+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaturbate

Thanks

Default Chaturbate

Hi so I searched the forum and didn't find a thread for chaturbate. So I just signed on a couple days ago and I started to get alot of followers. I really like the ability to see guys cams. But since yesterday when I log in I get an access denied message when trying to view rooms and my followers tell me they can't get into my room. I've googled this and seen that I'm not only one with this problem. Insight would be greatly appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosima For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Default Re: Chaturbate

Access denied to other rooms: This means that they don't allow women into their room, or on a rare occasion you've been banned (not saying you have; they just get the same message; if you've never been in the room, then obviously that's not the case). They might also be blocking users from your country or your state. IIRC, password-protected rooms actually tell you that they're password protected. Also make sure that you're listed as a female in your profile; sometimes people forget to change this, and since the default is male AND some guys don't allow other guys into their room... yeah.

Users being denied access to your room: Check your settings. Make sure that you've got your preferred genders checked off (I have all of them checked, because I really don't care). Check to see if you've got any states or countries blocked. If any of your settings were off and you fixed it, it might help to refresh if you're about to broadcast. If none of it worked, then check out their support page (support.chaturbate.com); there are a couple of basic troubleshooting articles, and also a link to contact them if nothing worked. Their support staff is very helpful; they don't give canned responses or anything. ^-^

I like the soulful sounds of explosions, romantic walks to the fridge,
    and sometimes making designers cry.

Twitter

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOneGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 315 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

I had that issue. They never fixed it. They told me to make a new account so I did. Once I made the new account my room that usually had over 100+ men dwindled down to barely getting 12 and not being seen on first page. ugh

U Mad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFnM4SYQC8 trololololol meets metal <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilChick1989 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i emailed support and they fixed it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    Hi so I searched the forum and didn't find a thread for chaturbate.
    Me too. I haven't signed up yet, right now I'm working on xPeeps. How has it been for you? Is it a token based site? Is there a master Chaturbate thread on SW like we have for so many of the other sites?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

There are a few threads (no master threads really):

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...ght=Chaturbate

(If you search for threads with Chaturbate in the title, you'll find a few more.)

For the most part, from what I can tell, not too many SW models like Chaturbate. They've had quite a few issues in past, but they're working through them.

Chaturbate is an odd one; not all of the "models" there are on the site for profit. There are a lot of people who are there because they are exhibitionists. It is a token-based site (model gets 5 cents per token), and you are required to submit age verification in order to accept tokens. You can do whatever you want in free chat (one of the things that irks a lot of professional models), but you don't have to get naked if you don't want to, and if you're entertaining, it isn't necessary. There ARE a lot of freeloaders on the site, and a lot of people who genuinely are unaware of the fact that a lot of the people who accept tokens do it for a living. There are also some really, really cool people on there, though. It works well for me; I tried MFC and just couldn't cut it there. Once my new model tag wore off, my traffic dropped substantially, and no one was interested in me. I tried a few other sites that just didn't work for me. I'm still going through a few to try them out, but Chaturbate has been my best experience so far.

You should check out their support page (on their homepage, it's linked at the bottom of the page) for more info, and their blog as well. They're implementing new features, and they do work on glitches that they find, or that models/members bring to their attention. Their support has been really good about responding to issues, in my experience.

Twitter

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOneGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    i emailed support and they fixed it
    Glad to hear it got sorted out. Feel free to e-mail me in the future shirley AT chaturbate.com if anything else pops up

Sell pics/vids+hourly contest+tips!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGirl View Post
    There are a few threads (no master threads really):

(If you search for threads with Chaturbate in the title, you'll find a few more.)

For the most part, from what I can tell, not too many SW models like Chaturbate. They've had quite a few issues in past, but they're working through them.

Chaturbate is an odd one; not all of the "models" there are on the site for profit. There are a lot of people who are there because they are exhibitionists. It is a token-based site (model gets 5 cents per token), and you are required to submit age verification in order to accept tokens. You can do whatever you want in free chat (one of the things that irks a lot of professional models), but you don't have to get naked if you don't want to, and if you're entertaining, it isn't necessary. There ARE a lot of freeloaders on the site, and a lot of people who genuinely are unaware of the fact that a lot of the people who accept tokens do it for a living. There are also some really, really cool people on there, though. It works well for me; I tried MFC and just couldn't cut it there. Once my new model tag wore off, my traffic dropped substantially, and no one was interested in me. I tried a few other sites that just didn't work for me. I'm still going through a few to try them out, but Chaturbate has been my best experience so far.

You should check out their support page (on their homepage, it's linked at the bottom of the page) for more info, and their blog as well. They're implementing new features, and they do work on glitches that they find, or that models/members bring to their attention. Their support has been really good about responding to issues, in my experience.
    Thanks for that. I have been trying to start a new Chaturbate thread here for a while. Even after i got the okay from 2 admins the new threads are waiting to be approved. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out. Its much appreciated.

These are the major changes since our launch (June 2011):
    * Earn tips in the form of Tokens. Each one is worth 5cents.
    * Private and Group Chat
    * Spy Feature (let people spy on your private/group show for tokens but they cant type in chat)
    * Share and Sell Picture's/Video's
    * Fan Clubs (Charge monthly for all access to pics/vids)

Enhanced Features:
    * Block Provinces in Canada- in addition to State Block for U.S.A.
    * The ability to Ban even after the unruly member has left your room
    * Send an email letting your "Followers" know you’re online
    * Chat Filter: Only allow people with tokens to type messages- People who have tipped you today may type messages- People who have tipped at anytime may type messages
    *High Definition Webcams are now labeled "HD"

Always Great:
    * Payouts are twice a month in Check, Wire, Paxum, and Payoneer
    * Token Counter- Set token goals with description and it does all the math.
    * Over $11,000+ is given to performers with the Hourly Contest. 48 cash winners every day.(http://chaturbate.com/contest/details/)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to punker barbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Can't you guys fix my profile? I use to do well on that site until I got some weird error on my account you guys could not fix. After you all just told me to make a new account. I had a shit ton of people before you all approved my profile to accept tokens (like 200 guys...) then when it is approved for tokens I am lucky if I get 5. Seriously :/

U Mad?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilChick1989 View Post
    Can't you guys fix my profile? I use to do well on that site until I got some weird error on my account you guys could not fix. After you all just told me to make a new account. I had a shit ton of people before you all approved my profile to accept tokens (like 200 guys...) then when it is approved for tokens I am lucky if I get 5. Seriously :/
    Can you e-mail me your old account username and the new one so i can look into it? [email protected]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

No problem sending you an e-mail now.

U Mad?

Thanks

creeper status, so one of my 'guy friends' on cb told me that if you put your username + cam on google pics of you will come up. no joke pics from yesterday tonight and other times showed up. so creeped out!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Under "Settings and Privacy", find "Do not appear on network sites" (right underneath the blocked countries/states section), and make sure that you select "yes". It says that you will have less viewers if you select yes, but in my experience, only people who watch via Chaturbate's main site actually pony up and buy tokens. punker barbie may need to confirm this, but I believe that if you set that section to "yes", then your feed isn't visible on the dozens of affiliate sites like facebook-cams and all of those sites.

I have no idea how long the thumbnails will show, but I don't know if they can be removed. Fairly certain that the thumbnails from affiliate sites are just Google cache, which means that they'll expire eventually; I just don't know how long it takes. Quite a while, I know.

Twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 1,814 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here use Chaturbate as their main site? If so, is it possible to cover all of your living expenses just on your Chaturbate income? I'd be happy just to make an extra $50-$100/day on there but based on the couple of times I've broadcasted I just don't see that happening. Not sure if it's because I'm new and don't have enough of a following, or if it's just not a big money maker in general?

Thanks

I make around $1,500 to $2,000 a paycheck there.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried chaturbate, I found it difficult to get tips, I got good tips once and then realized they were sent from 2 other girls on chaturbate :|

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to naughtycamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 586 Posts

Got nada out of that site, only desperate beggars.. even more of them than other sites, and goddess knows if they're even legal age!
    “We no longer have to toil in farms and factories for the larger part of sunlight. We have an amazing gift to even have the opportunity to pursue our dreams. To squander that is a crime against yourself.”– Jonathan Mead

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,394 Times in 926 Posts

I tried it briefly. Not even the freeloaders were particularly talkative! They were all sitting there just staring at me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

I've cammed on there a couple of times but I can't seem to make more than $10/hour. I will flash and things like that in free for tips but no penetration until the goal is met. My goal has never been met :/ I've watched other girls to get a feel for the site and other than a select few (and I mean FEW!) I don't think I've seen a girl make more than $10/hour on there. What is the secret to a $2,000 check on there??? o.O

Thanks

I average about 40 an hour there, but I have been on since february and have built up a following. I know that when I even took 2 weeks off my earnings tanked. It's not a good site to just log on and make quick cash. Traffic is also not very consistent, and there are a LOT of freeloaders.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to aberrant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

I actually don't mind the freeloaders as much because I can appoint a mod to remove all of their whiney, demanding comments if need be. I really love that feature!

Aberrant, that is really amazing! I like chaturbate (I like almost all tip-based sites) and I'd like to make it work for me to replace my earnings on xpeeps but after my shift last night I was so exhausted and disappointed that I made so little. I entertained and danced so much that I actually worked up a sweat- I danced my ASS off for those mofos!- and still walked away with only $30 for three hours. Do you have any advice for a chaturbate newbie? I've been camming for two and a half years but the only tip based site I've ever been successful on is xpeeps so I need to adjust my approach. I'd love all the input I can get!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Chaturbate is pretty much MFC. And should be treated almost entirely like MFC. There is no cam score to worry about. But you still need to build up a following. And that takes a looong time. High tippers are very loyal to their old cam girl favorites. And tippers travel in packs. Tons of freeloaders and trolls. I mean TONS! But the site has earning potential. The system for front page placement is based on viewers in your room, so there are three types of girls will succeed there:

1)Girls who are entertaining non-stop! You are on your own talk show here and need to be engaged 110% of the time. People stay in your room = you are at the top of the page = you are more likely to get tips. Think "Reality TV"
    2)Girls who give it away in free chat non-stop. Nudity and continuous toy play will get ppl into your room. It will jack up your placement. But will it ultimately make you money? Probably not, cause you are giving it away for free. Just like any other cam site "Up your rates!"
    3)Girls who have a huge following and are known around the site. They will get more traffic and paying regulars. Tons of worked hours and a stable unique camming persona. Just like on any other cam site out there.

I can log in at any time and make very descent money. But I've been there since pretty much the beginning.

Chaturbate is HARD! Its a lot of frustration! Its burning out quick and having shorter shifts. But its probably the funnest site I have worked on.

There are cam girls who sit at the cam and just type, fully dressed and ready to do privates only. You are amazing at what you do! And how you will not be free entertainment in free chat. And that's great! That's your thing. Its what you do. And its how it works for you. But it will be very hard for you to be successful on this site. You are better off trying SM or Cams.com. Now! I'm not saying that its what all girls do SM, there are so many types of girls there with their own types of great hustle and tease styles.

k. Im done with my rant.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WOW, this just happened to me too. I was doing really good (1000+ people in room, getting to the top 3 within an hr). Well I went to broadcast Friday night (9-14-12) and I was barely getting anyone in my room, 3 at the most. I do have my state blocked but nothing else. I had my husband check it using proxies from Chicago, Washington state, and New York and all said Access Denied.

I sent them an email so hopefully it gets sorted out because I was doing so much better on that site and was really having fun.

Thanks

I just emailed Punker Barbie at the email she provided and she had it fixed within 10 minutes.

Awesome support.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Chaturbate confuses me as far as earning potential.
    First off, I hate tip sites. However this one can be REALLY fun at times to work on...a huge plus. I find myself there when I'm bored sometimes just to shoot the shit...however...I get really dissuaded when NO ONE comes in my room. It used to be a bit different that when a girl logged on her room was flooded with people. Don't know what happened to that.

I met my goal a few times but it was due to mostly 1 dude who tipped the majority. I would generally have 5 main guys talking. I love the function of appointing moderators because 1. the regular feels sort of special and 2. it helps keep the room calm while your diddlin and 3. it removes all the shitty posts they made prior. that is a cool function.

I do think that the girls doing stuff for free/cheap can really hurt other models though. That's the big downside. That and there are a LOT of very new people to that site who have never done cam modeling before...ever. They do it for fun and have fun with it but there's a lot of potential for many that is difficult to tap into because you really have to work hard to make money on that site and log on a lot which means sitting around for hours making nothing.

I'm kinda at the point where I don't really make enough for it to be of any help but rather to tip the girls who have successfully gotten a large crowd. I'm really impressed with a lot of them on there. There are some girls with great personalities. Hope to see them go far if this is what they want to do.

Camgirl Vigilante & Model Supporter -- BDSM/Domination Specialist and Educator & Kinky Fetish Extraordinaire!
    Graphic Designer & Website Developer for Cam/Web Girls BY a Cam Girl!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast