View Poll Results: Do you think independent camming is the future of the industry?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.67%
  • No

14 58.33%
  • Not sure/It depends

6 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indie camming(Just doing appointments and stuff)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 461 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Indie camming(Just doing appointments and stuff)

I've been having a lot of luck lately doing independent camming. I signed up with two different directories(One owned by the lovely Domino, and another which I'll gladly post if I'm allowed. Mods?). I haven't had any serious clients through Domino's site yet, but the other site I've only been listed for a day and I've already had 5 guys contact me with serious inquiries for shows. I've also advertised on a few other websites as well.
    I'm really starting to think this is the best way to go for a lot of girls, especially with how many scam artists now seem to be getting into camming on the big sites, and how many girls on those sites seem to be willing to do just about anything for pennies. not to mention, with indie camming you get to keep way more of your money, since your only cost is advertising and whatever it costs you to build a website.

What do the rest of you think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Indie camming(Just doing appointments and stuff)

Yeah indy camming is GREAT, I personally love it and don't do free cam sites at all.. but it's not for everyone. I don't think it will become the "future of the industry" because most models don't have the time/patience/motivation/skills to put into making it work. It's very different from just logging onto a big box site and being bombarded with guys. You have to wait, sometimes for long periods of time, before you even get anyone interested in chatting. You have to build your own presence online and promote yourself - if you aren't on a big site guys won't find you as easily and just show up ready to pay.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to limecoconut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,731 Times in 1,387 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

I agree. I've done indy phone sex and used to cam on a few indy sites (NF) so it can be promising, but it's a lot of hard work to market yourself and make the kind of money you really want. I'm thinking of getting back into camming myself and going full indy after a while. So, it really depends. No matter what you do, unless you accept money orders/cash/gfs someone else is always going to get another pinch.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

God/dess cherryblossomsinspring's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,524 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I don't think it will necessarily be the future of camming but it would be nice if it was. I think what I've seen some models on MFC do is to promote their own person cam sites. This allows them to move on with a nice customer base which allows them to go full indy. I still see them log back into the big box cam sites because I think their customers will always go back to see what other options their are.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cherryblossomsinspring For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

I would like to know the site you speak of, if you could PM me that'd be great! I haven't done much indy camming but I've been thinking about it the past few days, big box sites have been letting me down.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,614 Times in 2,371 Posts

I would love to do more of it if it weren't for the idiot timewasters and chargebacks. I've been unable to find a reliable payment method except for using extralunchmoney, and ladies on there are selling cam shows way too cheap so it's hard to compete.

I find guys want independent shows because they expect you to work for pennies or they plan to do a chargeback later. How do you ladies who are independent deal with that?

My favorite adult
    website host

~ affordable, reliable, fast

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 461 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by crashingsilent View Post
    I would like to know the site you speak of, if you could PM me that'd be great! I haven't done much indy camming but I've been thinking about it the past few days, big box sites have been letting me down.
    www.cammodeldirectory.com is the site, if I'm allowed to post it. It's been really great for me so far.

As far as free loaders and time wasters, i've had a few, but it's not as bad as what i get when I'm on MFC or SM. But, I'm also new, so I'm sure I'll get more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 Times in 1,930 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Blog Entries

I would also love the name of the site...PM me, bb?

I think that indy is great, but I don't think that it is the future of the industry. Rather, I think that it is the past. Years ago, meeting people through Yahoo and skype and doing camshows from there was more common than having SO MANY big sites - it is how the industry got started!! Now, big sites are becoming more and more prolific, and sadly, because you CAN get more for less (as a customer) people are more likely to shop there.

Indy camming is great for girls like me (not that I do enough of it, really) who charge a high rate, only do pvt, and don't give ANYTHING away for free, because it does actually work out cheaper for the customer. If I am charging $10 a min on SM (which I do), they are paying $100 for a 10 min show, whereas on skype, they might only be paying $75. I get more money, they pay less money. Win win. But if you are charging $2 per minute, and doing goldshows all day every day that are $5 for 10 minutes, what would the incentive be for the customer to pay the same, and go through skype, rather than a reliable site? Unless, of course, you start charging $1 a minute for indy shows, in which case, what would the motivation be for the cam girl? Make MAX $60 an hour indy, or way more doing gold shows on SM?

As long as prices keep dropping, indy will keep dropping off....not to mention the difficulty with finding payment processors that will still ALLOW adult industry transactions...
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

Follow me on twitter! @MooreScarlett
    www.scarlettmoore.cammodels.com
    Hear me ramble about random things: www.themagdaleneperspective.blogspot.ca

Banned
    Thanks

Using Payoneer, I havent had any issues with chargebacks. I don't mind their fees, it's less work that I have to do and time is money so they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    I would love to do more of it if it weren't for the idiot timewasters and chargebacks. I've been unable to find a reliable payment method except for using extralunchmoney, and ladies on there are selling cam shows way too cheap so it's hard to compete.

I find guys want independent shows because they expect you to work for pennies or they plan to do a chargeback later. How do you ladies who are independent deal with that?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,731 Times in 1,387 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

I haven't had a chargeback yet using the processor I do for phone sex and I've had it over a year. I make sure to put a clause on my site letting them know that I will/do go after chargebackers legally. I also will attach a fee. They are either giving me their info over the phone, or keying it in themselves. I have their info right there, and it's much harder (if not impossible) to chargeback using a gift card. I think also some places ask for bank phone numbers to make sure if a chargeback does happen, they can call the bank and dispute it. I'll probably make a public section on my site for chargebackers. OR get an indy list of chargebackers together to share with other indy girls. Yeah, it's fucked up to put them on blast like that but it's not cool to bust a nut and steal from people. Another great way to weed chargebackers out is possibly state their name during the show. It's another way I plan on weeding out stolen content. I'll put their name or a "number" in my watermark. And if it goes viral I know who to go after. I try and get personal with my guys and if they are filling out info then their names are available for me to see. I use MPS's billing.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread