+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Be The Most Successful Cammer EVER!!! $$$$$$$$

Thanks
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 3,029 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Post How To Be The Most Successful Cammer EVER!!! $$$$$$$$

With all the crazy threads lately, I thought I would reiterate how to be the most successful cam girl EVER:

1 - Try out ALL the cam sites til you find at least 2 you really like. A main and a backup. Some girls work on like 5+, some just on 1. Don't bounce from site to site, stay on the ones you like.
    2 - WORK A FUCKTON OF HOURS. After you have done rule # 1 (above ^) and you complete this current step, you should make good $$$. However, camming isn't for everyone so if you still aren't making good $$$ after completing this step, find a new job. But otherwise just log on without checking your placement or seeing whose on or making excuses.
    3 - Find your niche. You don't pick your niche, your niche picks you. Supply and demand. What do your customers ask for from you the most? What do you get complimented on the most? Those are your niche(s). Play them up. If you're brand new and don't know where to start, what do you look like? If you look young and innocent, play up a shy lolita. Are you a rude bitch who doesn't give a fuck? Okay be a domme. Do customers compliment your huge ass? Well now its your money maker. - P.S.: Don't do anything you don't want to do or you will induce psychological damage that will turn into an explosive mess later.
    4 - Be confident. Men like confident bitches. They also like a challenge.
    5 - Buy top of the line computer & internet (this only really applies to Streamate).
    6 - Don't move if you can avoid it! Or be very careful where you move to (DO NOT MOVE TO A GUEST HOUSE EVER IF YOU CAM). Coming from someone who has moved 4 times, almost 5 in the last year, stay in your current place because your new place may have horrible internet reception (true story ho) and its a pain in the ass. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    7 - REPEAT FOREVER $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Camming is NOT forever. It will probably inevitably become a flooded market like dancing. And all good things have a prime anyway. So building a brand is always good, and making the most of it when its good is also a smart idea (i.e. work when you're making good $$$$, and work a lot now bc in the future it may not be a lucrative enough option.)

Feel free to append this to an existing thread if you'd like.
    Last edited by GlamourRouge; 07-20-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: lol grammar

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 586 Posts

Default Re: How To Be The Most Successful Cammer EVER!!! $$$$$$$$

I'll agree your niche picks you. Not for one second did I think when I started camming that it would lead me where it has. I still make my main ££ camming, but my future lies in a rather unusual fetish entirely hehe
    “We no longer have to toil in farms and factories for the larger part of sunlight. We have an amazing gift to even have the opportunity to pursue our dreams. To squander that is a crime against yourself.”– Jonathan Mead

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    but my future lies in a rather unusual fetish entirely hehe
    Same.

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlamourRouge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,907 Times in 1,428 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

nah,, all that?
    too complicated.!
    just have a huge ass payment to make every monthly and watch how u suddently do the right things.
    Last edited by Fridays; 07-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 1,288 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

[EDITED] - *face-palm*
    Last edited by Incantatious; 07-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,181 Times in 577 Posts

^^^ it's not her paycheck. It's her rent bill. :-)

(I feel your pain, Fridays.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
    What I DO have issues with, is that this was a couple of years ago And Judas is still in the freezer.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jessica1001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Dayang! *feels stupid* >.<

Thanks
    Thanked 2,181 Times in 577 Posts

Don't feel stupid. Knowing Fridays, her paychecks are probably bigger. :-)

Fat bills still hurt though. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
    What I DO have issues with, is that this was a couple of years ago And Judas is still in the freezer.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jessica1001 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I would like to second the don't move. I move somewhere where a whole new line had to be done and it took me over a month to get internet. Also, thank you for a positive post that gets straight to the point, which are all very important.

Thanks

I have to urge to say......."I luv u bb!!!" lmao

Seriously, thank you for this thread!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngeXx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm about to move out for the first time... Fuck. :/ I need to move though. Can someone tell me all's not lost? Lol. Kinda scared already. I am planning on getting better net connection than I already have though.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Incantatious View Post
    I'm about to move out for the first time... Fuck. :/ I need to move though. Can someone tell me all's not lost? Lol. Kinda scared already. I am planning on getting better net connection than I already have though.

Get it connected BEFORE you move in. Check it and make sure that it works BEFORE you move in. It is probably a rare situation but in my case a main line was cut and they couldn't connect it until they got a permit from the city and it took over a month. I got a wireless broadband card and it worked, but it wasn't very good. I'm hoping better ones exist lol

That's my advice, it's what I planned to do when I had problems but I put it off until I was moved in and had no way to generate income. I wish I had taken the time to check it first, maybe prepare myself and work some long shifts while I was at the old place.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to drearea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Can I ask this without sounding....."rude" or something like this
    are u the most successful cam girl ever, Glamour?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    No, I don't even think that could exist. And second it would be really irrelevant as these are a collection of general beneficial tips compiled from various threads. I haven't been on cam much this whole year and not at all in weeks as I am battling some health stuff, family stuff, legal stuff, and the place I moved into earlier this year could not get enough internet to stream anything due to the location (hundreds of miles away so very inconvenient) so I had to impromptu move again and have been hiatusing mostly since, since I'm about to move yet again. But when I do work consistently, I usually do very well.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GlamourRouge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,590 Times in 1,293 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Where in the OP did Glam say she was "the most successful cam girl ever" ? Never.

This was just meant to be a general blueprint to making more money.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLavender View Post
    And I agree with the "what r u in the mood for" I want to say "well actually I want to go to bed but I need to pay my electric bill so lets just go pvt so I can fake being turned on by a close up of ur penis on ur cam and get this over with"

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HaydenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

DO NOT move into a guest house or cottage or anywhere that is not cable ready inside the actual place you will be living. DO NOT trust a roommate or a landlord that says you will get decent internet. Even if they do a speed test don't trust what they say (this is all personal experience). Landlords will say whatever to get you to sign the lease, and then say "its your problem not mine" after you sign it. You should call internet providers BEFORE you sign the lease with the exact address to see if they have coverage. Call a few times actually to speak to different people and see if they say the same thing. Don't get a wireless stick internet either like CLEAR because they lied to me lol. The day you sign the lease is the day you need to call the internet provider to set up a day to have them come (which can be a week to a few weeks away) so have a backup plan of somewhere else to work if you want to work then.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlamourRouge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

u cant start thread like this and not expect any... er.....unexpected replies..

I wish u;d have said
    " yes, Im the most successful" instead.....
    nothing wrong with believing that!
    hey, I think im the most sucessfull, in my head!
    and NO ONE can prove me wrong
    too headstrong..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    With all the crazy threads lately, I thought I would reiterate how to be the most successful cam girl EVER:

5 - Buy top of the line computer & internet (this only really applies to Streamate).
    Awesome post, Glamour!! gotta add ONE tincy thing though - only cause I've learned the hard way (as always); I'm on my 2nd camera since December and I've also upgraded my internet service & the best I can get around here is 1M up - I believe your internet connection and cam hardware are important on most sites, not just SM... I unplug anything except the computer I'm working on.
    My 2013 GOALS: post 200 clips this year | make $500/week on cam | master the art of balance | laugh at least once & injest something besides caffine everyday
    I LOVE JustFab SHOES

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilMissMuffett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post

Awesome post, Glamour!! gotta add ONE tincy thing though - only cause I've learned the hard way (as always); I'm on my 2nd camera since December and I've also upgraded my internet service & the best I can get around here is 1M up - I believe your internet connection and cam hardware are important on most sites, not just SM... I unplug anything except the computer I'm working on.
    My 2013 GOALS: post 200 clips this year | make $500/week on cam | master the art of balance | laugh at least once & injest something besides caffine everyday
    I LOVE JustFab SHOES

Thanks
    Thanked 7,590 Times in 1,293 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

u cant start thread like this and not expect any... er.....unexpected replies..

I wish u;d have said
    " yes, Im the most successful" instead.....
    nothing wrong with believing that!
    hey, I think im the most sucessfull, in my head!
    and NO ONE can prove me wrong
    too headstrong..
    What are you talking about? I don't understand.

She never said she was "the most successful" never anywhere in this thread. She never boasted that.

This is a guide, thus "How to..." Not "I am" - see the difference?

This is a general guide/blueprint to making more money.

It wasn't a bragging post and I don't understand what you are trying to push or bait.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLavender View Post
    And I agree with the "what r u in the mood for" I want to say "well actually I want to go to bed but I need to pay my electric bill so lets just go pvt so I can fake being turned on by a close up of ur penis on ur cam and get this over with"

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HaydenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by LilMissMuffett View Post
    Yeah I always forget the internet is naturally much slower in other countries when compared to average US speeds. I wonder why that is.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlamourRouge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for this thread! It's very positive! I've been feeling frustrated because my income has hit a plateau on MFC, but what can I expect when I've never tried another camsite and I have myself convinced I'll only make $ on MFC if I log in at the exact same hours every night. So I've started the process of signing up with three other sites in an effort to find a second home, and taking that step has make me feel more optimistic and excited, which in turn has improved my bubbly performance on MFC, which in turn has snagged me a few new clients. :-)

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FloraBell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Go to cablemover.com to find the cable/internet provider in the area you want to move to. When you have an exact address of where you might sign a lease, call cable company and ask if they service that address with highspeed internet. I recently moved to an apartment in an older house which had never been serviced with cable or internet. I double checked with the cable company that they could sevice the address, and set up the installation appointment, before I even signed the lease.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to FloraBell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 679 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

6.5 - NEVER UNDERESTIMATE passive income!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by HaydenBlue View Post
    What are you talking about? I don't understand.

She never said she was "the most successful" never anywhere in this thread. She never boasted that.

This is a guide, thus "How to..." Not "I am" - see the difference?

This is a general guide/blueprint to making more money.

It wasn't a bragging post and I don't understand what you are trying to push or bait.
    as always hayden versus fridays drama , but thats ok... lol
    il have something to read in the AM..maybe.

to me the initial post sounded like it was the OP's own experience and it now seems that is not the case
    " I haven't been on cam much this whole year and not at all in weeks" and
    " these are a collection of general beneficial tips compiled from various threads."

when asked" are u the most successful" the answer is:
    " I don't even think that could exist".

To me, personally, this is NOT what I want to hear from someone who writes a " how to" post.
    I want to hear, YES, I CAN or.. YES I could.. or YES I am.. or.. YES I WILL BE! or YES I used to be!

getting immediately defensive when confronted about the exact matter of the problem does not... look good ( to me).

Maybe now u can see the difference between what I asked and what I got as a reply.

very nice thread anyway..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast