Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Camming:Hotel, AirBnB & Hotspots

Thanks

Default Travel Camming:Hotel, AirBnB & Hotspots

Hey Ladies
    OOOOOOKKKK so to make this story short haha i am staying in a hotel for a week and need to cam while i am here. In a hotel cause my house isnt ready just yet for me to move into yet. No lie this place isnt pretty. so not much for a background n not much for lighting. and also my better quality cam is packed away for moving. So i only have my built in cam on my lap top. Anyone have tips or ideas to make this a better situation??? and maybe some topic ideas to explain y i am in such a shitty place haha maybe tell them i am stuck in this room til i make enough to move or some bs like that haha help me out plz not used to workin like this!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassyStunna13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 580 Posts

Default Re: Hotel Camming for a week :( help

Tell them your mansion is being fumigated. :-)

Seriously, is there any way AT ALL that you can unpack your good cam? That's what I would do first... lousy lighting can be fixed with the right cam. Other than that, just make one corner of the crappy hotel room look as nice and neat and presentable as possible, and make that your background?

Been there. Good luck! Hopefully the upload is fast enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
    What I DO have issues with, is that this was a couple of years ago And Judas is still in the freezer.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jessica1001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

You could be wasting your time and just become frustrated, and that shows. I suggest you work the social networks for potential new clients, directing them to stuff U already have done.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Shana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I was thinking about doing going to a hotel and camming do the fact that ,I moved with my mother she helps out with my little girl a lot I miss camming I was thinking just renting a room and working all night.And tell my mother I got a job working at hotel LOL

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mimiboo69 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Seriously before I got into the industry I was broke as hell and all I had was a hotel room (NOT just any hotel room.. a shitty ass hotel room). Make that shit work.
    Take this from someone that was once broke as fuck.

1.) Get better internet. Don't even bother using hotel internet because it's shitty and your cam is going to lag.
    You can get good pre-paid internet from verizon or cricket.

2.) Get some kind of sheet to put behind you. You can go to walmart and get a queen sheet for $6-$12.
    Pick a color that matches your skin tone. I'm black so I bought a pink sheet and literally hung it behind me.
    I also got different colors and shapes of pillows just to make it look all pretty. I bought maybe 4 pillows.
    I remember this costing me less than $30.

3.) Stop using your laptop camera and get your actual cam. If you don't have a good camera, get some lights. Grab two lamps. Again you can get this at walmart. Get two daylight bulbs or you can use the pink light bulbs. Pink light bulbs make the skin look great.

This is all you need to know. No one will know you're in a hotel room unless you tell them. You can still do bathroom shows as well..
    My bathroom was small as hell but I still did bathroom shows and made a killing. Just to change scenery.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 407 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I worked in a hotel for months with an upload speed of 4.5. I don't see how so many people know what the upload at your hotel would be.
    "Well then it's a good thing your faith in me has no impact on how much I make." - MissEgo

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drearea View Post
    I worked in a hotel for months with an upload speed of 4.5. I don't see how so many people know what the upload at your hotel would be.
    I never knew what the upload speed is. I just knew the motel where I stayed at had internet... and it was slow as fuck. I was unable to use it to cam. Well I could have but my earnings would have been really shitty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I'm planning on doing this, and was worried about the crap speeds also. I'm gonna get either clear or verizon.
    Last edited by Crustyz; 10-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,457 Posts

Does anyone know if the $50 verizon internet card is any good?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

this is a good thread- I for one will be traveling over the holidays and will need to be camming from a hotel quite frequently. I've cammed from one so far- their speed was really awesome! Guys liked the change of scenery. Since closer to the holidays I will be traveling, with no car, the lighting thing might become an issue. Does anyone know of any small, portable lighting solutions? I was thinking maybe some clip lights... has anyone ever flown with a suitcase full of lighting/camming set up stuff?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camgirl917 View Post
    Before any of you spend money, the wireless cards are not going to work with cam sites. The hotel internet will be much better than .60 upload from a wireless card. Tell the customers you are staying in a hotel for the week. No reason to redecorate or put sheets on the wall. Make up an interesting story. They are there to see you and not your room. Put the lamps closer to you for better lighting.
    I'm sorry I have to disagree with you but a hotel room (ESPECIALLY if you're staying at a notel motel ) IS going to look shitty without decorations. I wasn't decorating my room because I wanted to spend money - NO- I was broke and would have rather spent that money on food for the week. However, if one is trying to be successful camming and not just one of the girls online with a shitty cam and setup - Yes they will have to decorate the hotel room. You can make up excuses and tell guys all day that you're remodeling / don't have your usual cam/ lights broke or whatever - sure they will understand - if they don't understand, say fuck them and keep doing your own thing right? no... wrong. Guys don't want to watch a Webcam model with shitty cam, shitty lights in a shitty room. They're very visual creatures and a webcam model should do what she can to make sure the images she puts out there is of quality so clients WANT to pay to watch her. You said "They are there to see you - not your room" - well camgirls are judged by their rooms all the time. Read the threads on SW. A cam model's room will make or break her business, so will her lights and so will her cam - if it's not all set up right. That's just not something you can argue with. We don't decorate our rooms to be cute , we do it because we know the colors with the lights and cam will make us look better and if we look better the guys will pay. Fact of the matter is, if our cams look crappy - clients are going to move on to the next model. No denying that. Why risk that? Why be lazy and not TRY to make your room look somewhat decent. No offense Camgirl917 but I think you're giving very bad advice. A webcam model should always try her best to look and be the best.

Also on topic of wireless internet not working with cam sites - you are wrong. I used a wireless card from Cricket (mycriket.com) to cam years ago and it worked just fine. I also used a wireless card from time warner to cam and it was even better than the mycricket card. It was ALSO way better than the hotel internet. There is no webcam model tutorial that says wireless internet won't work on camsites - I also haven't seen it on any website. A lot of these things depends on what type of computer the model has. Some cams/devices aren't compatible with MAC computers for example. A model should always read the fine print before making a purchase.
    Last edited by Lovelyme; 10-04-2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Typo.

Banned
    Thanks

Forgot to add a few things to my OP.

If you've ever stayed a motel room, you know that they have those really UGLY comforters.
    What I did was remove the comforter from the bed completely OR if you really want to get creative
    you can flip the comforter over inside out so you don't see those ugly patterns. If you have the money to spend,
    go out and buy a pretty comforter at walmart. For those of you with a bigger budget, go to wakeupfrankie.com
    and get creative.

When I lived in the motel, the hotel owner didn't care what I did with the room as long as I didn't ruin it.
    If you are living there and they know , they won't care about decorations and stuff. When I did bathroom camshows, I even
    changed the shower curtain in the bathroom. The one the hotel had up was dreadful.

The most important thing is to make sure your customers can see and hear you clearly. If you want to stay in your bed
    for every single show - great, if you want to mix things up - even better. But always do whatever you can to make your cam interesting
    and stand out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I wanted to bump this

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mimiboo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,114 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy

Gah, I'm going to be on vacation for 12 days over the Christmas/New Year holidays and I'd really like to cam at least a few times. I called the hotel and asked about their wi-fi speeds in the rooms and the clerk told me he's not sure of the exact numbers but "it's pretty darn fast." WTH am I supposed to do with an answer like that? Lol. Does anyone know if Days Inns have adequate speeds for camming? I will not be broadcasting in HD, if that makes a difference. I really don't want to spend money on a wireless card if I don't need to, as this vacation is turning out to be so expensive as it is and I'm only planning on working three or four days, anyway.

Banned
    Thanks

Is it just me or is there some skeezy allure to seeing a girl camming in a hotel room? I mean, it's obvious it's a hotel room and I personally get kind of turned on by that so Im sure guys do too. I'd try to make it look as hotel room'ish as possible!!
    As for the crappy hotel wifi go sit in McDonalds parking lot behind the building by the dumpster and do some outdoor voyeur shows!!
    If I saw that in a girls room Id be like OMG!! And Id totally stick around.
    Also, times like this are why you always should have loads of content on your laptop, stuff that you havent sold yet for a just in case. I have a whole external hard drive for 'just in case trolls eat my face and I can't cam'

Thanks
    Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,675 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Mind Blowing Best & quickest way to start camming from a hotel room? Help!

So I've been thinking about camming lately & think that i could do quite well from it so my bug question for you ladies is what is the quickest & best way to start from scratch from my hotel room? I have a high speed connection, what else do I need? What company do I go thru? How quick can I get paid? Thanks so much!
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Best & quickest way to start camming from a hotel room? Help!

Start from scratch? You mean begin camming for the first time? I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly..

ETA; sorry my brain froze I guess. It depends on what kind of site you're looking to work for. Are you interested in token-based or more "private" based sites. There's tons of info about starting camming at the sticky at the top of the forum though!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,510 Times in 674 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

laptop, webcam, outfits, sex toys optional. lighting (lamps). microphone, disguises (wigs? makeup?).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 553 Posts

My Free Cams approved me the fastest, same day I think. This thread is about a daily-pay company https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...tantPay-Thread

I just do direct deposit and wait the two weeks or whatever. Check out the MFC thread for lots of info on it- also the beginning cam girls sticky at the top to avoid studios. You can just go there for the direct sign-up link, sign up, then can read the rest while waiting to be approved.

PinkGeisha: "NOTHING IMPRESSES A CAMMODEL MORE THAN A GUY THAT LETS HIS MONEY DO THE TALKING"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chloemay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 483 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Read up on USB internet hot spots since hotel internet, in my experience, isn't fast enough for camming.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to space_cowgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,675 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Thanks everyone! yes I'm currently a dancer so outfits & makeup I have covered, but I would need a web cam & possibly a faster connection. Yes, I'd like to cam for a site that would pay me the same day if possible with direct deposit I only ask bc I've been moving from hotel to hotel & working the club at night and not having enough time to read up on here about it all :/
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

You would need to sign up for one of the studios that do daily pay. Otherwise streamate or naked are the only sites that pay weekly and on time.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Agreed that your biggest problem will be actual available bandwidth through the hotel's internet router. Same is potentially true of internet 'hot spots' ... which will typically allow short bursts of high speed transfer but throttle down the average speed for sustained data transfer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default extended stay camming?

So as i've said before my mom got evicted from her apartment and im so bummed it was PERFECT for camming and a place i could work and visit family, Kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Im looking into condos and apartments for weekly rentals but not having the best luck. i'm willing to pay up to $120 a night for preferably an apt or house/townhome. I found one duplex
    online that a couple is renting out for $71 a night but they only have 2 reviews and it looks like the same person left both. I just want to make sure i do my research and its going to be a safe
    environment and not some creap im renting from.
    I know there have been some posts on camming from hotels, but what about an extended stay? I know some have it where not everyone in the place has high speed and you have to call
    and pay something like $20 a day for there high speed internet, i think the company is called Influxx or something (the cable company) im just wondering how reliable that would be. I dont know
    i also dont want to stay in a peice of crap where the matresses suck and all that. Im still searching online for apts/townhomes but i guess if i don't find anything i won't be visiting family
    My mom is staying in an oxford house with 5 other women she says its a nice environment, really clean and the women are nice, she has her own room but im obviously not working from there
    Anywho just wondering if anyone has worked from an extended stay or knows any sites good for weekly rentals ive been looking on airbnb
    Thanks in advance, i'm Homesick........ ; /

Thanks
    Thanked 19,551 Times in 3,647 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: extended stay camming?

Airbnb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast