Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 86

Thread: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Order

  1. #1
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Order

    from


    (snip)"Young illegal immigrants’ amnesty could tighten competition for jobs, college

    opponents of illegal immigration warned that the policy could create significant new competition for jobs and university slots at a time of nationwide recession and numerous states’ efforts to curb public spending.

    “I see a tidal wave coming,” said Brad Botwin, president of Help Save Maryland, a group that opposes legalization for undocumented immigrants. “Half of our college graduates today can’t find jobs, and the unemployment rate for high-school-aged Americans is extremely high. This is unfair to U.S. citizens and legal immigrants who are out there struggling to get ahead.”(snip)


    (snip)The most significant and contentious aspect of the new policy is that it automatically grants hundreds of thousands of people in their teens and 20s — most of them from Mexico and Central America — the right to work in the United States. Many may have already been working, but as undocumented laborers they often had to accept low wages and poor conditions.

    “For hundreds of thousands of young people, the immediate effect will be that they can exhale and go out and look for a job,” said Gustavo Andrade, an official of the pro-immigrant group CASA of Maryland.

    Effect on low-wage jobs?

    But Steven Camarota, a researcher with the nonprofit Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, said that the Obama administration was not taking into account the new measure’s probable impact on competition for jobs at the low end of the economic scale, where chronic unemployment is highest. Among Americans with less than a high school education, he said, the jobless rate is 13 percent.

    “It doesn’t seem the administration is considering the cascading consequences,” Camarota said. “What does this mean for unemployed Americans who will be competing for jobs with a million-plus people who can now apply for work authorization?(snip)


    One obvious impact will be several hundred thousand illegal immigrants being legally able to apply for a fixed number of college admissions slots, for scholarships, grants etc. But some guesswork math would indicate that, out of the total pool of US citizen and legal immigrant college applications, the addition of illegal immigrants covered under the new Presidential Order would add 5% or less to the total pool.

    Another obvious consequence, and probably of greater overall significance to SW readers, will be that law abiding US strip clubs can now 'legally' hire from a pool of several hundred thousand illegal immigrant girls between the ages of 18 and 30. This will likely have the greatest impact on corporate chain clubs and 'upscale' clubs, who were in the past reluctant to hire illegal immigrant dancers for fear of bad publicity / ICE enforcement / actions against corporate management etc.

    It's unknown at this point how many girls covered under the new Presidential Order would seek work as dancers, or for that matter how many girls covered under the new Presidential Order are already working illegally at smaller, privately owned strip clubs who would use this opportunity to migrate to corporate chain clubs and 'upscale' clubs. But in states / cities with comparatively large illegal immigrant communities ( thinking California to Texas to Florida ) the amount of new dancer 'competition' could be very significant ( potentially something like 20% instead of the 5% above ).
    Last edited by Melonie; 06-17-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,982
    Thanks
    3,072
    Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,922 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^ Florida strip clubs are already filled with half foreign dancers now. Key west, miami, west palm are places were they have over half foreign dancers as it is as well as a bunch of other states and it's been this way for years and those girls weren't going anywhere soon. I don't think it's going to effect strip clubs in those areas any.

  3. #3
    God/dess Trem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,714
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Isn't it enough to have turned one forum into a right wing cesspool already?
    "Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: 'A horrible person.' We weren't even testing for that."

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trem For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    God/dess
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,420
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 291 Times in 210 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^^^ So, we should just ignore stuff we disagree with?

    This purely politically-motivated move by Obama is actually bad for every American citizen and legal immigrant, people who followed the rules to get where they are at. Rewarding someone who is in fact in violation of the law is just not the way to go. On top of that, Obama is throwing the presently unemployed in America under the bus, creating what will undoubtedly be even more reliance on public assistance. This only makes it harder for someone to find a job because it increases the pool of potential employees. The unemployment rate for young Blacks is 40% and now Obama is throwing them un der the bus too. It's just the act of a desperate candidate who doesn't like seeing the way his campaign is trending.

    It should also be noted this will only lead to an even greater influx of illegals.
    Last edited by bem401; 06-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    "never trust a big butt and a smile"-- Bell Biv DeVoe

    If you're in your twenties and aren't a liberal, you have no heart. If you're in you're forties and aren't a conservative, you have no brain - Winston Churchill

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bem401 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    God/dess tempest666's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Filthadelphia suburbs, PA
    Posts
    10,546
    Thanks
    2,634
    Thanked 13,334 Times in 4,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Has anyone watched the Goobacks episode of South Park? It does bring up some good points.....
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

  8. #6
    God/dess Jay12's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hill country.
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    1,641
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 948 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^ I had seen that episode.

    Back to the original topic: the only good thing in here I see is giving temporal permits to people who were brought up here illegally by their parents, but those parents should be deported and should be prosecuted for bringing their children in here and not doing anything to make them legal in their first place.





  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay12 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Bem is right and yes that is exactly what will happen. In Illinois we already widening the gap between the middle class citizens and those who take advantage of welfare, many of whom are illegals. Meanwhile those who really need the assistance can't get it because of them.

    Tempest that is a great episode.

  11. #8
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Isn't it enough to have turned one forum into a right wing cesspool already?
    My post had absolutely nothing to do with politics. I merely cited a significant new dancing business related fact i.e. a new Presidential Order which ... among other things ... will now legally allow clubs such as DejaVu, Scores, Ricks and a host of other upscale / 'corporate' clubs who actually respect US immigration and other laws ... to legally hire new dancers from the pool of several hundred thousand illegal immigrant 'children' ages 18 to 30 who fall under the Presidential Order.

    Readers are obviously free to ignore this new development. However, it is extremely doubtful that present 'legal' dancers at upscale strip clubs will be able to ignore it !!!


    Florida strip clubs are already filled with half foreign dancers now.
    Indeed, a large number of illegal immigrant dancers have been allowed to work in certain strip clubs in Florida, along with Texas, California and many other states. Generally speaking, the clubs which were willing to flaunt US immigration law by hiring illegal immigrant dancers also tended to flount other laws involving such other 'minor sticking points' as prostitution, drugs, theft etc. But illegal immigrant dancers were typically not knowingly allowed to work at upscale / 'corporate' strip clubs due to management reluctance to flount the law, to deal with potential charges being brought against club management, to endure negative publicity effects on stock share prices, to endure negative publicity effects on their upscale customer base etc. This will now officially change !!!

    It would also not be beyond the realm of realistic possibility to note that, with the de-facto hiring restrictions against illegal immigrant dancers removed by the Presidential Order, that they will now attempt to improve their earnings potential by moving to upscale / 'corporate' clubs ... which is likely to 'unofficially' change the business model of those clubs.

    And, as speculated by the author in my original posted link, ICE policy changes announced in conjunction with the Presidential Order also create the realistic possibility that additional numbers of illegal immigrant dancers not technically meeting the requirements of the Presidential Order will also now be able to obtain 'working papers' based on a GED plus unverifiable statements by 'family members' etc. This development would potentially expand the pool of 'newly hire-able' immigrant dancers well beyond the numbers technically allowed already under the guidelines of the Presidential Order.
    Last edited by Melonie; 06-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.

  12. #9
    Banned
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,982
    Thanks
    3,072
    Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,922 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^ Not true racels in west palm is extremely upscale and half the girls there are illegal. Also ricks in new york also tons of illegals. If you have a social they'll hire you and my friend whose been here 10 years illegally from austria has a social and doesn't dance anymore but has a straight job.

  13. #10
    God/dess Trem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,714
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post
    My post had absolutely nothing to do with politics.
    That's hilarious.
    "Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: 'A horrible person.' We weren't even testing for that."

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trem For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Featured Member strippername's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    You can easily keep to yourself and not say anything, Trem. We read bleeding heart posts all the time without making childish comments. If you don't like what Melonie has to say don't open her threads. Personally, I enjoy them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    That's hilarious.

  16. #12
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by bem401 View Post
    ^^^ So, we should just ignore stuff we disagree with?
    No, you should not ignore 'stuff' you disagree with at all. But if your mission is to incite xenophobia by cutting and pasting articles instead of summarizing and making informed opinions about a subject, then it is problematic for many reasons. Melonie has a habit of cutting and pasting articles from other sources and presenting them as her opinions. Sometimes when I read her posts, I am not sure if they are her opinions, or if they are merely quotes from other sources. There is something called 'paraphrasing;' a skill that is worth developing and acquiring if your intention is to engage in a debate over a topic that you are passionate about. But from what I gather, Melonie is less interested in a debate than she is about presenting a one-sided view of an issue. Terms such as "immigrants" used as the heading of an article or a post are intended to exploit deep-seated fears and insecurities of people especially during an economic recession. Frankly, I find it morally and ethically repugnant. After all, aren't we all immigrants?
    Last edited by Think!; 06-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Think! For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    God/dess Trem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,714
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by strippername View Post
    You can easily keep to yourself and not say anything, Trem. We read bleeding heart posts all the time without making childish comments. If you don't like what Melonie has to say don't open her threads. Personally, I enjoy them.
    You ignore her and you end up with a forum filled with moronic right wing "news" quotes, it's bad enough what she's done to the dollar den to let her do it here too.
    "Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: 'A horrible person.' We weren't even testing for that."

  19. #14
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Think! View Post
    No, you should not ignore 'stuff' you disagree with at all. But if your mission is to incite xenophobia by cutting and pasting articles instead of summarizing and making informed opinions about a subject, then it is problematic for many reasons. Melonie has a habit of cutting and pasting articles from other sources and presenting them as her opinions. Sometimes when I read her posts, I am not sure if they are her opinions, or if they are merely quotes from other sources. There is something called 'paraphrasing;' a skill that is worthwhile developing and acquiring. After all, aren't we all immigrants?
    Yes Cyril we are all immigrants, however not all of us came here illegally. In addition, most of us who are descended from immigrants learned English and worked hard. My great grandparents who came here LEGALLY made sure their kids learned English and guess what? most of my great grandparents lost kids in WW2. My paternal grandmother was never an American citizen (she was British)but never sponged off the system. She could have though since she was married to an American serviceman.

    The fact is many of these illegals ignore our laws, refuse to learn English and either don't work or take jobs under the table. In Illinois something like 75% of all illegals are on Medicaid. The public aid departments now require caseworkers to speak Spanish before being hired because such a huge percentage are on welfare. In addition, most of these illegals are unskilled and taking unskilled jobs from American citizens, namely poor people and these people can not find jobs.

    I worked downtown when the immigration rally of 2006 was taking place and so many didn't know English. Many others were carrying Mexican flags and saying they were proud to be Mexican (In Spanish). My employer was asking all people who speak Spanish to work overtime to cater to them (and incidentally since I speak Spanish I was asked to stay but I had to leave work early). If they like this country so much why not learn English? the reason is because they are too uneducated to learn English since they can barely speak Spanish, or they choose not to because "Americans should learn Spanish". Do you want people like them living here and coming here ILLEGALLY? I don't.
    Last edited by Kellydancer; 06-18-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling

  20. #15
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    Yes Cyril we are all immigrants, however not all of us came here illegally. In addition, most of us who are descended from immigrants learned English and worked hard. My great grandparents who came here LEGALLY made sure their kids learned English and guess what? most of my great grandparents lost kids in WW2. My paternal grandmother was never an American citizen (she was Bristish)but never sponged off the system. She could have though since she was married to an American serviceman.


    The fact is many of these illegals ignore our laws, refuse to learn English and either don't work or take jobs under the table. In Illinois something like 75% of all illegals are on Medicaid. The public aid departments now require caseworkers to speak Spanish before being hired because such a huge percentage are on welfare. In addition, most of these illegals are unskilled and taking unskilled jobs from American citizens, namely poor people and these people can not find jobs.

    I worked downtown when the immigration rally of 2006 was taking place and so many didn't know English. Many others were carrying Mexican flags and saying they were proud to be Mexican (In Spanish). My employer was asking all people who speak Spanish to work overtime to cater to them (and incidentally since I speak Spanish I was asked to stay but I had to leave work early). If they like this country so much why not learn English? the reason is because they are too uneducated to learn English since they can barely speak Spanish, or they choose not to because "Americans should learn Spanish". Do you want people like them living here and coming here ILLEGALLY? I don't.
    You have been watching reruns of Tim Burton's Mars Attacks! too many times. None of 'us' came her illegally? Really? The plundering and the killings of Native Americans over the centuries were administrated through 'legal' means? Why is it every time you respond to a post you couch your arguments within a discourse that involves WWII? Flashing your patriotic credentials I presume as a tactic to validate your points while devaluing the counter-arguments presents by others who might otherwise disagree with you? Or, even worse, accuse them of signing up with "alt handles" as you did with me when I innocently replied to your comments about a topic similar to this one that is being debated? Perhaps we should place those immigrants who refuse to learn English in internment camps like we did with the Asian Americans because they too may be a threat to our national security and our American way of life, right? In fact, after the September 11 attacks, we deported a few American citizens because we suspected that they did not look or sound 'American.' How dare these immigrants take away our jobs and at the same time refuse to speak or learn English, right? Is this your perception of them? Have you ever taken the initiative to ask these so called 'illegal immigrants' why they refuse to learn English? As long as we have educated people like you, I am hopeful we can and we will educate these uneducated 'illegal immigrants,' who refuse to learn English. And while we are at it, let's make sure no 'illegal' strippers are contracted to dance in strip clubs unless they speak 'standard English.'
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

  21. #16
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    They should learn English, simple as that, not expect us to learn Spanish (which btw I do know). We can't afford anymore unskilled immigrants, especially unskilled ILLEGAL immigrants. It is not my job to train unskilled immigrants, they don't belong here.

    Here's a website with facts about this problem. I have linked one but there are several other sources.

    And for your information I am not the first one to know you are Cyril. Others have said this too.

  22. #17
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    And for your information I am not the first one to know you are Cyril. Others have said this too.
    Administrators can compare IP addresses to whomever Cyril is, someone who I have no knowledge about. But if this is your tactic of silencing your critics, then why not just label me as an 'infidel?'

    Yes, immigrants should learn English. See if companies they work for pay for them to attend Adult Education classes. I am sure many illegal immigrants would take advantage of that opportunity.

    Also, you have been reported for accusing a board member of being someone who he is not. You have been warned once before not to do that, but for some odd reason you failed to heed to the advice of the moderators.
    Last edited by Think!; 06-18-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

  23. #18
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Whatever I'm not going to argue with you, I'll just wait for you to be banned like it always happens. Hmm, everytime Cyril gets mad he reports the other person.

    It is not the responsibility of any employer to offer English classes. That's just too bizarre to even respond to.

  24. #19
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    by cutting and pasting articles instead of summarizing and making informed opinions about a subject

    There is something called 'paraphrasing;' a skill that is worth developing

    Sorry, this is the direct result of countless past challenges' by 'left wing' readers to my past paraphrased news posts where the underlying facts apparently did not agree with their ideology. Rather than dealing with allegations of my 'making up' those facts, I now simply snip post an original source. You can't have it both ways !!! And in this thread I even went so far as to selectively leave out a great deal of the original source material that was more political than factual in nature, in an attempt to concentrate on the factual.

    However, ALL of these political aspects are both off topic and in arguable violation of the SW 'politics ban'. I sought no debate on the issue of immigration. I made no personal commentary outside the factual and the probable. I simply pointed out that a legal change has just occurred as the result of a newly issued Presidential Order which will affect US exotic dancers significantly ... and may doubly affect US dancers who are also thinking of becoming college students.


    If you have a social they'll hire you
    This is of course a different topic i.e. clubs hiring dancers in good faith based on 'forged documents' provided by those dancers. This is not the same thing as a club knowingly hiring 'illegal immigrant' dancers. And although there may be many 'illegal immigrant' dancers who were willing to take the risk of going the 'forged document' route to be hired, to keep things in perspective there will be 100+ times as many 'illegal immigrant' dancers who can now legally obtain 'working papers' under the new Presidential Order.
    Last edited by Melonie; 06-18-2012 at 02:36 PM.

  25. #20
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    Whatever I'm not going to argue with you, I'll just wait for you to be banned like it always happens. Hmm, everytime Cyril gets mad he reports the other person.

    It is not the responsibility of any employer to offer English classes. That's just too bizarre to even respond to.
    Listen. When I joined this board last month, and after our short back and forth argument on another thread, and your accusations of me being someone else, we agreed not to engage in any discussions until today when you began quoting me again. This is my handle on other boards as well, and if the mods/admins wish to look into it, I will be more than happy to assist them simply to alleviate your paranoia about me being someone who was banned. You break the board rules by accusing a board member of being someone else, and then expect them not to report you?
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

  26. #21
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Oh please, I never agreed to anything with you. Your first post was about this topic and you claimed you were a "new poster". Yeah right a new poster who right away posts in this section. That is my last comment to you as I will now ignore you because I know all about your schtick to try an online argument. And I'm not the first person to accuse you of being Cyril but with you keep bringing it up it's looking more and more likely.

  27. #22
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^^^ and, yet again, another topic of significant importance to exotic dancers / college students is apparently headed for the 'trash heap' because some aspect of that topic involves politics. Well, these days, every important legal and economic topic involves some measure of politics !!! As I clearly stated when I 'resigned' as moderator of Dollar Den, if every topic that touches on politics in any way must be avoided, no matter how significant that topic might potentially be for dancers / camgirls from an economic / business model standpoint, then I'm wasting my time here at SW.

  28. #23
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post

    However, ALL of these political aspects are both off topic and in arguable violation of the SW 'politics ban'. I sought no debate on the issue of immigration. I made no personal commentary outside the factual and the probable. I simply pointed out that a legal change has just occurred as the result of a newly issued Presidential Order which will potentially affect US exotic dancers significantly ... and may doubly affect US dancers who are also thinking of becoming college students.

    Melonie,

    You post an article about a topic that is hotly contested and debated in both the political and cultural arena, and then you claim all political debates on SW are in violation of board rules and that you are simply presenting this article as factual evidence of a growing national trend. Well, I am assuming your intentions in posting this article is to involve board members in a genuine and lively debate on this topic that is certainly political in nature. But then if we cannot engage in political discussion on this board, why post an article that covers a topic such as immigration that is certainly and without a doubt political?
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Think! For This Useful Post:


  30. #24
    Banned Melonie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way south of the border
    Posts
    25,942
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    ^^^ wrong ... I presented snippets from the article as factual evidence of a REAL LEGAL CHANGE which has ALREADY been put into effect that WILL have a direct future impact on dancers and college students. Hell, I was even careful to use a Washington Post story in an attempt to side-step allegations of a biased 'right wing' source !!!


    I am assuming your intentions in posting this article is to involve board members in a genuine and lively debate on this topic
    As previously mentioned, and which is quite clear if my original and subsequent posts are read absent a political axe to grind, I did NOT seek to start a debate on the top of immigration. This is not a hypothetical. This is not a maybe yes maybe no possibility depending on future vote results. This is a 'Fait Accompli' based on an already issued Presidential Order and an already announced ICE policy change ... the consequences of which dancers / college students WILL have to deal with.

  31. #25
    Senior Member Think!'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Ord

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    Oh please, I never agreed to anything with you. Your first post was about this topic and you claimed you were a "new poster". Yeah right a new poster who right away posts in this section. That is my last comment to you as I will now ignore you because I know all about your schtick to try an online argument. And I'm not the first person to accuse you of being Cyril but with you keep bringing it up it's looking more and more likely.
    First, if you recall, my first post was not about immigration. It was about college admissions and preparedness. Second, board rules do not state in which discussion thread a new member should post first (besides the ones that are for dancers only). I suppose anyone who disagrees with your political point of views is summarily accused and labeled as being your imaginary arch-nemesis 'cyril.'

    Now, I welcome any debate, whether they are from the right or the left of the political spectrum as long as the arguments presented are rational and logical, and void of hatred, bigotry, finger-pointing or xenophobic remarks. Now if political debates are prohibited on SW, then this thread should be closed and board members should find other venues to vent off their frustrations about the economy, or who should or should not be admitted to college instead of posting discussion threads on SW that demonizes one of the most vulnerable and unprotected groups in society, namely, immigrants.
    Last edited by Think!; 06-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Desire is not what you want, but what you imagine--Paulo Coehlo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 07:43 AM
  2. Study Says Illegal Immigrants Boost Texas Economy
    By Tara Nicole in forum Member Boards
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
  3. The law and Illegal Immigrants (Citizens too!)
    By Deogol in forum Member Boards
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 07:27 PM
  5. Illegal Immigrants and Healthcare vs US Citizens
    By Deogol in forum Political Poo
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •