Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The BBW Camgirl Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Smiley The BBW Camgirl Thread

OK, it seems to be a common question here on SW... can I make money camming as a BBW (big, beautiful woman)? The answer, undoubtedly, is YES.

Where can I cam?
    The main sites are:
    • Streamate - has it's own categories - curvy and BBW.
    • Cams.com - can anyone comment on traffic?
    • AdultWork - a predominantly UK site.

As well as camming, you can also try your hand at video clips, for which there is a huge market for BBWs. The biggest clipsite by far is Clips4Sale.com

How much can I expect to earn?

I'm sure you'd love a definite answer, but honestly, it depends on how many hours you work, how much effort you put in and what you are prepared to do. Some girls average $10 per hour, others average $50 per hour or more. It really is dependent on effort, confidence and personality. Looks? Well they say there is a customer for all of us!

Useful Threads

BBW'S DO VERY WELL ON Manyvids https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...0-Manyvids-com
    The Streamate Thread -
    http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...reamate-Thread
    The AdultWork Thread (They No Longer Accept Models From The US 2018 )- http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...ultWork-Thread
    The MyFreeCams Thread - http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...reeCams-Thread

The Clips4Sale Thread - http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...ps4Sale-Thread

BBWs on Streamate - http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...&highlight=bbw
    BBWs Making $1000 a week - http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...&highlight=bbw

How to do a search on StripperWeb - http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...on-Stripperweb

Plus Sized Lingerie & Cam Wear

BigGalsLingerie.com (I mainly shop at H&C but they have super cheap stockings here)
    HipsandCurves.com (If you want quality, go here)
    Torrid.com (Quality is eh, sometimes they have cute stuff)
    GreatGlam.com (If you like the clubwear/girl next door/fully dressed look on cam or for clips they have cute plus size and reg sized dresses, skirts, and shirts)

Any questions? Anything to add? Please post!
    Last edited by PhatGirlDynomite!!!; 03-07-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: The BBW Camgirl Thread

*bump*

Ladies, anything to add?

Thanks

Very helpful for some of those questions that keep getting asked, I love that you also put directions in on HOW to search for new people who might be having issues with it! Great info

You know though, i'm still not entirely sure why the 'can I' question keeps coming up, of course you can. All you have to do is go look at some of the cam sites that you are planning on joining and see how the girls in the BBW category are doing. You will see if they are making money or not!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Great info! For those ladies out there wondering if they can do it, will they make money, etc....the only thing left to do is actually do it! You are your own person so you really have to just jump in and try it and see what works for you. Just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you and vice versa. Use your own attributes to your advantage. What do you like best about yourself? Play that up and make it work for you. Believe you are worth it and guys will too!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

-------
    Last edited by MissKatie; 02-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,079 Times in 4,068 Posts

Here is the main reasons BBWs dont make money on cam.
    !. no makeup
    2. Looks unclean
    3. Dirty feet
    4 Mess room
    5 Sits there on cam looking bored in free chat
    6 Dressed in ugly unattractive clothing.

Was totally ashamed of my genre.

I went this weekend on multiple cam sites & checked out my so-called competition. I was disgusted.... Alot of bbw gals should be ashamed. Take a bath, put on some makeup, have an upbeat personality, dance around, clean your house.

There are alot of places you can get cute lingerie.
    Lazy & dont give a fuck about your appearance & camming space is unexceptable. You want to make money then put in some effort.

I was shocked.
    But then again, keep it up & let me get all the guys money. I have no problems getting privates & earning a great living camming.

Sam
    www.Samantha38g.com

Thanks

I have to agree with Sam! It kills me to see some of these girls in free chat. Oily nasty hair, no makeup, dirty fingernails with chipping off polish, looking like they rolled over in bed and turned the cam on and are bored as hell and uninterested in what they are doing. At least *TRY* to look sexy and horny!

It makes me wonder how they are making anything at all, and what makes camming worth it to them. You would thinking they would want to improve their income and not scare people away.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TM1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 365 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah, I see a lot of BBW's on Streamate looking pretty gross. Whenever guys come in my room they are like "Oh shit a nice looking bbw..." LOL Maybe that is why I was making 75 a hour last night. LOL okay I'm off my high horse now.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EvilChick1989 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

GlitteryGoddess thanks a billion for making this much needed thread for us BBWs. x
    Don't Like Me? Have A Seat With The Rest Of The Bitches And Bastards Waiting For Me To Give A Flying Fuck.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurvySweet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't understand how you can expect to make any money if you look raggedy.
    Hell ladies you don't even have to clean the whole house just clean the corner you are working in!

My problem is I am pregnant and have no energy (it's getting better slowly going into second trimester) I don't want to get dolled up... I am far too vain to go on cam without being fully made up so I am not working as much as I should.

I need to get on that!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truebebeblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 1,516 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Looking crappy on cam is like broadcasting, "Look at me, I'm lazy. I have no self-esteem!" even if that really isn't the case - it's the impression you are giving people. I am guilty of doing this before, ack - sorry! NO MORE though. Lol.

By putting some effort into your appearance you are saying, "Hey, look at me! I'm sexy and I take care of myself. Respect me. Fuck you, pay me." Haha.

I know some bigger girls have a hard time finding cute/sexy lingerie or clothes - but now you have no excuse! Teehee.

BigGalsLingerie.com (I mainly shop at H&C but they have super cheap stockings here)
    HipsandCurves.com (If you want quality, go here)
    Torrid.com (Quality is eh, sometimes they have cute stuff)
    GreatGlam.com (If you like the clubwear/girl next door/fully dressed look on cam or for clips they have cute plus size and reg sized dresses, skirts, and shirts)

Thanks

Great Links and info to add Hayden! Thanks!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TM1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 278 Posts

Frederick's of Hollywood has extended sizes and their prices are reasonable. Added bonus if there's an actual brick and mortar store at your local mall--I prefer to buy things I've tried on.
    Last edited by BlakeDahlia; 02-21-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
    "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." ~ Emma Goldman

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlakeDahlia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by TM1975 View Post
    I have to agree with Sam! It kills me to see some of these girls in free chat. Oily nasty hair, no makeup, dirty fingernails with chipping off polish, looking like they rolled over in bed and turned the cam on and are bored as hell and uninterested in what they are doing. At least *TRY* to look sexy and horny!

It makes me wonder how they are making anything at all, and what makes camming worth it to them. You would thinking they would want to improve their income and not scare people away.
    WoW I take a hour or so to get ready LOL hair, make up, out fit ,lighting cam sit up these girls need to step their game up LOL

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mimiboo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Great thread!!! I will have to check out those sites for lingerie.i just get mine from a local intimates store having an excuse to play dress up is one of my fav parts about this job. My sis rolled her eyes when i went on a makeup shopping spree. I think it is a good investment.... It's a job...and should be treated as such. And of course if you put in the work your going to make money..i mean you have tits and a vagina for heavens sake....

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaidaMarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

sam i find you to be a bit rude if you so concern about the bbw apperance why dont you help them rather than laugh at them and that goes to most of you. i see most bbw been looking better not all have the money to buy clothes and what do we care really? if we all is making 75 hr fuck why are we should be having 5 houses by now. you guy says this forum is to help others lol is all crap. sure help degrading others. my 2 cents.
    new to the cam world just here for some infotips

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jessycalove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,079 Times in 4,068 Posts

Shocked is my reaction when I went & checked out other bbw's on cam sites. To me being unclean, messy background & putting no EFFORT in is unprofessional & disgusting. NO MODELS feet should be black with dirt.

Obviously, from others posting on here I am not the only one to notice this behavior among the bbw niche on cam.

This is a job. Wearing cute & sexy outfits is a job requirement. How is it, I can make an outfit for about $5 & bank on it. So not being able to afford it is NO excuse.

It is cheap to be clean.

Many times I have responded to models who asked me for help. I have never denied anyone help on here, or in person, or where ever they contacted me. But I am not going to approach them & call them out personally for that kind of stuff, that is being mean.

I did NOT name names, I am sure they are aware of who they are.

I do see many bbw's in general complaining about not making money with camming. The very ones guilty of this behavior, hmmm.

Do I make money camming?Yes Will I feel guilty about it? NO Do I spend hours marketing daily? YES Do I spend a couple hours prepping for my shows? YES

Tired of the new bbw's assuming that bbw's dont make money when they come on this board. That we can't compete with the skinnier models.

It cost nothing to clean a messy place.

To be fun & active on camera cost NOTHING!

Smooches,
    Sam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessycalove View Post
    sam i find you to be a bit rude if you so concern about the bbw apperance why dont you help them rather than laugh at them and that goes to most of you. i see most bbw been looking better not all have the money to buy clothes and what do we care really? if we all is making 75 hr fuck why are we should be having 5 houses by now. you guy says this forum is to help others lol is all crap. sure help degrading others. my 2 cents.
    Nothing that I mentioned in my post was calling anyone out or being rude.

The things that I said are common sense as are the things that Sam said. My post was just saying, "Hey, clean yourself up before you go on cam, wash your hair and the rest of your body and at least put an effort into YOUR business."

Now is this my business to say this? Yes, I think it is when so many girls are coming here asking if they will make money as a BBW. I make money as a BBW, it doesn't take much. You don't have to buy a ton of things to cam. Most guys are not going to spend money on someone who doesn't at least clean themselves a little. I mean who wants to watch someone play with their pussy and tits when their fingernails are full of dirt and grime? When their hair looks like an oil slick?

I was by no means trying to be rude. I still want to know what makes camming worth it to the women who look like this on cam? They obviously don't look happy.

I'm sorry if my post offended you or anyone else. But I am not sorry for my post. I hope that if any of those girls who go to work (cam) looking like this, read my post and learn and change from it.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TM1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,491 Times in 1,714 Posts

I know the title of this thread is 'BBW Camgirl', but can understand if people may take offense with some of the above. What is maybe being overlooked is that it is not just certain BBW who don't take care of their appearance. I'm sure we'll all seen skinny girls looking like they just crawled out from under a hedge. Making the most of our appearance goes for everyone!
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl2011 View Post
    I agree not everyone can afford to buy certain clothes but do you hair, shit smooth it back into a ponytail, wash your face and clean your nails. That's stuff you can do for free. I don't know why anyone would bring their ass on cam looking like hell. Ewww who would want to see pussy from someone that looks dirty.
    You can buy some make up at the dollar store and you can go to the goodwill store to get some cute things to wear, as the saying goes ,if there is a will there is a way
    Last edited by mimiboo69; 11-24-2012 at 07:26 AM.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mimiboo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by mimiboo69 View Post
    You can buy some make up at the dollar store and you can go to the goodwill store to get some cute things to wear, as the saying goes ,if there is a will there is a why
    Hey look, I'm a BBW on SM and when I first started I had no lingerie at all, no sexy stockings or really nice heels. I made damn sure though that my hair and makeup was done and my toenails were painted. I threw together matching bras/panties...any and everything I could put together that I could make sexy and cute. I had to work with what I had. But with that effort came good $$$ and now I have been able to slowly add to the wardrobe etc. There is no damn excuse for the laziness. Oh, and yes what guy wants to pay to see a dirty, greasy pussy?

Just sayin'

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to badcompany For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badcompany View Post
    Hey look, I'm a BBW on SM and when I first started I had no lingerie at all, no sexy stockings or really nice heels. I made damn sure though that my hair and makeup was done and my toenails were painted. I threw together matching bras/panties...any and everything I could put together that I could make sexy and cute. I had to work with what I had. But with that effort came good $$$ and now I have been able to slowly add to the wardrobe etc. There is no damn excuse for the laziness. Oh, and yes what guy wants to pay to see a dirty, greasy pussy?

Just sayin'
    well i see usa girls skinny ones look all drug out and no make up and messy room so bbw is not the only one and futher more why you guys care lol is not like you roomates with these ladies, seriously get over yourselves.
    new to the cam world just here for some infotips

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 1,516 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quote Originally Posted by jessycalove View Post
    sam you cam is terrible and laggy i seen you before plus you no better than any of the bbw there .
    LOL You sure are a snot. Either you are someone coming here to start crap or you got some beef/took offensive to this thread. Either way I'm reporting this post. So knock it off.

Sam is awesome at what she does and she does it well. She is also correct in what she said in her above posts - we are talking about BBWs in this thread so it was brought up that a lot of girls look sloppy - which is totally true! Of course (!) there are skinny girls who get on looking sloppy, but this is a BBW thread, so pointing that out was going off topic.

There is NO reason why this thread should be going downhill like this, so shame on you jesscaylove, you little snot. People need grow a spine, understand what is being said and if you can't handle it, GO ELSEWHERE.

/threadjack over.

Back to a positive thread, please. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 681 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

To keep this thread going in the right direction, I thought I'd share some things that I personally do. Most of these could apply to everyone, not just BBWs though.
    -I always cam with a relatively clear background (aside from my toys and maybe a pillow or two)
    -I have ridiculously unruly hair, so I always try to keep it styled, or straightened
    - I'm always polite and friendly in free chat, but unless I'm in a ridiculously good mood, I don't go out of my way to put on a show while I'm there. However, I'm always courteous, greet each guest, and speak to anyone who speaks to me.
    - If I have a customer that is a bbw fetishist, I take extra time stripping and playing up my curves. They love it
    -A big one I think is that you will occasionally get an insult thrown your way. I've only ever had a couple, but it does happen, just don't let it bother you. There is always that asshole that will insult a girl for whatever he can find. (Too skinny, too fat, doesn't like her hair colour, etc)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

I also have seen a lot of BBWs get on cam kinda slapdashed looking. Sometimes even the cams are just crap.
    You can get an HD cam for $45. It's worth it to spend the money.
    As someone mentioned earlier...I also started off with very little sexy things to wear on cam. As time went on I started collecting things and even getting some hand-me-downs. I now try and get a new piece or two from Target every once in a while or tell my followers that I dig hipsandcurves gift cards.

There are girls way bigger than me who make more money so it's absolutely possible. I'm more curvy/voluptuous but still fill a niche.
    Over the years I've gone out of my way to make the area I cam in (although I sit at a desk) still look interesting and inviting. I stick all my toys in plain site, I always dress up or go for some kind of theme and if I don't feel up to camming I don't do it because I can tell it affects my mood and the outcome of my shows.

It's easy to find plus size lingerie...really easy. You don't have to put on that much makeup but looking like you at least made an effort REALLY helps.
    There are a lot of models who sell some sets they have used in photos. I've bought a few that way (sans undies, sorry...that's too much).
    I've also found that being engaging with your audience and teasing just the right way can help so much. Be as confident with your curves...try to be more into it that the viewer...that will almost guarantee a show.

And the only time I could see dirty feet working is for fetishes but that's really only video/clip content.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LolaBohemia For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast