Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3415

Thread: The Totally Random Thread...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,190 Times in 4,623 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Default Re: The Totally Random Thread...

^ I live somewhere that gets super cold in the winter. They would have to migrate south in order to survive, I would think. It must just be a late migrater.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,881 Times in 5,466 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    I've been having a bunch of bees and yellow jackets in my backyard, harassing us for our drinks(watermelon juice). I read something about them wanting sugar even more in autumn so I put some honey outside near the back fence where we don't hang out at. As soon as I put it out, a hummingbird went right to it. I watched the little guy swoop down for it and eat some and fly away. I'm not sure if those are supposed to have honey and that wasn't my intention to attract a hummingbird. That made my day though.
    Hummingbirds will drink sugar water, honey, nectar, etc. I used to love watching them come up to the feeder.

Random- I need more coffee, ugh.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

I live in an small apartment with my cat.
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 Times in 2,561 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

My dad has called my bf 5 times this morning, twice to talk to me. I asked my bf, "Why doesn't he just call me?" and he just gives me his "I don't know, why are you asking me?" face.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elektra Luxx For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,641 Times in 2,584 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    ^ I live somewhere that gets super cold in the winter. They would have to migrate south in order to survive, I would think. It must just be a late migrater.
    We get people who come south for the winter. It appears they are already arriving.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    We get people who come south for the winter. It appears they are already arriving.
    I can't say that I blame them. Winter is brutal the further North East you are from, in the U.S. I'd do the same if I could.

Thanks

Random- the people that founded this city I live in were sooooo eccentric. That is all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

It's kind of amusing when old people see me walking with my kids and try to give me lectures about teen pregnancy. Nevermind the fact that I'm over 30 years old. I suppose I should take it as a compliment that people think I'm still young.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,687 Times in 771 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Does anyone drive a lime-green Kia Soul?

Thanks

Dental work is so expensive.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,687 Times in 1,521 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

The way it’s looking, I’ll have an album ready by mid-October. Had a listen to the test pressing, and it’s even more bleak than I anticipated. Definitely not a collection of songs to invoke joy and happiness. The number of CDs being pressed is pretty low. I’m planning on uploading it to Spotify.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Will you be on the "cover"?

Last edited by slowpoke; 09-30-2020 at 12:38 PM.

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

It is already Christmas at Wal*Mart.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Will you be on the "cover"?
    No

https://phys.org/news/2020-09-dna-insects-embedded-resin.html

Just what 2020 fucking needs…

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Insect DNA?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Can't believe Dwayne Johnson is six years older than me. I always thought he was younger.

Took my girl cats to the vet for shots. They were PISSED. I couldn't go in with them but I got the impression they were difficult. There was so much noise that other people in the parking lot were looking over. They checked out well, but Willow is a bit overweight.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This morning I decided we're not getting another dog. I need a break from dog-parenting. At least a year of no puddles, messes and hair all over my car seats.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 726 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

It is already Christmas at Wal*Mart.
    To be honest I already bought a Christmas tree, as those suckers go fast once November starts.
    I plan to put a white blanket over the tree with a scary face to make it look like a ghost and face it towards my neighbors windows.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

We left a Christmas tree up for several years and re-decorated for various occasions - Easter, St Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BambiCutie View Post
    To be honest I already bought a Christmas tree, as those suckers go fast once November starts.
    I plan to put a white blanket over the tree with a scary face to make it look like a ghost and face it towards my neighbors windows.
    Right now a Walmart board member is standing on a large conference table showing this post to the rest of the board
    Where Am I? The Beach

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Absolute shit mood yesterday when I had to stop by the hardware store. I didn't feel like driving all the way to Home Depot, so I went to the local ACE.

There was a sign on the door: "Do not let the cat out."

Cat?!

He was roaming the isles, apparently living there. I got to give him scratches and left feeling a bit better.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 726 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

This reminds me of nearly all the freeloaders that would come into free chat trying to act all that and a bag of Lays chips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a random political note, a fly landed on the Vice President's head. Fly on Mike Pence’s head, you have two minutes to respond.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=mike+pe...Ctwgr%5Esearch
    Last edited by BambiCutie; 10-07-2020 at 08:04 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was disappointed to see someone on Facebook trying to re-home a bitey, aggressive dog and downplaying the potential for danger. Look, it's irresponsible to do that when that dog could end up being around toddler and small kids. I know no one wants to be the "Bad guy" and turn a dog over to be put down for aggressive behavior, but look....it's not worth the risk.

People, be responsible. Not every dog can be a family dog.

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

I miss doing live shows. We were looking through some videos (amd I think I made a couple people uneasy) on my computer. I did a stint with a crust punk band… sort of. They had a singer, but the problem was she would get too drunk to finish heir sets and they’d have to take her off the stage and end their set early. But she was tall, liked to wear miniskirts and cropped shirts, and she’d draw people to their shows. So they had me record a couple tracks to “legitimize” me as a band member (and also because I’ma more powerful vocalist than she is), and once she got too drunk to compntinue, they’d do a couple instrumental tracks then switch the set list and that’s when I’d come on. So I’m heading towards the stage, but the vibe kinda died when she literally passed out on stage. Well, I’d done gigs as a go-go dancer and understood the importance of keeping the crowd moving. So I charged at the biggest guy I’d seen in the pit, slammed into him (amd had pretty much no effect… I’m just under 4’11” and pretty slender, while he had to be at least 6’5” and was stocky), then into some other people while yelling, “Get moving, you fuckers!”. Then a bunch of women in he audience jumped in, the crowd got fired up, and the rest of them did the wind down tune that indicated I needed to grab a mic and get ready, so I approached the stage. Instead they handed me a wireless mic and indicated they wanted me to stay on the floor, so I’m just screaming my lungs out surrounded by complete chaos, grabbing people by he shirt collar and yelling the lyrics in their faces, jumping into the middle of the pit, mocking those who kept a safe distance away…I kinda went a little unhinged that night. What a great time it was. Sore as hell once the adrenaline wore off, but it was worth it. I do miss it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    I miss doing live shows. We were looking through some videos (amd I think I made a couple people uneasy) on my computer. I did a stint with a crust punk band… sort of. They had a singer, but the problem was she would get too drunk to finish heir sets and they’d have to take her off the stage and end their set early. But she was tall, liked to wear miniskirts and cropped shirts, and she’d draw people to their shows. So they had me record a couple tracks to “legitimize” me as a band member (and also because I’ma more powerful vocalist than she is), and once she got too drunk to compntinue, they’d do a couple instrumental tracks then switch the set list and that’s when I’d come on. So I’m heading towards the stage, but the vibe kinda died when she literally passed out on stage. Well, I’d done gigs as a go-go dancer and understood the importance of keeping the crowd moving. So I charged at the biggest guy I’d seen in the pit, slammed into him (amd had pretty much no effect… I’m just under 4’11” and pretty slender, while he had to be at least 6’5” and was stocky), then into some other people while yelling, “Get moving, you fuckers!”. Then a bunch of women in he audience jumped in, the crowd got fired up, and the rest of them did the wind down tune that indicated I needed to grab a mic and get ready, so I approached the stage. Instead they handed me a wireless mic and indicated they wanted me to stay on the floor, so I’m just screaming my lungs out surrounded by complete chaos, grabbing people by he shirt collar and yelling the lyrics in their faces, jumping into the middle of the pit, mocking those who kept a safe distance away…I kinda went a little unhinged that night. What a great time it was. Sore as hell once the adrenaline wore off, but it was worth it. I do miss it.
    Performing is a special high, but TBH I miss everything live
    Where Am I? The Beach

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    Performing is a special high, but TBH I miss everything live
    So do I, it i especially miss performing live. Of all the projects I’ve been involved in, that was my favorite one to do live performances with. I absolutely loved when the crowd would first recoil and have their, “Oh, shit!” moment (because I absolutely did not look like I belonged there… I like to wear dresses, keep my hair up, normally wear a bandana or head scarf in my hair… didn’t look very anti-authoritarian at all), then they’d just go absolutely fucking wild, and so would I. I have a lot of lent up energy and aggression, and this way I could channel it into something productive, and the energy of those shows was just amazing and so high intensity.