I would appreciate an answer to this as well please
    That's in post #14.

Featured Member DiamondCupcakes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 428 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: Bitcoin Giveaway

Your right I apologize. Ok so you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart? Fair enough. So where would we use our bitcoins? I don't feel like ay of us need to conduct any activity that requires anonymity and as far as I am aware, a majority of the bitcoin market is on the deep web if I am not mistaken. I know some companies will change them out but you say you want us to use bitcoins to see for ourselves how it works. So where could we buy goods that would be useful to us? Or sell things for bitcoins.
    P.S. Please do not list Silk Road

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondCupcakes View Post
    Your right I apologize. Ok so you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart? Fair enough. So where would we use our bitcoins?
    I guess you could buy some pizza. Or whatever else, hire the geeky types interested in Bitcoin to fix your computer, design your site, edit film for you. I've recently had someone stick a sharpie in their pooper (NSFW?). You could buy gold or electronics or coffee. There's an entire list, really.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

"conversion can mean pizza takes up to 80 minutes to be delivered."

"A medium pizza with two toppings costs about 0.71 bitcoins (12).

Paying via the digital currency also adds a 0.09 bitcoin (1.50) premium to the price of a pizza to convert the digital money to real dollars. "

So roughly $16.08 plus the conversion charge is $18.20 for a medium pizza.

And Im more concerned with paying rent, utilities, and such. The currency is useless to me if I can't pay the important things I need.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

"conversion can mean pizza takes up to 80 minutes to be delivered."

"A medium pizza with two toppings costs about 0.71 bitcoins (12).

Paying via the digital currency also adds a 0.09 bitcoin (1.50) premium to the price of a pizza to convert the digital money to real dollars. "

So roughly $16.08 plus the conversion charge is $18.20 for a medium pizza.

And Im more concerned with paying rent, utilities, and such. The currency is useless to me if I can't pay the important things I need.
    Well you're totally not paying your rent with my one free Bitcoin, you know?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

I understand that =p That's not what I was implying. I was intending to make the point that, in order for bitcoin to become more popular, it will need to be useful to others. If I can only purchase things like pizza, I certainly don't see the point in wanting to further my involvement wit this new currency once my bitcoin is spent. I know someone tried out a cam site for girls that used bitcoins as the currency. I am bringing this point up to you because I know you said your trying to promote bitcoins in a positive light so since no one else has posted yet I am posting my personal concerns as well as others I have read.

This thread was moved to the promos sections and others won't be very likely to see it so I will also link it to the bitcoins thread to see if anyone else has any concerns they would like answered since you are very willing to answer our questions. I do appreciate that =) I hope you understand my questioning your motives. You are a new poster and this is your first post. That is what 99% of spammers and scammers do here. The more you communicate with all of us, the more it helps us as well as yourself.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,925 Posts

I was wondering how I ended up in this section.. thought i was in CC

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

It was but it has since been moved, I noticed because I couldn't find it either after I clicked out lol

I would love to hear what Roast thinks of this. Miss ya Roast!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,925 Posts

go to "our diary"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I understand that =p That's not what I was implying. I was intending to make the point that, in order for bitcoin to become more popular, it will need to be useful to others.
    If it helps anything, here's a post discussing roughly that : What are the Bitcoin market drivers ?. If you look at that graph, most people use it as a store of value, because of the no inflation characteristic. An economy is slowly growing around that core, but it is in fact haphazard growth in random directions.

I know someone tried out a cam site for girls that used bitcoins as the currency. I am bringing this point up to you because I know you said your trying to promote bitcoins in a positive light so since no one else has posted yet I am posting my personal concerns as well as others I have read.
    Hey, that's great.

A cam site paid in Bitcoins may or may not work. There is certainly room for someone experienced and entrepreneurial to try it out, but it wouldn't be a turnkey 1-2-3 sort of thing. Besides, it'd probably be wiser to offer Bitcoin as an option rather than try and go Bitcoin-only. There are Bitcoin processors (like Bitpay) that allow you to offer Bitcoin as a payment option to your customers but be paid directly in dollars.

This thread was moved to the promos sections and others won't be very likely to see it so I will also link it to the bitcoins thread to see if anyone else has any concerns they would like answered since you are very willing to answer our questions. I do appreciate that =) I hope you understand my questioning your motives. You are a new poster and this is your first post. That is what 99% of spammers and scammers do here. The more you communicate with all of us, the more it helps us as well as yourself.
    I noticed it was moved, I guess it's where it belongs properly? Sorry for not making it here in the first place, I went by the section where the other thread was.

I certainly don't mind and fully understand why you'd be a little suspicious at first. Hey, that's what we're here for, talk and learn from each other.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 254 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Sorry, you lost me the minute you posted a link revealing that in his blog your boss comes across as a 13-year-old who can't get laid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

...Do you have any idea what being professional means?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cammi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Cammi View Post
    ...Do you have any idea what being professional means?
    Something like focusing on the topic instead of focusing on me? I dunno, just guessing here.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,949 Times in 1,894 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

If you arrive at sw as a representative of bitcoins then how you present yourself is a salient factor.

Your thread got moved out of camming connection for two reasons. The first reason is that your OP was flippant, sarcastic and unprofessional. Honestly, be grateful that Diamond et al. were willing to enage with you, because the way you initially presented yourself and bitcoins in your initial post did your cause no favors. No one here is interested in get involved in your boss's issues on other forums. No one in camming connection cares that individuals involved in bitcoins tarnished the reputation of the product through their behaviour on our forum. Your boss's desire to redeem the reputation of his product has nothing to do with us, and nothing to do with camming.

Secondly, if you actually read the previous threads about bitcoins wherein members engaged in meaningful discussions about the risks vs rewards of bitcoins, you'd understand that bitcoins are of very little use to the vast majority of cam chicas, at this point at least. As such, your thread isn't/wasn't relevant to camming connection. Further, we don't allow any actual industry reps to promote themselves in camming connection, even those who offer services directly related to our work. The fact that you have a pink ribbon doesn't change that.

Anyone who uses bitcoins would be a fool not to thoroughly research the payment option before using it, that goes for any payment system. As such, you're asking each person who takes you up on your offer to devote valuable time to thoroughly researching bitcoins in exchange for 1 free bitcoin. Some chicas may find $25-$30 for hours of work to be an appealing offer, but since what you're proposing is more paid PR than anything related to camming, your thread was moved to the appropriate section.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by loveshooks View Post
    If you arrive at sw as a representative of bitcoins then how you present yourself is a salient factor.
    I'm not a representative of Bitcoin and I'd hope I didn't give that impression. In fact, because of its very nature Bitcoin cannot have a representative in the first place, and if anything I'd advise regarding anyone claiming to be a representative of Bitcoin with a lot of caution - it'd be not much different from claiming to be a representative of rain or something like that.

Your thread got moved out of camming connection for two reasons. The first reason is that your OP was flippant, sarcastic and unprofessional.
    I'm not particularly concerned with it getting moved. As I said before, if this is where it belongs all the better, sorry for not starting it here in the first place, I went by "where the other thread was".

Honestly, be grateful that Diamond et al. were willing to enage with you, because the way you initially presented yourself and bitcoins in your initial post did your cause no favors. No one here is interested in get involved in your boss's issues on other forums. No one in camming connection cares that individuals involved in bitcoins tarnished the reputation of the product through their behaviour on our forum. Your boss's desire to redeem the reputation of his product has nothing to do with us, and nothing to do with camming.
    I guess if you want to take a strict view of things that's all correct.

Secondly, if you actually read the previous threads about bitcoins wherein members engaged in meaningful discussions about the risks vs rewards of bitcoins
    I did read the one I mentioned in the OP. Someone mentioned such thereads in the plural earlier, but when I asked if there's more they didn't follow up and so I let the matter drop. If indeed there's any I missed I'd appreciate you pointing them out, thanks.

you'd understand that bitcoins are of very little use to the vast majority of cam chicas, at this point at least. As such, your thread isn't/wasn't relevant to camming connection.
    Sounds to me like a comfortable if preconceived notion. Nothing wrong with sticking to preconceived notions, but please don't ask me to accept yours any more than I'm asking you to accept mine.

The fact that you have a pink ribbon doesn't change that.
    I have no idea what a pink ribbon even is.

Further, we don't allow any actual industry reps to promote themselves in camming connection, even those who offer services directly related to our work. The fact that you have a pink ribbon doesn't change that.
    I'm really not here to promote anything. I understand this is hard to believe, and that's fine. But to put things in perspective, the situation is something like this : the rep of Boeing comes by a forum where car mods discuss lubricants and a certain type of lubricant used by Boeing is being talked into the ground by some completely inept nutjob. I guess the car forum may have a policy against "promoting themselves", but the notion that the Boeing rep is there to promote Boeing is out of whack. Even if he's a rep, and even if he's discussing a type of oil which his corp uses / give away some free samples so the various car people can have some fist hand fun with professional grade lubricant. It may not be apparent to you but that's pretty much an accurate summary of the situation here.

Anyone who uses bitcoins would be a fool not to thoroughly research the payment option before using it, that goes for any payment system.
    Certainly.

As such, you're asking each person who takes you up on your offer to devote valuable time to thoroughly researching bitcoins in exchange for 1 free bitcoin. Some chicas may find $25-$30 for hours of work to be an appealing offer, but since what you're proposing is more paid PR than anything related to camming, your thread was moved to the appropriate section.
    There's a difference between using a payment option and getting free stuff. You don't have to research anything in order to get fifty Beenz in the mail. If you want to play Diablo 3 you might want to research it. If you have to buy Diablo 3 you might want to research it. In order to get fiddy Diablo 3 golds you don't need to research anything at all.

But anyway, to put everyone at ease : this offer is now closed, mostly because I don't have the time/patience to handle this apparently very needy forum. Who knew giving away stuff to strippers is going to turn into some sort of criminal case, seriously now.
    Last edited by MPOE-PR; 02-14-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Featured Member MissSassyPickles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 772 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Thank the Lord!
    Quote Originally Posted by qurl View Post
    You are sassy AND smart Miss Pickles.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSassyPickles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,949 Times in 1,894 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

^^^^I know, right?

If it wasn't so insulting I'd get a kick out of these bitcoin-related people (who want us to use bitcoins but aren't affiliated with bitcoins) who treat us, our forum and our work with such disrespect.

It's not like we haven't discussed the issue before here, as anyone who actually bothered to do a bit of research before approaching their target audience would find. It's not like we take our work and our money seriously.

Funnily enough, I'd be the perfect target audience for this pitch (if it was actually a pitch to cam chicas instead of a paid PR offering, I mean). The vast majority of my customers are my own, I can and do send them to any payment processor I choose. Why I'd want to waste time explaining bitcoins to multiple customers each day is beyond me. Let's say it takes 15 per customer to explain bitcoins. That's hours of out my day. Every day.

Another point: there's potential security issues with bitcoins, and I don't understand the system enough to understand those issues or how to prevent them. Thus I don't have full confidence in recommending bitcoins to my guys who trust me to not fuck them over. I've worked hard to gain and maintain a base of customers who respect and trust me enough to use the payment options I recommend. Why would I want to jeopardize that on an as-of-yet unproven payment option?

I'm not even going to bother delving into the stability of the currency or why I'd want to gamble $1000's each month (even assuming I only sent only a small percentage of my guys to bitcoins to minimize risk). Many of us have written all of the above and more here on sw before and if they can't bother to read it and address our concerns then that's on them.

I think the OP's last comment in her last post sums up the situation nicely. We're not approached as professionals here because we're simply a bunch of 'strippers'. Great attitude to have on a sex worker forum. Since we're sex workers there's apparently no need to treat us like business women, and since we're not perceived as busines women why would these people bother to present a professional pitch? I feel kinda naive that I couldn't figure that out until now, the question of why these bitcoin-related people approach us like we're flighty fools who should be dazzled by some shiny new option.

I would never get involved in anything recommended by someone who doesn't respect or understand my business.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loveshooks For This Useful Post:

Featured Member MissSassyPickles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 772 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Totally agree with you LS.

Also, even if you didn't need to spend time educating customers (say you still used your preferred payment processor for regs) and then just accepted BC as an alternative payment, then you have customers that were using Bitcoins before and now use them for cam shows/content. Doing just a quick Google search reveals what most of these people are using them for, and that's not exactly most girl's target market I would think!

As far as the actual Bitcoins go, I think they are super interesting and the whole "Dark web" aspect as well. They are interesting for the same reason that I watch prison shows and documentaries about serial killers... if that says anything.

What I don't understand about the OP and other BC people is why are they here trying to get us to use Bitcoins, especially if there's no financial motive?
    ...Since obviously we're a bunch of dumb strippers and can't understand why this new payment is just oh-so-great and life changing.
    Last edited by MissSassyPickles; 02-14-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: can't type!
    Quote Originally Posted by qurl View Post
    You are sassy AND smart Miss Pickles.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSassyPickles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by MPOE-PR View Post
    A whole lotta words
    This last post made me realise what was making me feel skeevy. She's using PUA techniques: she's acting like she's not interested in the debate, there's a few negs sprinkled in there and when interest isn't apparent she pulls the offer away to make us feel like we've missed out. It's just... bizarre.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cammi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Don't bother these people are aweful people and all need to die in some horrible way.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,674 Times in 4,094 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by xtme2005 View Post
    Don't bother these people are aweful people and all need to die in some horrible way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

This is her "bosses" blog: http://polimedia.us/trilema/2013/i-h...keting-is-not/

Also, "Who knew giving away stuff to strippers..." wow, just wow. So glad I missed this thread at the time.

All seems like a lot of work for ONE bitcoin. I realize the conversion rate is huge, but really... our time in valuable and spending the time to read this thread, research the company, figure out bitcoins, request the funds, and then convert them to $$... it just doesn't make any sense!

Quote Originally Posted by roast View Post
    ...Cum on mah face whiile Im knuckles deep in my ass - we can talk about idk mid-century whateverthefuck some other day...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AF camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AF camgirl View Post
    This is her "bosses" blog: http://polimedia.us/trilema/2013/i-h...keting-is-not/

Also, "Who knew giving away stuff to strippers..." wow, just wow. So glad I missed this thread at the time.

All seems like a lot of work for ONE Bitcoin. I realize the conversion rate is huge, but really... our time in valuable and spending the time to read this thread, research the company, figure out bitcoins, request the funds, and then convert them to $$... it just doesn't make any sense!

I have been Very active in the Bitcoin community for some time now. The community is all about openness and sharing. people do give away's with different coins every day
    there was nothing out of the ordinary here. The way you girls are acting is very disappointing. It makes us all look ignorant and uneducated.

At today's market value those Bitcoins would have been worth 800.00 to 1000.00 dollars a piece. Probably worth more than a majority of you make in one week.
    As for Converting Bitcoin to USD it is as easy as using PayPal or any Money services that you girls currently use. There is nothing complicated or time consuming about it.

I thought most of you all would have come around about Bitcoin already.We are still in the early adoption phase and there is still room to make a fortune off of bitcoin.
    I have made a great deal from bitcoin and I am using my money to start a Few company's based on Bitcoin and other online currency's.

For starters I have created My own online currency like Bitcoin Called Cubits more information can be found here >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345328.0
    I have also started a online Auction house in collaboration with a Developer, Called Bitbay where people can buy and sell new and used goods for online currency.
    The website will launch some time next month. I also have my own Cam site with built in casino currently in development Called SnatchBox.

I am not trying to brag or boast. I am trying to show you that there are allot of positive things about Bitcoin that out way the negative.
    The demographic of the average Bitcoin user is well educated males ages 18 - 50 usually techies,Investors, Programmers, webdesign, coders, electronics engineers.
    Not Drug dealers, hitmen and child molesters like the news and other outlets would have you think.

There is a great forum Called www.bitcointalk.org. This is where I advertised my shows networked and learned allot about Bitcoin and the community.

~Cassie
    Last edited by CassieHeart; 12-08-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissSassyPickles View Post
    we're a bunch of dumb strippers and can't understand why this new payment is just oh-so-great and life changing.
    I'm curious whether anything has changed in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by MPOE-PR View Post
    Short story : Post a Bitcoin address, I will send you one Bitcoin. No questions asked, no strings attached. I don't want anything in return whatsoever. The only qualifier is that you must have at least 146 thanks to your forum name. This offer is limited, I'll make a post when no further Bitcoins are available.

If you don't know how to obtain an address, probably the simplest way is by visiting blockchain.info and clicking the Wallet tab up right. An address looks something like 1Fx3N5iFPDQxUKhhmDJqCMmi3U8Y7gSncx or something like that (always starts with 1blabla).
    I'd like to reopen the offer.

Obviously Holly now has 153 thanks, but other than that the deal's the same except that the offer is now limited to the first qualifying address posted. I'm no MP. I don't even have a PR!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast