+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype do's and don'ts

Thanks

Default Skype do's and don'ts

I have never used Skype before but I am thinking about it. Few questions.... Do u make good money doing this? I work on mfc and chaturbate so would I just have them tip me the amount I charge as token tips before we start the show? And how much do you charge? Do u have a per minute rate or a flat rate? Any tips for skyping would be awesome. Thank u ladies

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassyStunna13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 461 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: Skype do's and don'ts

I charge per minute unless it's a guy who's spent a lot on me, then I'll just say "Okay $25 and I'll cum" and it lasts anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Otherwise it's $3/minute for masturbation, $4/minute for toys, $5/min vanilla sex,, etc. Basically my price goes up the more extreme or labor-intensive the show is.
    What i will say is DO NOT ACCEPT CALLS OR SEND CALLS UNTIL YOU'VE RECEIVED MONEY. A common trick these guys try to pull is saying they wanna see your "cam quality", but the second you call they shove their dick in the camera and are like SEE MY DICK? SEE MY DICK? and never end up paying you.
    Accept payment in the form of Amazon gift codes ONLY. Some people say Giftrocket too but I've never used it. Add the gift code to your account balance BEFORE starting the show, that way you actually have it. Also, obviously you can accept tokens as payment but make sure you're getting what you're worth. if you want to advertise yur indie shows, you can do so on sites like http://www.cammodeldirectory.com/ and http://dominosdamsels.com/. Domino's has a built-in payment method system, which is convenient and safe.
    Also, keep a record of the Skype usernames of people who are abusive, rude, etc, for your own records in case there's ever a need to share the information with police or website owners.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

My camming career actually started on Skype. Like Jaana said, don't start the call until you confirm that you have received the money. I have always used Paypal to accept payments. I definitely trust them and have never had a problem. With Paypal you can transfer the money straight to your bank account.

ashleyryder.cammodels.com
    profiles.myfreecams.com/ashleyryder69

Thanks
    Thanked 5,909 Times in 1,429 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

When I used to cam I used skype and used pp. Now I'll accept post office bought money orders, cash, and cc/debit through a processor I have. Pre-payment is the way to go. I won't accept amazon gc for payment, just "tips and gifts" If I charge by how much time they want and minutes do not roll over. So, if I charge $3.99 per min for a 10 min show, I accept a lump some of $39.99 and won't accept until it goes through.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRyder View Post
    My camming career actually started on Skype. Like Jaana said, don't start the call until you confirm that you have received the money. I have always used Paypal to accept payments. I definitely trust them and have never had a problem. With Paypal you can transfer the money straight to your bank account.
    ummmm... be CAREFUL!!! paypal is NOT adult friendly and as soon as they find out u have been using it as such, they WILL freeze ur funds. it is just a matter of time before they do too.

Veteran Member domino.damoiselle's Avatar
    Thanks

I second the "Do not use Paypal" motion. They will freeze your account, they may take your money, and you will never be able to sign up for Paypal ever again, even for personal, vanilla use. This means you'll have a ton of trouble buying on Ebay, since they own Paypal.

Like Jaana said, don't accept or send calls before receiving payment. Watch your time. Once you get used to doing Skype shows, you'll develop a good sense of when 15 minutes is up. Don't do free previews. Don't let guys ask too many questions - list all of the pertinent information on one of your profiles or your website and direct frequently asked questions there. Most guys that want you to answer specific questions about your shows are just getting off on you chatting for free. You'll learn to spot timewasters. Use your block button if you need to.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to domino.damoiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumbitch View Post
    ummmm... be CAREFUL!!! paypal is NOT adult friendly and as soon as they find out u have been using it as such, they WILL freeze ur funds. it is just a matter of time before they do too.
    Thanks, I've never heard that before. I've actually been using them for about a year now.
    Last edited by AshleyRyder; 11-15-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,909 Times in 1,429 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Try using this is you don't want to keep time. http://download.cnet.com/Cool-Timer/...-10062255.html just put your volume down low so it doesn't scare the crap out of you. 100% free and you never have to worry about going over.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,059 Times in 3,304 Posts

I felt a little sad the other day when I saw a beautiful 5,000+ cam score Black model on MFC telling a guy in her room that he can pay her via PayPal for a Skype show. Not her fault that she's unaware of the risk. I had sent her an MFC Mail to say hi and suggest she reconsider using PP for Skype shows (I wasn't being a Ms. Know-It-All or anything...I was very polite). I hope it doesn't make her uncomfortable that I messaged her about it. When I checked yesterday, it said that she hadn't read the message yet. I remember accepting PayPal a while back for a couple of cam shows, and then when I learned about their policy, I was truly grateful to have fellow models like you guys to set me straight.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

SSpeaking as someone who's banned for life from Paypal because I sold someone a FOOT video, I'd advise against using it ever. It sucks not being able to even go on Ebay.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I also am banned from PP from using it for cam show payments as a teen. Quit using it immediately. Not only are you at risk of losing your money and never being able to use pp again, it also is really frustrating and hurtful to the indy cam community. You don't know how many guys I get saying "well so and so uses paypal and all the cam girls I've ever talked to / all the cam girls on this directory site I've gone to, blah blah blah, they all use it." So I have to waste my time talking to them to begin w/ because they're caught up on the idea that using pp is accepted.

Also I hope you at least made an account with your stage name and email bc if you're using your real account they can see your real name. This idiot girl I USED to cam with did that and he found her REAL profile on fb. I stopped talking to her then because I don't want some creepers finding me because of her stupidity.

Any way, I think once you are banned from pp you can sign up again for regular use, you just need a diff bank account and credit card #. Which isn't too convenient but you could open a savings account or say you lost your check card and it might work. Especially if you change your address. Haven't tried this yet but I believe that could work. It's rly awkward sometimes cuz my parents will tell me oh you can pay for such and such online just use paypal it's easy. and I hve to make excuses why I can't lol.. ugh.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to limecoconut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks everybody!!! This is great information to know!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by limecoconut View Post
    Any way, I think once you are banned from pp you can sign up again for regular use, you just need a diff bank account and credit card #. Which isn't too convenient but you could open a savings account or say you lost your check card and it might work. Especially if you change your address. Haven't tried this yet but I believe that could work. It's rly awkward sometimes cuz my parents will tell me oh you can pay for such and such online just use paypal it's easy. and I hve to make excuses why I can't lol.. ugh.
    There are ways around being banned, but it's incredibly complicated and a GIANT pain in the ass. They'll probably catch you again, too. It's not worth it.
    Last edited by domino.damoiselle; 02-13-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Removed reference to GiftRocket

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to domino.damoiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jeeze. Paypal Sucks!!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to limecoconut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I use payoneer for my skype shows. I also use payoneer to get paid via sm & mfc. But anyone can load $$ to the card, all they need is your email and they are charged a $5 fee to load the $$.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DEUCESWILD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Payoneer isn't instant, though. I've had people gift me through it and it takes two days to have the money.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,059 Times in 3,304 Posts

I seem to dread doing Skype shows now...especially 30 minute ones. I don't want guys misunderstanding, thinking it means I'll be pounding my pussy for 30 minutes. Hell no...

Honestly, I think I'd rather make a custom video for a guy than to hop onto Skype for a scheduled show, and pretend that I'm horny right then and there, while his big 'ole face is on the screen watching me...ugh. And if it's quiet and I can't even SEE him jerking off (all I see is face and his chest), that makes it extremely awkward for me, and I just want it to hurry up and be over.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

I have never done a skype show, but I have someone who just requested one and I want to, but i'm scared to see them all huge on the screen & try to concentrate.... It just seems nerve wracking. I definitely much prefer making custom videos!

xoxoxox

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Vela Valentine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 774 Posts

^ yea but i'll take seeing them on skype over dealing with free chat hell any day! that's a good trade off for me, lol.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubblegumbitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,675 Times in 2,387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domino.damoiselle View Post
    There are ways around being banned, but it's incredibly complicated and a GIANT pain in the ass. They'll probably catch you again, too. It's not worth it. Use GiftRocket.com instead. You can even transfer the money from GiftRocket to Paypal, and there's nothing Paypal can do about that.
    Unfortunately GiftRocket isn't that safe either. They do not check to see if there is money on the guy's card so if they use a card with no money or a prepaid one with like a dollar on it, you could do the show and do not find out till later that it's no good.

You can go redeem it immediately at giftrocket and it looks like it went through, but then when the money transfer is ready to go through a day or 3 days later depending on how you chose to get the money, they will tell you the card was declined so you get zero money.

The only 100% safe way to get money without giving up a percentage I've found is greendot moneypaks. It's hard to get guys to use them because they have to be bought from a retail location.

If you don't mind giving up a percentage, extralunchmoney site covers all chargebacks (and you get a bonus for a signup too).

My favorite adult
    website host

~ affordable, reliable, fast

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Unfortunately GiftRocket isn't that safe either. They do not check to see if there is money on the guy's card so if they use a card with no money or a prepaid one with like a dollar on it, you could do the show and do not find out till later that it's no good.

You can go redeem it immediately at giftrocket and it looks like it went through, but then when the money transfer is ready to go through a day or 3 days later depending on how you chose to get the money, they will tell you the card was declined so you get zero money.

The only 100% safe way to get money without giving up a percentage I've found is greendot moneypaks. It's hard to get guys to use them because they have to be bought from a retail location.

If you don't mind giving up a percentage, extralunchmoney site covers all chargebacks (and you get a bonus for a signup too).
    Yeah, this actually happened when I sent someone money (not work related) the other day. My credit card company thought it was a fraudulent purchase. Later, I got an email saying the transaction was canceled. If you're independent, you're definitely better off using a safer payment processor. I've never used Moneypak, but I think it can be a bit of a hassle for a customer that wants a show on the fly. I prefer CCBill, though they do charge 15% per transaction (still better than SM or MFC) and there is still a risk for chargebacks.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domino.damoiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by domino.damoiselle View Post
    Yeah, this actually happened when I sent someone money (not work related) the other day. My credit card company thought it was a fraudulent purchase. Later, I got an email saying the transaction was canceled. If you're independent, you're definitely better off using a safer payment processor. I've never used Moneypak, but I think it can be a bit of a hassle for a customer that wants a show on the fly. I prefer CCBill, though they do charge 15% per transaction (still better than SM or MFC) and there is still a risk for chargebacks.
    I've been dircting guys to MGF, since my cut there is better than anywhere else, but I'm scared of what will happen if I ever have a chargeback situation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

I have read this whole thread after doing a search for skype on SW because it seemed to me (a COMPLETE newbie, mind you, who's still doing her research!) that it could be more profitable and simple than having to deal with camsites. But, from what I've read, there's no safe way to receive money, is that right? I mean, I live in Brazil so chances are no stalkers will hassle me, but I don't want to give up safety anyway.

So is there anyone else besides DEUCESWILD that uses Payoneer? I have setup an account there to receive payments so it would be nice if it worked. Have any of you had other issues with it besides the money taking a lot of time to reach through?

Thanks in advance for the info =)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 407 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

Andie browse Sw and read this post. PAYPAL IS NO SAFE. it s written a couple of lines above. welcome!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

CarmenF thanks for the pointer, no Paypal ever! I had heard about the issues with the adult industry before, so I'd never even try it. Still doing my research for a trusty payment receiver and still evaluating if Skype shows are worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast