Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity.

  1. #1
    Featured Member Incantatious's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks
    5,214
    Thanked 8,259 Times in 1,351 Posts

    Default A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity.

    The recent responses of this thread prompted me to make this, but this also strongly applies to the seemingly relentless and constant hysteria about Streamate being "dead"... This shiz is so important I felt it deserved it's own stand-alone thread.

    First off, I want to say I make good money off the smallest niches, and just for the record I don't do 'extreme' stuff. At all. I don't even use toys.
    I get guys who come to me because so many girls think that following the crowd will get them popular. Guys come to me relieved that that I'm different. Why? Because if there are a shit-ton of girls in an incredibly huge group, all with the same niche, it's both harder for the performers to compete in such a large field of other ladies, and the guys who DON'T want to see that niche have a hard time finding what they actually do want.

    An example: Now, I don't know how much BBW's make averagely, but I'm betting it's a lot. (You big sex goddesses, tell me if I'm wrong about this!) But what boggles my mind is that there are probably so many girls who would think they aren't cut out for camming because they aren't slender, thinking that all guys like skinny chicks. In the US or UK, there are generally more curvy women than lean women, but where are they all?! I despair to think it's because they don't feel they could make money!

    There are currently 700 performers on Streamate who say they do anal. There are just 88 performers on Streamate who are listed as curvy, and just 30 as BBW.

    I'm betting that more women put that they do anal because they think it'll make them more money.
    I'm betting that more women are trying to steer away from listing themselves as curvy or BBW because they think it'll make them less money than slender girls.
    I'm betting that curvy and BBW's make money more consistently than those who say they do anal.

    I'm not saying there's any correlation between these two niches as niches, but what I am saying is rather than trying to alter either yourself or your preferences, trying to fit into a category which is already jam-packed full of other performers, it's easier and much more beneficial to your income to accept who you are and your expertise, and walk into an emptier (seemingly less popular) room and dazzle it.

    Getting popular on Streamate doesn't mean that you need to change up your whole game-plan to uncomfortable levels in terms of which fetishes you cater to. This means if you see top girls doing some crazy shit, you don't need to follow suit to make bank. Why? Because, just like us, not all men have the same fetish, (and these fetishes cannot be altered in any sense of like: "Ooh, what's 'in fashion' for sex these days?" Do you think your sexual fetishes could just change on a whim depending on what seems to be "trending" lately?) and the more girls there are doing this certain thing, the harder it'll be for guys who don't want to that, to find and get what they want. And the harder it is for guys to get what they want, the more likely they may be to pay well for it.

    Currently, I do not think there relatively are many girls who do very, very extreme shows. This is why you see extreme stuff getting to the front page. They hone their niche and capital in on that. There are guys who want to see that. But not all of them do!

    Take what you're good at, and stick to your guns. Check out the niches at the left-hand side of the Streamate page and think about which one's you really fit into. Are you a BBW? Ebony? Asian? How do you keep your pussy hair? Do you use outfits? Whatever it is you most possess and prefer, capitalize in on that. Shout it from the Streamate roof-tops! Put it in your tag-line, put it in your profile descriptions. Change your profile pic to display that fetish as best you can. If you're not on Streamate yet but are thinking of joining, reference the niche in your username. Put it in your room topic. Chat to guys about it. They will come to you for it!

    Don't let yourself fall into a grey area. Be as black and white as possible when it comes to what you are and what you do. If you're different, in any way, shape or form, and whether you like that difference or not, be damn fucking proud of it because it's what will make you BANK. If you hate anal but do it because you think so many guys like it, don't tick that "anal penetration" box. You don't have to tick it! Concentrate on your real sexual abilities. If you feel lost, think about what your fetishes are. What do you think about when you get off? If you have a fetish for a certain kind of roleplay, chances are you will be good at that kind of roleplay (because it has been exercised through time because it's what works for you and is what you think about when you get off) and can impart all of that prowess on your clients.

    I don't believe for one moment that Streamate will ever turn into this one-dimensional hub of hardcore pussy-pounding. Why? Because that would mean Streamate would turn into a camsite which caters to only a few niches when they could be making a lot of money from so many, many more. They already do, it's just that so many performers lately are talking about not making money and despairing over not fitting into extreme stuff. You don't need to do that. My fanbase wants me to stay. Your fanbase wants you to stay. Would they have you any other way? Would the guys who pay up for your services and what you distinctly offer, prefer you if you completely changed?! No way.
    You just need to figure out what makes you different, what your fanbase love about you, what your expertise is, and capital in on it.

    Stay strong my darling epic sex-faces. x





  2. #2
    God/dess SarahTime's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 13,680 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Good post. I don't understand this hysteria over SM sucking lately, but that's just me.

    Great advice though, take what you are good at and work it!
    xoxo ~ Sarah




  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 163 Times in 62 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    I am waiting to get approved on SM and only been camming for 3 weeks. Thanks for this post I love it!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to sexywinter For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    God/dess CourtneyRaine's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,326
    Thanks
    9,085
    Thanked 7,116 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    I agree with a lot of what is said in this post. It is important to know what you're good at, make it your niche, and push it so that the customers who want it know where to find it and know you can give it to them. I agree that you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with and you can still earn a decent amount.

    However, I do feel that the supply and demand ratio on SM has definitely been shifting and that isn't necessarily a good thing. Just look at how many girls come to these threads daily who've just signed up for SM or are about to. It seems the new model category is fuller than I've ever seen it. There's an influx of models, but it's not being balanced out by an influx in paying traffic. If anything, most of us have reported noticing that non-paying traffic is in fact increasing, but how does that help us? Yes, you can convert non-paying guys into paying customers. However, because many models are now doing nude and otherwise explicit shows in free chat, there's not much incentive for your typical non-paying viewer to convert to a paying customer when there's nudity all over the place. Of course some guys know exactly what they are looking for and will still pay for exactly what they want, that's where the emphasis on niche promoting comes in, but let's be real: is every guy who goes on SM going to be willing to search for and then pay fairly for *exactly* he wants? Probably not. If cheap or free is right in front of his face, I suspect your average viewer would choose that option. Especially with this economy and with the types of advertising SM has been doing, many viewers are opting not to do premium or excluive shows, or to buy them less frequently. This has been my experience, anyway.

    When I started on SM almost two years ago and browsed through other models' rooms I rarely, and I mean Rarely ever saw exposed breasts in free chat. Now when I look at the first couple of pages I almost always see vaginas being fingered and fucked. One day last week I was on SM and I watched a girl wet herself (on purpose), another girl spreading her naked asshole close up to the cam, two naked girls on a couch making out and fingering each other, and a lady giving her husband a blow job. All in free chat. So unless you've built up a relationship with him or have got something really "special" about you that he likes, why would a guy pay you to do any of these things when there's a girl a couple of rows down giving it away for free? So that's why I feel that unless you already have a good stable of regulars and/or have a very specific and in demand niche that not many other girls on the site offer, you may be likely to experience some struggles on SM.

    I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, nor am I trying to be some antagonistic pessimist who predicts the worst. SM is still a very good site and I don't think it's going to crash and burn any time soon I just feel that the culture and expectations on that site are gradually changing over there, which is why I am personally starting to transition away from it because I don't like the changes that I'm seeing so far.

  7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CourtneyRaine For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Veteran Member Lovelyx's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 230 Times in 98 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Well, I am curvy and I do anal (I check both boxes when I joined SM) not because I think will bring me more traffic, because I am one of those girls who think that slender skinny big boobs (fake or real) make more money, but I am not like that so I would not move to that area. I do anal because I like it, I dont fist or use huge toys or anything like that, cause I dont feel comfortable with it, so I dont do it, there's no price for what hurt my body or for what I dont feel comfortable, there's no price for that. But, speaking for myself (I dont have a fanbase though) but of 10 members coming to my room and interested on pvt, at least 8 of them ask for extreme hardcore stuff (hey bb got bigger toys?, hey bb fist that ass, hey sweetie pound your pussy harder!!) ofc I dont do it, and I answer politely sorry that's not my style, I will understand if you leave the pvt but I won't do it. So yes, most of the guys want extreme hardcore stuff and is not only on SM is on most webcam sites. Good that you have a fanbase not interested on hardcore extreme thing, but for people like me without regulars or fan base, I get everything and most of those guys do want hardcore, guys are so blind with porn movies (with extreme hardcore shows) that they expect to receive that on webcaming, and even if the best topmodels of all camsites do extreme hardcore, I still refused and I still and wont do it never.

    I dont show a danm on free chat, I only flash boobs for an amount of gold, but lots of guys when I said tip for request or I wont show, start to complain 'other's are doing it in free without gold, they're popular, they're making money...and bla bla bla' so I need to ban that guy, on daily basis I ban like 40 or 50 guys for this matter.

    I do understand webcaming has up and down days, and today I didn't splitcam I focus 100% on SM for 25 minutes not with the Encoder but using the HD option they provide on SM and members were like ohhh your cam is more clear did you buy a new webcam?....and I did got 3 private's in those 25 min without any hazzle, I even got private's of those were members dont talk or write or anything LOL...so maybe the problem with me is that I cannot splitcam while on SM, and I need to focus only on one site at the time since my internet upload speed sucks.

    But thanks for the suggestion :-) i do hope it helps to other girls.

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lovelyx For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    God/dess SarahTime's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 13,680 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyRaine View Post
    When I started on SM almost two years ago and browsed through other models' rooms I rarely, and I mean Rarely ever saw exposed breasts in free chat. Now when I look at the first couple of pages I almost always see vaginas being fingered and fucked. One day last week I was on SM and I watched a girl wet herself (on purpose), another girl spreading her naked asshole close up to the cam, two naked girls on a couch making out and fingering each other, and a lady giving her husband a blow job. All in free chat. So unless you've built up a relationship with him or have got something really "special" about you that he likes, why would a guy pay you to do any of these things when there's a girl a couple of rows down giving it away for free? So that's why I feel that unless you already have a good stable of regulars and/or have a very specific and in demand niche that not many other girls on the site offer, you may be likely to experience some struggles on SM.
    All of these things are not allowed in free chat and will be dealt with if you report it. I don't suggest reporting girls for silly things like displaying their twitter name, but if they are actually showing below the belt nudity or simulated sex acts in free chat, REPORT IT! That's the only way we can put an end to it.

    My perspective on this idea that there are lots of new girls flooding sites is that the vast majority of them are going to realize very quickly that this is not a get rich quick game (like they all think/hope it is) and move on. Takes a lot more than being alive with a webcam to be a successful cam girl. I personally just don't see the influx as a real threat.

    And in reply to "most" guys asking for extreme stuff.... I RARELY ever get asked for bigger toys or to fist anything. But, I don't doubt that you, Lovelyx, and many other girls do get asked these things. I think that it's not wise to put out this "most say/do this/that" image out there because camming is so incredibly individualized that it's just really hard to put a "most" label on any cam girl OR customer/surfer for that matter.

    I also think that it's a GREAT idea to focus on ONE site until you have enough experience to know how to handle split camming. I have been camming YEARS.... like... literally years... and just now about a month ago took a shot at split camming. It's NOT easy to do it right. If you are new, you are going to do much, much better by focusing your attention on ONE site. So yay for doing that Lovelyx!
    xoxo ~ Sarah




  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Banned
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,787
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 3,290 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Its supply and demand. That's why there's a lot more anal than other things. Because men request it. Its taboo. Often times their girlfriends/wives won't do it. Same with slim/slender. There's a lot more of those because its harder to achieve for many, and men want what they cannot have. Men like variety. They want the opposite of what they have at home or what they can get. This is going to vary from region to region.

    (Not saying this is about you) but just because you don't use toys, it doesn't mean you are any better than someone who does anal with toys. It doesn't matter. No one should go beyond their boundaries. I list that I do anal, use toys, etc. and 90% of my shows are cuckold or small penis humiliation. I list that I do anal (among other things) because I do it, I don't mind it, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. (You can easily fake it by the way also). Although it is not my niche. Well I guess its kind of my niche because I get asked if I've had butt implants/injections, but I don't advertise myself that way. The more you offer, the more categories you get put in. Its better that way.

    (I'll probably get hate for this but) "curvy" these days is code for a smaller BBW so there is often a smaller demand for that when compared to slim/slender. I still use curvy because I have an hourglass shape much like in the same way Old Hollywood stars like Jayne Mansfield was curvy at like 130 lbs, but I could easily use slim/slender. However, its normally only the older generation that thinks of those women as curvy compared to men say... age 25 who would think of curvy women as small BBWs. But the former is the clientele I'd like to attract. In addition, a lot of men associate slim/slender with the spinner types rather than the average weight types. So it really just depends on the image you're trying to portray for your niche.

    Your goal should be to try to capitalize on what your best features are, and translate that into a niche. If that niche is already flooded or you get lost in the crowd in that niche, don't go after that niche and find a new one.

    So think like your ideal customer (and the man that is ideally attracted to you), and then advertise yourself in a way that would make him be instantly sold on you.
    Last edited by GlamourRouge; 03-14-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: grammar

  13. #8
    Banned
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,787
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 3,290 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post
    All of these things are not allowed in free chat and will be dealt with if you report it. I don't suggest reporting girls for silly things like displaying their twitter name, but if they are actually showing below the belt nudity or simulated sex acts in free chat, REPORT IT! That's the only way we can put an end to it.
    I don't even think its worth reporting girls anymore. They instantly get their accounts back now if they call/email support and say they were behind a wall. Streamate fails to acknowledge that their "wall" is broken and/or never worked. This "wall" is what saves their asses from a legal standpoint so they don't care. They now note your account if you report any models as well.

  14. #9
    Featured Member Incantatious's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks
    5,214
    Thanked 8,259 Times in 1,351 Posts

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    There's so much in the replies for me to respond to, but I'll have to be brief!

    Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    (Not saying this is about you) but just because you don't use toys, it doesn't mean you are any better than someone who does anal with toys.
    I absolutely had to respond to this because I do take that it applies to me because I'm the one who mentioned about toys and anal in the first place. I wouldn't for one moment state that I'm in ANY way "better" than anyone else because I don't use toys. Ever. If you felt that I implied that I am, then I can't apologise enough - it truly wasn't intended. I was trying to illustrate that if you don't want to use toys or do anal, or any other thing for that matter, you don't have to, you can still make good money. I also wasn't implying that if you DO do anal or use toys, then you're breaking your personal boundaries. It's a personal boundary to me, but absolutely everybody has different boundaries.

    I was trying to illustrate this point because some camgirls feel they might have to resort to doing more hardcore stuff on Streamate because that seems to be what's popular.

    Your goal should be to try to capitalize on what your best features are, and translate that into a niche. If that niche is already flooded or you get lost in the crowd in that niche, don't go after that niche and find a new one.
    Agree, agree, AGREE!




  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Banned
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,787
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 3,290 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by Incantatious View Post
    I absolutely had to respond to this because I do take that it applies to me because I'm the one who mentioned about toys and anal in the first place. I wouldn't for one moment state that I'm in ANY way "better" than anyone else because I don't use toys. Ever. If you felt that I implied that I am, then I can't apologise enough - it truly wasn't intended. I was trying to illustrate that if you don't want to use toys or do anal, or any other thing for that matter, you don't have to, you can still make good money. I also wasn't implying that if you DO do anal or use toys, then you're breaking your personal boundaries. It's a personal boundary to me, but absolutely everybody has different boundaries.
    There were several debates about it on here before in the how-much-do-you-charge threads, as well as other started threads that bashed certain models for using toys and using big toys that were removed. I was referring to all of that as a whole.

  17. #11
    Featured Member Incantatious's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks
    5,214
    Thanked 8,259 Times in 1,351 Posts

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    There were several debates about it on here before in the how-much-do-you-charge threads, as well as other started threads that bashed certain models for using toys and using big toys that were removed. I was referring to all of that as a whole.
    Gahh, I see! Point taken!

    Models bashing models sucks big dildo...




  18. #12
    God/dess CourtneyRaine's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,326
    Thanks
    9,085
    Thanked 7,116 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    You know, Sarah, I think you might be right about reporting obvious violations. I have never reported anything I've seen that goes against SM's TOS, and I thought I would only report if there is something clearly illegal (like bestiality, pedophilia, etc.). I never wanted to report other girls for being too explicit in free chat because I have the philosophy of you do you, I'll do me, and as long as you're not affecting me then I don't really care how you handle your business. BUT in a roundabout way these free shows are affecting us.

    Like you, I don't see this influx of new girls as a "threat" to me. I think a lot of them won't last because like you said, it takes time and effort to make camming work and a lot of people go into this career with unrealistic expectations. A new OR established girl who does well, who does better than me, who becomes a top performer and surpasses me- I say good for her and I'm truly glad she's making it, because her success doesn't harm me in any way. I am different from every other girl on that site, we are all different and unique, and I know there are customers out there who are looking for exactly *my* type regarless of how many other models are online while I am. How many times have you had a customer say you are "the best model on the site"? I get it pretty regularly, and I know a lot of you girls get it regularly, too- I see it in the feedback on other models' pages in the comments that their viewers leave. I in no way believe that I am the "best" model on the site, but I do believe that for a few viewers, I am the best For Them because I'm providing them with exactly what they want. Each guy is going to want something different, and so for this reason I think each of us can honestly, truly be the "best" to someone out there and make that money for being so damn awesome.

    So, to clarify, I don't think that an influx of new models is a problem. I think the problem is this increase in explicit nudity and sexual acts in free chat, and customers who see it so often that they are going to expect it from every performer and become hostile when we explain that no, that's actually Not how this site is supposed to work and we do expect to be compensated for the service we are providing. I think of the phrase, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" I think if the free public shows are eliminated and models (myself included) go back to being a little less revealing in free chat, things would be absolutely fantabulous and there wouldn't be so many girls on this "Streamate hysteria" kick (myself also included!). SM really is a wonderful site, it's my first cam site so I feel kind of devoted to them, but there's no denying that things have changed over the years and may very will continue to change, for good or for bad.

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CourtneyRaine For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    God/dess SarahTime's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 13,680 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    I don't even think its worth reporting girls anymore. They instantly get their accounts back now if they call/email support and say they were behind a wall. Streamate fails to acknowledge that their "wall" is broken and/or never worked. This "wall" is what saves their asses from a legal standpoint so they don't care. They now note your account if you report any models as well.
    I really think that the "in charge people" at Streamate know that allowing below the belt nudity or simulated sex acts in free chat is going to HURT their bottom line, not help it. And we are ALL in this to make money. I honestly do not see Streamate going all MFC on us anytime soon.

    I'm going to do a little digging about this "behind the wall" thing.... I'm curious about this...
    xoxo ~ Sarah




  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Featured Member Incantatious's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks
    5,214
    Thanked 8,259 Times in 1,351 Posts

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post
    I really think that the "in charge people" at Streamate know that allowing below the belt nudity or simulated sex acts in free chat is going to HURT their bottom line, not help it. And we are ALL in this to make money. I honestly do not see Streamate going all MFC on us anytime soon.
    *nods* Streamate of course want to make money too! If there are load of girls giving it away for free, Streamate aren't gonna make that money!
    When I see girls giving away stuff in free chat, I just see all the cash they could be making from encouraging guys to go into private, falling down the drain:
    They aren't earning from that because guys watching don't need to pay, and Streamate aren't earning the percentage she makes from going private.

    It's equally bad for both parties.

    I'm going to do a little digging about this "behind the wall" thing.... I'm curious about this...
    I don't know what this "behind the wall" stuff means. Anyone clue me in? :/




  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    loveshooks
    Guest

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    I gotta second what Sarah wrote about split-camming-it can be a great technique but may be a little overwhelming for a new cammer still learning the ropes of any given site...
    That said, there is more to big box camming than just sm. Yeah, sm is a great high paying-traffic site, but there are dozens of other alternatives. When I did big box, I loved having two sites to choose from (three at one point, before I quickly dumped IMLive)...it was nice to get an occasional change of pace, encounter new customers, show a different side of myself, etc. While it's definitely wise not to spread ourselves too thinly, relying on one site makes a chica incredibly dependent on one stream of traffic from a single source.
    Don't be afraid to explore your options...having a decent back-up site (meaning not IMLive or LJ**) is never a bad risk

    **totally my personal opinion, I hate sites that steal from chicas through unproven chargebacks

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    God/dess LAChloe's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    5,428
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 999 Posts

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post

    I'm going to do a little digging about this "behind the wall" thing.... I'm curious about this...
    I've reported one person in my whole camming career. It was one of the "behind the wall girls" who was dildoing her pussy in free chat and getting sooooo drunk she was crying in free chat. It seriously was a train wreck.

    Well, my members account was suspended. When I called in to ask why they told me they do not have the man power to deal with complaints from the models and that in order to have my account back I had to agree not to report any more models. Obviously, I agreed and not reported.

    Anyhow, I agree they know and they do not care.

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LAChloe For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Banned
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,787
    Thanks
    3,183
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 3,290 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by LAChloe View Post
    I've reported one person in my whole camming career. It was one of the "behind the wall girls" who was dildoing her pussy in free chat and getting sooooo drunk she was crying in free chat. It seriously was a train wreck.

    Well, my members account was suspended. When I called in to ask why they told me they do not have the man power to deal with complaints from the models and that in order to have my account back I had to agree not to report any more models. Obviously, I agreed and not reported.

    Anyhow, I agree they know and they do not care.
    Yep. They want you to complain so that they can punish YOU instead of the person who actually broke the rules.

    And by the way, go into any "BUT-I'M-BEHIND-A-WALL!" girls room and tell them hardcore dildo shows are not allowed and they will go OFF on you screaming about how it is allowed and the moment their account gets a 3-day-ban they will contact support and/or Liz and have their account right back up in minutes. And then it actually happens that way. lol. Then you get your account flagged with harassment charges.

    So its pointless. It only ends up hurting you and getting your account flagged. They can cross-reference members & model accounts via IP addresses, and then confirm it by cross-referencing credit card owner names on members accounts with model's real names. So its best avoided at this point TBH.


    And they may say they won't or don't want to turn into MFC, but they are only saying that for piece of mind of models. Its not the truth though. Girls are now doing anything and everything in free chat and its okay. Streamate won't publicly say its okay because they know their ass would be handed to them because the wall thing would be exposed. Girls now sell videos, pics, panties, and the like just like on MFC. Gold shows. Its headed in that direction so you either have to keep up with the trends/competition or get left behind.

  29. #18
    God/dess SarahTime's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 13,680 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Alright, this behind the wall thing.... can you guys PM me with the names of models who you say are "behind the wall" because I want to clear this myth once and for all...... if you know of a model who claims to be "behind the wall" please let me know in a PRIVATE MESSAGE

    Thanks
    xoxo ~ Sarah




  30. #19
    Featured Member Charlotteslut's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    784
    Thanks
    1,409
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 581 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    There's nothing wrong with rocking a niche look, and if you can corner a niche market then yes, you might do very well.

    However, there is a reason to strive for a more mainstream look and mainstream (for porn) talents: increased income. Yes, I know there are exceptions. But on average, everything else considered, girls that appeal to the majority of guys will make more.

    For example, I plan to drop 30 or 40lbs so I can fit into a more mainstream look and less of a bbw look. Because it sells better and I will appeal to more guys. I don't think there's anything wrong with this approach either.

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Charlotteslut For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    God/dess sammii's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,071
    Thanks
    5,793
    Thanked 4,326 Times in 1,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post
    Alright, this behind the wall thing.... can you guys PM me with the names of models who you say are "behind the wall" because I want to clear this myth once and for all...... if you know of a model who claims to be "behind the wall" please let me know in a PRIVATE MESSAGE

    Thanks
    I sent you a PM.

  33. #21
    Veteran Member Lovelyx's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 230 Times in 98 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    What is 'Behind the wall' ??? some sort of protection to a few girls on SM so they can do whatever they please on free chat and not been punished for it???? Cause this is new to me, I had saw plenty of girls there all naked in free chat, even in the 'Girls Alone - Non Nude' section, I had saw girls all naked with both legs opened one to the south one to the west....so those girls are protected because they leave enough money to SM???

  34. #22
    Veteran Member Decalyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canadaland
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 320 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Actually, I believe anyone can request to be behind the wall. The big problem though is if you are truly behind the wall, members who aren't signed in can't see you. The wall is basically a layer of "protection" so that you don't show anything to anyone they can't track. :[
    The Camgirl's Guide to Computer Health!

    Quote Originally Posted by EvelynHeartsYou View Post
    Go go gadget sympathy tips and niche fetishes!!

  35. #23
    Veteran Member Lovelyx's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 230 Times in 98 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Quote Originally Posted by Decalyn View Post
    Actually, I believe anyone can request to be behind the wall. The big problem though is if you are truly behind the wall, members who aren't signed in can't see you. The wall is basically a layer of "protection" so that you don't show anything to anyone they can't track. :[

    Ok, but if I visit any girls room (as a guest since I dont have a member account there) and I see plenty of girls full naked on free chat, they are behind the wall??? but I'm not signed in but I still see them...so or this 'behind the wall' doesnt work like it should, or they try to make us think only members signed in can see the room, or those girls aren't really behind no wall (in this case I dont know why it shouldn't be reported or why be scared to do it to avoid been flagged), or they need to put the rules clear for everybody. If the rules said non nudity from belt to down, it should apply to everyone with or without wall, cause something is fishy around here, like I said I'm just a visitor of the site, no membership, nothing and I visit rooms where girls are full naked, so where's the error??? they arent behind no wall? SM is fooling us telling us that behind the wall is allowed...or what's going on here...

  36. #24
    Veteran Member sweetgapeach's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    1,077
    Thanked 686 Times in 231 Posts

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    Hey everybody! I have not cammed since january due to some personal issues...but I wanted to speak on this "behind the wall" thing. I was in a room the other night of one of the girls who a few months ago claimed to be protected by "Vanessa and this wall." She stated to her room that night, not to me (I was just watching to see) that she recently got in trouble about showing too much in free and that she had to be extremely careful on Streamate. That she prefers MFC cause it is more leniant. So maybe being behind the wall is not THAT much of protection anyway.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetgapeach For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    God/dess SarahTime's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 13,680 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: A Positive Thread About Streamate Hysteria; Traffic, Hardcore Niches & Popularity

    I don't know who started this "behind the wall thing" but from what I have found out so far.... Streamate has absolutely no idea what that even means. And it's not just some random Streamate support person I have asked.... Still digging, will let you know more once I hear back...

    I have confirmed though that there is NO WAY you can just ask to be put "behind the wall" so you can do shows in free chat... for free. So..... if anyone is doing this they ARE breaking the rules.
    xoxo ~ Sarah




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Streamate's Response to Slowing Traffic and less paying customers.
    By CassieHeart in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
  2. What sites, besides Streamate have good traffic?
    By HighHeelHottie in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 08:41 PM
  3. Does Streamate traffic decrease for anyone else after 2AM?
    By HighHeelHottie in forum Other Work
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
  4. Hydroxycut Hardcore not working..might try AMP
    By xXDiamondXx in forum Body Business
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
  5. positive thread
    By absolutbliss in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •