Thread: Other Cam Models lurking/distracting my hustle in free chat.

Thanks

Duh Other Cam Models lurking/distracting my hustle in free chat.

It is one thing to watch the other models because you want to see their shows, get ideas, see their pricing. I check it out all the time. Two days in a row I have had models come into my room with usernames and sat there wanting to talk to me in free chat. I think we all know that when we are logged on we are WORKING! Yesterday a guy came on and told me he was a model and gave me his model name and I looked him up. He claims he can "help" me, and that there are so many things I need to learn to make more money. WTF? I cammed in 2004 and I started camming again summer 11. Plus, I am an SW girl so I know what I am doing. I politely told him that I was working and did not need to discuss the business while I was trying to sell private chats.

Today a female model came into my room and said that she just likes to come on and TALK to the models. She had just been sitting in my room all day, so I told her I was signing off and I was giving a warning for anyone who might want to go to PVT. She then tells me she likes my look and wants to send me pictures of her. I hate when non paying customers send me stuff. But I told her since she was a model I would look. The email she sent me was complimenting my style/look and that she wants to do something similar. I wrote her back that I too watch the models, but I think that we need to all come together and raise our rates, especially in GOLD Shows.

She gave me her twitter, so I went to check it out and she posts this update that says, "Cam models can be bitches if you are not giving them money". I have no idea if it was directed at my message to her about Gold shows.

I don't know if this has happens to anyone else. I am totally OK with other models watching, because I watch, but please do not disturb my hustle! Money is to be made.
    I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
    ― Marilyn Monroe

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to julzgulz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Re: Other Cam Models lurking/distracting my hustle in free chat.

They are both freeloading guys by the sounds of it not models. but either way ban/ ignore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,000 Posts

Ban. Ban. Ban.

Don't waste anymore thoughts/energy on this.

If they are a model they can google and figure shit out themselves- just like you did.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LAChloe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^Yeah. I kick out or ban anyone who lurks in my room for a while without taking me to my private room or showing genuine interest in it. I don't bother with people who claim to be models. I'm on there to make money, not to make friends...besides, guys make up stuff all the time and I've had guys pretend to be female models and guys try to tell me to "pay them" blah blah blah. You have to figure that *at least* 50% of the people on there are full of crap and will never pay a dime (if not more) so just get them out of your way as soon as reasonable possible and don't deal with anyone who isn't interested in giving you $$$.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amberose For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Missymissdemeanour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 593 Posts

Gotta agree with whats been said already. Funnily enough I had a model in my room yesterday, claimed she used to cam on AW a few years ago and was wanting to get on again but had forgotten how to! Could I help her? Of course I am happy to help anyone out, here, because if I'm here I'm usually on a break or 'off duty' but if you want help from me whle I'm working you have to book a show so we can talk on skype or go private. When I'm working time is money and if some wants my time for whatever they need to pay for it! Oh and yeah I kicked her out lol, I kinda hope she's lurking and reads this.
    MissD

XXX

Follow me on Twitter @Missdemeanour2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Missymissdemeanour For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for the tips. I was thinking that they would very well be customers. I just started camming full time a couple of weeks ago again and this just bugs me :/ Models should know better than to freeload and expect me to stop what I am doing to talk business. So I will take your advice ban and block! Thank you!
    I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
    ― Marilyn Monroe

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julzgulz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,347 Times in 1,931 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

Good lord, IAWTP

A group of male models on SM seem to routinely do this - pretty much exclusively the ones who foolishly categorize themselves as 'straight' (aka are just there to jerk off as exhibitionists). Ive had 2 do this to me so far on SM and am learning this is par for the course for many female performers to have to deal with - I wish them all nothing but pestilence, irritating male customers, and gangrene of the cock

(unless it is a site like MFC - the ppl claiming to be female models I usually rarely believe if they linger more than a few mins tbh but you never know)

Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I wouldnt mind the idea of another model giving my chat a quick look but dont come "hang out" with me, you gotta pay me hellur!! If your looking for advice or conversation with other cam models then guess where you should be......yes, you guessed it, right friggin' here!! lol

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bmodel84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

i lurk from time 2 time doing "research" but i never speak... maybe 1 time i spoke an tipped... but im in an out n a couple secs.. no point in convos if it dnt lead 2 pvt..
    still here.... just in another chapter..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bluexxxtasy For This Useful Post:

God/dess cherryblossomsinspring's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,708 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Yeah to me if you're in a models room than you should be under guest with no name showing. I would be horrified if my name popped up in a models room. I find that to be distracting similar to a model's name popping into your room on MFC. It's just not necessary to promote in another model's room or to even try holding a conversation with a model while she is working. I love watching gold shows but I would never interfere with

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cherryblossomsinspring For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    where the ocean meets the stars, by the bay in JA
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,970 Times in 1,894 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I totally pissed off a chica from one of my sites once who messaged me through yahoo during a really crazy moment. I dunno if she just wanted to introduce herself or something but I was in the middle of juggling a few customers and I didn't have time to chat at that very moment. She got a lil snippy, and while I did message her later on that evening to apologize if I sounded abrupt, really...wtf?
    I actually look at my fellow indy cam-chicas as my peers...we share small sites and I know from chicas that I have talked to at length that it can be great to share info, have a chat at a mutually convenient time, whatever. But to message me out of the blue and expect me to drop everything and have a conversation? Hell no. That sorta entitlement isn't cool in guys and it sure isn't ok between us just cuz we're all cammers.
    That same sentiment applies 100 000% for those of y'all who work free chat sites where you routinely juggle multiple customers at once. If someone doesn't intend to pay, they have no business distracting you from your work.
    Time is money. Full stop.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 314 Posts

Seriously, I've had girls on indy and free chat sites message me to ask for camming tips, or how to sign up etc. I always direct them to the forums and support. Like come on, it's not my job to help you sign up for a site! Plus I can't help with stuff like that even if I wanted to. That's what site support is for!

Thanks

It seems that once a day I get something like this. Yesterday was the girl who just wanted to talk, and was a model. Then before I was ending my work shift I had a supposed woman who claimed she was married with kids and was curious, so she just wanted to talk also. I told her she needed to take me to private and we could play with her curiousity and chat. She asked to see my ass, I asked for Gold and she said no. HA I love the stupid games these people play.
    ― Marilyn Monroe

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julzgulz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,018 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Missymissdemeanour View Post
    Gotta agree with whats been said already. Funnily enough I had a model in my room yesterday, claimed she used to cam on AW a few years ago and was wanting to get on again but had forgotten how to! Could I help her? Of course I am happy to help anyone out, here, because if I'm here I'm usually on a break or 'off duty' but if you want help from me whle I'm working you have to book a show so we can talk on skype or go private. When I'm working time is money and if some wants my time for whatever they need to pay for it! Oh and yeah I kicked her out lol, I kinda hope she's lurking and reads this.
    I had her too. Funny thing to say, because if she managed it before, why is she having such trouble now? I referred her to the Help Section. Pmsl.
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.