Thread: Share your success stories - what made u happy in cam & which site works best for u?

Thanks

Default Share your success stories - what made u happy in cam & which site works best for u?

Hi just thought I'd share a pleasant thread for a change and hope this inspires some happiness.

Now, it may never get me rich and I know it's still early days BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE IMLIVE!!

I was worried since I didn't want to do the nudity category and then I was told I'd make next to nothing doing non-nude so I was a bit dubious.

NOW I'm so glad I decided to give it a chance! In just a couple days over a few hours I've made just under 200 dollars! Bearing in mind I had to complete my 90 mins of video chat at 0.98 a min at around 30% share (which is about 15 dollars per hour, not a lot...)

Yes, some might claim they earn more, or some might say they earn double that in one day doing nude, but I don't care about that, I'm just glad I'm generating some income.

I feel I've made a lot of friends on there already, got some top reviews and ratings, and the men are just soooo much nicer than LiveJasmin. LJ just wasn't for me. Some women make a killing on that site but I felt that the men were just too pushy, strange and mainly foreigners who wanted to "marriage with me".

I know there will be days when it is slow, I expect that, but I'm really happy that I've made some money and had some success without resorting to taking my clothes off (btw I judge no one here who does that, I just knew I couldn't).

I'm also glad that I've made some guy friends too who actually treat me like a person. The problem with LJ is, unless u are doing nude, and apart from traffic being dead in HotFlirt, is the FREE chat room. If they can see, hear and type to you, then they won't feel the need to take you to PVT chat. Instead they just hassle you, and in the end it drove me crazy, almost to the pitts of despair. I felt I wasn't respected, and I don't want to perform in a place where I'm under immense pressure.

Sure I still get the occasional guy who hassles me a bit in ImLive but if it's in PVT chat, I just waste time and still make money from him even though I tend to say "hmmmm I don't know..." knowing I won't ever get nude but all the while I'm clocking up the cash.

Anyways, just thought I'd share a success story. I'm still waiting on Streamate to approve me, so I might give that a shot too. I don't want to talk too soon, or jinx how well I'm doing, I may never become rich with this, and there will be times when it is dead, but I enjoy it and I think a lot of people need to understand that happiness is more important that money in your pocket.

So let's lighten this place up with some happy stories/memories

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emskiness For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Share your success stories - what made u happy in cam & which site works best for

That's awesome! I'm glad you found a site that works for you! It's probably one of the best feelings ever~

I recently got approved for MyFreeCams (MFC), and to be honest I was very nervous trying this site out. I've read so many negatives about it, which a lot are completely understandable (free chat nudity... free chat shows) but if it works for you, and you don't mind I say go for it! The guys on MFC are seriously, some of the friendliest I've come across. I don't feel pressured to be screwing myself with a toy all the damned time! Every once in a while you also get a very generous tipper... (which made my day today! 3500 token O_O;;

I try to be as upbeat as I am, no fake smiles or laugh, the guys are genuinely awesome with me and respectful. (surprisingly.. I know) I attract an older crowd too (my music tastes, teen looks..) so I think this has a lot to do with it. I have fun, do my things, play around, dance and I feel GREAT on the site. It HARDLY feels like I'm working! In the past three days i've made 24,763tokens (over $1,200) without a sweat off my forehead. In SM, (where I was working previously...) I had some cool peeps, but even some of them were beggars! >_< I couldn't stand it, and also the short privates and exclusives... and gold shows I feel like I'm getting ripped a new one. @[email protected] I had to put a lot of effort, for very little pay in my opinion. BUT some girls make a KILLING on there!!!
    Honestly, it just wasn't my crowd... I felt like I was super working. -_-

I also expect to be a bit slow on days too, but even then I expect to make at -least- $150+ a day, which I am more than happy with... and if more... great! The money is great but really, the CROWD attracts me to actually BE online! That, is most important. (when you actually WANT and look forward to work!!)

So I'm super happy with MFC, love the crowd, love the concept. I keep it clean, but naughty super playful, and super friendly. Woot for camming!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yumigeni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 473 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Default Re: Share your success stories - what made u happy in cam & which site works best for

Quote Originally Posted by emskiness View Post
    In just a couple days over a few hours I've made just under 200 dollars!
    Just to prepare you for the worst. I loved loved loved ImLive. I saw others complaining, but I was like: oh hell it seems to work for MEH.

First I got a few tiny chargebacks I didn't like it, but they were little so who cares? Then I had one which was more than what I had left in the pay period. I could not believe it.

I hope you won't get CBs, but they are just out of hand on that site so don't be suprised if you do.

AND you can get CBed whenever. You are never safe. Like you can get a cb in April from a show you gave in December.

And when you ask what the hell was that CB for, they either reply some copy+paste bullshit giving the definiton of CB or claiming that every site has CBs. Mofos.

That site would be so good because they have those video competitions, Hall of Fame, party themes and stuff like that but the ridiculus CBs just fuck everything up.

You can see here often this: "Don't keep your eggs in one basket". I'd add: especially don't, if that basket is ImLive.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glasses For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@yumigeni thats so awesome! Glad to hear how well you're doing I was going to try MFC out but I heard many mixed views about it, so I wanted to keep it safe and decided to go with ImLive. I still have a few quiet spells on here but I do love it!

@Glasses I'm sorry to hear about your CB but this must be down to stolen credit cards. I've worked a little bit in law and it mentions in their policy that you will never get CB. If this appears to be untrue because someone didn't like a performance etc then you could sue the actual ImLive site so I don't think it's down to them. It's likely it's down to stolen credit cards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emskiness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 473 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by emskiness View Post
    @yumigeni thats so awesome! Glad to hear how well you're doing I was going to try MFC out but I heard many mixed views about it, so I wanted to keep it safe and decided to go with ImLive. I still have a few quiet spells on here but I do love it!

@Glasses I'm sorry to hear about your CB but this must be down to stolen credit cards. I've worked a little bit in law and it mentions in their policy that you will never get CB. If this appears to be untrue because someone didn't like a performance etc then you could sue the actual ImLive site so I don't think it's down to them. It's likely it's down to stolen credit cards.

I know right? I studied law, I know the official explanation well. But just visit their own forum. They censor every shit like there was no tomorrow, but they cannot delete everything and performers always complain about CBs, small, big, huge, they are scared to let in people with strange names, people from the networks, people for exclusive, anyone who is not vip, asking on the forum before and after pvts if that name was a CB guy or not, working only on the last day of the payperiod hoping for avoiding CBs etc. There are just too many CBs to believe that it is just stolen credit cards. The best is that, sometimes performers mention the actual costumer names, and beg to ban them already, because they are just CBing CBing and CBing.
    And they pay shitty 30% and that does not cover the CBs of course. There are sites, that does not CB you ever. There are sites, which CB you occasionally but not like ImLive. On ImLive those are the rare exceptions who did not get CB or only a few dollars sometimes. Many girls feel like they can never know if they are working for free or not. And it sucks to be hit by bigger CB, when it is the money you wanted to pay for your electricity bill for example.

I wish you good luck with it, but don't turst them lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Glasses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I wish you luck there, I had an account at Imlive (Well 2) one for nude section and the other for non-nude section. At nude section when I was at the promotion period of 0.98 per/min I got asap like 50 guys on my pvt all at the same time (well not 50, but you get what I mean) plenty of traffic, it was crazy! in 40 minutes I made $50 bucks at 0.98...when the 90 minutes end and I wasn't at 0.98 anymore...traffic dies for me (Happened the same in the non-nude after 0.98 promotion ends), Traffic totally die for me there after that, I did tried putting online for a few more days..didn't make 1 single pvt more on non-nude and made on the nude section pulling teeth and with the discount code on my profile, I reach the minimum to cashout and left after that. I do hope this doesn't happens to you, just pointing out that on promotion of 0.98 pvt's are crazy on any website (even on Livejasmin nude section) after this promotion ends and you become not less than 1.99 per/min traffic decrease like 70% and pvt's too.

I know Hot FLirt of Livejasmin is a pain, guys only want to chat there, marriage you, and keep pushing if you answer to them you have a boyfriend they continue day per day coming to your room 'did you split yet with your bf???' ...not also counting the guys 'do you strip naked on pvt' ...'will you show boobs or pussy in pvt?' they do know is not allowed in hot flirt, you answer no i cant since is not allowed, and they followed with 'but other girls here in hot flirt do it' ...like come on? what do I care if other girls do it or not...

Look, in Livejasmin there is 'Soul Mates' category, this one is completely non-nude (not even underwear on pvt) this category is only for chat and talk, nothing else, you need to be very covered of clothes and never stand up of your chair. The bad thing about 'Soul Mates' of Livejasmin is that since here is only for chatting, private's are extremely cheap (the maximum you can charge is 1.99 per/min) other prices are cheaper...but in case you want to try 'Soul Mates' instead of 'Hot Flirt' you can try.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,708 Times in 3,928 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Oh yea Imlive used to be my favorite site. I worked there for 5 yrs. I started out back then at 50%... I even made it up to the #6 position once.. wow the jealousy and the games that go on there. I even met some of the people that ran that site. I worked for them at the Internexxt convention.. I think that is how it is spelt.. they are very ruthless people.. They even admitted to redirecting traffic to other hosts they like.. I used to make really good money there.. Half my income until I complained at the convention about working long hours with no mention of breaks or lunch!! me and 2 other girls. And then when i get home to find my traffic is hardly ANY! I am suspicious of any sites and try to keep a low profile because of this.. You don't wanna be a complainer.. to make a long story short! I was framed and FIRED!... a guy comes to my private on New years day.. this was back in 2008 and talks and talks and gets all curious about the site.. he talked so much about things I didn't wanna talk about i got upset and ended my pvt.. and he kept coming back.. well he was recording the whole thing to make money off me.. what do they call those guys?? affiliates or something?? that make money off blogging and referrals.. so yea! I got fired because he framed me. and asked questions about the owners of the sites and i mentioned those things about the convention..LOL... they are total scheisters! I would be VERY careful if you work on there.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T COMPLAIN.. KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymous camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@anonymous camgirl AND @lovelyX that's bad anonymouscamgirl, sorry it happened to you to both of you: tbh I'm only doing these cam sites to save up for a deposit for an amazing course to help my dancing career (I'm a dance teacher) and I have a gorgeous little boy to look after so it's hard for me to find the time to log on. I generally go on of an evening and sometimes it's a bit slow so I am considering adding another category (yes a nude one!)

I know girls are telling me "you'll never make money if you dont take off your clothes" but no one seems to get that camming isn't a career for me, it's just something I enjoy doing for a big of extra money to move up my career ladder. I know this could be a great chosen career, but it's not for me, espesh as I'm not really into the whole masturbating-on-cam thing. I've spoken to my hubby about doing nude but it's only to generate some extra income because I really don't want to miss out on this course!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emskiness For This Useful Post: