Thread: Studios/Non-Studios, new webcam couple in the UK, which site to use?!

Thanks

Default Studios/Non-Studios, new webcam couple in the UK, which site to use?!

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to look at my post!

We are a couple in the UK and we want to get into the webcam world. I've been trying to do research on it all (rather than just jump in!), and thought I'd found the right sites, when someone directed me here and I read the post about Studios taking large %'s of your money. So now I'm a little confused as to what to do and don't really know where to start looking now. Any advice/help would be hugely appreciated.

Are studios as bad as the thread said, does anyone use them? I was looking at two sites... 5point models (which is defo a studio) and livejasmine (not sure??). These sites recon they can stream you out to thousands of other sites to give you really high traffic, is that the case?

Is anyone else doing this from the UK, what sites do you use? Anyone know which are good for couples?

Sorry for the waffling and all the questions, I guess my main question is....

Which are the best sites to use bearing in mind we are in the UK (for % paid and for traffic)?

Thank you in advance for your help, really is appreciated!

xxx

Thanks

Default Studios/Non-Studios, new webcam couple in the UK, which site to use?!

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to look at my post!

We are a couple in the UK and we want to get into the webcam world. I've been trying to do research on it all (rather than just jump in!), and thought I'd found the right sites, when someone directed me here and I read the post about Studios taking large %'s of your money. So now I'm a little confused as to what to do and don't really know where to start looking now. Any advice/help would be hugely appreciated.

Are studios as bad as the thread said, does anyone use them? I was looking at two sites... 5point models (which is defo a studio) and livejasmine (not sure??). These sites recon they can stream you out to thousands of other sites to give you really high traffic, is that the case?

Is anyone else doing this from the UK, what sites do you use? Anyone know which are good for couples?

Sorry for the waffling and all the questions, I guess my main question is....

Which are the best sites to use bearing in mind we are in the UK (for % paid and for traffic)?

Thank you in advance for your help, really is appreciated!

xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webcamcouple11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Studios/Non-Studios, new webcam couple in the UK, which site to use?!

sorry I didn't mean to post this twice and I don't know how to delete one post

Thanks
    Thanked 8,252 Times in 1,351 Posts

Default Re: Studios/Non-Studios, new webcam couple in the UK, which site to use?!

Welcome to SW both of you!

Have a good read of these threads in particular:
    http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...-For-Cam-Girls
    http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...avoid-studios)

I haven't heard of 5point models, and spending a while in this forum will show you that LJ has an AWFUL reputation for freeloaders as well as issuing chargebacks to models among other things (I haven't gone anywhere near!).

I am reluctant to go far outside of the main camsites for the interest of my business because a top priority would be traffic. If a site is not popular, and has poor traffic, I'm not going to want to know. Take a look at the most popular camsites: MFC, Streamate, AdultWork, etc and see which you feel suits you the most.

I spent a good couple of months researching camming before I even joined a site. Don't rush to join any old site because you're full of lady-spunk and are raring to get started as soon as possible! I know it may be tempting, but there is much to learn and there can be a lot to take into account for a completely fresh model who formally knew nothing about camming. Spend a while reading this forum and getting to grips with things.

Don't join with a studio.
    And don't trust everything you read from a camsite ad.

Studios want your money and are NOT out for your best interests. Joining a studio SIMPLY means they get a cut of the money YOU make.
    You are capable of running your business yourself without someone helping themselves to even more of your cut.
    Not joining under a studio still gets you traffic. I'm still on the front page of the camsite I am on when I log on and no studio help needed.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi, thank you. You're right, I am full of lady-spunk and dying to get started, but I've learnt over the years not to jump straight into anything, it never ends well!
    How do you find out what % these sites pay and what there traffic is like? Should you sign up to one site or more than one, and is it possible to be on more than one site at once?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to webcamcouple11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've just had a quick look at the main sites that are listed on here, and now I'm even more confused! lol. You can see why people go through the studios, they make everything look so clear and simple, where as looking at these sites direct I'm stuggling to find any information! My head is just bamboozled now lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webcamcouple11 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Missymissdemeanour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 593 Posts

Hi, I'm a UK based cammer, I started of on AdultWork which is europe based. they do pay out around 75%. Although I am a solo cammer I have done couple shows as well and they do go down well, infact I get asked a lot if and when I will do more lol. I know AW can be confusing at first but once you have tried it and got used to it its really quite simple. I also cam on Streamate and MFC but my personal preferance is AW for the amount of control you have over your business. ie You can choose wether to offer freeview or not, you can choose wether to offer sound in all modes or just one or two, you don't have to go all the way, you choose wether to offer phone for free or wether to charge for it, you can choose wether to have naked pics available for free or wether to charge etc etc there are so many choices oh and I love that feedback can only be left if someone has paid for your time and sprent a minumum amount of time with you, should they leave neg you can decide wetgher to have it removed completely or wether to respond thus turning a neg into a neutral lol, of course the best choice is you decide how much you want to charge which is something MFC don't offer. Any way I could go on and on but there is already a complete thread dedicated to AW here http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...ultWork-Thread there's a lot to take in but well worth a read. Good luck

The only other thing I would add is when looking into various sites etc make sure of how they will pay you. eg If you go with Streamate for instance, the only way I know of recieving payment in the UK is via check, comes from the States and is in $ so you have to wait appx 7-10 day for the chq to arrive then when you take it to the bank they will charge you to convert it to and it can take longer to clear, of course this is different if you were to sign up via DailyPay, (not a studio but a service provider, link on my sig if you want to find out more about this) sure you lose a small % to them but your money is paid direct into your account in every day. I personally find it a cheaper option and I would rather give PJ some of my hard earned than the money grabbing banks lol
    MissD

XXX

Follow me on Twitter @Missdemeanour2

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missymissdemeanour For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi MissD, thanks for the reply
    I've had a look at the three websites you suggested and had a good look around them. You've already said that AW pay 75% (which I'm impressed with as the others seem a lot lower!), I had a look at MFC and they say they pay 60%, and after searching the internet for an answer someone has said Streamate pays 35%, does this sound right? Obviously the amount of money you get doesn't just depend on the percentages I guess!
    Can you sign up to more than one of these sites and see how it goes with each of them? Are you tied into a contract or can you come and go as you please?
    AW don't really have any help on their site at all!
    Thanks very much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

AW pay 65% - 70% .... typo I think on MissD's part

With MFC, you need to remember that you can't cam with your partner, as it is female only.

You can sign up with as many sites as you like, but you need to make sure you have the time to work on them

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitteryGoddess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GlitteryGoddess View Post

With MFC, you need to remember that you can't cam with your partner, as it is female only.

You can sign up with as many sites as you like, but you need to make sure you have the time to work on them
    Ah I didn't realise MFC were female only! Well that rules out that site then!
    lol yeah I think we'd stick to one site in the end, but was just wondering of signing up to a few to see which one works best for us, giving them like a trial period each, I wonder how long a period would be best to give them a fair trial to get going on them.... hhmmm

I'm actually pleasantly suprised with the % of pay on AW still even at a bit lower, as all the other ones I've seen seem to be around the 30% mark, but again I guess 30% of a lot of money is better than 70% of nothing! I guess it all depends...

Does anyone have any other suggestions of good sites to sign up to for couples from the UK? All opinions are so helpful, thank you so much everyone, I can see a tiny bit of light at the end of this confusing tunnel now! lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

The thing with SM is that there is a LOT of traffic, whereas on AW, the traffic is somewhat sporadic.

So you might work on SM for two hours and earn $20-$75 but know there is traffic, or you could work on AW and earn $0 for the entire shift, and then earn $50 at the end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitteryGoddess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The thing with SM is that there is a LOT of traffic, whereas on AW, the traffic is somewhat sporadic.

So you might work on SM for two hours and earn $20-$75 but know there is traffic, or you could work on AW and earn $0 for the entire shift, and then earn $50 at the end.

Ah I'd guessed it would be something like that. Are there any other sites worth looking into?

Thanks

I've been reading and searching and reading some more on this site, I've been researching webcamming for 3 days solid now lol, things are starting to make a little sense, and from everything I've read, I think I'm on the way to making the decision that streamate will be a good site for us to start on, it certainly seems like a good place to start anyway... What does everyone think?!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,485 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by webcamcouple11 View Post
    AW don't really have any help on their site at all!
    I would think AW have the most support I've never seen so many help articles before

MFC have a wiki for theirs also.

Featured Member Missymissdemeanour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 593 Posts

Ooops think I was just over enthusiastic lol ty GG

MissD

XXX

Follow me on Twitter @Missdemeanour2

Thanks

Ah thanks, I must have been looking in the wrong place!

Thanks

The thread on how to avoid online studios is found here

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...avoid-studios)

its pretty much is self explanatory. I think cvarga said it best in another thread. Although she was talking about physical studios not virtual studios "Studios can be very valuable for many performers. They are also not useful for many. They aren't useful to people who learned things on their own, which is probably typical of many people on this forum.

When many girls get into the cam business they know nothing about it. They have an old shitty computer, horrible internet connection, no knowledge of how that works. When that girl gets on cam with nobody helping them, she falls on her face, no matter how beautiful she is or how engaging her personality is. Also, a HUGE amount of performers have a major problem with time management. They cant keep a schedule, and therefore will never be successful on cam.

Studio's fill that void to teach people how to do well on cam. Since they know what it takes to do well, they take the time to get the performers setup correctly to do well. They help get people started correctly. They provide a person to contact with computer upgrades, technical questions, questions on how to improve their performance on the site. It's not be coincidence that some studio performers have a lot of users in their room. They followed the advice of the studio, on exactly the best ways to interact with customers."

Signing up with a virtual online studio will cost you around 10% of your earnings or more. If youre working from home there is no benefit to joining one unless you like throwing money away.

as for your other question-

which site is the best to use?

that question is asked alot and there is no answer. what works for one performer wont work for another. Its all trial and error. Some couples have great success on SM other fail miserably. You just have experiment on them all until you find one that works for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 319 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

It may seem like a pain to fill out the paperwork and learn the interfaces, but it's likely in your best interest to join up with several different sites and see what works for you. Depending on how you and your partner come across personality-wise in chat, any of the main sites could be your main money maker. It all depends on the people.

If you are camming from home, you will most definitely want to avoid any studio sites. You will earn more money working directly for the main camming sites, and there are many threads here that can give you more than enough information to learn the trade (eliminating the 'we'll help you get started' appeal of most studios).

If you are in doubt about whether or not a sign-up page is for a main site or a studio, DO NOT fill out the paperwork. Studios will trap you in a contract, in some cases eliminating your chances of ever switching to working direct with the actual site to make more money.

Welcome to the community, and if you have any questions (and the search function has failed you, which it often does) please don't hesitate to ask. A lot of us keep tabs on the forum constantly and I'm sure there will be someone on to lend a hand.

Also, don't take it too personally if some of the girls get a bit snippy about 'searching before you post'. Some of them don't realize that the search has been wonky at best for some time now. If you don't want to risk sounding 'stupid' with a question, you are more than welcome to PM me directly and I'll do my best to help you out.
    The Camgirl's Guide to Computer Health!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelynHeartsYou View Post
    Go go gadget sympathy tips and niche fetishes!!