Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advice to newbies :)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 515 Posts

Default Re: Advice to newbies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
    Even the most super-sober veterans trip once in a while. I think even if you do trip (assuming it is bc you weren't tanked up!) the more important thing would be how you recover from it. I have tripped onstage a bunch of times bc I am just clumsy, I just make light of it & keep right on going. If you can laugh it off &/or continue the flow so the stumble does not seem too noticeable, you will be fine.
    Phew, so it shouldn't be too bad. I doubt I'll trip but who knows. If I stumble I'd just be like 'whoops' and smile with my hand over my mouth, then go on dancing. If I fall I'd pick myself up. I am not worried about how I handle it, just that it shouldn't disqualify me. I was walking in the 6-inches only for over a week, I could've gotten more practice but I decided that it's better to audition sooner than later.

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

TONS of good advice on this Thread! Good luck to you ladies, you'll do great as long as you believe it.

The #1 thing that helped my earnings was CONFIDENCE. Even if you don't feel confident, pretending goes a long way. SuperFlirt by Tracy Cox should be required reading for anyone just starting out. It gives some excellent tips for projecting confidence in the club.

StripperWeb is a great resource and will go a long way in maximizing earnings as long as you follow the right advice.

Good luck to you!
    Kelly aka Alex. Retired January 2010.

Success is a decision. Thoughts are a choice. Choose wisely.
    www.UncommonlyPrescribed.com

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to calinacain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 515 Posts

So I danced yesterday night for the first time.. I was only on stage for 6 minutes (2 songs) and damn, my legs are still sore lol! Better go back this week to practice.

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmere Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,601 Times in 2,713 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by calinacain View Post
    TONS of good advice on this Thread! Good luck to you ladies, you'll do great as long as you believe it.

The #1 thing that helped my earnings was CONFIDENCE. Even if you don't feel confident, pretending goes a long way. SuperFlirt by Tracy Cox should be required reading for anyone just starting out. It gives some excellent tips for projecting confidence in the club.

StripperWeb is a great resource and will go a long way in maximizing earnings as long as you follow the right advice.

Good luck to you!
    I loved that book. That was one of the books I read when I was a newbie.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sasee View Post
    It is important not to get drunk before or during work. If you are professional and never drunk you will be respected by management. You are not a cocktail waitress or a bartender. You are not there to sell or drink alchohol. You are there to make money by entertaining the customers. You are in the lap dance sales business. If you would rather sell alchohol, then you can apply for a job as a cocktail waitress or bartender. You don't have to be a stripper. If a guy wants you to get drunk with him beware. There is a reason for that and it's not a good one. Guys who want to buy you drinks will try to take advantage of you. They want your defenses to be slow; which is the ONLY REASON that they are offering to buy you a drink. Don't be afraid to say you make your money doing lap dances not drinking.
    I know this is old, but at my club - it's "the norm" for a guy to buy us a drink. Though the bartender makes my drinks virgin && we get $5 off every drink a guy buys for us. But in my club - if a guy buys us a drink its usually a tell- tale sign that he wants to spend his money on you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LanaRey For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Going in for an 'interview' for my first time tomorrow. They didn't use the word audition but I'm bringing clothes and shoes in case... and arriving looking hot, or at least thats the plan!

2 Questions.. Should I tell them I've never danced before? & When I first go in and ask for the manager, should I use my real name or stage name?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,636 Posts

^Start a separate thread honey
    Tiny tweaks----->BIG CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakonstantin View Post
    More fear-mongering? Really? Yes, this is not the 1990's anymore. Yes, things are changing. Either dance or don't. Freaking out and sowing fear isn't going to help anyone.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Whoops thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by marina_x View Post
    Going in for an 'interview' for my first time tomorrow. They didn't use the word audition but I'm bringing clothes and shoes in case... and arriving looking hot, or at least thats the plan!

2 Questions.. Should I tell them I've never danced before? & When I first go in and ask for the manager, should I use my real name or stage name?
    B4 starting a new thread, try running a search. If you had $1 for every time these questions have been asked you could probably pay off the cost of your first pair of heels.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by LanaRey View Post
    I know this is old, but at my club - it's "the norm" for a guy to buy us a drink. Though the bartender makes my drinks virgin && we get $5 off every drink a guy buys for us. But in my club - if a guy buys us a drink its usually a tell- tale sign that he wants to spend his money on you.
    You are miles ahead of a lot of girls if you're remaining sober at work. Sasee's advice is spot-on even in clubs where customers buying dancers drinks is the norm. She was talking abt 'getting drunk' as opposed to just selling/accepting drinks. True, 'buying a drink or two for the dancer' is often a sign the customer is interested in you, but you'll notice Sasee specifically said 'If a guy wants to get you drunk'. Those are the kind of guys that need to be watched out for, & sadly there are A LOT of them out there.

Thanks

What if a girl asks to borrow something as simple as makeup? How do I politely say no without her getting mad at me or thinking I am being rude?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,582 Times in 2,716 Posts

^ I would say I'm a germaphobe so nobody can borrow my makeup. Though honestly you don't need to explain yourself to anyone and can just say no. You're not there to make friends.
    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g
    Once a guy gets you to lower your expectations then that is all you are worth to him from then on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,015 Times in 4,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    ^ I would say I'm a germaphobe so nobody can borrow my makeup. Though honestly you don't need to explain yourself to anyone and can just say no. You're not there to make friends.
    Even better...tell them you're still recovering from a terrible cold / flu / plague.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 3,929 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie210 View Post
    What if a girl asks to borrow something as simple as makeup? How do I politely say no without her getting mad at me or thinking I am being rude?
    "Buy your own shit. If you're too broke to buy your own makeup you shouldn't be stripping."
    I don't care if I appear rude or if someone gets butthurt.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeca View Post
    Thought I would add to this- be equally aware of management.
    ---You don't have to give the owner/manager a dance as part of the 'audition'. You don't HAVE to dance for anyone, if you don't want, and definitely not for free. Don't let them intimidate you into thinking you have to do what the 'boss' says to pass the audition just because you're new.
    A lovely brand new girl tonight came back to our table telling us she did this They are not training you, they're preying on newbies for free kicks.
    I don't understand this. How do you get the job if you don't dance for them?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 704 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Auditions are done on stage. Not a lap. You can tell a lot about someone by watching a 2/3 song stage set.

If a manager/owner says you have to do an actual lap dance for them, they are scuzz. That won't be the dirtiest thing going on in there. LEAVE

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aurora14 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thank you for the quick response! Good to know.

Thanks

Thought I'd add to this thread, along the lines of "mistakes newbies make..." After returning to dancing, I'm noticing all kinds of mistakes I made back when I was dancing the first time around. Just a few come to mind right now.

Mistake #1: Not exercising or lifting weights because "dancing is exercise." To keep your body strong, you need to treat yourself like a professional athlete. Give yourself the day off after a night of work if your body is hurting. But the next day, get into the gym to lift and do some cardio. I used to only do cardio, which can throw your muscles out of balance and make them too lean. These days, my knees are thanking me for doing quad / hamstring / abductor / adductor strengthening exercises. Lifting weights and stretching are a big deal. Use your free evenings in front of the tv to stretch while you're zoning out.

Mistake #2: Not doing anything before you go into work, to "save up your energy." I used to get into the habit of giving myself a couple of days before a night of work to be a total couch-loser. I wouldn't go outside or do anything productive, and I'd just obsess over the upcoming night of work. Not only did this result in me building up negative energy about working and resenting the job itself, but it was terrible for my mental health in general. Instead, keep to a normal routine as much as you possibly can. On the day that I work, I volunteer, go grocery shopping, go for a walk outside, and then shower and get ready for work. That way I don't spend the day obsessing about my upcoming shift, which helps keep my energy clean.

Mistake #3: Not paying attention to what you're doing with your knees on stage. If you dance just once a year, you have little risk of injuring yourself. But if you're working once a week, those cute little floor moves you do where you're banging your knees into the stage really start to add up. Be as gentle as possible while also putting on a good show. Calculate the "worth-it-ness" of hurting your knees for someone who's throwing handfuls of money at you vs. putting on a big show for people who are tipping you a dollar at a time. Pay attention to the shoes you're wearing, how often you're using your knees as fulcrums, and how often you squat down to take tips.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^^^ INTENTIONALLY banging your knees into the stage? What the hell could be considered 'cute' abt that? What I am picturing right now looks painful & downright masochistic.

But yes Yes YES pay attention to how you're using your body while dancing. If there is a pole or a wall available, use them for balance & for taking the majority of your wgt while bending over, squatting, etc. Be careful w/ splits & other extensions. Coming down hard into a full split & bouncing up&down on those fully extended hips is hard as hell on them, & there's nothing sexy abt literally being unable to stand the nxt day bc your groin muscles are overtaxed & refuse to support your wgt.

Everything ^^^^ abt free wgts on your off days is also spot on.

Thanks

^At my dive, we used to do bachelor-party dances on stage, where we'd do all kinds of stuff to humiliate the Bachelor. This included a popular move where we'd put the guy on his back on stage, position ourselves between his legs, and pretend to fuck him (with our bottoms on and everything - it was just a funny thing to do in front of his friends). When you do that on stage, you're banging your knees into the floor. That's just one example of the plethora of stupid things I used to do with my knees. I used to rock my body back and forth onto my knees, put needless pressure on them during my stage shows, etc.

Save the knees!!

Thanks

All I have to say is dont go around bragging about how good the blow you have is, and dont brag about how your dad kicked out of the house because he found out you were selling drugs.

Urg I seriously hate girls like this that come into my club.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TearieLeigh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Thank You for all the great advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 3,929 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie210 View Post
    "Fuck off and buy your own goddamn makeup. If you can't afford Dollar tree makeup you shouldn't be stripping."
    (Yes I said this to someone. They didn't even know me and they were asking to borrow my shit.)
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

@ rosemead......

Love the avatar...looks like a woman dreaming, very creative.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by iwannastripp View Post
    So I am dark skin tone and I wanted to know any suggestions for moisturizing without slippery side effects on the floor
    100% pure cold pressed extra virgin coconut. This is the only moisturizer I use. I make sure to put it on at least an hour before going into work. It absorbs rapidly and wont leave the stage and poles slippery.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to savannahjames For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast