Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camming Through Heartbreak & Grief

Thanks
    Thanked 7,591 Times in 1,955 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default Camming Through Heartbreak & Grief

One of the things that comes up time and time again is that the girls that make the money are the ones that just LOG ON no matter what. Hours = money. Which is pretty simple.

One of the other things that I have seen lots of girls talking about is struggling with depression, breakups, losses, and generally tough times in their lives.

I know that for me, camming is HARD when you aren't feeling emotionally 100%. It is far too easy to just curl up in the feotal position and decide not to work at all. After all, no one is going to fire you if you don't work for a while. No boss is going to tell you you have to. And it is really, really easy to say to yourself "oh, I'll just work a really long day tomorrow and make up for it" (Or the next day. Or have a marathon week next week. Or whatever.) And then you find yourself struggling, and even more miserable because you are broke as well as sad.

It's also incredibly hard because you pretty much need to be emotionally strong to cam - unless you have a "bitch" persona, you need to be smiley, happy, upbeat, flirty...you need to project sexiness even if you feel like a busted can of biscuits. And you have to deal with trolls, assholes and mean people - or just deal with sitting there for an hour doing nothing and feeling unwanted. It's an incredibly emotional job, at times - not like going into the office and just sitting behind a computer being miserable and sniffling away while you input numbers.

SO what are your suggestions, tips, ideas, etc for working when you are just miserable? This is something that goes with the thread I started the other day - camming when you are having slow days, or finding other things to do. I think that is number ONE - sometimes, if you just can't face camming, you can do something else that is still work, that still brings in money so you won't be homeless as well as heartbroken. But there are other things that I can think of:

1. Productivity filters for your computer. It stops you from creeping facebook pages, or just sitting on SW and venting about misery all day long. (Guilty as charged. Leechblock is going on TOMORROW).
    2. Take advantage of screwed up schedules. I know that when I am depressed, half the time I become an insomniac. So - hey, great! Cam at 4am. Why not - after all, you are awake.
    3. Try to get your camming in ASAP - when you wake up, get on cam right away, before you have time to start wallowing in loss - and before you know it, it's time to go back to bed.
    4. Avoid the alcohol! hard to do when things get rough, but hungover AND heartbroken is even more difficult to cam through. Also, that can lead to drunk camming, which can lead to baaaaaad things happening. Don't put your drunk and miserable ass on the internet.
    5. Allow yourself a little time to experience your feelings, and then cut it off. Trying to push down sadness isn't healthy, but throwing yourself a 24/7 pity party isn't, either. Maybe pick one night a week to turn off the computer, get really drunk, and let yourself be miserable- and then put it away the rest of the time. Or allow yourself a little time to grieve and be sad only after you have worked for the day. Weird, but I find that it works for me.
    6. Fake it till you feel it. That means that when you log on, paste a big ol smile on, and power through. You may find that after an hour of cracking jokes and smiling on cam when you are miserable - you are actually in a better mood. Happiness is self-perpetuating - so is sadness. Sometimes camming can actually help break the cycle.
    7. If you have some good regulars, tell them that you are a little fragile. Sometimes the pity vote can help you earn more. And sometimes, if they are one of those regulars that you really do get along with, it helps that they know that you are faking it a little, and that they shouldn't ask "are you ok" on cam. After all, if they have been a reg for a long time, they will probably see that something is wrong, and being asked whats wrong just opens my floodgates.
    8. Obviously all the usual stuff applies - take care of your health, and look into medication if you are really in a bad place.

What do you ladies do, or what advice would you give?
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

OnlyFans.com/ScarlettMoore

Follow me on twitter! @MissScarlettM

Hear me ramble about random things:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Default Re: Camming Through Heartbreak/Loss/Generally Crappy Times

Thanks for this! I really needed to read this today. It's my birthday and I finally mustered up all I had to get on cam last night and it was a disaster! Made a measly $30 from 11:30-6am! I took 2, one hour breaks, but still! That is the one of the longest periods I have worked and made the least money! I actually started crying at the end (not showing my face or making noise). And my cam score dropped 70 points! FUCK!
    This was my first time on cam in 15 days and it was a total FAIL! Don't really have any advice, but I will try some of these tips and post updates. I feel like I'm back to square1 and I was just getting somewhere. Good thing I meet with my therapist this week. Sigh...

Thanks
    Thanked 20,465 Times in 6,626 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaineyLane View Post
    It's my birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope that your day gets better.

I had to be at the elementary school today, so I wasn't able to get on cam until this afternoon. I got on Streamate for an hour and got a 5 GOLD tip from one person...that's it. No other tips and no exclusives. I'm not sure if my 10 PM - 1 AM shift tonight should be spent on Streamate or MyFreeCams. I wish I could splitcam the two, but MFC is one site I don't recommend splitting with another.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,951 Times in 1,854 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

This is a fabulous thread. First, thank you for having the courage to post it and be so open and vulnerable. Since the vast majority of us work from home and don't know anyone like us IRL, it's easier than normal to think, "I'm the only one who feels like/has a hard time with this" so thank you for having the courage to let people know that they're not the only one going through it.

I'm frequently camming through mental exhaustion or physical pain so I have tips for those

Pain (not in sequence, just separate tips)
    1) Hydrate and take some pain killers.
    2) A little alcohol can be your friend. Just a little. Your body remembers what alcohol is like, so if you sip some through the shift, it's nice. Don't chug a bottle, just a few glasses.
    3) Don't knock yourself out. Lots of times I'll start doing a little dance in my chair to entice for the gold show, when my back starts to give out. I stop dancing (and I tell them it's b/c they're not tipping enough).
    4) Do something nice that helps with the pain. (like have a heater at your feet, or a heating pad at your back)
    5) Whine. A little. Only when your white knights are in the room. They'll be all sweet and shit. It'll make you feel better.

Exhaustion
    1) Play upbeat music. Make fun of the guys if they don't like it.
    2) Make fun of the guys. Don't be mean, but treat them like they're hecklers at your own private comedy show.
    3) Do it in short stints. When I'm REALLY tired I start a timer. I will cam for an hour. If it's slow or I'm too tired, I will get off cam, get a cup of coffee or a snack, watch half an episode of something and get back on. Rinse, lather and repeat until I've made my "soft" goal for the shift (the lower end of the goal range I'm happy with). Most of the time I'll find that when the first hour is up, I'm feeling well enough to keep going, or there are enough people interested in a show that I feel I'd be losing money if I took a break.
    4) Cam "with a friend." Have some other cam girl friends you can talk to or IM with while y'all are working. Have a "ringer" in your chat room who can entertain you and keep the guys tipping.
    5) Do ridiculous shit. I wear Groucho Marx glasses (the ones with the nose and mustache) when guys are pissing me off or when I'm tired and need a lift. The shit they say to me is always so funny that I can't help but laugh and get a boost. Even if they don't say anything, it's funny thinking of them going, "Yeahhh, I'ma see hot bitches!" *enter my chat* "WHAT THE EFF?! That bitch is UGLY!"
    Since I primarily work on SM, sometimes I'll start a GS that says something dumb like, "I'll insult your mother" $1 buy in, 3 minute duration or, "I will sit on the camera, ass worship what you can't see." $12 buy in, 5 minute duration. Astonishingly, I sometimes meet these goals. The point is not to meet the goal, though. The point is to bring people into your room and give yourself a chuckle. Number 5 tip will not work if you're sensitive or easily hurt. I find their indignation and subsequent insults HILARIOUS, so it gives me a boost. It's a free service! You're SO PISSED for NO REASON! I'm like, the most passive troll ever.

Everything
    1) Give yourself permission to stop. Sure, your goal is 6 hours, but if you want to puke, pass out, cry or have a melt-down, it's okay to stop after 1 (but at least give it 1). Take a break and go do something else. You might be able to come back on later.
    2) Have a change of scenery. My old grey backdrop was super depressing. When my next SM check comes in I'm buying a new, red backdrop. I'm actually excited about this. Nerrrrrd. But I'm looking forward to camming with it!
    3) Pretend like your makeup took great effort. It takes me 20 min to do my makeup. I tell myself that this is 20 min of my life that I won't get back. Once the makeup goes on I'm more determined to cam and get my money and time worth out of it. Otherwise, I tell myself, I just wasted like, a dollar worth of makeup and 20 minutes worth of time.
    4) Realize that sticking to a schedule is THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE in whether or not you will make money. If the guys who like you know that they can see you MWF 8pm to midnight, they will wait for you if they're horny at 7pm. If they don't know when you'll be around, they'll just find someone else. If you don't get on when you're scheduled, you'll affect your money that night and nights to come, because they'll no longer trust your schedule.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

Thanks
    Thanked 32,441 Times in 7,263 Posts

Whenever I am going through rough times, I always allow myself to FEEL whatever it is I am feeling. I know it's easier said then done but I try to put things into perspective between my feelings and what is actually happening because feelings can be very deceptive. It's important to remember that whatever pain or heartbreak you're going through, it's only temporary and the purpose always outweighs the pain. The older I get, I am less afraid of crappy times because it's when I am down that helps me appreciate when I am up. Healing takes time and the good thing about healing is knowing you're okay, will be okay and fuck anything that doesn't make you smile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 496 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I love this topic and thread! This is what I do:

- SO many times, I force myself to just get on for an hour. Who can't do an hour?

-I make myself a special snack or drink. Whether it's a nice bottle of beer or some organic tea, I like something there that excites me and makes me feel special.

-I put on makeup and my contact lenses, and, like Isobel, I think to myself about the time it took to get ready, so I may as well let someone see me looking good. Lipstick makes me look about 8,000 times less dead, so I don't forget that.

-MUSIC. Some of my best nights have been when I dug up New Wave playlists on Youtube. Something that keeps you engaged and at least looking in the general direction of the computer.

-Wear something special. Even when you want to wear a t-shirt and panties...wear something else.

-I don't mention if I'm sick or having a bad day on cam.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,493 Times in 11,580 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Dizzy Re: Camming Through Heartbreak/Loss/Generally Crappy Times

Well, this's a good thread, a week ago, my beloved lil bun died in my arms Not just that, but whole lots of other stuff that's happened esp. in the past 3 months..
    Another note (see my post in "have a ? related to camming) my puter's way old so..

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I forgot to add, when I am going through crappy times, I always take myself shopping. Retail therapy does wonder.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks so much for this thread!! I've had this little snot-headed cold thing all this week and I haven't cammed at all, and this makes me feel a little more motivated even though I feel a little crummy.

I find that one of my biggest camming downfalls isn't just when I don't get online- it's beating myself up about not going online! Sometimes we all need a little self-care for our physical and mental health. Instead of beating myself up I just need to get online and do what I can for as long as I can stand- even if it's just for like a half hour and a million breaks!!!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeachyPie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,591 Times in 1,955 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by PeachyPie View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks so much for this thread!! I've had this little snot-headed cold thing all this week and I haven't cammed at all, and this makes me feel a little more motivated even though I feel a little crummy.

I find that one of my biggest camming downfalls isn't just when I don't get online- it's beating myself up about not going online! Sometimes we all need a little self-care for our physical and mental health. Instead of beating myself up I just need to get online and do what I can for as long as I can stand- even if it's just for like a half hour and a million breaks!!!
    SO true! Sometimes, I know that if I haven't been on for a couple days, I can really beat myself up about it, and all that does it put me in a worse mood, and then I make even LESS money - or don't get on at all!!!

Remember - we are all human! While it is great to talk about how much money we CAN make, and set big goals, and do everything we can to hit them, sometimes you have to be gentle with yourself. If times are really hard, then be proud of your achievements! Even if they are tiny. I know how hard it can be - when my last major relationship failed (around 5 years ago) I basically couldn't get out of bed. It took me a long time, but I eventually got over it (clearly!) - and I had to do that one step at a time. At first, just leaving the house and doing one errand was a cause for celebration! Camming is the same - if you can only make it on for an hour a day before you want to curl up and cry, then do that one hour, be PROUD of doing that one hour, and try for an hour and fifteen minutes tomorrow.
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

OnlyFans.com/ScarlettMoore

Follow me on twitter! @MissScarlettM

Hear me ramble about random things:

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ManyRoses For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This thread is an amazing idea.

6 months ago me and my long term boyfriend broke up. It hit me really hard... he was literally my support and everything and I had no idea where to turn. I felt lonely and oh so depressed. Camming has made me less social which while it's kept me out of trouble, it makes it hard in those times. I took 2 months off camming -______- I had money saved up but man did I ever pay for that decision. It took me a while to build up my regulars again and honestly, once I got back on cam it was so easy to get back into the swing of things. I agree with what the ladies say about just getting ready, once you've already put that effort into it, you just feel ridiculous if you got ready and don't even bother going on.

We ALL go through hard times. It's so important to remember to keep getting on and keep the 'act' on. I know it's so much easier said then done but even if I had gone on once a week and made myself go on I bet once I got a good roll going I would have been more inspired to keep going on. Also the guys on the site's are such suck ups while it gets annoying at times, sometimes all the compliments go to my head and I get all 'hahaha i'm the best' going on in my head ahhahahaa. Embarassing but true.

Keep your head up girls. And even when you can't manage to get on a night, don't beat yourself up. We all need TLC sometimes and it is exhausting to cam, but just remember how much better you'll feel when you got that $$$ coming in. I for one know that I would much rather be miserable with money to spoil myself rotten then to be miserable and broke on ramen noodles >.< you get the picture lol

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KillKeely For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsobelWren View Post
    5) Do ridiculous shit. I wear Groucho Marx glasses (the ones with the nose and mustache) when guys are pissing me off or when I'm tired and need a lift. The shit they say to me is always so funny that I can't help but laugh and get a boost. Even if they don't say anything, it's funny thinking of them going, "Yeahhh, I'ma see hot bitches!" *enter my chat* "WHAT THE EFF?! That bitch is UGLY!"
    LOVE that suggestion - groucho marx glasses, hilarious!! I also recommend ignoring everyone at times. I once had a great time turning on the broadcast, sitting back and reading a book, touching myself under my t-shirt, and ignoring everyone until I got a private show. I continued touching myself and they liked it! I got more private shows than ever and I was all ready to go for each one, AND I didn't have to chat with the non-tippers. This may be a good way to go when depressed.

cheers! Chrstine
    Your marriage is a tragedy but it's not my concern....
    -Grace Jones

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christinarita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 681 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I go through severe bouts of depression and anxiety a lot. Sometimes even getting out of bed or taking a shower and getting ready to work is hard. When I'm feeling down, I try to do even the smallest bit of work I can. Once I work a little, I want to work more. Even if it's just an hour, some work is better than no work

If you are having trouble getting made up and dressing nice for work, have a day where you are a little low maintenace. Wear some cute pjs and work anyway. If you're sick, do the same, or make sick clips. If you're really feeling down, and you work a lot, then take the damn day off. Even if you are worried about your weekly goal. A happy sexy lady makes more money than a sad or angry sexy lady.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maryjaynexo For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,057 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Music that you like is key!
    Before I cam when I'm feeling down I just look for STANDUP COMEDY on youtube. Once I get laughing a little I can turn the cam on and come back to the laughs on a break if need be.
    TAKE MORE BREAKS! When I first started camming I would do a 5 or 6hr shift and only take pee breaks. Now I take a break every hour if it's slow - doesn't need to be a long break, even just 5 minutes away from the computer screen can really clear your head!

DO OTHER THINGS I've never gotten a decent private from being super attentive and engaged. I used to greet every guy that came in my room and this is totally a lot of uneccesary reading. (esp if they leave 2secs later) The tips always come when I'm fucking with my phone or straight up ignoring the camera and doing my own thing. Make it clear - if you want my attention you can pay for it. You can try on different outfits, make a coffee, read, write, play darts, cards, crafts, knitting - ANYTHING is more exciting than a girl sitting there typing with a blank look on her face. You don't have to dance nonstop and play the sit up/sit down game. I draw and sometimes paint. I even did an excl where I just got naked and painted Bob Ross style. I've seen a few girls singing also.

DRESS LIKE A 'SLOB' Don't have anything 'sexy' to wear? Don't. Wear pyjamas, wear your oversized sports team jersey, wear your boyfriends hoodie. You can get just as many tips wearing a tank and pants as fancy lingerie! Plus you'll be more comfortable! Bonus!

CHANGE YOUR CAMERA ANGLE/BACKGROUND When I first started camming I did it on my bed with a bland colored wall behind me and beige bedsheets. Sounds blah right? It was. Now I have twinkle lights, a nice headboard and a super cute backdrop - pretty hard to look or feel blah on cam now.

TRY NEW HAIR You don't have to buy a wig or get highlights - just trying it up instead of down or curly instead of straight can make you feel better even if it's only for 1 day.

MFC is heartbreak city. Every model I've spoken to seems to be heartbroken - realize you aren't the only one alone and go with it. Being heartbroken is 1 of the hardest things to deal with. But look at what we're doing. We get in front of a camera and get money for our faces, our voices, our personalities, our bodies, our talents - our services as camgirls is much more personal than working in a shop. These men(and women) on the other side of the cam think you're great and worth every penny. You will find someone else, and you will feel better. These people who spend money on you are proof of that. Don't let any 1 person make you feel worthless. Don't let any 1 person dictate your self esteem. All exs come crying back eventually - it's just a matter of time. I guarantee by the time he comes back you will not even want him anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 516 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Thank you ladies for sharing here. My stomach is in knots this VDay. I just into it with a guy I am talking to minutes before I am to turn on my cam.
    I have been depressed this past 2 months. sleep deprived and finding it hard to turn on the cam.....

I turned on the cam today and pointed it to ceiling jail just to see if anyone even wanted to talk to me. Whoa - I had more guys in my room than I ever had. It was comical to watch them comment. I eventually started talking to them even with the cam at the ceiling; made me smile and I got on cam.

This thread reminded me that you have to get yourself to laugh in tough times.... it really is great medicine. Get your blood pumping is also important

This thread really lifted my spirts

<3 Jack <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    "....because all that hotness should be shared and not go to waste".

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JackAlexander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 542 Posts

I'm also very thankful for this thread!
    I think of things that make me smile, watch comedy clips on youtube, do research into things online, talk to my friends on fb-I take a break whenever I feel I want to....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1001 View Post
    (Oh, and also, allow me to excuse myself while I pick my mandible up from underneath my desk.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Holy shit dude! You look fucking awesome! Get a damn boob job..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post

I have a feeling some men don't actually need a woman (or anyone at all) in their lives. They could marry their own penises and live happily ever after.
    Start the day with a smile and get it over with

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarmouse0707 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Great thread 'I can dance when im depressed and have no problem going to work bc I know Ill make money but camming ughhhhhhhh I havent been on in weeks. When i do finally get on its for like an hour or so and ill make 30 bucks and log off even more depressed. Which sucks bc im visiting CT and it snows every other day here so i cant really go the club so camming would be great supplement income but its been sooo slow. Winter weather so depresses me

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExoticBeauty4U For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

I have been so busy with other stuff in my life and a recent snow storm really got me down. So...I just found excuses not to cam. Result: When I did get back this week, all strangers and jerks in my room. I felt horrible at first, but kept going, not great but enough to motivate me again.
    Camming is work!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Shana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Great tips here! So I tried some of these suggestions and it's helping! Here are some things that have helped me...

1. Music!! Upbeat not depressing. Anyone remember Ally McBeal? Her therapist told her to have a theme song to hear in her head when she started feeling down. This works and you can change the song when you get bored or find a song that inspires you. Mine right now it "Thrift Shop" LOL Always makes me smile.

2. Clean your messy house!! Clutter and depression seem to go hand and hand. If you don't feel like getting on cam, at least try to catch up on housework. Make it look pretty, hang pictures, rearrange your furniture, ect... I didn't feel up to working for several days in a row, but I managed to get lots of cleaning done and it really helped my mood and get back to camming!

3. Self-help, new age hippy YouTube channels!! Abraham Hicks, ect... just let the playlist go. Sometimes I let it play while I'm sleeping. Get into the zone. Also EFT tapping helps me!

4. Exercise- on or off cam! I'm a semi-pro roller skater, so I went skating. Had a blast showing off to the kids at the rink! Was a major boost! Exercise that's also fun for you is best! Dance around in your living room or play some wii if you don't like exercise.

5. Time with friends and family! Playing with my kids helps me lighten up. Quality time w your SO is good. Hang out with your friends or invite them over for a dinner party.

6. Do weird things on cam. There are several suggestions from others. I have just been my weird self and not trying to be sexy or seductive lately. It's helping. Also ignoring them works too. Messing with your phone, PMing with the cam not on your face, anywhere but your face. LOL Make them have to earn your face time.

7. Go to a mental health professional if it is really affecting your life!! If that's not an option you can see a regular doctor for depression/anxiety medication. Sometimes you actually NEED chemical intervention to get out of that hole!

That's all I've got for now!

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RaineyLane For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I've been in a huge slump lately but I'm slowly coming back out. I work a day job to so I only cam when I get home from work and the kids are in bed. My routine goes something like this:
    1. put my hair up, put the sweats on, do some yoga! Yoga is a great way to work out if you hate getting sweaty (like I do!) plus it doesn't take a lot of your energy. You get stretched out, feeling less tense all that good stuff. I do it for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how I feel.
    2. take a shower. I'm all nasty from the day job (covered in coffee sugar cream, you name it!) so a shower helps me unwind even more and feel sexier. Even when I didn't work my day job I still do it, you don't realize how much even lazy grunge can make you feel like crap!
    3. Do my makeup so I feel even prettier.
    4. If my camming area is messy, I clean it up.
    5. smoke a cig.
    6. Turn on that cam and let it go!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissSeraphim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

I'm going through a rough time right now, so thought I'd bump this up because it's a beautiful thread.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It gets better, BB!
    Quote Originally Posted by qurl View Post
    I'm going through a rough time right now, so thought I'd bump this up because it's a beautiful thread.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,734 Times in 4,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

I am camming through what has got to be one of the top three WORST times in my life.

The one thing I have found that is helpful is something that gets you in the state of flow* that has nothing to do with work. For me, it is Poi but you could also do stuff like knitting, painting or anything that is repetitive and slightly challenging to your brain.

(*For more information on this subject. Read the book 'Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justanothercamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by justanothercamgirl View Post
    I am camming through what has got to be one of the top three WORST times in my life.

The one thing I have found that is helpful is something that gets you in the state of flow* that has nothing to do with work. For me, it is Poi but you could also do stuff like knitting, painting or anything that is repetitive and slightly challenging to your brain.

(*For more information on this subject. Read the book 'Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)

I am also going through some heart wrenching emotional bullshit. If I can get online and get in my flow, I'm ok. Camming takes a lot of focus, and leaves little room for emotional ruminating. It's a good thing.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graceface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Bumping this thread because it's awesome.

I found out on Friday that after 20 years of having 15% use of his kidneys my uncle has been put on the transplant list, cos it's down to 5%. So I didn't go on cam, I cried. Then yesterday I went on cam for all of 2 hours, before coming off to be sad again. My family has never gotten along but now we're all fighting over who gets to donate a kidney first! Almost beautiful how we've all banded together. Shame it's taken this to get to this stage. If we're all matches, he's going to end up with about six kidneys plus more to put into jars, just in case!!

Reading through all these tips, they're all great. So it looks like I'll be doing some crochet, some exercise, re-doing hair and make up and generally evacuating badness out of my head before going on cam and allowing myself to take breaks. Thanks for starting this thread, ManyRoses, cos now when life kicks me in the stomach I can sweep-kick it straight to the ground.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizzicato For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast