+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strip club bucket list

Thanks

Default Strip club bucket list

You know how there are all these bucket lists? Like the seven wonders of the world, or the seven new wonders of the world, see every major league baseball park, top 10 world landmarks, etc.

What are the top 10 strip clubs in the US? I want a SC bucket list. If there isn't one, let's create it.

>;-)>

Anyone have any suggestions to add to it? Poll for men and ladies alike.

Thanks

Default Re: Strip club bucket list

Well, don't know if I can write 10 "bucket list ones". I have my personal favorites in my own area, but here are a couple that might be readily agreed with around the country:

1) Masters in Myrtle Beach, SC -- last visited 2003 had crazy 20+ foot poles and very nice affectionate girls
    2) Sapphire in Las Vegas, NV -- was called the largest SC in the world - went there with an SW gathering in June, 2006

-- Personal faves in my own area (and that I go to whenever in get the chance):

Mario's Showplace in Webster, MA - the best bang for your buck in Mass
    Club Desire in Providence, RI -- currently the best in my book in RI
    Electric Blue in Tolland, Ct -- very open club often great girls

-- Others

Johnny A's Hitching Post in Paterson, NJ -- although I had a weird experience there, the
    women are very hot, and I think it was because I had a limited amount of time. Visited this year.

Lipstixx in Tampa, Fl -- depending on what your into, it has a "vault"
    for a private room -- you get the idea visited in 2009 or so

-- Places that suck for strip clubbing

New Hampshire
    Baltimore

Sad
    Blonde jokes are two lines long so that men can understand them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sadbuttrue For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for getting the list started. I am already making travel plans. ;-)

Someone was telling me about a NYC club today and how amazing NYC clubs are. I think we need a NYC club on the bucket list. Now which club is the best in NYC? I am going to scour review boards.

Thanks

[deleted because I broke the rules]
    Last edited by Jing-Qi-Shen; 04-19-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Blog Entries

A few pointers, JQS:

1) While an interesting academic exercise, T10 lists are a rather specious undertaking in that any group of people have different ideas on what makes a club great. Some people want hot dancers with posh accomodations, while some simply want a non - pretentious neighborhood bar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Mary's and Sapphires ( 2 clubs on list ) are worlds apart on size, accomodations, and atmosphere. WORLDS APART..

2) Survey is dated in that Hot Lap Dance club has been closed for a while.

As for other websites, Tuscl has a T100 list, based on scores from actual reviewers. ( Unlike source for list you presented- probably a reporter who has far less experience in clubbing than most Tuscl reviewers, or even bluesiders here.) Even that list has variances amoung the clubs ( fancy vs economical, etc.)
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

Thanks

I think worlds apart is OK. I'm really looking for the Meccas or ones you just have to visit.

Figures that I find outdated material. So what do you think are the clubs that someone must visit in their lifetime?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,262 Times in 2,199 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Jing-Qi-Shen View Post
    OK, Strip Club fans...

Here is what I could dig up from a couple quick Internet searches. Many top lists have most of the same clubs, which is pretty cool. Askmen, Men's Fitness, Off Track Planet, I even used TUSCL for reference. There are some differences. So here is my best, first attempt on a top list. An International and a USA list. For sorting purposes, the clubs repeated the most are at the top of the list.

What do you think? Any we should we remove or add?

Sorry but it is against forum rules, and copyright law, for you to cut and paste material from other websites onto this site. Links are acceptable, direct quotes are not. I'm giving you 24 hours to edit your post or I will have to take it down.

Secondly, Consider your sources Jing. The internet is full of "information" but very little of it is authenticated. As an example, Howard Stern does not have his own private room in any strip club anywhere. He's married to a model and rarely goes out at all much less to strip clubs. Years ago he did party at Scores NY on occasion and was offered the club's private room during those visits as a courtesy...and also so that he would talk about the club on his radio show the next day. That was years ago...

"lists" in general are fairly meaningless. I'm mostly a day time customer for instance so any club (like Scores) that isn't open during the day is of no use to me no matter who else says it's great. If, as an exercise, you want to compile some sort of list of places you want to visit that's fine but you are going to have to re-think your approach and stay within legal confines...

As minnow mentioned, TUSCL is a very reliable source for info as the folks that write reviews are regular strip club customers.

As far as places that you MUST go, A visit to Cheaters in Providence RI is something that any serious strip club junkie should consider doing at least once in his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine View Post
    yoda, I want you so bad it aches in the swimsuit area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia_Starina View Post
    Sophia_Starina is a sensible stripper...Naked all the way.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Double team! 2 latinas with big tits!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    I'm giving you 24 hours to edit your post or I will have to take it down.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by minnow View Post
    A few pointers, JQS:

As for other websites, Tuscl has a T100 list, based on scores from actual reviewers.
    TUSCL is a very reliable source for info as the folks that write reviews are regular strip club customers...As far as places that you MUST go, A visit to Cheaters in Providence RI..
    Thanks for naming a club. I will add it to the list. As far as TUSCL, I think I didn't relay the point and somehow missed the boat. I can no doubt find a respected travel review site to tell me the most popular tourist destinations, but that won't tell me what the 7 (or 8 now) Wonders of the World are. I know nothing about SC lore: what is the oldest, the largest, the most famous, the most infamous, ...

The last two posts have been more negative than positive, and this thread was just trying to have a little fun. We can let it die.

This is not the thread you are looking for. Move along. Move along.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

This is a message board Jing, not your personal blog. Anyone who wants to comment on a thread is welcome to and in any way that they choose as long as there are no rules being violated.

Strip clubs are about different things to different people but this board is a place for reality-based conversation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 1,164 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

As far as places that you MUST go, A visit to Cheaters in Providence RI is something that any serious strip club junkie should consider doing at least once in his life.
    Well, if you are going to go in that direction, you might as well add Harry Os (Stamford, CT), Pleasant Moments (Bridgeport, CT), and Lady Godiva (Greenville, SC) to that list. Any one of these three makes Cheaters look positively high brow by comparison.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

LMAO! I actually remember when Cheaters was pretty calm compared to the clubs in Bridgeport! I stopped going to B-port clubs when they started raiding them a few years back...

Interestingly my bucket list would be more about curiosity and shock value than bootie bang-for-the-buck. Over the years I've had several dancers ask me to take them to Cheaters just so they could see what it was really like in their. It's not a "strippers night out" kind of club but the girls who have only heard about it are very curious...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Interestingly my bucket list would be more about curiosity and shock value than bootie bang-for-the-buck.
    LOL. Fair enough and I find myself in the same boat. The clubs that used to interest me in my early 30s, like Harry Os, R Place (I bet you remember that place) and others of a similar ilk just aren't what I want anymore. Cheaters actually used to be the best of all worlds, a semi-legit club that was the go-to spot for a great finish to a night clubbing in Providence. But now Cheaters is barely any better than the other clubs that I just mentioned.

Thanks

I was surprised at Yoda's response being Cheaters, but I never thought of approaching it from the negative sense. My ATF came from there, though, back in the late 90s when it wasn't so over the top.

I tried the Bridgeport clubs in of my club state tours and not one of them kept my interest for more than a half hour (and that was because one dancer kept me hanging while she continued to chat with .. no idea .. so I left) .. Icck!

Ahh.. an interesting one I posted about on another board is Steppin' Out in Jay, Maine if you are ever out in the podunk direction which seems to embrace what you might call a huge cabaret in a big open area and was fun.

Sad
    Blonde jokes are two lines long so that men can understand them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue View Post
    I was surprised at Yoda's response being Cheaters, but I never thought of approaching it from the negative sense. My ATF came from there, though, back in the late 90s when it wasn't so over the top.
    LOL, well, as I said, my list is based more on shock value...

I can name ten clubs within 50 miles of my house where I can go see beautiful women, buy dances and be entertained. That's all I'm looking for in a strip club and I don't need to go on a world-wide search to find it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

From my travels around the US, there are a handful of clubs that any self-respecting SC junkie should try to visit, at least once if you're in the area. Also, my list is short but in most cases if there's one great club in a city, there are usually many more, i.e. Houston, Vegas, Phoenix

Here are my recommendations:

Treasures - Houston, TX
    BabyDolls - Dallas, TX
    Mons Venus - Tampa, FL
    Spearmint Rhino - Las Vegas, NV
    HiLiter - Phoenix, AZ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to azdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Someone was telling me about a NYC club today and how amazing NYC clubs are. I think we need a NYC club on the bucket list. Now which club is the best in NYC? I am going to scour review boards.
    Well, they can be incredible, in a "I should have brought a lot more than the $300 that I just spent in an hour" kinda' way.

Now the good news is that, in many NYC club, the LDs are still just $20 per song. The bad news is that the drinks are also close to $20 a pop and one-hour VIP experiences cost more than some people take home in a week. I will not go into a VIP room in Manhattan out of the sheer principle of it, though I will admit that I was tempted a couple of times over the years. And yes, you can go to a number of Manhattan clubs and see beautiful and sophisticated women, many of them from a variety of European countries but plenty of them also home grown.

I much prefer Queens to Manhattan myself. Gallagher 2000 is a great option if you are looking to see some beautiful girls - many of them Russian - and actually enjoy a reasonably priced VIP trip. Now it is still expensive to sit there in comparison to clubs in many other areas of the country, with high drink prices and seemingly never-ending 3-girl tip walks, but it is still a much better deal than most Manhattan club, particularly if you have a VIP trip on the mind.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Well, they can be incredible, in a "I should have brought a lot more than the $300 that I just spent in an hour" kinda' way.

Now the good news is that, in many NYC club, the LDs are still just $20 per song. The bad news is that the drinks are also close to $20 a pop and one-hour VIP experiences cost more than some people take home in a week.
    Indeed. You could even say that Manhattan clubs should be a distinct self-standing category.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

When in L.A.,visit 4Play.
    Most beautiful women that you can imagine.
    But your wallet's gonna feel a deep sting.

There is WAAAAY more mileage to be had elsewhere (primarily COI), but if you had only one club to visit for sheer Playboy-like eye-candy appeal, 4Play would be the place.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lopaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Blog Entries

<<snip>>>
    Thanks for naming a club. I will add it to the list. As far as TUSCL, I think I didn't relay the point and somehow missed the boat. I can no doubt find a respected travel review site to tell me the most popular tourist destinations, but that won't tell me what the 7 (or 8 now) Wonders of the World are. I know nothing about SC lore: what is the oldest, the largest, the most famous, the most infamous, ...

The last two posts have been more negative than positive, and this thread was just trying to have a little fun. We can let it die.

This is not the thread you are looking for. Move along. Move along.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^

JQS- OK, I like to have fun. I travel a lot. As such, I'm a bona fide travel consultant. I have some ideas, but feel the need to charge you a "consultant fee", payable in cash (USD).

Seriously, JQS, we're not mind readers. With all the questions you've been asking in various posts, I have some for you: 1) How long have you been going to stripclubs ? 2) What are your top 3 fave clubs, and what did you specifically like about them ? 3) What do you feel has been missing from your stripclub experience ?

If you can answer those, along with the things that you value the most, I (and likely others) can give you a more meaningful list. Are you looking for a large club ? Most beautiful dancers ? A fancy dinner ? Feature performers ? Distinct interior or exterior feature ? Big city high population clubs ? Or "local" small town type clubs with unique local flavor ?

You appear to be from St. Louis. I can say that for several clubgoers, the ESL (East St. Louis ) clubs would be on their wishlist.
    Last edited by minnow; 04-30-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: addendum

Thanks

JQS- OK, I like to have fun. I travel a lot. As such, I'm a bona fide travel consultant. I have some ideas, but feel the need to charge you a "consultant fee", payable in cash (USD).
    I've done a lot of traveling, too. One thing I didn't do enough of was go to SCs. I've been all over the world. I only discovered going to SCs alone in the last eight years. Prior to that, when I did all my traveling, I only went in groups. My coworkers always viewed going as negative, so I didn't indulge myself. I'll never forget not going in Tokyo. Jerks. We were in the district and everything, girls walking up to us handing us pamphlets and they wouldn't go in... but I digress. Those days are gone. I would rather go alone, now. lol.

Seriously, JQS, we're not mind readers
    True, but the questions are vague because the answers are unknown. Even when I have an idea of what I am looking for, I may not qualify too much because I like how others interprest questions and discussions. I like the varied perceptions.

So answer however you feel works for you. I am a sponge, thirsting for everything.

With all the questions you've been asking in various posts, I have some for you
    For some reason I am thrilled you asked.

1) How long have you been going to stripclubs ?
    Compared to this board, I am just a virgin. For me, this is more about frequency than length of time. I've been to SCs before it was legal, but I didn't go very often. Usually in groups. I would guess the answers are somewhere around...

- in groups or with other couples: a few dozen times
    - with my wife: a dozen times
    - by myself: once

I distinguish this because it changes the focus. When we go in groups, it's all about sex and naked girls, when my wife and I go together it's about the two of us and inviting someone to a part of that, and when I am by myself, it is all about the girl.

2) What are your top 3 fave clubs
    I haven't been to enough to know. It depends on the crowd I am going with or the mood I am in. The merrier the party, the brighter and raucious, the better. When I want to get lost (which can happen when I go with friends but then go on my own), I like it dark. The one place where I had the best experience was this joint in KC, although I don't remember the name. It wasn't a dive, but it wasn't large. It was dimly lit, the girls were beautiful, but the place didn't make it special for me. It was all about the girl.

Around here, The Hollywood Show Club is the most popular. I am not a fan of the TVs showing porn, but it seems to be the best value for good looking girls to cost ratio.

I like PTs on couples night. My wife and I enjoyed being on the balcony, but then that's all about being watched instead of watching.

what did you specifically like about them ?
    When I wanted to leave the world behind, darker is better. I have never been to VIP or anything like that to know if it matters. When partying with friends, It
    s fun to watch the shows, like shower scenes or whatever.

3) What do you feel has been missing from your stripclub experience ?
    Frequency

Are you looking for a large club ?
    Don't know. I don't know if size makes a difference except that I think the larger the club, the deeper the talent. It's about quality over quantity unless it's a bucket list item where you have to see the biggest SC in the world.

Most beautiful dancers ?
    Always. It's about the girls.

A fancy dinner ?
    Never occured to me. I've been to a couple burlesque dinner shows when travelling but for whatever reason never translated that into a dinner SC experience.

Feature performers ?
    Not interested, or at least it hasn't, yet.

Distinct interior or exterior feature ?
    Is there something I should care about?
    Big city high population clubs ?
    I think the higher the population, the larger the talent pool. That's just a generality. I don't mind small town places.
    "local" small town type clubs with unique local flavor ?
    You hit this on the head. I am all about unique flavor, large or small. When I travel, I always seek the local eatery that locals love where I can enjoy the uniqueness of that place, meet people, experience the culture. I think there are two things people do well everywhere I have been: 1. everyone eats, and 2. all cultures express some form of prayer or worship. I always seek out local restaurants and places of worship (whether temples, churches, ruins, hillsides, etc).

Now I add SCs to the list of things I have to do wherever I go.

You appear to be from St. Louis. I can say that for several clubgoers, the ESL (East St. Louis ) clubs would be on their wishlist
    Mileage. Never occured to me the clubs might actually be good clubs. I'll have a better appreciation the more I see other clubs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Blog Entries

JQS- Am I correctly understanding you to say that you've had only ONE solo stripclub visit in 8 years ??? (Eg- "only discovered going to stripclubs alone in last 8 years.") Then further tally shows a bunch of club visits with buddies/business associates, or wife, but only one by yourself.

OK, the following bucket list will assume that you're looking to go solo, as several of your coworkers don't share your enthusiasm for stripclubs. I'll put emphasis on higher end clubs in case you're on a vacation trip with wife.

First, concerning your stated preference for dark clubs: The Spearmint Rhinos that I've been in have been practically cave dark. (Las Vegas Rhino may very well be the exception). This is a rather large chain of clubs, but the bulk of them are in Southern California. Some specialize in feature performers. Dancer attractiveness is above most clubs, but not neccesarily the best in the area.

I'll comment on azdd's 5 cities chosen with some maybe worthy additions to his choices:

HOUSTON- I've never been to Treasures, but it sounds like a good choice. A good alternative might be St. James Caberet, which isn't too far from IAH Airport. One unique feature of StJC is the exterior looks like a church.

DALLAS- azdd chose well with Baby Dolls. This is one club that gave me a cornucopia type of feeling- what with so many attractive dancers going around on 7 plus stages, bars/private dance areas on 2 different floors. BDD is one large emporium. You may not like such a large emporium, or its bright lighting. Two other Dallas area clubs with most attractive dancers would be Mens Club and Lodge. Mens Club has a pool in the back where dancers can (allegedly) sunbathe topless. I can't confirm this 100%, as I've mostly visited club in cold weather, and the 1 dancer I saw in June had 2 piece suit on. They have good lunch buffets, and Friday BBQ type parties (buffet style with cover charge). Lodge has a hunting lodge type of decor.

TAMPA- Mons Venus belongs on any must see list, with the most attractive dancers in town, IMO. 2001 Odyssey, located across the street from Mons is hard to miss, with the "Futuro House" style spaceship on top of the building, which houses some private cubicles for the higher tier (actually mid-tier) lapdance price options. Neither club is very high on formality. I have seen a few pornstars listed in iafd.com database in both clubs.

LAS VEGAS- I haven't been there in a while, and there isn't enough bandwidth to review every option here from high profile mega-club, to local dive. But Vegas is someplace that everyone ( especially those who like to watch a train wreck in slow motion ) should go to at least once in their lives.

PHOENIX- Hi Liters is a locals kind of club. On my past 2 vacations there, this club was my club of choice to go to during Happy Hour (~ 5pm -7pm). For the most attractive dancers in town, both Christies Clubs, Babes, and Bourbon Street Circus have the most attractive dancers in town. The Christies near PHX Airport allegedly has Al Capones piano on the 2nd floor. I've seen the piano, but can't vouch for its authenticity. For another unique local flavor, Great Alaskan Bush Co. (NW Grand Ave) is unique in that it has 2 clubs in 1 building- a topless alcohol serving club on left side (brighter lighting), and a nude, non-alcohol club on right side. (darker lighting). Two more unique features on nude side would be a glass - encased, 9' stuffed polar bear overlooking one of the lapdance areas, and the "stage dives". I covered a lot of previously mentioned Phoenix clubs under trip reports, about 2 years ago.

I'll post a few other cities when I'm less sleepy. Enjoy.....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to minnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,117 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

Now which club is the best in NYC?
    Which ever one I happen to be working at. :-D
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    Which ever one I happen to be working at. :-D
    No doubt!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to yoda57us For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,117 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

No doubt!

In all seriousness, I am more than happy to give him some unbiased info(as far as where there are hot chics) on some places if he PMs me.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I see tampa on the list, Miami is pretty good too. You should check out Scarletts in Hallendale (ft lauderdale area) and also near by is Tootsie's cabaret which has a large selection as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast