Thread: advice for camming with a macbook?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Default advice for camming with a macbook?

Hey there, I recently got my long wanted Macbook, and i switched over from pc so im a bit new to using them. i had an ibook g4 back several years ago but a lot has changed, so i basically consider myself to be all new to this once again.

-it seems the YIM and skype clients dont work as well on a macbook, when i switched from pc to mac, all my old blocked contacts are now for some reason unblocked. i had A LOT of people blocked and now im having to do it all over. it even seems that sometimes it doesnt want to block them, which is not good in this line of work. any advice on that end or about pc vs mac functionality that i should be aware of?

this is my main gripe at the moment but i would love any advice, tips or tricks related to camming, pics, or vids that you can think of that would be helpful.

i do still have my windows laptop and im going to use that for when im camming if i need to for certain sites. ive been taking a week break since i got it and havent tried my logi 9000 yet with it, im hoping itll work but if not, no biggies i guess. the pro has a good camera.

sorry this thread is so vague, i dont really know what to ask for advice about hence the "if you have something that i should know related to this just throw it out there" vibe to it but im sure theres tricks that would be useful to know.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,579 Times in 1,955 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default Re: advice for camming with a macbook?

I don't use a mac, but there is actually a group on here that is called "cam girls using a mac" (or something like that...) So I'm thinking that the discussions there would give you lots of info! : )
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

OnlyFans.com/ScarlettMoore

Follow me on twitter! @MissScarlettM

Hear me ramble about random things:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

oh thanks, ive actually never took a look at the groups section in the 7 years ive been off and on here! lol.

but really im open to any advice even if it isnt related to camming. i did do a search and didnt find a whole lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 690 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I only use my mac.

I highly recommend switching over to a camcorder when you can afford it. Or when you get a whale that will buy you one . I am probably going to be the only on here that will tell you this, but I don't generally like the logitech line of products. Well they do help out if your lighting is bad, but that's about it. I have the Sony EviD-100 and two Sony Handycams as well as the logitech 9000 and logitech orbit. Oh and then there is the built in webcam on my mac. These are just things I have bought over the years or gotten as gifts. Infact one of my clients gave me this http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...52921666415426

I would not bother running bootcamp, I would not want my hardware damaged by any viruses.

Justcamit (adultwork) is flash based and works better then the software for PC. You just click on the link to get it started.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,932 Times in 5,980 Posts

I use my MacBook Pro for camming. The built in webcam is not very good so I got the Logitech C910 and it's so much better. Make sure your internet connection is good. That's vital to camming.
    "The more money I make the more Republican I get."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

yep i have a 90 dollar internet package so its pretty good.