Thread: WARNING: SextPanther.com

Veteran Member domino.damoiselle's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry WARNING: SextPanther.com

I was approached by Kyle, a guy from SextPanther.com. He sent me an email with the subject line "Booking Inquiry". It was not a booking inquiry, but a hustle to join his new sext site. Normally, I'd ignore it, but I'm tired of seeing companies rip girls off as of late. So, I decided to grill him. Here's our correspondence:

Hey Domino,
    My name is Kyle and I currently work for SextPanther.com. The reason I have contacted you is because I would like a discuss a potential opportunity with you which would involve some of the things you are already doing via Twitter and other internet ventures. Given your strong following (almost 13k followers) and overall popularity, I believe you have the potential to make some money.

What I am offering is an opportunity to capture some of the unrealized revenue, all while being able to do what you are currently doing professionally. So you may be asking yourself, what even is SextPanther.com and why should I be a part of this? What we have now is proprietary service that allows you to increase media exposure while monetizing your popularity and engagement with fans via text message.

SextPanther.com will allow you to engage with fans via text message and you will be paid on a per client basis. It is undecided what that fee will be but it will be anywhere from $50-100 per client every month. We will create a separate phone number for you so you will never have to give out your personal number. You are simply increasing fan engagement, like Twitter, but not in a free manner.

Through this service you can expect to make between $60+200+ every hour you use SextPanther.com. The pay is completely dependent on how many clients you have and how many photos/videos you send to clients. You will be able to set the price for the photos/videos and can vary based on their content and length.
    We already have a few well-known starlets signed on to use the service and we would love to have you on board. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me back at [email protected] to further discuss this opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kyle

My response:

Hey Kyle,

I mainly use Twitter as a free platform to connect with fans and potential clients. It's not an accident that it's free. I essentially offer the same sexting service through my own website. That being said, could you give me more details? There aren't really enough details in the email you sent me to make an educated choice as to whether this is something I'd want to invest time in.

How are you planning to drive traffic, and what is your goal for hits per day on your website?

When you decide the customer's fee, will they be charged per text, or is this a monthly subscription service? Is there a limit to how many texts they can send in a given time period?

What is the pay split? What are my payout options? (check, wire, ach)

How are you planning on "increasing media exposure" for the girls on your site?

Are these texts that would be forwarded to my cell phone, or would I need to be logged in to your website?

Thanks!

Domino
    And this was his answer:
    Hey Domino,
    After further review of your work from our upper management, we would like to respectfully inform you that the criteria does not meet what we are looking for. We apologize if you were misinformed and wish you the best of luck in any of your future endeavors.
    Sincerely,
    Kyle

Dude, YOU approached ME. You obviously researched me, and now when I start to ask legitimate questions, you suddenly aren't interested in having me on your site? Seems fishy to me. It seems like they are looking for hopeful new girls to prey on. This pissed me off, so I got bitchy with him.

You apologize if I was misinformed? Why don't you re-read your correspondence with me? You gave me no details with which to be misinformed. You approached me with vague information. All of a sudden, I'm not qualified for your website because I asked what your business model was?

You must be looking for naive, impressionable girls that are new to the industry so that you can exploit and take advantage of them. We all look out for each other, and your "company" screams scam. I have already begun warning girls about it.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. If there are any.

Two days later, I get this response:

There is no need for you to be disrespectful. The other recruiting manager said he didn't want to "dilute the image" we are going for by having you as a model. Take that for how it is, sorry. We had a difference of opinion and no longer want you on board. It's as simple as that.
    To answer your questions:

How are you planning to drive traffic, and what is your goal for hits per day on your website?
    Models will drive the traffic from their following on Twitter. Like I said before, we already have models with huge followings.

When you decide the customer's fee, will they be charged per text, or is this a monthly subscription service? Is there a limit to how many texts they can send in a given time period?

Customers will be charged for every text they send. You pick the price within our limits. If an customer is spamming your inbox we will suspend their account.
    What is the pay split? What are my payout options? (check, wire, ach)
    For you, nothing but we use PayPal and pay our models daily. <---- Clearly they haven't done their research.
    How are you planning on "increasing media exposure" for the girls on your site?
    We allow our models to promote their own website if they wish. Since there are other big names on the website there is an agglomeration effect for all of the other models.

Are these texts that would be forwarded to my cell phone, or would I need to be logged in to your website?
    You would be able to respond from the website or the mobile app on your phone.

-Kyle

Why couldn't he just answer my questions from the beginning? I don't give a shit if I'm not what they're looking for, because I have no interest in working for a sext company anyway when I sell the same service independently. The difference is that THEY hustled me, it's not like a sent an application in. I want to punch this douche in the face.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to domino.damoiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,162 Times in 4,238 Posts

Default Re: WARNING: SextPanther.com

I smell a huge load of bullshit

The site has not even launched yet and they are talking about earnings. I can offer the same thing to my followers through ELM. They are expecting models to provide the traffic through their own twitter -- yeah buddy. If I'm driving the traffic I don't need to split the money with you.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member domino.damoiselle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: WARNING: SextPanther.com

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    I smell a huge load of bullshit

The site has not even launched yet and they are talking about earnings. I can offer the same thing to my followers through ELM. They are expecting models to provide the traffic through their own twitter -- yeah buddy. If I'm driving the traffic I don't need to split the money with you.
    AMEN. So basically they want to leech off successful girls' success. It's not a new business model. And their site is supposed to launch in 2012, it's halfway through September, and they don't even know what kind of fee they're going to charge customers? Not only is this a poorly thought out plan, but they are clearly looking to take advantage of successful, entrepreneurial camgirls by riding their coattails. Fuck them.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to domino.damoiselle For This Useful Post: