Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice to newbies :)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,016 Times in 2,537 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Arrow Advice to newbies :)

My advice is, the basics:

- Learn how to hustle and give sensual lap dances. I keep reading on how newbies go for crotch grabbing thinking its the norm. Nooooo. Don't do this while lap dancing. Learn how to be a sexy seductress. TEASE. You can touch his arms, legs, chest, shoulders, back of his neck. NO crotch. If you have no idea how to lap dance, youtube has some videos where you can get an idea. Look on there, or google some videos. ETA - Or look into this thread... http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...l-Video-Thread

-Stage, you don't need to do pole tricks(unless you want to work in a club like King of Diamonds in Miami, just an example). Just learn how to sway your body in a sensual way to the music. Floor work is good too. Just make sure your body isn't greased up with body lotion/oil. Apply that stuff after you shower, preferrably water based body lotions only. Eye contact customers all the time....stage, floor, by the bar, every where. You get the drift.

-Dont break club rules. You can make money as a clean dancer. Use your brain & your looks.

- Don't get sloshed/fucked up. Also, hawk your drinks. Never leave your drink unattended. Speaking of...If you feel the NEED to get drunk/high to do this job, it's not for you. Your physical & mental health come first. You should be able to do this job sober.
    Last edited by Vyanka; 02-17-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte. View Post
    time with a stripper is a luxury purchase.
    "I donít need the approval of people who donít approve of me"- George Michael

https://m.theanimalrescuesite.greate...58307C.ctg-f?1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Advice to newbies :)

- Again, hustling...make hustle hut your bible and learn pretty much everything. Learn what to say, how to introduce yourself, mind fuck, & most importantly upsell. Hustle hard. I sound like Jay Z. Ha. Ask questions there. That's what the board is for. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some good books mentioned there as a must read. Do a search on it.
    ;-)

-DON'T REVEAL ANY PERSONAL INFO ABOUT YOURSELF. It's for your safety too. You are a made up fantasy character inside the club....who is sexy, flirty, mysterious and fun. Customers don't want to hear about your personal issues either, they are not there for that. DON'T ask them personal stuff like their relationships/SO, kids, work(unless he talks a lot about work). It's a buzz kill, & there goes your potential to make money. They're there to relax, forget about everyday bullshit, and have fun. Make them think you're having fun and that you are a good time.

- Don't forget this is a JOB, so treat it as so. It's not a regular pick up joint/bar.

-Don't sit for too long with a customer who isn't spending. EVER. YOUR time is YOUR MONEY. The most time you should spend to make a sale, probably 2 songs max. If not, on to the next guy. If he wants you to hang out and chat, tell him he must comepensate you for your time(pay for each song... or you can tell him to pay you a certain amount for the hour/half hour. Depending how long he's gonna stay/you make him stay).
    Now if you work in one of these clubs where you make most of your money in VIP rooms & not so much on the floor, that's exempt. Depending on the club...sometimes you gotta bullshit for a while on the main floor(on spending customers,not broke ass losers aka time wasters), about half hour or so to do the VIP room. Pay attention to his body language. You will learn this later on. This thread shows you how to spot time wasters aka guys who wont spend.... http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...-a-time-waster
    Last edited by Vyanka; 02-17-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

- Look your best when auditioning. Go all out. Wear the tallest shoes you can. Stand straight. Hair, makeup, nails done. Make your stripper persona the hottest thing in the place.

-Don't take shit from any customer. Don't let anyone cross your boundaries or make you feel uncomfortable. Walk away. This is when you need thick skin. Be strong. It's good to be a bitch too, bc of this. Once in a blue, you will come across that dipshit who tries to ruin your day/night.

-Try not to talk to any of the girls. You're not there to make friends or enemies. That girl trying to be your friend...wants your money or borrow something. Don't be naive. Fuck that. Never let anyone borrow your shit either..you spend YOUR money to make YOURSELF money, NOT so someone else can make money!! When I say she wants your money, she is trying to cockblock you from customers being a slick rick. Most ppl don't have good motives. Be aware. Everyone is after themself. Focus on yourself. Work, go home. Stay out of trouble, gossip, & drama. If you have any questions to ask at work, ask your housemom or manager. Those are the ppl you can trust at work & should always ask questions to.

-Have some etiquette. Never approach a customer while a girl is with him, unless one of them invites you over.

- NEVER TELL PEOPLE( dancers, customers, who ever) HOW MUCH YOU MAKE(Especially if you had a great shift, ppl are envious). EVER! Some nosey ass ppl will ask. It's nobody's business. If a dancer asks, your answer should always be..."I did ok" or "I don't know, I count my money when I get home". Same applies to you. Don't ever ask ppl how much they make/made. It's rude. If you want to know about money potential, ask if the club has money pontential.

-Learn about taxes for IC. This is very important. Save money aside.

-Dont be scared, have fun, & MOST importantly make that money!
    Last edited by Vyanka; 05-06-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 940 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

this should be a sticky

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jay12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 Times in 6,130 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    this should be a sticky
    I KNOW, RIGHt>3!!!! Thanks so much, Vyanka!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,104 Times in 3,820 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Bring your own shit (wipies, toothpaste, tampons, mouthwash, etc) Most of that shit can be bought @ Dollar General. If you're too broke to shell out $1 your ass shouldn't be stripping.

If you see a veteran stripper in the DR obviously occupied, FUCK OFF AND LEAVE THEM ALONE. Do NOT try to be my best friend. If I want to talk to you I will.

Don't roll into my club thinking you're the shit.

FLUSH THE TOILET.

Don't ask to borrow an outfit after knowing me for an hour.

Don't tell me you're life story. I don't give a fuck that you live with your boyfriend or that you have a cat named Fluffy.

If you see another dancer sitting with a customer, FUCK OFF. (unless invited to sit down or doing tip walk)

Don't ask if I have coke, weed, meth (insert illicit narcotic here) If I do have it chances are it's baby powder that I'm giving you out of spite.

Don't drink my lemonade. I might have pissed in it for pure spite.

Don't reach in my bag and try to borrow my hairbrush when I'm not here.

Speak when spoken to is a good rule.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

whats a good first night outfit?.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalcakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by crystalcakes View Post
    whats a good first night outfit?.....
    Call the club you want to audition and ask them what's required for auditions. Every club is different. Some clubs want you to bring an outfit, some don't. Just make sure you bring shoes, a thong, and come in well groomed(hair & makeup)....that's required automatically.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Starting this weekend...so nervous....

Curious Guest
    Thanks

How was it? Any advice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

I know it's a bitch but for delicate outfits try to handwash and drip dry. If you see something you really like always purchase a backup.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I love this post! So true and well said. If I were a beginner to this life style I would feel right at home! Well I'm new to this site and I still feel right at home. Except a few post I have read with some people fussing at a newbie.
    I am the naked hustle

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caramel Delight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

No matter how tempting it is to have your boyfriend/husband/domestic partner/girlfriend/baby daddy/master WHATEVER "see you in action" don't do it. It's a bad habit that will only hurt your money and lead to bad things. Nobody wants to see their SO being groped/fondled/ naked even if it is for 100's to 1000's of $$$$. Leave that at home.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I just started at a Plus-sized and Curvy strip club in St. Pete, FL and the advice I got from this board was priceless, so for that, I thank you! It was great to know what to expect, what to bring, and how to handle myself in the club.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 407 Posts

Know that you are worth it. This was one of my struggles when I first started. I never even tried to sell VIP because I didn't think anyone would be willing pay $400-500 to hang out with me for an hour. WRONG! Your time, your presence, your company is WORTH IT.

Thanks

Thought I would add to this- be equally aware of management.
    ---You don't have to give the owner/manager a dance as part of the 'audition'. You don't HAVE to dance for anyone, if you don't want, and definitely not for free. Don't let them intimidate you into thinking you have to do what the 'boss' says to pass the audition just because you're new.
    A lovely brand new girl tonight came back to our table telling us she did this They are not training you, they're preying on newbies for free kicks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 492 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

There are a lot of questions that can only be answered by advising you to watch what the other girls do at a particular club. For example:

-What should I wear to my audition?

-Where do I put my purse when I'm onstage?

Now, it is very important to familiarize yourself with the club's rules ASAP, and also to understand that many girls will be doing things that they (and you) shouldn't be doing. You don't want to mimic bad behavior, but for very general things (such as the questions listed above), it's best to see what the norm is in the club where you wish to work. Things such as proper stage attire, how quickly you undress onstage, and where to put your things while you're onstage will vary from region to region and club to club.

If you can, try to go in ahead of time as a customer to see what the girls are wearing and so on. Watch several of the dancers - if everyone puts her purse in a certain spot, that's what you should do. If everyone's wearing bikinis, don't show up in a gown. You can even buy a lapdance if you want to see the private dance area, and get a feel for what happens there. Be sure to tip your dancer well, and she may even offer you some pointers. For that matter, be sure to tip all the dancers onstage (respectfully! just hand it to her or put it on the stage).

If you can't afford to scope the club out ahead of time, just be sure to keep your eyes open when you arrive for your audition and learn by example. Don't be afraid to ask a floor manager or the DJ or bartender (whoever seems receptive and friendly towards you) questions about where to keep your stuff, etc.
    "I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them"
    - Mae West

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Natalllia For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A few things that helped me when I was a newbie - I hope these help…

-Always keep an emergency kit in your locker (GermX, wipes, deodorant, tampons, tooth brush, bobby pins, bandaids, hair spray, extra makeup incase you forget something at home, needle and thread, safety pins) Yes this list seems a bit much but all these can be found at the dollar store.

-NEVER EVER trash talk another dancer, to anyone. If someone is gossiping I usually say, “ I am Switzerland ” meaning I don’t get involved and walk away.

-Always keep your money bag on your arm or in your hand, never ever leave your bag laying around. If you are on stage keep your bag where only you can reach it.

-When custies are in the building never sit alone and STAY OFF THE DAMN PHONE if possible! Walk around, smile, look like you are happy it makes for a better experience.

-Never Complain to customers about ANYTHING, people come to us to escape, relax and enjoy the fantasy also usually if I am upset about something and I just think like a man and while at work any issue I have in my personal life leaves when I hit the floor.

-Always look nice, somedays we all feel like shit but usually most agree that if they just take a shower and fix themselves up it is a mood booster, so get in HOTTIE PANTS MODE!

-NEVER EVER wear glitter makeup… Usually you will sell less dances, men don’t want to go home and have the wifey/girlfriend see glitter all over them…its kind of unexplainable lol

These are all the tips I have for now, I hope they help. I may add more if I think of any!
    Last edited by MissAverySkye; 04-16-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

It's possible that there will be a night where you can walk out of the club negative. If you're working in a club where you have to pay a bunch of fees everyday, always carry extra cash in your wallet just in case.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

gracias this helps alot. im very nervous because im worried about becoming blank for moves but i practice in my mirror all the time. again thankyou for the great tips!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CubanaBeautii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    -Dont break club rules. You can make money as a clean dancer. Use your brain & your looks.
    Thank you
    That's what I needed to hear

31. The Following User Says Thank You to melany For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

When you work at a nude club do not sit on bar stools butt ass naked! Bring more than one pair of panties. And don't get so drunk you lose your wig in the loo.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Making money is your job! Not "being liked" or "making friends"! Remember that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by CubanaBeautii View Post
    gracias this helps alot. im very nervous because im worried about becoming blank for moves but i practice in my mirror all the time. again thankyou for the great tips!
    Look up pole dancing on YouTube. To get Ideas. If you get a pole at home practice.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioienvyioi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    And don't get so drunk you lose your wig in the loo.
    I love you. That's all. =p

Anyways,

-Learning to give a really seductive strip tease trumps grinding in a guy's lap for 10 mins straight. Your butt will thank you.

-During lapdances, count the songs. After a song ends ask if he wants to keep going. Give the customer a chance to check his funds and go to the ATM. You may think sticking a customer with a $300 dance tab will work, but pissing off customer is a sure way not to get paid.

-If you find a dance outfit that really flatters your body, buy it in every color they have. Outfits should be easy to put on and strip out of.

-Invest in some cute costumes (cop, firefighter etc) on days when you really want to stand out.

-If you have dark skin, wearing brighter colors & rhinestone jewelry will help customers spot you in a dark room.

-Always wear a skirt that is long enough to cover your butt when sitting. Butt pimples are almost impossible to kill!

-Every stripper smells like cotton candy & VS love spell. Pick a scent no one wears.

-Body makeup on any body part a customer will touch is a waste of time. Glitter is a death sentence.

-ALWAYS stick up for yourself. No one else will.

-Don't get illegal plastic surgery. Getting pumped full of industrial silicone mixed with baby oil WILL make you sick or kill you. Save your money and get the real thing.

-Don't carry a bag on the floor. Keep your money close to your body so no one can steal it. I attached my money to an elastic around my bicep, then cashed in my ones for large bills every couple of hours.

-Air out worn pleather/pvc clothing & boots at home. Keeping sweaty pvc in your locker will stink to high heaven!

-I saw a girl "krump" onstage once. It wasn't pretty.

-Get a work cell phone & email so you can stay in contact with your regulars. Make business cards and only give it (discreetly) to people who spend money. Invite them back to your club.

-Hire a shrink or keep a journal. Sex work can make you feel vulnerable and may stir up feelings that you didn't know existed. Some may disagree on this, but everyone processes experiences differently.
    It's not about what you do for a living, it's about who you want to be.

www.twitter.com/saucymktg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast