Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3246

Thread: Have a Question Related to Camming? Unsure Where to Ask? Post ANY AND ALL Here!

Thanks
    Thanked 21,047 Times in 10,873 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Have a Question Related to Camming? Unsure Where to Ask? Post ANY AND ALL Here!

Ok, so I was using the logitech 930e. Came across the 920, I decided to give it a try on the newer lappie, & it brought up Logitech Capture? I installed, for w/e it does, years ago I took photos w/a logitech I had , don't remember which one. Anyone used/like it?

I'll try to play around w/it later, been off cam for a bit for lunch & phone interview.

Edit: I took it off & went on back to 930e, the picture wasn't as crisp.

Blessed are They Who See Beautiful Things
    in Humble Places Where Other People see Nothing.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 Times in 850 Posts

Default Re: Have a Question Related to Camming? Unsure Where to Ask? Post ANY AND ALL Here!

Anyone have an issue with Skype where it says you have a message as the little red circle is there saying you do but when you open the application, there are no messages but the notificiation saying I have a message wont go away.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,103 Times in 1,819 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

Is the new girl status on streamate 2 weeks from the time they approve you or 2 weeks from the time you first stream? or is it a month.. I'm lost
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 485 Posts

So, has anyone here had any experience camming from a college dorm?

Asking for a friend
    Camming PC specs database and suggested builds ||Post your internet speedtest results .||Wanna stay safe while camming? Find out how ||||||

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KarinaGiselle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,013 Times in 5,819 Posts

When models have things on their menu like "Buy me a cup of coffee...buy me a massage...etc.." with dollar or token amounts beside it, are they factoring into that that they're receiving a certain percentage of those tips?

So for example, let's say we're talking about on ManyVids. If a cup of coffee is $3, are they actually putting $3 in their menu...or are they putting $5 (since they'd be getting 60% of that)?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,047 Times in 10,873 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by KarinaGiselle View Post
    So, has anyone here had any experience camming from a college dorm?

Asking for a friend
    Karina! Love _ miss you!
    I don't, but be sure to use a VPN. I use Express

Blessed are They Who See Beautiful Things
    in Humble Places Where Other People see Nothing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 784 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by izshadow View Post
    Anyone have an issue with Skype where it says you have a message as the little red circle is there saying you do but when you open the application, there are no messages but the notificiation saying I have a message wont go away.
    I just had that issue today. I received two messages from two different people not in my contacts list. I could see the message in my side bar but not in the application

Edit: Figured out what it was when a blocked contact messages you- you will receive a notification -lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What do you think is a good token amount to charge for a fan sign?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Yes. I cammed with a hotspot, do NOT cam on the dorm wifi. Most cam sites will be blocked anyways.

And if you have dorm mates, make sure they know. Even if you think you know their schedule completely and think you can cam around it, there WILL be times they come home sooner than expected. So you have to actually communicate about your schedule, etc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VioletOctober For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How much does everyone charge for panties? I haven't shipped out any for a couple years and used to charge 2000 tokens/$100 which isn't what I want anymore. I told this new guy who inquired that I'd ship them out for $350 (lol)... the way I see it it's less about the price of the panties and more that they get to own an actual physical item that once belonged to me. And the fact that they'd basically get to know my general area from where it was mailed.

Anyone have any tips about how to ship them and faking the mailing location? I usually cross the state line and into another city.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minibagel View Post
    How much does everyone charge for panties? I haven't shipped out any for a couple years and used to charge 2000 tokens/$100 which isn't what I want anymore. I told this new guy who inquired that I'd ship them out for $350 (lol)... the way I see it it's less about the price of the panties and more that they get to own an actual physical item that once belonged to me. And the fact that they'd basically get to know my general area from where it was mailed.

Anyone have any tips about how to ship them and faking the mailing location? I usually cross the state line and into another city.

I've always charged 1,000 tokens. And I'd just put them in a manila bubble envelope with stamps, and try to mail them from a different town. I don't drive, so I can't just go to a different county to mail them from there. I depend on the local bus to get around.

When I see people offering worn panties for only like 300/400 tokens, it makes me wish they'd charge higher. They're only getting $15/20 in their pocket. That's not even enough money for me to buy a dozen crabs from my favorite crab spot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

:o Your panties are worth so much more, especially if you're having to use public transport to get around!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VioletOctober For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VioletOctober View Post
    :o Your panties are worth so much more, especially if you're having to use public transport to get around!

Hi, Violet! The bus is only $1, and I've been getting my panties from Dollar General. What would you charge for one pair of panties? Because when this question used to come up on here, the amounts most women were stating were 1,000 tokens and some less. And when I've browsed what other models (popular models) are charging, they are charging way less than I am. If someone wanted to pay me 1,000/$100 right now for a pair of panties (On ManyVids if they pay $100 via the "Make it rain" feature, I'd get 80%), they're getting a pair.
    Last edited by TheBrownFox; 02-08-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,072 Times in 2,650 Posts

I charge $100.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How much does everyone charge for panties? I haven't shipped out any for a couple years and used to charge 2000 tokens/$100 which isn't what I want anymore. I told this new guy who inquired that I'd ship them out for $350 (lol)...

If you're talking about MyFreeCams or Chaturbate and you were charging 2,000 tokens, you're charging the guy $200 and getting $100 (half) in your pocket.

If you tell the new guy $350, in his mind he's gonna think you mean 3,500 tokens (Because that's what $350 to HIM means). 3,500 tokens = $175 in your pocket. Now if you meant that you're trying to get $350 in your pocket, then you would be charging him 7,000 tokens.

And arielbriel, when you say you charge $100, is that the amount you're actually receiving in your pocket? Or is that the amount the guy is paying?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    If you're talking about MyFreeCams or Chaturbate and you were charging 2,000 tokens, you're charging the guy $200 and getting $100 (half) in your pocket.

If you tell the new guy $350, in his mind he's gonna think you mean 3,500 tokens (Because that's what $350 to HIM means). 3,500 tokens = $175 in your pocket. Now if you meant that you're trying to get $350 in your pocket, then you would be charging him 7,000 tokens.

And arielbriel, when you say you charge $100, is that the amount you're actually receiving in your pocket? Or is that the amount the guy is paying?
    I've only done it once and it was actually a lingerie set so a bra + panties. I charged $250, got it all, minus shipping and I did a 10 min cam show with the items on ($-30). The guy also picked out and paid for the set separately and I just ordered it. For just panties, I would charge $100 but I see girls on reddit selling for as low as $20... Jeez.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    For just panties, I would charge $100 but I see girls on reddit selling for as low as $20... Jeez.

I know, this is what I telling Violet earlier in this thread about people selling them for so cheap. I had considered listing on some of those panty selling sites a while ago...until I found out they charge models monthly fees (Fuuuck that!), and models are on there selling panties for $15/$20. Fuuuck that.

So you would charge $100 and get the entire cut of the $100? It wasn't through a token site? I know on MFC I'd only get half of what the guy tips. On ManyVids I can get 80% if they use the "Make it rain" feature. Actually, more like 75% since I get Boleyn Models daily pay.

Thanks

^^Ya sorry I just meant $350 USD lol, the guy was going to pay via an alternative method. I think I freaked him out so hey at least that solves my dilemma of trying to figure out a better mailing method lol.

As for tokens, I actually love the token system for MFC because it is a currency that everyone understands is basically designed for guys to spend more to give the model what she wants. Most paying members know that each token is always worth a nickel *to the model* regardless of the token package purchased. So everyone knows a $5 tip = 100tokens, $50 = 1000 tk, $100 = 2000 tk, $1000 = 20,000tk, etc.
    Last edited by minibagel; 02-10-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks

^wanted to add that if a model wants $100 for something she'll declare it in the equivalent token form which is 2000 tokens. And any regular paying member of the site will understand she wants $100

Thanks

^Yeah, as MFC models, you and I know that about the token system, but a lot of these guys don't know that, which is why I just flat out tell them that such and such will cost them X tokens. It's just easier that way, as a lot of these guys need this stuff spelled out for them. Lol. Someone on ManyVids Live was asking me the other night about a custom video, and asked if I'd get a large cut of the money he tipped. So I told him that if he used the "Make it rain" feature or the "Custom Video" button on my profile, that would be ideal since those options boost my cut to 80%.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,650 Times in 4,377 Posts

^^Ya sorry I just meant $350 USD lol, the guy was going to pay via an alternative method. I think I freaked him out so hey at least that solves my dilemma of trying to figure out a better mailing method lol.

As for tokens, I actually love the token system for MFC because it is a currency that everyone understands is basically designed for guys to spend more to give the model what she wants. Most paying members know that each token is always worth a nickel *to the model* regardless of the token package purchased. So everyone knows a $5 tip = 100tokens, $50 = 1000 tk, $100 = 2000 tk, $1000 = 20,000tk, etc.
    Haven't seen any models successfully sell for $350. Really that's what they should pay, at least that - they are getting something extremely personal and you're taking a big risk letting some random guy see the general area where you live even if you drive elsewhere to mail it.

I decided it's too much trouble, plus most of them expect to get them for $20. Wouldn't even bother to mail them anything at that price and definitely not panties.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yep, I wouldn't do it for less than 100 PLUS shipping. Anyways, I was annoyed walking the ten mins to the post office. I would NEVER do it for less. I really don't even advertise it. It kind of grosses me out TBH LOL.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't advertise the option either anymore but for those who ask it will be no less than $350 from now on! Honestly $500 sounds even better

Thanks
    Thanked 22,184 Times in 6,171 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    I've only done it once and it was actually a lingerie set so a bra + panties. I charged $250, got it all, minus shipping and I did a 10 min cam show with the items on ($-30). The guy also picked out and paid for the set separately and I just ordered it. For just panties, I would charge $100 but I see girls on reddit selling for as low as $20... Jeez.
    The first time I ever sold a pair of panties my cut came out to be around $15?? After postage, packaging and the actual cost of the underwear, that was it. I was all in until I realized I was selling myself short. Some people need to learn the hard way and some never learn at all. Afterwards he would do a show like twice a month, but then I blocked him because it reminded me of a time I got caught slipping.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    The first time I ever sold a pair of panties my cut came out to be around $15?? After postage, packaging and the actual cost of the underwear, that was it. I was all in until I realized I was selling myself short. Some people need to learn the hard way and some never learn at all. Afterwards he would do a show like twice a month, but then I blocked him because it reminded me of a time I got caught slipping.

im cracking up bc i am so basic.. they get it wrapped in plastic mailed using any envelope with a few stamps

one time i didn't have a envelope and made one out of notebook paper. it was cute all scotch taped together.

i dont go above and beyond if the money isnt mutual. break it down and lost all income just driving to the post office. I drop in my outbox and flip the flag up for pick up.

what i didnt realize with panties is usually they want them scented. The first time i tried to play it off and use baby oil with cum lube, like I didnt see that shit seeping through the envelope. he write me complaining.
    lol I blamed it on the postal service. mustve gotten mixed up. lol

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post: