dont want to see their stupid cocks. not even for 1 second.

i just pretend its not working on SM. they fall for it. and those who dont give up with the c2c .. waste time with their cam, thinking the error is on their end. that its "not working". and then eventually give up.. usually $10 into a show where i have literally not taken off 1 piece of clothing.. and i always get repeat clients and good reviews. or often they just do the show without c2c. and often they even think its working . lol never had a single complaint or 1 star.
    so you can always consider not doing c2c if you dont want to, so much so , you dont even need to tell them that its not working that you dont do audio.
    do whatever you feel comfortable with . and at the prices that you want.
    you said you just started in January? you are wayyy ahead of the curve. good for you!!!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    you are a boss lady. you do whatever the fuck you want with your rates. its his loss thats why he was so upset. because it shows that he actually. CARED.
    so trust me its his loss. if he didnt care he would have just clicked on to someone else instead. but no.. he HAD to say something and throw a man fit. so this shows it is literally his loss.
    therefore it shows that you are def worth that and more for someone to be come so "passionate" about your rates, when he could have just moved on without saying 1 word.

oh and as for seeing cocks. yeah fuck that. for me all of these "men" are just literally a user name.
    ive never seen a single cock on cam making 70 plus an hour.
    i accidentally forgot to reject the c2c a few days ago first time EVER. i instantly turned the whole computer off and restarted it. i dont want to see their stupid cocks. not even for 1 second.

i just pretend its not working on SM. they fall for it. and those who dont give up with the c2c .. waste time with their cam, thinking the error is on their end. that its "not working". and then eventually give up.. usually $10 into a show where i have literally not taken off 1 piece of clothing.. and i always get repeat clients and good reviews. or often they just do the show without c2c. and often they even think its working . lol never had a single complaint or 1 star.
    so you can always consider not doing c2c if you dont want to, so much so , you dont even need to tell them that its not working that you dont do audio.
    do whatever you feel comfortable with . and at the prices that you want.
    you said you just started in January? you are wayyy ahead of the curve. good for you!!!!!

Thank you for the validation! I am only ahead of the curve because of this forum and google. I read and read and read and ask questions. I watched cam rooms for years before trying. I am bisexual so it was enjoyable

I totally do the "its not working" thing when I am not in the mood for male BS. I do NOT allow anyone to turn their camera on before they get charged. With more new users on SM, popping in and showing a random girl your cock seems to be a thing. I have since stopped accepting exc from people who haven't even "entered" the free chat. 99% of immediate exclusives have been these idiots.
    Last edited by everythingiscake; 09-18-2020 at 08:46 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to everythingiscake For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Thank you for the validation! I am only ahead of the curve because of this forum and google. I read and read and read and ask questions. I watched cam rooms for years before trying. I am bisexual so it was enjoyable

I totally do the "its not working" thing when I am not in the mood for male BS. I do NOT allow anyone to turn their camera on before they get charged. With more new users on SM, popping in and showing a random girl your cock seems to be a thing. I have since stopped accepting exc from people who haven't even "enetered" the free chat. 99% of imjmediate exclusives have beeen these idiots.
    oh yes the ones who just instantly take you exclusive and pound on the c2c button right away for the 30 seconds for free.. lol
    i loves those ones..
    i just pretend that i am trying to get the c2c to work.
    i just pretent to be on my computer to "click the c2c"
    they usually try 3 times before they give up..
    by that point i have made $3 or $4 for literally pretending to click a button.
    they are trying to scam you with the c2c .. so i just scam them right back.

then i just block them using the link for this forum.

they never leave a star rating, they never say anything . so its just free money.
    i always take those "exclusives" unless my room is full or a reg is about to do a show.
    but when the room is empty or in between buyers.. its free money there.
    beat them at their own game. thats what i always say.
    that $4 will buy my starbucks hahaahahhaha

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 771 Posts

Now that I'm back on page one of SM with 5 stars again, I went up from $4.99/$6.99 to $5.99/$7.99 and will see how I do even though I dropped to the bottom for not being on much the past few weeks due to health issues.

Upped my NF cam listing to $3.49 but keeping CMD at $3 for now.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to izshadow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Oof, I started too low. Honestly, I intended to raise my rate before I started, but left it on the low one by accident, but it worked, kept my room full and got me lots of privates and exceeded my goal to the point that I raised it. I have only been back a few days and have been gaining regulars quickly, but today I worked way too hard am exhausted and only got 60% of my goal and I do not want to keep doing that and am pretty sure that happened cause my rate was too low cause I was getting privates and exclusives. I am going to raise my rates $1 each I think. Hopefully, someone sees this to answer my questions: $2.99/pvt and $3.99 exclusive too high? Too low? Average. Do I have room move up more without my regs freaking out? I have a few good ones, that like long shows and I would hate to lose them.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,442 Times in 3,452 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by EmPea View Post
    Oof, I started too low. Honestly, I intended to raise my rate before I started, but left it on the low one by accident, but it worked, kept my room full and got me lots of privates and exceeded my goal to the point that I raised it. I have only been back a few days and have been gaining regulars quickly, but today I worked way too hard am exhausted and only got 60% of my goal and I do not want to keep doing that and am pretty sure that happened cause my rate was too low cause I was getting privates and exclusives. I am going to raise my rates $1 each I think. Hopefully, someone sees this to answer my questions: $2.99/pvt and $3.99 exclusive too high? Too low? Average. Do I have room move up more without my regs freaking out? I have a few good ones, that like long shows and I would hate to lose them.
    For SM that would is super incredibly low. Most models charge 5.99+. Don't forget they take nearly all of that! You're walking away with literally pennies.
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Okay thank you I will definitely make adjustments accordingly. Honestly I would have started a lot higher except for my forgetfulness.and then I just kind of felt stuck cuz I was already working like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    For SM that would is super incredibly low. Most models charge 5.99+. Don't forget they take nearly all of that! You're walking away with literally pennies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

This article seems relevant here. The book mentioned looks interesting https://www.ynotcam.com/2020/09/17/l...-underearning/

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,079 Times in 4,211 Posts

This article seems relevant here. The book mentioned looks interesting https://www.ynotcam.com/2020/09/17/l...-underearning/
    OMG I didn't realize Lola Davina had a column - I'm reading through all of them, they are golden advice. Also didn't realize her new book is out!
    Its on kindle too, I'm getting it today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...api_tkin_p1_i0

I loved her first book so much.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 490 Posts

I’m as high as I can be on SM I’m ready to raise me rates. I e-mailed SM? I wish they’d just let us change it.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

21. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

The change doesn't take affect on it's own? That is the one thing I am not liking about this site. Every update is at a snails pace for the simplest things.

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Iím as high as I can be on SM Iím ready to raise me rates. I e-mailed SM? I wish theyíd just let us change it.

Thanks

I just bought all her books lol

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    OMG I didn't realize Lola Davina had a column - I'm reading through all of them, they are golden advice. Also didn't realize her new book is out!
    Its on kindle too, I'm getting it today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...api_tkin_p1_i0

I loved her first book so much.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to everythingiscake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Ok, so everyone, even BoylenModels advised me to raise my rate $4.99/$5.99 and now I am having the worst performing night I have since I started back. I don't want to drop my rate but I also don't want to be hella cheap. Plus the old rate was exhausting. I just saw a Black model charging $7.99, so these guys need to quit playing with me. If you have it for someone else you have it for me. However, getting only one exclusive in 2 hours, that was minute long cause his connection dropped sucked. Anyway, I guess I need a pep talk.

Thanks

Brave it out Em, you'll get there!! Every day is different, one shift isn't long enough to test out a rate. And stop comparing yourself to other model, we're all unique, we all take different amounts of time to hit the sweet spot rates wise. Give it time, give it patience. Smile even when they're making you feel crazy, block them but don't let the room see you're getting annoyed.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Ok, imma keep a stiff upper lip and hold out. I'm not really hurting for money. I tell ya, you gotta be braver than a Marine in this biz, lol. I'm gonna eat some dinner and finish out my shift strong.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Also, it is good sometimes to see what other people are charging. I also noticed that people with lower rates, closer to my old one had empty rooms.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPea For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had empty for 45 mins followed by a guy who took my in a 10min excl +$40 my cut in tips. It's a very unsteady night for me tonight x

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 1,228 Posts

I've raised by indie rates as Im cutting back on the amount I cam, so if they want it - they have to pay more for it! Means I need to raise my SM to as I like my take home to be the same across the board haha

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I know it's only been a couple of days, but it seems $4.99/$5.99 is scaring everyone off. Sitting in free is not fun. Also, working for $1.99/2.99 isn't either so I am still gonna raise it, but not as high as that. Kinda bummed that these guys are being so cheap with me, but I can't just sit there not getting any shows either. I'm not going to go lower than about $3/$4 though. Anything lower than that, and I am guaranteed to make $10/hr..and I might as well get a job at the point it would pay better.
    Last edited by EmPea; 09-19-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by EmPea View Post
    I know it's only been a couple of days, but it seems $4.99/$5.99 is scaring everyone off. Sitting in free is not fun. Also, working for $1.99/2.99 isn't either so I am still gonna raise it, but not as high as that. Kinda bummed that these guys are being so cheap with me, but I can't just sit there not getting any shows either. I'm not going to go lower than about $3/$4 though. Anything lower than that, and I am guaranteed to make $10/hr..and I might as well get a job at the point it would pay better.
    It's not scaring them off. The majority of models are higher than that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

No offense Suzie, and I don't want to seem like I am arguing or defensive, but why is my room dead now then when the only thing that has changed is my pricing? Totally dead, for two days for hours...from back-to-back sessions? This is a sincere question I want the answer to cause I would love for it to not be my new rates. All my regs came and bounced out. Not sarcasm or arguing, just in case my intent is lost in text.

And don't get me wrong, I would prefer to have longer sessions that are more spaced out, but I really don't want to be in free chat not making anything. Seriously, how long do I need to be sitting before I know this isn't working?

If you have any other suggestions, I am all ears, but it seems like $4.99/$5.99 was just too big a jump. I'll get there probably, but not right now. Plus my overhead isn't high at all so it's not like I need to make $1000/wk...$500 is fine for me in the beginning.

It's not scaring them off. The majority of models are higher than that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 367 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

You will lose most of your regs when you raise your prices. I’m not sure why no one mentions this. People do have budgets, but there are a variety of budgets. New people find you, it will be all good.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

In my other irl sw business--which I am fully retired from fyi--this didn't happen...I went up a whole $100 dollars and kept regs...I guess camming is different.

And yeah no one mentions that, I have read not the entire thread here, but many of the posts. People only brag about how they went ahead and paid or advised me that they wouldn't balk or just pay. Occasionally, they talk about a cheapo that they were glad left...No one say that all your regulars will bounce and you have to build a whole new group at a new level. There are also alot of posts from people saying higher rates didn't work for them and slowed down their biz. Also, in this business you can't grandfather people in if you like them and they don't have money for the new rate, and I used to do that with my irl regs too.

Thank you for that feedback. I will take that into consideration. May take tomorrow off to regroup. Nothing makes me feel shittier than spending hours in free chat staring at people pop in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    You will lose most of your regs when you raise your prices. Iím not sure why no one mentions this. People do have budgets, but there are a variety of budgets. New people find you, it will be all good.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmPea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 367 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I mean you won't lose them all. Some will come by less often, shorter shows, no shows only tips. The ride or dies will stay on as long as they can. The higher your rate is before the raise, the more wiggle room you have.

Where you started is not a reliable reg base (same with guys who only like new models), it is below market value and only attracts those who simply don't have a ton of money to spend or believe we are not worth money. But yeah they spend. From your posts it seems like you have a pretty good idea of how to hustle, you deserve to see a reward for that. Once you get a longer show at your new rate you won't miss those old regs. Total up your highest spender for the week and compare once the increase settles in.

I actually think that you made some good points about rate increases. There is a methodology to it and the answer to success is not just to charge the most...but your customer base at that rate isn't the one to judge that on.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast