Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

Thanks
    Thanked 19,424 Times in 10,022 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Shameless money saving and stripper tips

I use an indoor drying rack for clothes drying, since it's cold now. Out door clothes line, weather permitting.

I go to Walmart for free purified water. I rinse & use my gallon jugs. Also, the one wm sells 5 gallon containers for .39c. You can turn them in every so often & get a fresh one.
    Life.
    Can't go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last. \

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,284 Times in 3,278 Posts

I look for credit cards that will give me discounts on certain products or at certain stores. My Bank of America credit card gives me 5% off gas purchases. Most oil companies' gas stations have credit cards that will give you a discount. Target offers a credit card that gives you 5% off at their stores. Walmart offers a credit card that will give you 5% off of purchases when you buy online. I do comparative shopping online before making a purchase. You can also do this with gasoline. There's a site that shows all the gas stations in a certain area, and the price of gas at each station.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

When I'm buying a new car, I wait until the end of the model year when dealers offer big discounts. Last time I bought a car, I got $9,000 off the sticker price. Also, if you do a lot of traveling by car, buying a hybrid can save you a lot of money on gas. My current car isn't a hybrid, but my previous one was. For my banking, I look online for banks offering the highest interest rate for savings or checking accounts. I'm not much of a cook, so I buy frozen meals that I can heat up in the microwave. Also, their portions are reasonable, so it helps keep me from overeating.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

*I meal prep so that I don't eat something unhealthy or a $20 salad after work out of starved desperation.

*I buy eyelashes at TJ Maxx & Marshalls. The exact same ardell eyelashes I buy for $3.50/pair at the beauty store are $6 for a 5-pack at TJ Maxx. They also have great makeup, Kevin Aucoyn, Dolce & Gabbana, Anastasia, Gucci, etc., but make sure it's unopened before you buy it. I saw a woman testing lip glosses on her arm and putting them back in the packages once. Gross.

*I have a dollar jar that I use to treat myself. If I have a lot of dollar bills I cash them in for larger bills at work, and everything goes into the bank. Any dollars I have left go into a jar and when I feel like I need to treat myself I count my dollar jar and buy myself something. It soothes my need to spend without cutting into my savings.

*I have my savings accounts with banks that don't offer ATM cards, like American Express, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs. Not only do they offer higher interest rates, but I can't withdraw money in a moment of weakness. It takes about 5 days to transfer money to my checking account at Chase, and by then I've come to my senses.

*When a customer buys me an expensive handbag or a pair of Louboutins, or whatever, I sell it and buy a replica version to use in front of him. Don't judge me. I know fakes are controversial, but I don't care that much about fashion. I just want money to buy real estate and stock investments.

*I sell my used thongs from work and real life. I have an Instagram account and an OnlyFans account just for this. I post pictures of myself at work in the thongs, and pictures of myself at the gym with my regular underwear and post a purchase price that depends on how dirty and sweaty I get them. lol I sell my old dancer shoes and thigh highs too. I'm thinking about selling the work dresses I don't want anymore. I'll see how that goes.

*I get almost all my entertainment for free. I read books & audiobooks on Libby & Overdrive apps from the library. I watch videos on Kanopy, from the library & YouTube. I listen to music on Hoopla from the library, which also has books and videos. I learn languages on Duolingo and the library offers the Rosetta Stone app for free. I learn a lot of other things on Khan Academy, EdX, Ted & Ted Global. These things are entertaining for me.

*I also get nutrition and workout plans from YouTube instead of paying a trainer, and I still look like I did when I used to pay a trainer. Just be careful who you take advice from. I follow people like Gauge Girl Training, Jim Stoppani, Athlean X, Pick Up Limes, Abby Sharp...... people who have college degrees in dietetics, exercise science, biochemistry, etc. I also follow a few professional bikini competitors, because they have professionals helping them, so they have good advice to share. I love a lot of other fitness girls on YouTube & Instagram, but I don't take their advice too seriously because they're just figuring things out as they go along. I use them as fitspo.

*I buy my work dresses from places like Fashion Nova, Boohoo & Missguided and wait for 50% off sales, which happen constantly, so my dresses are all like $6 each.

*I buy almost all of my IRL wardrobe from The Real Real and Thredup. On Thredup I set the filters to New With Tags, or Like New, because everything else is in pretty bad shape. They even have workout clothes New with Tags. I also buy gym shoes and clothes from 6pm.com, which is the outlet site for zappos.com. I have a ton of Nike and Adidas gym clothes that I got for about $15 each.

*I set very detailed goals. For example if I want to buy a property in one year I figure out the average price for what I want, then what I will need for a down payment & closing costs. Then I calculate how much that means I need to save each month, each week, and each night of work to meet my goal. I open a separate savings account for that goal, and it's easy to track when I know day by day if I'm ahead or behind. I do the same with my education expenses.

*I track every little thing I spend in Google Sheets. I don't set a budget, per se, but I do pay attention if one month my spending is a lot more than usual. I started doing this because my spending was....... I didn't even have a clue where my money was going. "I see it I want it, I want it I got it. I want it I got it...." That was my life. So I started to write things down and I was like WHAT?! I spend $1,200 a month on taxis?! And $200 a week on shitty diner food after work?! And I used to be really into shopping for clothes. It was out of control. I know budgeting is boring, but writing down everything you spend and seeing it all add up in one place really holds you accountable for what you're spending. It helped me so much to make better financial decisions.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimbe View Post
    I admit to being a bit nerdy when it comes to things like this, for example, I make my own skin cream/moisturizer. I'll get a lotion/skin cream from CVS/Walgreens with at least 10% urea and then I add argan oil and coconut oil. Works better than anything I've ever bought over the counter.
    Amlactin? That is my favorite! Nothing has ever made my skin feel as soft as Amlactin. I buy the giant 2-packs of bottles from Costco now.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,284 Times in 3,278 Posts

I've been doing this for health reasons, but it also saves me money. I've greatly cut back on Coca Cola, and have been drinking water instead. At home I use a water filter, so I don't have to buy water from the store.
    Last edited by eagle2; 02-07-2020 at 10:24 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I use an indoor drying rack for clothes drying, since it's cold now. Out door clothes line, weather permitting.....
    I've recently started this - The added bonus, I think, is less wear and tear on the clothes in the dryer.
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,249 Times in 2,354 Posts

I drink tap water - NYC tap is great.
    I rent or airb&b my extra bedroom.
    I send out my promo codes for my apps so I can get free stuff.
    I utilize rewards programs and airline points so I don't have to pay for travel.
    I steal sealed waters and sealed sodas from tables at work when the guys leave stuff behind and stock my fridge with it.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,424 Times in 10,022 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

We're on a well, here, beyond disgusting.

We don't have sidewalks here either, yee haw
    Life.
    Can't go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last. \

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,475 Times in 2,486 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Well water and no sidewalks, you are getting there. A few acres and livestock is all you need.
    Last edited by slowpoke; 02-08-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks

Why pay out in funny money? Thank you!!

Thanks

BofA Cashback Rewards deals are amazing too- I get 3% on dining and travel and sometimes at the end of the month i will hae over $500 which initself pays off my credit card bill! xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,493 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Just discovered tonight that TJ Maxx has high end makeup there , as well as other higher end cleansers ,etc from overstock. I just got a Nars duo eyeshadow for $8. Check there before heading into Ulta or Sephora for stuff.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks

Aliexpress is my dirty, shameless money saving secret. I'm addicted to it. The shipping takes forever but I save a lot of money on stuff I'd be spending a lot on just stock up. Also read the reviews I've never had an issue!

Makeup brushes - they work and blend so well and are so beautiful to display on my vanity. These I recently got and are my favorites but they have a tonn. So many cute sets for usually under $10.

Makeup bags - again so many cute designs to keep my makeup, nail and other beauty stuff in.

Beauty blender case - love these (the cases with the holes in them so they're breathable and dry while not in use). Search "blender case" there's tons of cute ones. Keeps my sponge away and clean.

Lashes - Probably what I save the most on, LOL. I search "faux mink lashes" these usually get you the highest quality ones. Again read the reviews. I get sets of 5-10 of them for like $2-3. Compared to $3-5 for ONE pair Kiss or Ardell lashes at the drugstore. I reuse them as much as I can LOL yeah maybe that's cheap but I'm getting my $1~ per lashes worth LOL
    (don't buy actual cosmetics from China, it can be dangerous or gross. But stuff like this is totally fine)

Nails - I get blank press on nails and do them myself at home. (There's also a ton of cute press ons ready to go on ali but I am REALLY shameless w my money so I get a box of 500pcs for $5 and do them myself , LOL) I also get little rhinestones, opals, glitter, sequins, decals, etc to put on there for a blinged out look, they cost like $1. (also this tutorial for ombre nails with regular nail polish)
    I was going crazy spending $50-100 at the nail salon twice a month. It was so stupid. And i'm a gamer so the nails were getting in the way of my keyboard. Also hated how papery thin my nails felt if I had to take them off.
    So now I do the press ons however I want and glue them on the night before work. And take them off whenever I want. As long as you prep them right you're good to go.

Menstrual underwear - Also bought these off ali lol. $3 a pair and I don't buy pads anymore. I like them way more than pads too. They work surprisingly well. I just rinse w cold water when I'm done with them, and pop them in the washer with the rest of my clothes.

Cheap jewelry - Ali is sooo good for cheap cute jewelry. I get all my chokers from there. I also have my septum pierced and I buy septum rings from there for $1 compared to $10 at the store. (I'm always loosing those little balls) Obviously, make sure the piercing is fully healed before you put anything other than implant grade jewelry in there.

Fishnets - they are like $1-2 on Ali compared to $8-15 at a store so I stock up in all different colors because they're always ripping on me.

Lingerie - I don't buy a LOT of lingerie from Ali. Most of it is a gamble. But those bodystockings you'd normally pay $20 for in a box, you can get there for $3-8 and they're SUCH good quality!! This lasted me a while and I got a ton of compliments in the club.

Silk robes - again, read the reviews. But they're like $5 each so when I was in a robes club I'd get tons of different colors.
    Last edited by neverendingkneebruises; 05-18-2020 at 04:11 AM.

Artwork is from my most favorite webcomic ever, Lore Olympus

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuelle View Post
    *I meal prep so that I don't eat something unhealthy or a $20 salad after work out of starved desperation.

*I buy eyelashes at TJ Maxx & Marshalls. The exact same ardell eyelashes I buy for $3.50/pair at the beauty store are $6 for a 5-pack at TJ Maxx. They also have great makeup, Kevin Aucoyn, Dolce & Gabbana, Anastasia, Gucci, etc., but make sure it's unopened before you buy it. I saw a woman testing lip glosses on her arm and putting them back in the packages once. Gross.

*I have a dollar jar that I use to treat myself. If I have a lot of dollar bills I cash them in for larger bills at work, and everything goes into the bank. Any dollars I have left go into a jar and when I feel like I need to treat myself I count my dollar jar and buy myself something. It soothes my need to spend without cutting into my savings.

*I have my savings accounts with banks that don't offer ATM cards, like American Express, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs. Not only do they offer higher interest rates, but I can't withdraw money in a moment of weakness. It takes about 5 days to transfer money to my checking account at Chase, and by then I've come to my senses.

*When a customer buys me an expensive handbag or a pair of Louboutins, or whatever, I sell it and buy a replica version to use in front of him. Don't judge me. I know fakes are controversial, but I don't care that much about fashion. I just want money to buy real estate and stock investments.

*I sell my used thongs from work and real life. I have an Instagram account and an OnlyFans account just for this. I post pictures of myself at work in the thongs, and pictures of myself at the gym with my regular underwear and post a purchase price that depends on how dirty and sweaty I get them. lol I sell my old dancer shoes and thigh highs too. I'm thinking about selling the work dresses I don't want anymore. I'll see how that goes.

*I get almost all my entertainment for free. I read books & audiobooks on Libby & Overdrive apps from the library. I watch videos on Kanopy, from the library & YouTube. I listen to music on Hoopla from the library, which also has books and videos. I learn languages on Duolingo and the library offers the Rosetta Stone app for free. I learn a lot of other things on Khan Academy, EdX, Ted & Ted Global. These things are entertaining for me.

*I also get nutrition and workout plans from YouTube instead of paying a trainer, and I still look like I did when I used to pay a trainer. Just be careful who you take advice from. I follow people like Gauge Girl Training, Jim Stoppani, Athlean X, Pick Up Limes, Abby Sharp...... people who have college degrees in dietetics, exercise science, biochemistry, etc. I also follow a few professional bikini competitors, because they have professionals helping them, so they have good advice to share. I love a lot of other fitness girls on YouTube & Instagram, but I don't take their advice too seriously because they're just figuring things out as they go along. I use them as fitspo.

*I buy my work dresses from places like Fashion Nova, Boohoo & Missguided and wait for 50% off sales, which happen constantly, so my dresses are all like $6 each.

*I buy almost all of my IRL wardrobe from The Real Real and Thredup. On Thredup I set the filters to New With Tags, or Like New, because everything else is in pretty bad shape. They even have workout clothes New with Tags. I also buy gym shoes and clothes from 6pm.com, which is the outlet site for zappos.com. I have a ton of Nike and Adidas gym clothes that I got for about $15 each.

*I set very detailed goals. For example if I want to buy a property in one year I figure out the average price for what I want, then what I will need for a down payment & closing costs. Then I calculate how much that means I need to save each month, each week, and each night of work to meet my goal. I open a separate savings account for that goal, and it's easy to track when I know day by day if I'm ahead or behind. I do the same with my education expenses.

*I track every little thing I spend in Google Sheets. I don't set a budget, per se, but I do pay attention if one month my spending is a lot more than usual. I started doing this because my spending was....... I didn't even have a clue where my money was going. "I see it I want it, I want it I got it. I want it I got it...." That was my life. So I started to write things down and I was like WHAT?! I spend $1,200 a month on taxis?! And $200 a week on shitty diner food after work?! And I used to be really into shopping for clothes. It was out of control. I know budgeting is boring, but writing down everything you spend and seeing it all add up in one place really holds you accountable for what you're spending. It helped me so much to make better financial decisions.
    Great tips! How did you build up your instagram and onlyfans to sell items and how successful have you been doing so? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,251 Times in 4,250 Posts

My rent the last 2 months has been about $150.
    4 nights in a dive motel.

I did it by house sitting during this terrible for everyone time !! So grateful to have done it and the address itself kind of gave me access to a " higher end " type of community / connections. Now the person I'm seeing has an even nicer house than this one. Lol.
    So that is helpful.

That is the only shameless tip I've got for now because my own financial life has been such a shit show in the last 8 weeks. I do feel awfully proud of myself for successfully infiltrating this high end suburb though. Lol. ;/

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,778 Times in 1,531 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

+1 For the Aliexpress lashes )
    I love those from VisoFree store. They are amazing, I am always buying like 20 pairs, to have about 1 year.
    I am using a pair up to a month, day by day, because I am being very gentle when I pull them off, or pull the glue off the stripe. I did destroy a few pairs in the begining, because I was treating them like a pair of Ardell )).
    Now all good. I will keep buying forever. They are natural looking and i look like a goddess on cam!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    +1 For the Aliexpress lashes )
    I love those from VisoFree store. They are amazing, I am always buying like 20 pairs, to have about 1 year.
    I am using a pair up to a month, day by day, because I am being very gentle when I pull them off, or pull the glue off the stripe. I did destroy a few pairs in the begining, because I was treating them like a pair of Ardell )).
    Now all good. I will keep buying forever. They are natural looking and i look like a goddess on cam!
    That's my favorite store on there ! They're so nice right?? I will never spend $10 on lashes EVER again. Bahahah. Shipping takes forever but I just stock up and reuse them like you do. I'll legit use them until they're raggedy haha I'm getting my $1-2 worth I also find them easier to put on once they've been worn at least once because of the curve. Btw after your glue dries, use an eyelash curler!! Makes them blend SO much better!

Also, has anyone in this thread mentioned Sephora samples? Lol I am extremely shameless with samples. You'll save more money if you're sure you like something before you buy it. Some of the associates are extremely generous with them too.

If you're like me and have a "treat yourself" mentality lol, there's ways to satisfy that for cheap or free One site I use for example, gives you free stuff in exchange for writing reviews. I've gotten snacks, protein pancake mix, shampoo + conditioner, makeup, press-on nails, skincare, lotion, vitamins, self tanner, house cleaning products, stuff for my cat, jewelry.... lots of them were luxury brands too!

I don't pay for cable and I'm thinking of cancelling my Hulu too. I have a Roku TV and some channels have decent free content (Adult Swim app has 24/7 episode streams as well as full shows to watch for free). A few streaming services like Crunchyroll let you stream free with ads. I don't mind ads lol they make me feel like I'm actually watching TV. I also watch a lot of YouTube.
    EBooks can also be downloaded for free on the 'net.

This one may be controversial but before I buy a game I'm interested in I see if I can get it cheaper on sites like G2A and CDkeys first. One game I play a lot on Steam is $20 and these sites have it for $7~ for example.

Something that saved me SO much money though was saying no to frequent but expensive outings with friends. And it's SO hard. But all those outings can seriously add up.... and it's so hard to say no. A good cost friendly alternative is to find cheap or free things to do. Like outdoors stuff, watching a movie at home instead of at the theater, have a (extremely casual) potluck (so everyone brings something affordable to eat and everyone brings home leftovers, win win), go out jogging, find a video game to play together (even if it's a $60 game and you all play it for several hours a night it's still budget friendly). This article goes into detail more about it.

Oh and it's been said before but I stopped drinking soda (except when going to restaurants or when I can get it for free like from the club's tap) and our tap water is great so I drink that solely. I still am addicted to coffee but I make it at home. I make the viral whipped coffee which is actually sooo good and I plan on getting a cold brew pot soon which is like $25. If you buy coffee at a cafe or even a fast food place you're spending up to $1,200 on coffee a year plus time wasted getting there and waiting in line.

Oh FARMERS MARKETS!! And Asian markets. All have such good deals on food and you support local! Freeze what you don't use right away.
    I also will rinse & save every root vegetable scrap (the peels and ends) & chicken bone I get my hands on & freeze in baggies in the fridge. When you have enough you can make your own chicken stock/broth. Way better than store bought and since you're using scraps it's free!
    Last edited by neverendingkneebruises; 06-19-2020 at 05:26 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,251 Times in 4,250 Posts

When in a new city, gym and yoga " hop " using the free or discounted weekly passes avail. !
    Get your first month or two of work outs on the cheap before making a decision. Haha.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    When in a new city, gym and yoga " hop " using the free or discounted weekly passes avail. !
    Get your first month or two of work outs on the cheap before making a decision. Haha.
    I am working out from home. Sooo much cheaper )) I am just paying for workout programs and I have them for a lifetime. Since a workout program lasts for 1-2 months, having 10 programs keeps me busy for the entire year.
    I am a big fan of FitnessBlender and they offer discounts every months for their programs. They are cheap anyway ($15 ish), but when they are on sale, it's even cheaper, like $5- $7 for a program that you have forever!
    I am posting here my workout progress with them https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...-Support/page5

This month, FitnessBlender is offering their meal plan for only $7.50 instead of $24.99. I already bought it.
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/meal-plans

Other workout program sales:
    FB ABS 2: $4.50 instead of $14.99 https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans...and-lower-back (1 month program/ 25- 50 minutes per day/ 5 days per week)
    FB Bored Easily: $4.50 instead of $14.99 https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans...t-bored-easily (1 month program/ 25- 50 minutes per day/ 5 days per week)
    FB FIT 2: $6.00 instead of $19.99 https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans...le-and-tone-up (2 months program/ 40- 60 minutes per day/ 5 days per week)

Basically, buying the plan and 3 programs, it costs as much as an entire program. And you got 4 months worth of workouts, all planned and ready to tackle.
    And you have them FOREVER, so it's basically, reusable. Once you finish, start all over again!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Honestly I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I LOVE thrift stores! They have some amazing, random stuff and I can find my style or look I'm going for way more likely at a thrift store for a fraction of the price than at the mall. No matter how baller I get, I'll be thrift shopping with Macklemore. It's also a super cheap hobby and spikes creativity. Yesterday I traded in some clothes for a new to me outfit which should be a thing at all of them imo!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananaqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by bananaqueen View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I LOVE thrift stores! They have some amazing, random stuff and I can find my style or look I'm going for way more likely at a thrift store for a fraction of the price than at the mall. No matter how baller I get, I'll be thrift shopping with Macklemore. It's also a super cheap hobby and spikes creativity. Yesterday I traded in some clothes for a new to me outfit which should be a thing at all of them imo!
    I am slowly getting into thrift shopping, because I am trying to not support this low paid labor, from those fast fashion companies. And also, I like to pay for quality and not quantity and old clothes are made by better materials and are more durable than the nowadays crap.
    For example, I have had a Calvin Klein shirt for.. I'm not gonna lie: 13 years. And the bomb comes now: The shirt has been given to me, by a rich neighbour, who donated her worn clothes and they were fitting me. I still have that shirt. It has been worn over and over again and it's still intact. I managed to stain it with some paint, unfortunately, but I still wear it around the house. While other shirts get shrinked, ripping themselves at the underarms and neck area and losing their form after a few washes.
    Also, there is a luxury thrift store, Vestiaire Collective https://us.vestiairecollective.com where you can buy luxury clothes and shoes at a reasonable price. They are being sold directly by the people who wanna get rid of them and they are going trough verifications, to prove the items are original. You find anything you want from all the brands.
    Why to pay $1000 for a Moncler coat, when I can buy it with $300? It doesn't say anywhere it has been worn, lol. With $1000 I am buying an entire outfit and it's super durable, because I am that type of person who rarely shops. For example, the last time I went clothing shopping, was last year, in Austria, in an outlet store.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bananaqueen View Post
    Thrift stores are great! I never find brand name stuff (aside from shoes) but I don't care for it anyways to be honest LOL.... You can also add your own flair to pieces and diy a lot of stuff.... rhinestones, patches or beads you can get cheap for example. If you search "diy clothing" or "diy fashion" or anything about diy'ing thrifted clothing on Youtube, instagram, Pinterest etc you can get SO many ideas

Also there's a dry cleaners near me that does alterations and she's very affordable for basic fixes (most of my stuff costs $25-50) and believe me when your clothes fit PERFECTLY you feel like a million bucks.... if you think store bought stuff fits you well think again LOL
    So many dresses I get fitted to me and I feel like a queen in them.... also a lot of basic shapewear is affordable and helps you look amazingg. Even an expensive dress can make you look cheap if everything's hanging out & accentuated by the fabric.
    My goal for this year is to buy less cheap clothes and find a few quality pieces and have them tailored

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,319 Times in 5,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    I am slowly getting into thrift shopping, because I am trying to not support this low paid labor, from those fast fashion companies. And also, I like to pay for quality and not quantity and old clothes are made by better materials and are more durable than the nowadays crap.
    For example, I have had a Calvin Klein shirt for.. I'm not gonna lie: 13 years. And the bomb comes now: The shirt has been given to me, by a rich neighbour, who donated her worn clothes and they were fitting me. I still have that shirt. It has been worn over and over again and it's still intact. I managed to stain it with some paint, unfortunately, but I still wear it around the house. While other shirts get shrinked, ripping themselves at the underarms and neck area and losing their form after a few washes.
    Also, there is a luxury thrift store, Vestiaire Collective https://us.vestiairecollective.com where you can buy luxury clothes and shoes at a reasonable price. They are being sold directly by the people who wanna get rid of them and they are going trough verifications, to prove the items are original. You find anything you want from all the brands.
    Why to pay $1000 for a Moncler coat, when I can buy it with $300? It doesn't say anywhere it has been worn, lol. With $1000 I am buying an entire outfit and it's super durable, because I am that type of person who rarely shops. For example, the last time I went clothing shopping, was last year, in Austria, in an outlet store.
    Fun fact- consignment stores are run on a business model that doesn't allow for any waste- so they always have nice condition clothing. I've been getting all my designer label clothing from consigment stores since off the rack clothing in the United States can often be ill fitting or just cheap and not made to last.

Another shameless savings tip- if you get your hair styled or trimmed often, ASK your hairdresser or barber about what shampoo and styling products are exactly right for your hair. Hairdressers get commission to sell their in-stock products, and they also want you to leave their salon looking and feeling good about yourself. & Frankly talking about hair is more pleasant than having a personal conversation while you're getting shampooed and trimmed up.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

To those who like to work out at home, why on earth would you pay anything for a workout programme when Youtube has millions of any kind of class you want for free? Since this is a moneysaving thread, unless you prefer the gym then why pay for working out at home!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fetishqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fetishqueen View Post
    To those who like to work out at home, why on earth would you pay anything for a workout programme when Youtube has millions of any kind of class you want for free? Since this is a moneysaving thread, unless you prefer the gym then why pay for working out at home!
    Because, working out at home doesn't mean you have all the knowdlege and know how to organize the workouts, in order to get the best results.
    The programs I follow, have all the videos for free, on Youtube. I am paying to have it organized in a calendar, so I don't have to scroll trough millions of videos and plan ahead, everytime.
    Less headache.
    And it's a form of respect for those who struggle to put the content out there, for free and work to keep up a site. Afterall, we, the SW-ers always say everywhere that people should pay the porn. Any content creator should be supported somehow.

This is what I am paying for:

The overall monthly calendar (the blue line is the prescheduled workout programme, everytime I took a day off, I simply rescheduled, that's why some squares are empty)
    calendar1.JPG

Then, if I am pressing on the today, I will have all the workouts already lined up for me (it's an entire page, but I couldn't shrink it enough):

calendar 2.JPG

calendar 3.JPG

All of those workouts are available for free here: https://www.fitnessblender.com/video...t-like-a-squat (It has all the details possible, how many workouts, it has written details, printable workout, everything you can imagine, all for free).
    So, at least, this is what I can do, to support those guys.
    They really are not a big company, just a husband and wife, helping people to lose weight at home, in a healthy way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast