Thread: Advice to newbies :)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,361 Times in 3,222 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default Re: Advice to newbies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    -
    - NEVER TELL PEOPLE( dancers, customers, who ever) HOW MUCH YOU MAKE(Especially if you had a great shift, ppl are envious). EVER! Some nosey ass ppl will ask. It's nobody's business. If a dancer asks, your answer should always be..."I did ok" or "I don't know, I count my money when I get home". Same applies to you. Don't ever ask ppl how much they make/made. It's rude. If you want to know about money potential, ask if the club has money pontential.

THANK YOU! i never talk about money to the girls there i think its rude and unclassy and just asking to be robbed, and there is this one girl at my club i don't know in the least who always comes up and tells us all just how much she's earned like she wants a fucking sticker. god its annoying

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simone87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 407 Posts

The dressing room may seem like a good place to vent or share, but keep in mind that anything you say back there can and will be repeated in front of customers by other dancers (even your "friends" - some otherwise cool dancers seem to lack common sense and filters). Any and everything- no matter how small, seemingly unimportant, or foolish.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is important not to get drunk before or during work. If you are professional and never drunk you will be respected by management. You are not a cocktail waitress or a bartender. You are not there to sell or drink alchohol. You are there to make money by entertaining the customers. You are in the lap dance sales business. If you would rather sell alchohol, then you can apply for a job as a cocktail waitress or bartender. You don't have to be a stripper. If a guy wants you to get drunk with him beware. There is a reason for that and it's not a good one. Guys who want to buy you drinks will try to take advantage of you. They want your defenses to be slow; which is the ONLY REASON that they are offering to buy you a drink. Don't be afraid to say you make your money doing lap dances not drinking.
    Last edited by sasee; 11-22-2012 at 09:19 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sasee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A lot of girls will threaten violence... if a bitch does this I will beat her ass. They are trying to act tough and they do have a lot of anger issues. You don't have to let their unprofessional bitterness make you feel scared. Most of those girls are just angry because they are not doing well and they are scared because they don't know how to do their job. They don't have the common sense to seek guidance and they want other girls to feel scared too. Don't. If you are professional you will be able to talk to managment in a logical manner by stating the facts and they will handle it.
    Last edited by sasee; 11-26-2012 at 10:43 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sasee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 940 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by sasee View Post
    It is important not to get drunk before or during work. If you are professional and never drunk you will be respected by management. You are not a cocktail waitress or a bartender. You are not there to sell or drink alchohol. You are there to make money by entertaining the customers. You are in the lap dance sales business. If you would rather sell alchohol, then you can apply for a job as a cocktail waitress or bartender. You don't have to be a stripper. If a guy wants you to get drunk with him beware. There is a reason for that and it's not a good one. Guys who want to buy you drinks will try to take advantage of you. They want your defenses to be slow; which is the ONLY REASON that they are offering to buy you a drink. Don't be afraid to say you make your money doing lap dances not drinking.

In some clubs dancers may get a commission for selling drinks, or they may also double as waitresses and/or bartenders (there was a club I worked at that one of the day shift bartenders would also double as a dancer).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 407 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sasee View Post
    It's not true that guys only buy you drinks in order to take advantage of you. Buying a woman a drink is an important aspect of the social interaction between a man and a woman. Try not to turn down drinks.. order SOMETHING, even if it's only a coke. He's trying to show interest, and your drink refusal could trigger feelings of rejection.

Also, you'll get on managers good side by selling bottles a lot quicker than you will by being 100% sober all the time. You're there to make money for yourself, yes, but also for the club so selling alcohol and bottles is a major plus. When it comes time to introduce girls to the table of spenders, who do you think the managers are going to take over - the "sober" girl or the girl that's going to sell bottles?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 2,548 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Sell, but you don't have to drink it if you wanna stay sober.

I don't think a man is trying to take advantage if he offers a drink. If he's pushing multiple shots, maybe.

Depending on the club you work in, selling bottles gives you free house fees/credit.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte. View Post
    time with a stripper is a luxury purchase.
    "I donít need the approval of people who donít approve of me"- George Michael

https://m.theanimalrescuesite.greate...58307C.ctg-f?1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Making money is your job! Not "being liked" or "making friends"! Remember that.
    Don't be afraid to let custys know this by your actions and attitudes. You need to show that you are worth their money by not doing anything for free. You are not working to get a dinner date with a customer who thinks you are sexy; you are working for cash- because you are sexy. You are not working for drinks, you are working for cash- because you are too sexy to be shy. You are not working for complements, you are working for cash- because you already know that you are sexy. If you work in a topless club don't walk around topless for free. If they ask for free peeks of anything; state the prices with confidence, then say let me know when you are ready and simply walk away with a smile. When you have the confidence to say, these are the prices, let me know when know when you are ready; there is no need to lecture or get mad. Just smile and move on. Because once you have displayed that you have the confidence to acheive your goal of making money, the money will come.
    Last edited by sasee; 11-26-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    Sell, but you don't have to drink it if you wanna stay sober.

I don't think a man is trying to take advantage if he offers a drink. If he's pushing multiple shots, maybe.

Depending on the club you work in, selling bottles gives you free house fees/credit.
    I have worked in clubs where dancers can order virgin drinks that sound like they are alchohol. I have also put drinks up to my mouth to "fake drink" and just gradually dumped them. I would rather not put my focus on selling drinks anyways; with or with out alchohol. I find that I make more consistent $$ when I am focused on selling dances. Everyone is different. I guess it depends on the individual and the club.
    Last edited by sasee; 11-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,137 Times in 3,827 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

You do not need a passport to travel within the United States or territories under control of the United States. (This was brought on because a n00b at work inquired about passport 'requirements' for a trip to Miami)
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 843 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

The dressing room may seem like a good place to vent or share, but keep in mind that anything you say back there can and will be repeated in front of customers by other dancers (even your "friends" - some otherwise cool dancers seem to lack common sense and filters). Any and everything- no matter how small, seemingly unimportant, or foolish.

This. I have seen this happen a few times. In one of the clubs I've worked, I met a sweet dancer who wasn't unintelligent, but a bit ditsy. Whenever she came in to work, she would have a couple of drinks to loosen up. On more than one occasion she had accidentally slipped private information about other dancers (usually their first real name) to either a customer or to another dancer. One day we were talking about menial things in the dressing room, when she asked me: "Oh, do you know [real first name]?" "Who?" "Oh! I meant [stage name]. I hate it when girls tell me their real names."

So just be careful about revealing your information, especially when alcohol is involved. Its good to have the same lie for everything (fake first name, fake city you live in, fake day job, etc). When you talk to customers as well, they usually end up asking the same questions over and over again so it becomes kind of like a script.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Starling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sansonnet View Post
    This. I have seen this happen a few times. In one of the clubs I've worked, I met a sweet dancer who wasn't unintelligent, but a bit ditsy. Whenever she came in to work, she would have a couple of drinks to loosen up. On more than one occasion she had accidentally slipped private information about other dancers (usually their first real name) to either a customer or to another dancer. One day we were talking about menial things in the dressing room, when she asked me: "Oh, do you know [real first name]?" "Who?" "Oh! I meant [stage name]. I hate it when girls tell me their real names."

So just be careful about revealing your information, especially when alcohol is involved. Its good to have the same lie for everything (fake first name, fake city you live in, fake day job, etc). When you talk to customers as well, they usually end up asking the same questions over and over again so it becomes kind of like a script.
    Yeah be careful who you trust, even if you've known them for years. I had some overly friendly Chatty Cathy try to tell me her real name and ask for mine. "I don't want to know your real name so shut the fuck up and I am sure as hell not going to tell you mine" is my response unless I have known them awhile.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Do not use lotion baby oil or any kind of lubricant that will make the stage slippery!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I am dark skin tone and I wanted to know any suggestions for moisturizing without slippery side effects on the floor

Thanks

Ladies do you have to get a license for every city that you dance in or can you just get one for the state that you live in an travel with it. I'm in the process of trying to find a club but I don't want to dance in my hometown. So I thinking about traveling, (3hrs max lol) an that's if the $$$ s rite. And also do you guys think it is smart to call ahead an try to schedule an audition? I mean if I'm traveling I at lease want to be able to talk with management. But everytime I call clubs girls are rude or the line is busy. I just want wana do this right. An need some advice. I was also thinking that Memphis would be a good place to start. Do you guys know any clubs that like Black girls.. i dont kind white ppl but i dont wanna waist my time either if they aint tippin. Also if you ladies know any cities that you can make a lot of money in in the south. List some.. I know atl an memphis an miami so name others please. Also are pole dancing classes a good idea. I thinking yes I could aleast know a couple tricks twirls or something?. Sorry about all the questions lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

^^^^
    There's a "club review" tab at the top of the page that provides stripper and customer reviews about clubs around the united states and etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Do not clam the damn pole with your bare vagina

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,361 Times in 3,222 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Do not clam the damn pole with your bare vagina
    iccckkk! god i HATE that! my skin crawls every time i see a newbie doing that, and i wipe the pole down vigorously..just ew

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simone87 View Post
    iccckkk! god i HATE that! my skin crawls every time i see a newbie doing that, and i wipe the pole down vigorously..just ew
    Sometimes I'm glad I don't do pole work especially where showing the kitty is compulsory, not optional like Al's in Reading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries

Do I look like I have "Taxi Service" tattooed on me somewhere? If you have a way to the club you better have a way from the club because it sure as hell isn't my fucking responsibility to chauffeur around someone who didn't make preparations beforehand. I've got more important things do deal with and someone's lack of transportation isn't my problem. Get your own damn rides. If I offer is one thing. Begging complete strangers is another.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by iwannastripp View Post
    So I am dark skin tone and I wanted to know any suggestions for moisturizing without slippery side effects on the floor
    Im new here and I havent started dancing yet, and I know this post is old as hell, but I dont like being greasy for the whole damn day either. I make sure I put my moisturizer on very early in the day. Also, I feel like exfoliating and getting frequent massages could help with not having to put on lotion all the time.

Look for something really thick and make sure you rub it in real good.

Rub it iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin girl!

Thanks

Is there a thread for answers to tricky customer questions? Like, how to deflect when guys ask for your number, or turn conversations away from certain topics?

I feel like I've messed up a few times in the last month when I could have made money off of a guy but I didn't have the right answer ready.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 463 Posts

I am going to audition soon - my only worry is that I might trip in my 6-inch platform heels because I am not that experienced yet. If I do everything else right, would I blow my chances if I trip during the audition?

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by rosemead View Post
    I am going to audition soon - my only worry is that I might trip in my 6-inch platform heels because I am not that experienced yet. If I do everything else right, would I blow my chances if I trip during the audition?
    Even the most super-sober veterans trip once in a while. I think even if you do trip (assuming it is bc you weren't tanked up!) the more important thing would be how you recover from it. I have tripped onstage a bunch of times bc I am just clumsy, I just make light of it & keep right on going. If you can laugh it off &/or continue the flow so the stumble does not seem too noticeable, you will be fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,593 Times in 6,147 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Quote Originally Posted by Graci View Post
    Is there a thread for answers to tricky customer questions? Like, how to deflect when guys ask for your number, or turn conversations away from certain topics?

I feel like I've messed up a few times in the last month when I could have made money off of a guy but I didn't have the right answer ready.
    Check out Hustle Hut, or Stripping..

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast