Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

Thanks

Default Shameless money saving and stripper tips

I got this Idea from cosmo. These are great little tips you've picked up along the way or things that you save money on.

1. I always do my own pedicure. I go to dollar tree and pick up white Art Deco nail polish. It comes with a skinny brush. I also buy a pumice stone. This makes it look professional while costing me almost nothing per pedicure and I can always do touch ups.

2.I buy basic black and white T-back and then buy cute/ cheap bra and underwear sets at ross and burlington instead of expensive stripper sets

3. If I do buy stripper sets I buy them on ebay from china. It takes longer to ship but its way cheaper.

4. I take advantage of the low light and only get my nails filled every 3 to 3.5 weeks

5. I show up early and get ready at the club to pay a lower house fee.

6.I always keep a cup of noodles in bag so I don't have to order food while I'm there.

7. Use Jergans daily glow in between spray tans

8. I bought this set of 3 locks for $10 at target they all have the same combo so that I always have one and I don't have to buy one from the club.http://www.eofficedirect.com/PMLK153..._campaign=base

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,100 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

I use a black sharpie on my black stilettos to color in the white plastic that peeks through from scuffing them. Why get new shoes when a little black marker can make them look brand new for another week?! LOL

I also do my own nails. Dollar tree has some cute fake ones Actually dollar tree saves me a ton of money... from baby wipes to hairspray to all those little things you need. All for a $1.

There's more but I'm blanking...lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Dollar tree for baby wipes?? /headsmack. Why didn't I think of that?

I also bring my own food, do my own nails, etc. I used to spend wayyy too much money on stripper clothes, but now that I have a sewing machine I'm making my own more often. I never, ever buy my own drinks...it helps motivate me to hustle if I'm having a bad night and want a free shot, lol.

This is an awesome thread idea. I'll be checking it out often to help me become even more of a miser.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annastasi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I second bringing your own food. I usually make a big meal before work so I won't need to eat at work and can spend more time on the floor. If I do eat, I grab something quick like a Clif bar or banana so I don't spend too much time in the dressing room and miss out on that big spender.

I pay taxes, so I save ALL of my receipts for everything. Clothes, travel (where applicable), rent for house, babywipes, etc. and keep it organized in a binder which I update monthly. If I paid cash and I didn't get a receipt, I write a note down and save that. At least this way I have a shitload of write-offs at the end of the year.

If I had a good night/week I put half of what I make into savings and I DO NOT touch it.
    Goodbye Seattle Lusty Lady, where every Miss is a Hit, and every Hit is Missed. 1985-2010.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to K Sweet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

1. I always bring food to work.

2. If I want new outfits I usually trade with one of my friends or stock up when girls who are "retiring" are selling their outfits for dirt cheap.

3. Save all receipts. I learned my lesson after I did my taxes for last year.

4. I always do my nails myself. Also, I take really good care of my nails so I never have to use fakes. They stay naturally long and manicured.

5. Shaving = cheaper than wax

6. I'm going back to my natural hair color (long, annoying, tacky process... You have to have a certain amount of inches grown to have someone pick out a color closest to your natural, bleach it, then dye it to your color. Ugh. Never realized how slow hair grew, lol).

7. If I work at a club that ups their housefee the later you come in then I come in early (my fulltime club doesn't do that though so that usually isn't a concern).

8. I shop at Sam's Club so I buy a lot of things in bulk.

9. I buy makeup from Belks/Macys when there is a special going on or when it comes with a ton of free stuff OR I have a coupon. Sometimes I will buy makeup from Walmart/whatever IF and ONLY IF I have a really good coupon. I've gotten really good makeup for pennies on the dollar that way.

10. I sell worn out outfits to new girls

11. We have a creepy customer that comes in that will trade expensive shoes for a couple table dances. I'd rather dance for roughly 6 minutes than pay 50-100 bucks for new shoes.

12. I don't style/straighten/curl my hair so I save a ton on that. I have butt length, thick hair so I lost interest in that long ago. I don't even own a straightener, hair dryer, hair spray, etc. I sold my hair straightener and hair dryer, LOL.

13. I don't go to tanning beds or do spray tans. I didn't make more when I used to tan in comparison to just being pale so I lost motivation in tanning.

14. I will give select dancers rides home if I know they will give me gas money. My car gets excellent gas mileage so even 5 bucks is awesome but most of the time they give me ten for going out of my way which almost fills half my tank. There are only a few girls I will do this for though so it isn't exactly an every night thing.

15. If a travel to a club I normally got with another girl (one I trust) and split all costs. Also, if I know well in advance about the trip, I am good about finding deals online and the earlier you get a room the better.

Most of the things I give up most girls aren't willing to give up but the OP asked for shameless saving tips, lol.

I try to be as frugal as possible. I'm saving up for my subscision/laser treatment for my facial scarring and the surgeon is on the other side of the country from me in California... I save every damn penny.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tinyjezebel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey girls I thought this might help but CVS is having a sale buy 2 eye lash packs and get a $3 coupon

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Everything from bleaching/dying my own hair.
    Making my own extensions.
    Just using press on nails.
    Re-using eyelashes.
    Safety pins for tears, broken shoes, etc...gives it a "punk rock" effect...
    I second the sharpie on black heels. Hell, I even got a spot of bleach on something black before and used a black sharpie to fill that in.
    I buy pretty much EVERYTHING second hand...straighteners, curling irons. I've scored makeup and hair products at garage sales.
    I've even found stripper gear at thrift stores...yes, I have no shame.
    I worked at a club where we had to wear gowns on weekend nights, found my gown for $10 at Goodwill.
    Using headbands as money holders.
    Wal Mart has great stockings
    I have a hard time paying retail/full price for anything...straight to the clearance racks for me!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,147 Times in 1,463 Posts
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Great thread!

My tips:

1. Come into work on time to avoid late fines.

2. Do your own makeup/hair.

3. Put your money AWAY when you get home. Pay bills/rent first. Save the rest in a savings account minus a couple of hundred in fun-money.

4. Ebay.

5. Learn to sew to repair torn clothing.

6. Krazy-Glue.

7. Shop around for less expensive beauty services. They are out there.

8. Utilize special deals for anything & everything. Salons often have discounts on Mondays-Wednesdays. Coupons, Groupons, etc. are widely available. SW-discounts are available on some sites. There are holiday specials and discounts too... signing up for email alerts with web stores that you frequent pays off big time.

9. Buy in bulk... that goes for granola bars, eyelashes, and tanning sessions.

10. Use public transportation when you can.

11. Pay housefees/tip-outs in funny money if possible.

12. Pay your taxes, make appropriate deductions.

13. Bring your own booze, if your club allows that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    ^What Sophia said.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    I wish there was an "auto-like" setting that I could just have applied to all of your posts Sophia....

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sophia_Starina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use a Crown Royale bag to carry my cash. I didn't think it was the classiest thing at first, but dudes love it. I actually get a lot of compliments.
    Goodbye Seattle Lusty Lady, where every Miss is a Hit, and every Hit is Missed. 1985-2010.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to K Sweet For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,153 Times in 3,294 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Just don't buy shit. Seriously, do you *HAVE* to have it? Will it definitely make you more money? If not, then do not buy it. If you *really* need to shop, go to a thrift store, check ebay, then Amazon as a last resource.

Thanks

I say that to myself every time I see something. Do I want it? Yes. Do I need it? No. This is why I don't have an ipad. Its new and everyone wants one, I admit I thought about it but what will it do for me to make more money? Nothing ..not a damn thing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamia4me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I love this thread! I always bring my own bottled water to my club, and a lot of the girls make fun of me. I am not about to pay 5 bucks for a bottled water. That adds up at the end of the month! Thanks for the great tips ladies

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to theonewho For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by theonewho View Post
    I love this thread! I always bring my own bottled water to my club, and a lot of the girls make fun of me. I am not about to pay 5 bucks for a bottled water. That adds up at the end of the month! Thanks for the great tips ladies
    lol, exaclty!
    Plus, when it's busy, it saves time rather than sitting at the bar for who knows how long, waiting to ask the bartender for a glass of water!

Thanks

All of these are great. I can one-up the thrift store thought! It varies from state-to-state, but in most areas Goodwill and Salvation Army have a half-off day. It might only be once a month or on certain things. I've rarely seen signs for it, so you will likely need to ask someone there. When I was making stuff for my wedding and needed tons of fabric, that is what totally saved my budget!

Also at Rite Aid this week, all fake nails are buy one & get one half off. Then you get a $2 register coupon. Go back the next day with that and it's almost buy 1 get 1 free.

And www.couponmom is a great site for finding sale items and the corresponding coupons. Just read the 'how to use this site' part!
    I propose a toast - to my self control.... I see you crawling, helpless, on the floor.......
    -Mark Sandman

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kermit210 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 541 Posts

I am cheap as fuck!And I'm not skint, I have money, I have a family business to get into, I make okay money stripping, I have a day job.
    But I am fine with spending money!I am just not okay with wasting it!

Even if I had looooooads of money, why the **** would I want to chuck it away!?

Outfits, thongs, bras, eyelashes-ebay.
    Fake tan-cheap/poundland-type shop. It costs me 2.99. In a 'normal' store, it costs 8.00. *IT'S THE SAME PRODUCT!!!*
    Do my own pedicures, good friends with a mobile hairdresser-I have her round for a few beers on a night-costs me maybe 3?

She knocks 15 off my hair extension attachment-result!
    Let out my spare room-it isn't fit for a 'normal' person but it's ideal for a DJ who gets drunk every night, gets paid cash in hand thus cannot get a normal rent arrangement.
    He's happy, I'm happy.
    Buy discount booze for nights in. When folk come around for a drink, after a few glasses they don't need to drink my good wine. They'll sup owt!I buy wholesale wine, works out about 1.74 a bottle. It's 5 in the shops-*I* wouldn't drink it!But so?!?
    Food-bulk buy!Only non-perishables. Makes sense . Lol I am tight as a crab's ass. Sure I buy a few luxury items, a few treats. But you save, so then you can spend! xx

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sugarmouse0707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This might not work everywhere but I live on a safe area and use public transport to get to work and back home. I don't get it that some girls that I know take a taxi instead of a 10 minute walk, in daylight, on perfectly safe area.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyMoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,638 Posts

I use press on nails too.
    My own pedis.
    Re-use false lashes (which I will stary buying on eBay)
    Catch public transport in (daytime) and split a taxi or pay gas money (everytime- cant STAND freeloading behaviour)
    Bring my own snacks/ tea
    Use loyalty cards when I buy coffee (prework ritual)
    If shoe straps break I remove them completely and use ribbonn place (matched to outfit)
    Instead of black marker I use a paint on black 'polish' which I bought from Cobbler
    I have the soles replaced on my shoes to extenc their life (I would like to look into selling worn shoes online- maybe convince buyer to also give me new shoes)
    Shower at work to save on bills/cleaning my shower of fake tan (I wouldn't use their towels though, too smelly)
    Tiny tweaks----->BIG CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakonstantin View Post
    More fear-mongering? Really? Yes, this is not the 1990's anymore. Yes, things are changing. Either dance or don't. Freaking out and sowing fear isn't going to help anyone.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Flickdreams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Havent been dancing for awhile but here are some of my tips:

1. I too bought outfits from ebay, wet towels from the dollar store, brought along snacks, repaired my own shoes to make them last longer. Also went in earlier to avoid higher house fees.

2. All non perishables, and bath stuff I buy in builk at sams.

3. check groupon.com for deals

4. For regular clothes, shoes, and whatever else I wait till a website is having a sale, then purchase through ebates.com to get cash back, as well as purchase with a debit card that offers rewards and cash back.

5. For makeup and food, I get the sunday newspaper, go on coupons.com and print coupons, then hold on to the coupons until the items go onsale. Last time I went grocery shopping I got $90 worth of food for $50

6. When Im at construction sites, I bring my own coffee maker and food so I dont buy lunch or coffee, and sometimes sell cups or sandwiches to other contractors.

7. I dont pay for cable, instead I have subscriptions to hulu and netflix and I watch shows on my tv with wifi

8. Canceled the gym membership and I eaither run or do p90x videos.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DancingDaisy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smell is one of the most important things in out industry.

Another tip nothing to do with money. I put my outfits in ziplocks and put a dryer sheets in the bags to smell fresh.

Also I buy my perfume from ebay as testers. They are full but are just missing a cap and nice box. And you save so much.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scarletkisses For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can also mix your own body sprays:

http://alaskanbargainhunter.blogspot...y-recipes.html
    I propose a toast - to my self control.... I see you crawling, helpless, on the floor.......
    -Mark Sandman

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

my own list of money-saving tricks from when I used to live in New York ...

- buy in bulk once a month at Sam's Club / BJ's wholesale - everything from baby wipes to canned vegetables to body lotion. This saves money 'twice' ... first via the discounted price and second by reducing the number of shopping trips

- check Dollar General / Dollar Tree once a month for 'opportunity' bargains ( but not everything they sell is really a bargain !!! )

- INVEST in your own exercise equipment. This also saves money 'twice' ... first by cutting out gym membership cost and second by reducing trips to a gym

- INVEST in a quality home coffee maker and quality thermos + travel mug. Even if you buy name brand / gourmet coffee beans, this still saves huge compared to the 'drive-thru'

- INVEST in a sewing machine to make / repair stage outfits.

and of course you can save again by 'writing off' 50% of the cost of these investments as business expenses !!!

Thanks

why only a 50% write off?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^^ a 'safety measure' against an IRS audit based on the premise that 'housewives' also purchase such items with no business reason for doing so !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

My club has promos we get if we go to events and sponsor our club. So in addition to getting paid a few hundred dollars to promote, I get so many free tip outs. I know this might vary club to club. But at the end of the day one can save a lot of money if the club offers this.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to theonewho For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,283 Times in 3,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinyjezebel View Post
    13. I don't go to tanning beds or do spray tans. I didn't make more when I used to tan in comparison to just being pale so I lost motivation in tanning.
    Besides costing money, tanning beds are bad for your health, and over the long run, will make your skin worse. You'll probably be able to strip longer by avoiding tanning beds.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast