Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your money right after work?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default What do you do with your money right after work?

I'm just curious I've seen some girls with safes in their lockers and others seem to just stuff their money in their purse and head out shopping (after day shift of course)

I used to keep it all in my purse and set aside about $100 for bills in my safe at home after work but I'd end up spending ALL of it if I took a few days off work.. Keeping money around just encourages me to stay home

what I do now is go directly to the bank, deposit a small amount into my checking account for bills, a moderate amount into savings (hopefully not enough to get me audited by the IRS lol...I still file my taxes) keep the rest in my purse and I HAVE to go back to work if the cash runs out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 860 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: What do you do with your money right after work?

On an average night, I put $300 in the bank, $100 in my wallet, and whatever is leftover in designated "saving for ______" boxes (I have a date-night box, a self- improvement box, a vacation box, and usually a fourth misc. box).

If I make less than $300, I put it all in the bank because I didn't work hard enough to have spending money.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,264 Times in 2,466 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepmet1 View Post
    On an average night, I put $300 in the bank, $100 in my wallet, and whatever is leftover in designated "saving for ______" boxes (I have a date-night box, a self- improvement box, a vacation box, and usually a fourth misc. box).

If I make less than $300, I put it all in the bank because I didn't work hard enough to have spending money.
    are they actually boxes like piggy banks u drop ur money in? i have a few things that i want to start savings up for a few different things and always wondering the best way to sort them out
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

They're actually labeled shoe boxes. I had a few extras. :}

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsepmet1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

haha thats awesome i think if i were to do that i would get a safe tho and put the shoe boxes in that i would be to worred about getting robbed
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy0Star View Post
    haha thats awesome i think if i were to do that i would get a safe tho and put the shoe boxes in that i would be to worred about getting robbed
    For real! I've never been so paranoid about break ins until I started dancing and now I have all this nice stuff haha. I have a lock on my bedroom door and all kinds of burglar deterrents

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

lol im picturing ur door looking like a bank volt from a movie sceen and the guys are all bent down in front of ur bedroom door with thier gear and stuff. XD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 505 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I go to the atm after work and deposit most there. I pay all my utilities and rent in cash and obviously stuff like groceries too so depending on how much $$ I need for that ill keep 100-1000 out but otherwise, it goes in the bank.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to charlotte. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,371 Times in 3,223 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

top drawer, safe box, wallet i hate banks, i refuse to put my money in there because im a weirdo..i used to spend way too much but i've gotten over that urge, right now im in savings mode! haven't gone shopping in months!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simone87 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member miss1dancypants's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 432 Posts
    My Mood
    Drunk

ummm lately i've realized that i've left it in my work purse in my work bag... lol... BAD habit.

but usually i put my money that i have in a safe place in my room and carry between 100 and 200 bucks cash on me for emergencies.

i pay for all of my bills and groceries in cash.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I actually live in a super secure building with cameras all over the place, so I'm not too worried about being robbed.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepmet1 View Post
    I actually live in a super secure building with cameras all over the place, so I'm not too worried about being robbed.
    You're lucky! My neighborhood isn't unsafe but I do live in a city and things happen. I have one roommate and we both work during the day. I had my car broken into once as a teen and I lost over $500 worth of stuff (which was a BIG deal yo me at the time!) and I've been paranoid ever since! I don't even leave change in my car's cup holders.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,513 Posts

Safe.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I count it out, enjoy and appreciate it, count it some more lol, then put it all away in an envelope in a hiding place until my weekend is over. After my weekend (I only work wkds) I put my house fees and taxi money aside for next weekend and pay the rest in to savings asap. Will keep a bit out if there's a specific thing I'm treating myself to. when living off dancing I paid in rent /debits amounts into normal account, designated a reasonable spending amount depending how much I made and could save. In summary, envelopes!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smeca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,355 Times in 4,199 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Count it and feel it and imagining what I will spend it on. Saving some is important too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 694 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

I put it into labeled envelopes-those BIG brown ones into a filing cabinet, much like the shoebox idea. I also over-paid on my car loans and student loans so didn't always have too much cash on me.
    "You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories -Stainslaw J. Lec

Confuscius say: "Man who pull bra stap get bust in face"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papillonluvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by papillonluvr View Post
    I put it into labeled envelopes-those BIG brown ones into a filing cabinet, much like the shoebox idea. I also over-paid on my car loans and student loans so didn't always have too much cash on me.
    do you normally over pay ur bills?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,997 Times in 705 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I only go to the bank once a week so I have my money divided into envelopes.
    1) House fees and gas money for the next week
    2) An envelope for each bill due (that way I know how much more I need each shift) and one that I put at least $20 each shift for extra cushion if I can afford it, and then I deposit it in checking when that bill is covered
    3) The rest into savings
    On a side note, I don't spend any of my change. The quarters go into my daughter's bank and the rest into my son's bank. If I have a rough money situation I cash in my daughters bank, make note of how much I pilfered and pay it back when I have a better week. Once they're full they get cashed in and deposited into each of their accounts.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurora14 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^i kinda do something similar with change! I keep all my change in a huge jar and its my "non-emergency emergency" fund like if its a friends birthday and I don't have enough to buy them a present or I have last minute plans and no spending money. My real emergency fund is in the bank though

29. The Following User Says Thank You to xGigi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 694 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Just my car (paid it off in a year), my credit card (I was stupid and racked up about 5K in debt-paid it off now) and my student loans (still working on those). Interest will kill you
    "You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories -Stainslaw J. Lec

Confuscius say: "Man who pull bra stap get bust in face"

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papillonluvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 538 Posts

Friday night, I count it, am thankful for it, admire it, then I (wash my hands!) and put it all into a pretty box I have (writing this has made me realise I need a new place now I've left him, ugh!) and Sat night I take enough for house and couple drinks, do the same after work... Sunday, I work out how much I need for this and that and on Mon it goes straight in the bank in case I spend it! (Tightascrabs'ass.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1001 View Post
    (Oh, and also, allow me to excuse myself while I pick my mandible up from underneath my desk.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Holy shit dude! You look fucking awesome! Get a damn boob job..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post

I have a feeling some men don't actually need a woman (or anyone at all) in their lives. They could marry their own penises and live happily ever after.
    Start the day with a smile and get it over with

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

put it all in decorative teapot that I never use, and deposit at least 10% into my savings, everything else goes on to my credit card so I can get airmiles on the bills I pay.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I might be a little weird..
    I get home from work, plug in my hair straightener, and iron all my money so it's clean and flat. I have separate money for bills and rent etc. so my cash goes to pocket money. All my 1's I organize and stash away, My goal is to save $1000 each month so at the end of the year I'll have 12k. So far I'm able to do this just with 1's.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChefKitty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Immediately put it a good chunk of it in my “box” ie. Savings box. I don’t trust banks. The rest (which is about 100-200) I’ll keep in my wallet to have for spending, emergencies.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondsandLace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Blog Entries

several comments ...

When setting up envelopes / shoe boxes, don't forget that you also need one for estimated tax withholding money ... into which you'll need to put 20-25-30% of however much money you left the club with !!!

In regard to risk of robbery / burglary if keeping cash around the house, for a fact the greatest risk will come from family / friends / neighbors who are aware of the fact that you are a dancer. And this problem is compounded if they think that you 'forget' to report your income to the IRS ... which in turn means that you won't / can't report that money that you 'didn't officially earn' was stolen !!!

Personally speaking, I agree more or less with a previous poster that it's not the greatest idea these days to place all of your money in a bank. Besides the problems of after hours access ( ever try to come up with $1000 in bail money at 3am on a sunday morning with an $800 daily ATM withdrawl limit ? ), there is also a potential issue of bank failure. While hundreds if not thousands of banks and credit unions have failed over the course of the past few years, depositors were lucky that in every case the FDIC or NCUA were able to find immediate buyers for those failed banks ... which meant that they reopened under new management and depositor money was again available within a span of a few days. However, there is no guarantee that this will happen in regard to future bank failures, meaning that in the worst case depositors could be forced to wait for weeks or months before they were able to 'get their money back'. So for that reason, I personally like the idea of keeping enough cash close at hand to cover at least a couple of months worth of living expenses i.e. rent, utilities, groceries etc.

Because 'too many' relatives, friends, and neighbors knew that I was a dancer, I actually came up with a fairly secure way to keep that much cash around the house. I bought an el-cheapo WalMart safe ... which I left in plain sight and kept a couple of hundred dollars in. But I also bought a high quality wall safe which I installed myself in a very 'unlikely' location ... in which I kept the majority of my cash and other valuables. The reasoning behind this is as follows. Anybody who knew that I was a dancer, or any 'out of the blue' burglar or robber, would make the assumption that all of the cash I had would be in the safe that they could 'see'. Thus if that safe were broken into or stolen the perp would only get a couple of hundred bucks. And if I were personally robbed and forced to open that safe, I could hand over the couple of hundred bucks and say 'sorry, I just went to the bank so that's all the cash I have'. It would be extremely doubtful that anyone would put forth the extra thought to even consider the possibility that a second safe existed, let alone putting forth the extra time and effort to search every nook and cranny of my house in order to find it, and putting forth still more time and effort to break it loose from the wall / break into it !!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast