Thread: Does anyone on here participate in SlutWalk?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Does anyone on here participate in SlutWalk?

I went to SlutWalk for the first time today after it was recommended by one of my girlfriends who went last year. It was AH-MAY-ZING! SlutWalk is a protest movement aimed at ending victim-blaming and slut-shaming in sexual assault cases. It's pretty wild and very moving. Everybody dresses up as sexy and uniquely as they want, or not. That's kind of the point. It doesn't matter what a woman is wearing. Rape is rape. Some cities have speeches about sex workers rights, and stuff too. I think it just depends on the speakers. So it was a very sex positive feminist environment and a rare occasion to bask in the sunlight topless. Women, men, trans, of every shape, size, and color imaginable all dressed up in whatever their take is on sexy. I wore a tied up tshirt that said "Got Consent?"

Am I allowed to share the link for the national (US) movement's webpage? Not positive on all SW rules yet. Or you could just google SlutWalk.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody around here participated and what you thought of it. :-D

Edit: It's not just in the US, its worldwide, and it started in Toronto.
    Last edited by CalliopeQuinn; 08-11-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: i remembered something