+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish I would just do the damn thing already!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Thumbs up I wish I would just do the damn thing already!!!

Okay ladies, I've learned so much from SW it's amazing.But I'm having a bit of a problem. I've called some clubs and asked them about their audition process,fees, and all that good stuff and I know stripping is something I definately want to do. I'm just so freakin scared I will freeze up on stage if I were to actually get hired. I took drama when I was in high school so I know what being on stage is like. But it's different this time...I'm going to be topless and in a thong! Lol I've read where some of you say that the audition is the hardest part and if you can get past that everything else is pretty much easy. Ugh I wish I wasn't so damn shy. So ladies any audition/first night tips or advice you could give me? And please not the old "Just imagine the audience in their underwear" trick lol. I'm just so ready to do this and be able to finally call myself a stripper. This is just the only obstacle. Thanks in advance ladies. By the way I'm gonna be dancing in Richmond,VA if that helps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: I wish I would just do the damn thing already!!!

Personally I'd say go out there and just do it, I was the same I'm very introverted and I just went out and did it, putting myself out of my comfort zone has made me more comfortable since! Good luck, just don't wait around for the confidence to find you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexynerdchick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,211 Times in 2,478 Posts

You really just have to force yourself the first time. Maybe have a glass of wine before you go out or something (don't get drunk, obviously).

My best advice is just to try not to take it so seriously. I know it feels serious, but really...people go to clubs to have fun! So just have fun with it. Nudity is ridiculous. You'll make money. So just laugh and fake it til you make it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was so nervous for the audition that I put it off for weeks, and then when my ex drove me to the club I begged him not to make me get out the car lol. I really did want to do it though, I was just terrified. But seriously, getting on stage is SO easy after you've done it once. When I auditioned I was sure they'd be able to see me shaking, but the minute I took my top of it just felt so natural and I was like wahoo!. You can do it, you wouldn't have spent so much time researching on here if you couldn't! The best thing to do is just set a date when you're going to go in, and go on that date, no matter what

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_McKenna For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Keep in mind, too, that there's a huge difference between whipping your top off in a regular bar and getting naked on stage. When you're in a strip club, guys are expecting you to get naked. There's no surprise when you do. There will probably be girls walking around topless like they're in a gym locker room (it really is no big deal). So that changes the vibe quite a bit. People aren't going to turn around when you start undressing like "oh my gosh!". Or maybe they will...but in a good way.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: I wish I would just do the damn thing already!!!

I would personally sat just take a deep breath and go with ir let's your hips sway with the music and your body tak.e control. Feel the music,pretend noone is there. My first day the dj intentionally put me on stage first. I closed my eyes and let the music control my movement. The dancers to this day day they dont think it was my first day. Pretend your in your room with the lights dim and your standing in front of a mirror. Start slow then imagine the person who you find attractive in the corneradmiring you wanting you but afraid to come up to you. Seduce him,make him/her want you more with the less you do. Everyone has that built in sensuality

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to milkyway For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Just do it! I finally did it, posted about it here lol. Just woke up that day and said OKAY lets goooo! I had horrible luck on the way there...I ran out of gas and was stranded at a gas station until someone gave me 5 bucks to move, my cards werent working and I had no cash. Really embarrassing and by the time I finally made it to the club I felt like I couldnt be any more embarrassed, at least customers wouldnt be yelling and glaring at me like all 10 people at the gas pump were! Lol, anywho...the naked "feeling" will go away soon because youll be so used to being naked, seeing other girls naked, itll just be a part of your normal routine. My first stage I was very nervous, but I stepped up there and took a deep breath, followed sw advice on moving slow, I cant remember what song it was I just remember thinking it sucked... but I was still shaking in my heels, the manager who hired me said I didnt look new lol. Confidence comes the more you do it, I actually love stages its definitely not the hardest part of this job!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chibii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,699 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Thanks for this thread. I am at the exact same place, just going back after a long time..there's a great thread in Stripping, I'm going to try to dig it up! Good luck hun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd also recommend trying the "baby steps" approach (stolen from What About Bob?). Pretend like you AREN'T going to go audition. But start doing stuff that you would do if you were going to go audition.

Shave.

Do your makeup.

Do your hair.

Get all sexed up...even better if it takes you a long time.

By the time you're done, you'll be much more motivated to go in...because who wants to spend an hour getting ready just to undo all of that hard work? Make sure you do this on a day that you feel SUPER confident about your appearance. You wake up in the morning and your belly has that perfectly slim "just woke up and haven't eaten" look. You have no / little acne. You feel sexy.

Then, after you get all ready, grab a cute outfit + shoes + purse, and get in your fucking car and DRIVE. Tell yourself that you still haven't committed to actually going inside the club. Just drive to the club and look at it and feel it out. By this time, you will have no choice but to go in (or, if you still chicken out, then you probably really aren't ready anyway).

One of the nice things about just starting is that there literally is NO pressure to start making hundreds of dollars a night. Try to focus on just getting comfortable with taking your clothes off stage. Don't feel like, just because you've read a few hustle threads on SW, you need to jump in there and start killing it. Have fun with it! Because really, there is nothing more silly than men paying women to strut around removing articles of clothing (seriously...think about it).

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,839 Posts

Just remember that thousands of other ladies have been in your shoes, done the audition, and gone on to make thousands of dollars - and you can be one of them too within a few short minutes.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shanna dior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I totally agree with shanna dior! Sometimes I wonder what took me so fucking long to just audition and get started....I decided that I wanted to do it, but chickened out for an entire year, stuck working my shitty job at the mall. WHen I finally did it I was so mad at myself for waiting so long! There I was in the mall, working 40+ hours per week, taking home about $500 every 2 weeks. Now I can make $500+ in a 5 hour shift! Go get it girl there's LOTS of money to be made! Not to mention, picking your own schedule, being your own boss, and not having to take shit from anyone if you don't want to!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to aperfectseal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And really, the worst that can happen is that you don't make an assload of money. Maybe you'll only make $100. That's still $100 you didn't have before! You never have to do it again if you don't want to.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,699 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    I'd also recommend trying the "baby steps" approach (stolen from What About Bob?). Pretend like you AREN'T going to go audition. But start doing stuff that you would do if you were going to go audition.

Shave.

Do your makeup.

Do your hair.

Get all sexed up...even better if it takes you a long time.

By the time you're done, you'll be much more motivated to go in...because who wants to spend an hour getting ready just to undo all of that hard work? Make sure you do this on a day that you feel SUPER confident about your appearance. You wake up in the morning and your belly has that perfectly slim "just woke up and haven't eaten" look. You have no / little acne. You feel sexy.

Then, after you get all ready, grab a cute outfit + shoes + purse, and get in your fucking car and DRIVE. Tell yourself that you still haven't committed to actually going inside the club. Just drive to the club and look at it and feel it out. By this time, you will have no choice but to go in (or, if you still chicken out, then you probably really aren't ready anyway).

One of the nice things about just starting is that there literally is NO pressure to start making hundreds of dollars a night. Try to focus on just getting comfortable with taking your clothes off stage. Don't feel like, just because you've read a few hustle threads on SW, you need to jump in there and start killing it. Have fun with it! Because really, there is nothing more silly than men paying women to strut around removing articles of clothing (seriously...think about it).
    This's GREAT!

Thanks

^ Aw, I'm glad! I know you're trying to get the confidence to jump back in, so trust me when I say that I feel you on that. For some crazy reason, even though I've stripped thousands of times, the idea of driving to a club and walking in still scares me. Which is so silly!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I still have days like that too. Most days I just walk in without even thinking about it, but every now and then I'll go in and get to my locker and be like "I have to go on stage?! *panic*" It's so weird!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Omg thank you ladies so much! I'm getting myself into the mindset like "Hey, I CAN do this!" I gotta give myself that extra little push as you all said. So ladies I'm going to see if I can go in and audition this week. I'm definately going to remember all the info you all have given me and I will definately be keeping you updated and letting you know how it goes! I feel like I can do this now So it's time for me to get this ball rolling and start making some $$$! Lol

Featured Member Mindy Bares All's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

You can do it! Just believe in yourself. Let us know what happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by lagirl View Post
    Those housewives need to stop being vain lushes and making us look like criminals

Thanks

OP, I soooo know where you're coming from. Been reading SW for months, learned a wealth of invaluable information, researched clubs in my area, picked the club I wanna work at, picked a stage name...and I'm STILL sitting at home, smh. BUT, I did call the club I was interested in today. The manager said to come in tomorrow (which I'm not going to do!), but just speaking to him prompted me to go and buy my first two stripper outfits! I'm getting closer. I would love to go in there by the end of the week. Sometimes I feel prepared and other times I feel like I would go in and make a complete fool out of myself. But thank you, charlie61 for reminding us that we really don't have to go in and immediately start making massive money. That takes *some* of the pressure off! Wish me luck!

Thanks

^ Good luck!!

And SERIOUSLY don't pressure yourself. Any money you make in the club is more than you had before. We have some big hustlers on this board, but we all started exactly where you are now! In the beginning, I was delighted to make $150/night! (Think about it...that's like 7 dances over an 8 hour period). And that was pre-recession, when the economy wasn't in the shitter!

It could also help to pretend you're an ethnographer...like you want to write a book about the inner workings of the strip club world...and you're just going in undercover to see what it's really like. Detach from the situation a bit by thinking about how you'd describe your situation in writing. Then do it for your readers! It's a silly mental game, but it works a bit for me.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Im in richmond too and having the same problem.. What club you looking at?
    the best way to a mans heart is thru his fuckin ribcage

Thanks

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that took so long to start, I'm still flirting with dancing, not totally committed. I think my worst mistake was getting out of stages every time I went in to work because now, that's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from going. I know I'm going to make money, I've had really good luck so far when I've gone. MelBelle, I was just as nervous as you if not more, I'm so shy and have confidence issues. I agree with Charlie 100% That's how I did it. My first time I went in, I went for coffee with my girl that works at the club. Well that coffee date ended up with me in the bar working it was so spontaneous and sometimes that's the best way to do it. The second time, I did EXACTLY what Charlie said but it was like subconsciously, I was at home alone one eve and got all dolled up. My girl called me out of the blue and asked me to come and I said sure and got down to the bus stop and had such a good night like reallly good!! I remember my BF and roommate came to pick me up and we went to have breakfast and I couldn't sleep I was so excited I made my rent! lol! You just have to think to yourself, that your doing this for you and that's all that matters, your beautiful and these guys are lucky to hell to have you giving them your attention because its the only place it would ever happen cause your Hot shit mama

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think you are freaking yourself out too much by over analysing the whole thing. Yes, there is lots of great info on this site but if you sit at home and read it all then you are going to freak yourself out even more... you are probably running 100 different scenarios through your head that will never even happen.

What will happen is you will do a couple of songs on stage, at the most. If you're cute and have a decent body you'll get hired. End of story. The manager is not looking for a broadway dancing star. So even if you just walk around the stage with a sexy, slow look you'll get hired. Stop stressing out so much about 5 minutes of your life. What's the worst that can happen? You don't get the job? No one will have died. Onto the next club in that case.

More importantly every day you sit around and stress about the audition and put it off you are making NO money for your time. Think about it... if you put if off for a month because you're stressing out and thinking about it constantly..... you finally go and make $2k in a week. Well that sounds great... BUT you've really only made $2k for 5 weeks work. So really not so great after all.

When I first started dancing there was no SW, hell the internet had only really just begun I called up for an audition, went for it the same day and started working that night. I think if I'd thought about it for ages I would have freaked myself out too much AND put way too much pressure on myself to do well.

Stop procrastinating. If a 2 song audition freaks you out to the point of a panic attack maybe this is not the right job for you, and I mean that in the nicest way!
    x

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Natalie Acer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Acer View Post
    I think you are freaking yourself out too much by over analysing the whole thing. Yes, there is lots of great info on this site but if you sit at home and read it all then you are going to freak yourself out even more... you are probably running 100 different scenarios through your head that will never even happen.

What will happen is you will do a couple of songs on stage, at the most. If you're cute and have a decent body you'll get hired. End of story. The manager is not looking for a broadway dancing star. So even if you just walk around the stage with a sexy, slow look you'll get hired. Stop stressing out so much about 5 minutes of your life. What's the worst that can happen? You don't get the job? No one will have died. Onto the next club in that case.

More importantly every day you sit around and stress about the audition and put it off you are making NO money for your time. Think about it... if you put if off for a month because you're stressing out and thinking about it constantly..... you finally go and make $2k in a week. Well that sounds great... BUT you've really only made $2k for 5 weeks work. So really not so great after all.

When I first started dancing there was no SW, hell the internet had only really just begun I called up for an audition, went for it the same day and started working that night. I think if I'd thought about it for ages I would have freaked myself out too much AND put way too much pressure on myself to do well.

Stop procrastinating. If a 2 song audition freaks you out to the point of a panic attack maybe this is not the right job for you, and I mean that in the nicest way!
    x
    This post is golden! I LOVE the paragraph I bolded...this is so true, but I'd never really thought of it that way before!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Thanks again ladies! I couldnt make it in for an audition because of the hours with my day job. But this weekend my schedule is CLEAR I'm gonna do this! So wish me luck. And @Poledancer21 I'm trying between Candy Bar and Pure Pleasure I'll let you ladies know how it goes!

Thanks

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast