Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Splitcam Guide for newbies

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 830 Posts

Default Splitcam Guide for newbies

I've been asked quite a bit recently about how to splitcam. So, I've written a very basic 'startup' guide. Hope some people find it helpful.

Splitcamming Guide

Splitcamming can really increase your income if you do it properly. No ‘how to guide’ can ever compensate from learning through trial though – so this is a very basic guide only! As a start point, you do not need super powerful hardware or a super fast internet connection to splitcam. BUT, some cam sites do themselves require these things, so which sites you choose to splitcam will depend on what you have to work with.

Step 1
    Download a cam splitter software.
    You can get some of these for free. If you google ‘splitcam’ or ‘manycam’ then you will get links to free software that you can use in full. I much prefer Very Soft’s webcamsplitter, available at http://very-soft.com/product/webcamsplitter. The basic version (which is fine for most needs) is around $20 and I find it to be much better than the free ones in terms of not degrading cam quality.

Step 2
    Choose cam sites!
    You want to a maximum of 1 ‘free chat’ site and 1 or more non-free chat sites – your internet and patience are your only limitations here! You can find a great list of non-free chat (paid only) cam sites here: http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...ight=free+chat

Your choice of camsites will highly depend on (a) preference and (b) computer/internet capabilities.

Of course, you can add on as many indie style sites as you wish as well. These are sites which do not require you to constantly broadcast a stream at all.

Step 3
    Manage performance
    For example, I have a good computer spec but fairly poor internet. My choice to splitcam is Streamate and Adultwork. Many of the camsites allow you to choose how much upload bandwidth to use. The JCI software on Adultwork is like this (as is the SM encoder), so I reduce the upload going to Adultwork to only 400kbs and that still leaves me enough left over to meet the 800kbs minimum on Streamate. MANIPULATING THE UPLOAD SPEEDS TO EACH OF YOUR SPLITCAM SITES IS REALLY IMPORTANT IF YOU DON’T HAVE SUPERFAST INTERNET

Step 4
    Arrange your workspace.
    I have a relatively small monitor, but I can still manage to show 1-3 cam sites at one time. As I use SM and AW, both the JCI software and encoder have video preview screens where I see myself. I simply turn the one on the encoder off, minimize the encoder and put the JCI software on the left of my screen and a small Firefox window on the right displaying SM. It is best if you can see all of your splitcam sites at once. This is not so much to not miss viewers entering (as most have some form of alert) but more so you can see what each viewer is saying and respond accordingly without having to constantly click between windows.

Step 5
    Manage your viewers.
    This is the most important part J What you want to achieve is the most $ per min as possible. Often, the best way to do this is through many group-style chats. For example, SM has ‘private’ chat where many viewers can enter, as well as exclusive. AW offers both group and private (1-on-1). Cams offers nude chat, which is also essentially group chat.

If guys enter your SM private first, you can continue to allow people to enter into group on AW, Cams, and wherever. If a viewer enters into AW first, you can still continue to allow people to enter into Cams and other non-free chat sites BUT YOU HAVE TO TURN YOUR FREE CHAT SITE OFF. In my example this would mean setting SM to ‘break’. (There are tricks that you will learn, but like I said, this is a basic guide.) If you can see all your splitcam sites at once, then you should be able to maintain the group show across multiple sites without a problem.

If a member enters into 1-on-1 chat with you then you need to turn all other sites off. Don’t forget this when setting your 1-on-1 rates.

Step 6
    Make $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Click Here For Hyori's Guide To Splitcamming With Verysoft Webcamsplitter 2016

Last edited by PhatGirlDynomite!!!; 09-28-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydenBlue View Post
    Somebody call the WAHHHHmbulance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: Splitcam Guide for newbies

Thank you!

I have a question for splitcam experts.
    I use manycam and an HD camera so not a webcam.
    My problem is that I keep getting black bars in my manycam window because my camera makes the view "wide" how can I stop this?
    If I use my HD webcam I don't have this problem but my camera is just so much easier (longer cable / wireless and better quality) that I prefer using the camera
    especially if I'm splitting my cam.

If anyone is an HD camera or manycam inspector Gadget, I'd appreciate it mucho!

Featured Member
    Thanks

I don't know about manycam but on some camsplitters you can adjust the resolution in the options.

Thanks

Thats is really useful info - thank you.

To add to this, you have to ask SM to activate your 'break' button (pause) and they can do this as soon as you request it.

My question is: how do you achieve private or exclusive on all sites at the same time? Or is this not possible? I find it awkward sometimes in SM in private when more than one visitor is there as they want different things. If you have visitors in a private chat in more than one cam site, how do you keep them all happy? xx

Featured Member
    Thanks

^ I think that's part of what you learn as you go along I tend to log out of other sites if I'm doing 1-on-1 cos I think that's only fair. But, if they are not paying for your total attention, then why give it? Group chats are just that, and they are fully aware! I basically don't do ANY requests in group chat, but just do what I'm feeling like at the time

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

I should have mentioned in my original post - where you select your camera on each of the sites / software you now select splitcam/webcamsplitter/manycam (or whichever one you downloaded). Start the splitting software (and select your camera in there) and you are good to go.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,546 Times in 1,877 Posts

What speeds do we need to splitcam?

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,304 Times in 2,678 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I can cam on SM without the encoder, but NO other sites at the same time. I know girls do aw and sm but it never works out for me and my aw guys complain about the stream. Cam no problem with this speed, it's just splitting is night on impossible.

Thanks

I have a question about splitcamming with manycam on SM and Cams. They both use the encoder but with slightly different settings. Is it possible to use the encoder for both or should I use it with one and not the other? Anyone have any experience with splitting these two sites with the best quality possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,627 Times in 2,852 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by kaeliday View Post
    I have a question about splitcamming with manycam on SM and Cams. They both use the encoder but with slightly different settings. Is it possible to use the encoder for both or should I use it with one and not the other? Anyone have any experience with splitting these two sites with the best quality possible?
    I split cam on SM and cams.com and I just open up two separate encoders. This requires a top notch computer and connection speed in order to do it without degrading the quality.

Also, I do not use manycam because when I tried it I thought that it degraded the quality on its own before even trying to add any other factors into play. I highly suggest the software linked in the OP.
    xoxo ~ Sarah

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post
    I split cam on SM and cams.com and I just open up two separate encoders. This requires a top notch computer and connection speed in order to do it without degrading the quality.

Also, I do not use manycam because when I tried it I thought that it degraded the quality on its own before even trying to add any other factors into play. I highly suggest the software linked in the OP.
    Thanks for the reply! Is it a lot of trouble restarting the encoder for each site if you have to log off for a private on one though? I'm thinking about maybe doing the encoder for SM but not cams...I really don't know if my computer could handle both encoders running or not. I haven't had any problems at all with any software yet. I guess its worth a try!

Thanks

Default Internet speed and HD cam?

I have pretty fast internet...or do I?
    PING 68ms
    DOWNLOAD SPEED 11.03mbps
    UPLOAD SPEED 1.44 mps

What is a good internet speed to have for streaming HD on multiple websites?

Also I have the Logitech HD cam c920( http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...osid=14&bit=32 ) but why when I am streaming my picture does not not look HD! I took snapshots directly through the logitech software(not while streaming) and it's crystal clear...I take snapshots or video through Splitcam and it is NOT HD! Does Splitcam not support HD or is it that I'm streaming to more than one site that is making in non HD? I'm confused as I know my webcam is HD

Ok I'll stop posting questions now!

Featured Member
    Thanks

^ upload speed it important. Your upload speed is great in the UK (not sure wher you are) but is actually not that great overall. You should be able to stream in one HD but probably not splitcam more than 1 HD site (imo)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,249 Times in 1,624 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

I cam with 0.4 upload speed, but would never dream of trying to do more than one site with that. Laughable! However, 1.4 upload should definitely let you do two sites. Depends what sites you are on and what their broadcasting software demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^ I have similar and it will let me splitcam, but NOT on 2 HD sites

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,342 Times in 5,177 Posts

I'm gonna need to use something other than ManyCam to splitcam ImLive and AdultWork, (or SM with one of those sites). I have fast Verizon FioS internet, but still have video lag issues sometimes when splitcamming ImLive and AW (with ManyCam). I"ll be splitcamming, and I'll find that when I'm typing to guys in the ImLive free text chat, there's even a delay in the messages I type to them. It's annoying.

So you ladies think it's worth it to spend the $20 on Very Soft’s webcamsplitter mentioned in the OP?

Featured Member
    Thanks

you can download a trial version and have a look at it - it flashes black and white then colour then back in trial mode so you have to pay to use it for camming but you can see what it's like first

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So when camming it's the upload speed we need to be worried about?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

I just use two different cams its easier for me

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExoticBeauty4U For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticBeauty4U View Post
    I just use two different cams its easier for me
    WOW...so genius I didn't even think of that! lol

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pinky4289 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^ Two cams will still need the same upload speed as one cam on two sites though. Whether it's easier or not depends on whether you like to be able to move your cam or zoom in etc during shows - if you do then it's better to just use one cam. And yes, it is upload speed which is important for camming. You could probably use 1 HD site and 1 non-HD with the speed that you have, following the advice on manipulating speed usage in the OP.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,342 Times in 5,177 Posts

Thanks to you ladies, I am now uninstalling ManyCam from my computer, and about to buy the VerySoft software for $20. I tried the trial version just now and liked it, and I said "Okay, I HAVE to get that damn 'Unregistered user' pop-up message off of there, so I'm just gonna buy this...lol.

Thank you for the recommendation, ladies!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 439 Posts

If you open up Output settings in VerySoft with your cam selected as source, you can enable the watermark by selecting Image Overlay (Alt+P) and then selecting it from there. I've only used PNGs with it, and it worked fine for me.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaeRae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by SarahTime View Post

What?! Did you say you just open up two separate encoders??!! How do you do this? Just open a second one after the first? Do you need two separate cameras or are you running split camming software too?? I hope you see this, SarahTime! I know you're preggo but if you have time to answer that would be fab!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 612 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Just Bought the software for 20$ and installed it but when i click the desktop icon nothing happens.. it just says already running.. is this normal, it is available from the drop down menu on one of my webcam sites to choose as the the webcam source..This is soo confusing but on streamate i can not choose it on the drop down menu
    Last edited by LaylaLovely; 10-05-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: clarify

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast