Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

I colour my own hair with a organic hair colour I buy from a health food store and it works well on my naturally dark hair. I do my own nails and swear by Strong Nail System nail strengthening gel coat with keratin in. Really helps my short nails grow and become stronger.

I buy discounted fruit and veg after 5pm -8pm and get really good bargains so now my food shopping has cut by half by being frugal and using staples in the cupboard instead of impulse buying for the sake of it.

I have a bottle that I bought from ebay and I fill that up with filtered water and put fresh lemon wedges in to flavour the water for fitness and every day. It encourages me to drink more water.

I go to charity shops where I live and have picked up some great bargains and go to dress shops where you can sell your unwanted stuff. Ebay, V Collective etc..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camillauk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This was a great tip. I jut got a bottle of Juicy for $30!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,613 Times in 2,616 Posts

Super-shameless savings tips-

If you're moving & don't want to a do a trip to the dump, Goodwill + other charity shops have trucks that will pick up big donations (furniture) & the stores usually have a site on premises to accept boxes & bags. (Keep in mind some landlords keep deposits over items left in a dwelling after moving out date is past.)

If you live near Universities with dorms- students will often throw out new and expensive items upon leaving school when school breaks start.....they're not going to pay to ship these things home, or they don't need these things anymore. I knew a guy whose whole family cruised the dumpsters at the University of Austin Texas & got lots of nice items. (In my city it's Chinese students who throw out these things.) You're basically dumpster diving for new items/furniture.

A few of the Dollar Tree cleaning items are dupes for more expensive products, I'll have to sit down later & document which ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Amazon!

- Pack of 80 eyelashes for $10. They're not great quality, but can be reused and stay on great with high quality glue.
    - Outfits. Tons of cheap ones from China (as mentioned the shopping takes forever, but the savings are worth it).
    - Make up. I buy cheap makeup in bulk on Amazon. The only things I don't purchase are foundation and eyeshadow. Everything else comes from Amazon for cheap.
    - Learned to make homemade lattes using Amazon ingredients. Lowered my monthly Starbucks bill haha.
    - Freezing fresh ingredients in ice cube trays. Such as ginger, garlic etc. That way I'm not wasting money buying fresh when cooking and throwing most of it out.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KyliePaige For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by tinyjezebel View Post
    1. I always bring food to work.

2. If I want new outfits I usually trade with one of my friends or stock up when girls who are "retiring" are selling their outfits for dirt cheap.

3. Save all receipts. I learned my lesson after I did my taxes for last year.

4. I always do my nails myself. Also, I take really good care of my nails so I never have to use fakes. They stay naturally long and manicured.

5. Shaving = cheaper than wax

6. I'm going back to my natural hair color (long, annoying, tacky process... You have to have a certain amount of inches grown to have someone pick out a color closest to your natural, bleach it, then dye it to your color. Ugh. Never realized how slow hair grew, lol).

7. If I work at a club that ups their housefee the later you come in then I come in early (my fulltime club doesn't do that though so that usually isn't a concern).

8. I shop at Sam's Club so I buy a lot of things in bulk.

9. I buy makeup from Belks/Macys when there is a special going on or when it comes with a ton of free stuff OR I have a coupon. Sometimes I will buy makeup from Walmart/whatever IF and ONLY IF I have a really good coupon. I've gotten really good makeup for pennies on the dollar that way.

10. I sell worn out outfits to new girls

11. We have a creepy customer that comes in that will trade expensive shoes for a couple table dances. I'd rather dance for roughly 6 minutes than pay 50-100 bucks for new shoes.

12. I don't style/straighten/curl my hair so I save a ton on that. I have butt length, thick hair so I lost interest in that long ago. I don't even own a straightener, hair dryer, hair spray, etc. I sold my hair straightener and hair dryer, LOL.

13. I don't go to tanning beds or do spray tans. I didn't make more when I used to tan in comparison to just being pale so I lost motivation in tanning.

14. I will give select dancers rides home if I know they will give me gas money. My car gets excellent gas mileage so even 5 bucks is awesome but most of the time they give me ten for going out of my way which almost fills half my tank. There are only a few girls I will do this for though so it isn't exactly an every night thing.

15. If a travel to a club I normally got with another girl (one I trust) and split all costs. Also, if I know well in advance about the trip, I am good about finding deals online and the earlier you get a room the better.

Most of the things I give up most girls aren't willing to give up but the OP asked for shameless saving tips, lol.

I try to be as frugal as possible. I'm saving up for my subscision/laser treatment for my facial scarring and the surgeon is on the other side of the country from me in California... I save every damn penny.

Holy shit are you me?! I do a lot of these things.. & I love to meal prep plus its good for you.

Thanks

Re- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General etc.- they have really stepped up their game in terms of what they stock & promos/coupons. I always check there first.

I use men's deoderant & men's shaving products. They're cheaper & if you sweat hard men's deoderant works better than women's, frankly.

When I travel I will park my car & use public transit when running everyday errands. Saves stress & gasoline. Plus I get to know a city better.

I buy clothing off of Facebook groups if I can't check out consignment shops. Pennies on the dollar, frequently barely worn.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Re- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General etc.- they have really stepped up their game in terms of what they stock & promos/coupons. I always check there first.

I use men's deoderant & men's shaving products. They're cheaper & if you sweat hard men's deoderant works better than women's, frankly.

When I travel I will park my car & use public transit when running everyday errands. Saves stress & gasoline. Plus I get to know a city better.

I buy clothing off of Facebook groups if I can't check out consignment shops. Pennies on the dollar, frequently barely worn.
    Do you use unscented men's deodorant? I'm gonna have to check this out. I never really thought about it but it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopcorn View Post
    Do you use unscented men's deodorant? I'm gonna have to check this out. I never really thought about it but it makes a lot of sense.
    I just buy what's available. I have hereditary sweatiness so men's works better.

Thanks

when I get home from work I set aside money for my bills, savings, tuition, and investments. if I don't have money to buy something after that, I don't buy it.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Litch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,133 Posts

Ditto on Dollar Tree and Family Dollar. I've found Dollar Tree useful for cleaning supplies, toothpaste, mouthwash, candles, and birthday cards. For everything being only $1 there, it's pretty awesome. Also, they sell these things that are just like Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser, except at Dollar Tree they come 3 in a pack which is awesome. Family Dollar often has deals on stuff too. Thrift stores for clothes. Sometimes you can find stuff on craiglist free section, just bring a friend with you for safety reasons or public area if possible. I scored a free dresser in great condition that way and a desk. Also, if there are churches around many of them seem to have food pantries. Some of them don't even ask you for pay stub or income info, just as long as you show up on a set day and time they give free food to anyone who shows up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234