Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advice to newbies :)

Thanks

Default Re: Advice to newbies :)

If I had to give advice to anyone starting, it would be to do your research and seek out support. I was lucky enough to find this forum before I started dancing. I spent like a week pouring over everything before I auditioned. It was so helpful to me. Make sure that you know what you are getting into and make sure you know your rights. I remember the best piece of advice I got from someone on here was something along the lines of:

"Don't do anything that you aren't comfortable with, even if a custy offers you a lot of Money. If you give an inch they will take a mile. And don't feel bad about it either."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naomi28 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

You can visit this website for many tips, tricks, and simple help for many of dancing questions http://www.freestrippertips.com/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STRAIGHTALK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello! I will start dancing officially on this Thursday.I am a bit nervous, but yet I know what I have to offer. Definetly no "extras" over here. I want to be a good exotic dancer, so to speak. Can I just have a rundown possibly of what an entertainer should bring to work? Like perfume, wipes etc? I have been I guess ghost reading and researching this forum, and found alot of useful and helpful tips and tricks. Anything is appreciated. Just trying to prepare for my first day! Nervous- excited. Like a sexy schoolgirl's first day of school Lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Garnetroses View Post
    Hello! I will start dancing officially on this Thursday.I am a bit nervous, but yet I know what I have to offer. Definetly no "extras" over here. I want to be a good exotic dancer, so to speak. Can I just have a rundown possibly of what an entertainer should bring to work? Like perfume, wipes etc? I have been I guess ghost reading and researching this forum, and found alot of useful and helpful tips and tricks. Anything is appreciated. Just trying to prepare for my first day! Nervous- excited. Like a sexy schoolgirl's first day of school Lol
    Here's some basics that you should bring.
    Lock if they have lockers
    Unscented babywipes
    2 pairs of shoes
    2 outfits with extra thongs to change in and out of
    rubbing alcohol and lint free cotton wipes. (you'll want to wipe down with these every hour or so to save you from getting ass and back of the leg pimples)
    bring your own make up
    Hair tools (when your new, girls will not be to keen to share)
    A big enough bag to carry it all in. bring some snack bars too to eat mid shift if you get hungry. The high protein low sugar ones will keep you from bloating. Don't wear any lotion, if get really dry and ashy like me use 100% pure extra virgin coconut oil and put it on at least 2 hours before your shift. It absorbs very fast and wont grease up the pole. If you choose to wear perfume be sure to only wear it behind your ears, back of the knee and in the crease of your elbows. Men don't like going home to their wives smelling like other women. Hope this helps! Anymore question feel free to PM me.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to savannahjames For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savannahjames View Post
    Here's some basics that you should bring.
    Lock if they have lockers
    Unscented babywipes
    2 pairs of shoes
    2 outfits with extra thongs to change in and out of
    rubbing alcohol and lint free cotton wipes. (you'll want to wipe down with these every hour or so to save you from getting ass and back of the leg pimples)
    bring your own make up
    Hair tools (when your new, girls will not be to keen to share)
    A big enough bag to carry it all in. bring some snack bars too to eat mid shift if you get hungry. The high protein low sugar ones will keep you from bloating. Don't wear any lotion, if get really dry and ashy like me use 100% pure extra virgin coconut oil and put it on at least 2 hours before your shift. It absorbs very fast and wont grease up the pole. If you choose to wear perfume be sure to only wear it behind your ears, back of the knee and in the crease of your elbows. Men don't like going home to their wives smelling like other women. Hope this helps! Anymore question feel free to PM me.

Thank you soooooo very much Savannah. This helps alot. I figure the first time will be a bit nerve racking, but I hope to find my own groove after a while. I know this is a bit outlandish question Lol I know we are a type of entertainer, in a way creative, maybe performance art if you look at it from a certain angle, but have exotic dancers/Strippers ever used streamers, flags or props to enhance their performance in addition to the pole? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I know we are a type of entertainer, in a way creative, maybe performance art if you look at it from a certain angle, but have exotic dancers/Strippers ever used streamers, flags or props to enhance their performance in addition to the pole? Thanks.
    'strippers/exotic dancers' … wow. Don't overthink the job title. No need to be PC here, just call us what we are

As for streamers, flags … if you're thinking seriously abt this, I would suggest actually going to a club as a customer first to get a better idea of what you're getting into. This isn't like the high school auxiliary dancers that come out at halftime during football games to entertain the crowd, & it's not burlesque.

Sm feature dancers may use various props & various fancy costumes, but those are girls who have been doing this for a while & have a routine down cold.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
    'strippers/exotic dancers' … wow. Don't overthink the job title. No need to be PC here, just call us what we are

As for streamers, flags … if you're thinking seriously abt this, I would suggest actually going to a club as a customer first to get a better idea of what you're getting into. This isn't like the high school auxiliary dancers that come out at halftime during football games to entertain the crowd, & it's not burlesque.

Sm feature dancers may use various props & various fancy costumes, but those are girls who have been doing this for a while & have a routine down cold.
    Yeah you're right. I tend to over think things sometimes. I have been to numerous clubs, but I just thought that would add. Wrong thinking. I start tonight as a dancer , and It is what it is. Still trying to learn the ropes. Thanks for being straight with me. We are what we are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I really wish I would have found this forum before I'd started dancing. It would have really helped my nerves. Now I'm planning on auditioning for my second club soon. And certainly figuring out where I've been going wrong! Thank y'all so much.
    Foxes like juice boxes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SalemTheStripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Thanx so much Vyanka! I have learned a lot reading this thread 😆
    IN COMPETITION WITH ME, MYSELF & I

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGoldenEmpress For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

where can you get pole dancing classes and my biggest issue with this type of dance is the top vid's first 20 seconds on how she moves her butt. Like That's exactly what my friend was trying to teach me. I can't like slowly gradually move like that are there dance classes for that too? Or does it come with the pole dancing?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by justsomechick22 View Post
    where can you get pole dancing classes and my biggest issue with this type of dance is the top vid's first 20 seconds on how she moves her butt. Like That's exactly what my friend was trying to teach me. I can't like slowly gradually move like that are there dance classes for that too? Or does it come with the pole dancing?
    Don't bother w/ pole classes unless it's an urban club, & even then. Pole takes major strength so you def don't want to rush it. Save your $$$ & learn pole tricks OTJ/via Youtube + practising at work w/ the physical conditioning you will build up from dancing. Ditto any 'booty/twerk' classes. All of that can be learnt for free while working.

Banned
    Thanks

Don't bother w/ pole classes unless it's an urban club, & even then. Pole takes major strength so you def don't want to rush it. Save your $$$ & learn pole tricks OTJ/via Youtube + practising at work w/ the physical conditioning you will build up from dancing. Ditto any 'booty/twerk' classes. All of that can be learnt for free while working.
    How do I know if a club is urban or not? I don't get what am I supposed to do while I have the job and know absolutely nothing. I am interested in CH I think I'm going to go next Saturday and check it out. Then apply in the next two weeks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Thank you soooooo very much Savannah. This helps alot. I figure the first time will be a bit nerve racking, but I hope to find my own groove after a while. I know this is a bit outlandish question Lol I know we are a type of entertainer, in a way creative, maybe performance art if you look at it from a certain angle, but have exotic dancers/Strippers ever used streamers, flags or props to enhance their performance in addition to the pole? Thanks.
    you'll do just fine. Make your routine is on point if you decide to use props, I've only ever seen feature dancers use props.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 2,468 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Don't ever give your I.D. & social security number to another chic, so that she can work at a club. (((Head bang))). It's illegal, and you'll be paying taxes on money that wasn't yours!!

Just witnessed this stupidity.
    Last edited by Vyanka; 03-08-2016 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte. View Post
    time with a stripper is a luxury purchase.
    "I donít need the approval of people who donít approve of me"- George Michael

https://m.theanimalrescuesite.greate...58307C.ctg-f?1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 924 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHTALK View Post
    You can visit this website for many tips, tricks, and simple help for many of dancing questions http://www.freestrippertips.com/
    That site redirects somewhere else and my anti-virus recommended I didn't open it. I am not sure where you found it...
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 924 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Sold! Although I did see a girl do an entire stage set once "en point", as in prima ballerina. It was erotic and hot.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Best advice for new girls on stage: SLOW DOWN.

Don't try to be a rap video girl right from the jump.

The slower and more controlled your movements are, the more freedom and flexibility you have to change your mind re: your next move as well as the freedom to transition to a new sequence/set of moves.

Flowwww slowwww & fake it until you make it

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heart&Pole For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I'm going to agree for the most part with Aniela, but add my own little twist.

As a former pole fitness instructor, I see tremendous value in taking a couple beginner level classes. If exotic dancing is your career or even your passion, invest in yourself!!

Learning some basic spins & smooth/controlled ways to transition from the pole to the floor & back can aid in your stage presence & confidence TREMENDOUSLY. Confidence is what draws the money - it really isn't about your "moves."

For the most part, customers are so enthralled with your body and watching you (admiringly) that you can pretty much do no wrong HOWEVER, I've definitely discovered that having a few basic spins/moves under your belt can quickly build confidence in beginning dancers and give them a trick/move to revert to if their mind goes blank.

After that, its an lifestyle...the more advanced I got on the pole tricks/stage presentation, I increased my stage show tips as well as the quantity of private dances sold after I exited the stage. I personally found a passion for "pole fitness & even competitions," but that is not the route that many people choose.

When I found myself starting to spend extra money on the "pole arts," that was when I got may ass back in the club and made sure I was using my skills to line my pockets.

If you want to work on booty popping/twerking/etc -> the best advice I can give is to get on your knees in front of a full length mirror and start testing things out...warning: you may not leave this mirror for the next 3 weeks lmao.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heart&Pole For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you. I do this regularly anyway, but due to some past issues I've had growing up, that really helps. I'm actually looking to do exotic dancing for multiple reasons, but the main one is because I absolutely love to dance.
    <3 SeraphinaAngel <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goddesskali View Post
    -Hire a shrink or keep a journal. Sex work can make you feel vulnerable and may stir up feelings that you didn't know existed. Some may disagree on this, but everyone processes experiences differently.
    Thank you again
    <3 SeraphinaAngel <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeca View Post
    Thought I would add to this- be equally aware of management.
    ---You don't have to give the owner/manager a dance as part of the 'audition'. You don't HAVE to dance for anyone, if you don't want, and definitely not for free. Don't let them intimidate you into thinking you have to do what the 'boss' says to pass the audition just because you're new.
    A lovely brand new girl tonight came back to our table telling us she did this They are not training you, they're preying on newbies for free kicks.
    So that is not cool for them to ask for a lap dance ever? Is the audition just supposed to be a pole routine?

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Hi

I have been reading a lot about becomeing sripper and aftr reading a lot of all the negative and positive reviews, comments and blogs I am still very interested it giving it a go, considering the negatives I feel like I would have a lot of fun and want to try and become a successful stripper on the weekends in London, UK.
    The only advice I could not much on was 'which strip clubs are recommended' Can anyone reccomend some good strip clubs to work for in London ???? (i know there are a lot out there that are not very good or the a lot o club takes to much money from the strippers or have pushy male owners) are there any good ones that are recommended for beginners ??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

n00b to n00b, PLEASE for the love of fuck, have reliable transportation to and from the club. the same got damn girl asks me for a ride every single got damn night. it's to the point where i have to go out of my way to avoid her when i'm getting ready to leave so she doesn't corner me. don't be her.
    also, wash your ass.

Sienna Grace Harlow

queen of the playground
    http://siennagraceblows.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,635 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Pole View Post
    I'm going to agree for the most part with Aniela, but add my own little twist.

As a former pole fitness instructor, I see tremendous value in taking a couple beginner level classes. If exotic dancing is your career or even your passion, invest in yourself!!

Learning some basic spins & smooth/controlled ways to transition from the pole to the floor & back can aid in your stage presence & confidence TREMENDOUSLY. Confidence is what draws the money - it really isn't about your "moves."

For the most part, customers are so enthralled with your body and watching you (admiringly) that you can pretty much do no wrong HOWEVER, I've definitely discovered that having a few basic spins/moves under your belt can quickly build confidence in beginning dancers and give them a trick/move to revert to if their mind goes blank.

After that, its an lifestyle...the more advanced I got on the pole tricks/stage presentation, I increased my stage show tips as well as the quantity of private dances sold after I exited the stage. I personally found a passion for "pole fitness & even competitions," but that is not the route that many people choose.

When I found myself starting to spend extra money on the "pole arts," that was when I got may ass back in the club and made sure I was using my skills to line my pockets.

If you want to work on booty popping/twerking/etc -> the best advice I can give is to get on your knees in front of a full length mirror and start testing things out...warning: you may not leave this mirror for the next 3 weeks lmao.
    Girls ask me all the time to teach them my pole work, but I'm self-taught and hesitant to teach others what I know. I always tell everyone to take a class so that they can be taught by an instructor properly. I tell new girls to not copy me because most of them are wasted and wind up falling off the pole, hitting their heads. So I tell them don't drink. Take classes. They'll learn their own moves too with practice.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 2,468 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by NewTanyaStar View Post
    Hi

I have been reading a lot about becomeing sripper and aftr reading a lot of all the negative and positive reviews, comments and blogs I am still very interested it giving it a go, considering the negatives I feel like I would have a lot of fun and want to try and become a successful stripper on the weekends in London, UK.
    The only advice I could not much on was 'which strip clubs are recommended' Can anyone reccomend some good strip clubs to work for in London ???? (i know there are a lot out there that are not very good or the a lot o club takes to much money from the strippers or have pushy male owners) are there any good ones that are recommended for beginners ??
    Look through club chat. This thread is to help newbies how to work/act in the SC.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte. View Post
    time with a stripper is a luxury purchase.
    "I donít need the approval of people who donít approve of me"- George Michael

https://m.theanimalrescuesite.greate...58307C.ctg-f?1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast