Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird recurring dreams/childhood dreams

Thanks
    Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,228 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default weird recurring dreams/childhood dreams

what are some of your recurring dreams as adults or when you were children?

as a child i would have this dream where i saw this little cartoon daisy with lavendar petals..and i was the flower..then suddenly this big round-toed brown boot would come stomping in , and slowly just crush me to death..and in my dream i could feel it coming down and this awful panicky claustrophobia and i'd wake up. the last time i had this dream was when i was 9 and i had the pneumonia, after that i never had it again! i've tried to look up this dream but had no luck..it was so awful!!
    i've had dream of my teeth falling out where i actually felt them coming loose and i know that's a pretty common dream with a meaning..is anybody good at dream interpretations??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to simone87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: weird recurring dreams/childhood dreams

I've had the teeth falling out dream MANY times. Another big one for me is watching my grandmothers old house burn down... I've had that one since childhood.
    !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pixiepower329 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 3,290 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I've had a few recurring childhood ones:

One is where San Francisco gets hit my a giant random tsunami and the entire city gets destroyed (though I don't see it afterwards, I just know) and the last thing I see is a small white dog. Its a highland terrier I think, or a maltese with shorter hair.

Another was where a huge giant chases me all around my childhood city and I can hear him stomping. I just keep running and hiding but he always find me. There are lots of eucalyptus trees. Sometimes there would be dinosaurs too, or the giant would be replaced by a dinosaur. This one freaked me out. When I learned to lucid dream, I also learned how to control my body in dream sometimes. So if things chase me, I often float in the air above them so they can't get to me now. But chasing was a huuuuge theme in majority of my childhood dreams. I was always running from something in almost every dream.

In various dreams, I used to have this recurring thing where the ground would start off level (normal), and then it would sloooowwwly start to tilt until the ground was at like 45 degree angle. I would freak out and start slipping in the dream, trying to grab on to anything I could. This usually would happen in a large open grocery store or in a field. I think I'm a reverse claustrophobic.

Also, sometimes I would fall off things in dreams and just float in nothingness. Nothing high up, just like a bed or something random. I would float in like nothingness. It wasn't black around me, just nothing was around me I can't explain it. Like floating in space during the daytime or something.

Laaaately, I've only had 1 recurring dream, but haven't had it in months now. I dream that I'm moving to New York, or I just moved there (there's different ones). All I do is walk around and admire the skyline. Its very abandoned, not many people around. I always stumble upon a sandwich shop or candy shop and buy a cupcake or baked good. The dream always focuses on water, and I often stare, walk by, or drive next to it. One time I even rode a horse to New York through the water (lol). And for some reason, I always meet up with people I know who don't live there.

The most powerful dreams I've has involve telekinesis and levitation. Usually lucid at some point too. And when people who have died visit me (this rarely happens and has only happened a couple times). I always wake up with swollen eyes and wake up in the middle of crying.

Quote Originally Posted by simone87 View Post
    is anybody good at dream interpretations??
    As far as dream interpretation goes, I still think dreaming is when you (your soul) leaves the body in orb form and goes on an adventure in a parallel universe. For actual interpretation though, I really like Jungian psychology. Or going with your intuition on what you think it means.

My logic on dreams is... Well, your body communicates messages to you for almost everything, right? Gaining weight means eating too much. Being tired means wanting to sleep. All your senses communicate and relay messages. And your mind does too. Your mind gives you intuition and logic. So I figure dreams must have some sort of purpose, significance, or reasoning- even if just a very small one. And a recurring one must mean some sort of important message that you haven't received yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I constantly have dreams of my childhood crush, and my childhood best friend.
    Like....a couple times a week for the last 5 or 6 years.....
    yuck!

I used to have a dream when I was young about the clock from Beauty and the Beast, lol.....he was always in different colours with a black background.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    America loves a success story...unless of course it's someone working in the sex industry...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melodie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 673 Posts

^ I do that too! My ex was in every single dream I had, and usually these dreams weren't even about him at all and had nothing to do with him, but he'd suddenly just wind up being there at some point. It honestly got to the point where I felt like my privacy was being violated and so the next time I saw him I actually asked him to cut it out, and oddly I enough, he stopped showing up in my dreams.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyButter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

i've had dreams about exes/crushes too, usually a year after i've dated them..like if i dated them in the fall, i won't think about them all year after we break up, but when the fall comes around ill be dreaming about em every night! usually good dreams though :p
    glamour rouge, that falling dream sounds scary! i used to have these 0 gravity dreams where i'd just go floating off and have to grab onto tree branches and propel myself along..never any flying ones though, just floating! i agree that dreams definitey have huge meaning. i also agree about traveling to a paralell universe, the first time i read that and really started thinking about it i got scared to go to sleep just in case i couldn't make it back, kind of like that kid in the movie "insidious". its one of my weird fears because my dreams are often sooo violent and frightening.

P.s i love timesworth from beauty and the beast! that's an awesome dream lol

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,086 Posts

My most common recurring childhood dreams were of drive ins. I would dream about drive ins now longer in existence or ones that never existed. Sometimes I was watching a movie, sometimes it was just the screen and sometimes I would see people tearing down the screens. I still have these even today but not as frequent. Not sure what they symbolize, perhaps screening something out? Could also mean something because as a child I attended drive in movies every summer.

My current recurring dreams usually involve me moving into some place, or moving out. Not long ago I had a dream that I moved into my childhood home or my office at a former employer. I also have dreams I am back in school. Recently I have been dreaming that I am marrying this one guy that I'm not exclusively even dating yet so this one is strange (and could be either wishful thinking or a glimpse into the future).

Thanks
    Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I've always been really fascinated by dreams. I'm going to start a dream journal, so I can record my dreams as soon as I wake up. My family/friends always thought it was strange that I was so obsessed with what I dreamt about, but why shouldn't I be? I love talking about dreams and reading about what other people dream.

I think this is kind of weird, but I read this thread last night and I never had a dream about my teeth falling out until last night. I don't know if I sub-consciously remembered this thread when I was dreaming or it was a coincidence or what.

I always dream several dreams in one night, and they're rarely recurring. In my childhood, I constantly had this one recurring dream where people I loved would be normal, then all of a sudden their eyes would turn red and they would be evil. I don't think I've had that dream for years. So yeah, I always remember my dreams and they're always different.

As I said before, I think it helps to keep a journal of your dreams if you're interested in what your sub-conscious mind is thinking about. My dreams are clear as day when I first wake up, but I usually forget what I dreamt about later, so I like to write it down.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammii For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

My childhood best friend.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    I love and feminine things. It makes me feel nice to look good and turn somebody on by doing so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by sammii View Post
    I've always been really fascinated by dreams. I'm going to start a dream journal, so I can record my dreams as soon as I wake up. My family/friends always thought it was strange that I was so obsessed with what I dreamt about, but why shouldn't I be? I love talking about dreams and reading about what other people dream.

I think this is kind of weird, but I read this thread last night and I never had a dream about my teeth falling out until last night. I don't know if I sub-consciously remembered this thread when I was dreaming or it was a coincidence or what.

I always dream several dreams in one night, and they're rarely recurring. In my childhood, I constantly had this one recurring dream where people I loved would be normal, then all of a sudden their eyes would turn red and they would be evil. I don't think I've had that dream for years. So yeah, I always remember my dreams and they're always different.

As I said before, I think it helps to keep a journal of your dreams if you're interested in what your sub-conscious mind is thinking about. My dreams are clear as day when I first wake up, but I usually forget what I dreamt about later, so I like to write it down.
    that's so weird about the teeth dream! i used to get them bad..like you know how it feels when you lose our baby teeth? i could feel all my teeth just crumbling and then i had to pick out the roots and it could feel pain in my dreams . freaky.
    that's a good idea about the dream journal, i have VERY intense dreams every night so im going to start keeping one. im fascinated by dreams too, i think they have way more meaning than most people think and i wish i had the resources and funding/education to study them

Thanks
    Thanked 25,938 Times in 13,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I can't recall any childhood dreams, but usually if I have a recurring dream, it's something I need to pay attention to

Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 845 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Check out dreammoods.com, it's a dream interpretation site I usually go to after a confusing dream. They have a dream dictionary, it's very useful.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

In one memorable dream I became King of the Turtle People.
    Jack-booted thugs were running amuck over the landscape. I managed to evade them all by running down halls and out windows. Everything was fine until I ran outside, out in the open, no place to hide. They were closing in and THEN I covered completely myself with a cardboard box. They saw me do it but ignored the box for some reason. I peeked out from under the box. Again they saw me, I hid again as they reacted and they still ignored the cardboard box I was inside of. Bolder now...walking into their midst, then just hunkering down inside that box. POWER! haha! I showed others how to do it and became their leader.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferret For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 520 Posts

This is a really strange one...so *bump!* I used to have a reoccurring dream of an angel when I was a small child, it started around 4/5 and continued occasionally until I was about 9 or 10. The angel would just kind of float there, always smiling. Sometimes I would talk to her, one time I asked who she was, and she told me "your guardian angel". I didn't know what that was, so I asked my mom, who told me what "guardian angels" were. Around the same time my mother explained to me that I had once had an older sister that died as a baby. Tricky concept for a 5 year old to understand. As is "heaven". I labelled said guardian angel as my passed away older sibling watching over me from heaven and thought not a lot of this dream in my teens and early 20s. Until a couple months ago I caught my reflection in a shop window and stopped dead, thinking HOLY FUCK. Over the last year and a half I've made a lot of changes to my appearance, a natural blonde and always a chubby kid, I've lost a ton of weight and now have dark brown hair, as a kid I never would have imagined looking like this when I grew up. But holy shit I swear my 23 year old self now looks exactly identical to the "guardian angel" in my dreams 18 years ago. Freaky.
    "We can't expect you to just know all the secrets of our top-secret-titty-club!" --Jenna Marbles

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Odette For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

1. The teeth falling out dream
    2. I am told there was a mistake made and I never really finished college
    3. I am banging this really beautiful woman and during the act she turns into an old ugly hag.
    4. The dream where I am actually able to give myself a BJ.
    哲ever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to safado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

lately i've been having dreams about one of the houses i used to live in, in west virginia..think i lived there from about 8 years old to 11..keep dreaming that i go back and i find all these secret doorways and cubby holes, and its all redone by the new owners and i sneak in.. i swear every month i have that dream
    also i have one where i go into a hospital/house/mental institution or something and the doctors are running around like everything is normal but the place is disgusting..shit, blood, garbage everywhere and the smell is so bad i want to puke

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,086 Posts

I too have had the ones where I found out I never graduated high school or college. I then wake up in a sweat worrying then I reassure myself that both happened so long ago that by now I would know if this was the case.

I have been having disturbing dreams about this guy. For about a year we've been playing this limbo game of "does he like me". I was about to give up on him but recently he started asking me out (after hinting for months). Anyway, I had three disturbing dreams lately about him. The other night we were walking somewhere (I think we were going to visit my brother who is in the army) hand in hand and I was barefoot.I then asked if we were dating and he said "no we're just friends". I got upset in this dream and decided to stop attending church because I was mad at God for doing this to me again. Second dream last night follows a conversation I had with him in real life where we made plans to go to an event today (unfortunately cancelled due to rain)and to watch a movie next weekend. Anyway in this dream he comes over to watch a movie and brings someone (I think it was a kid or a little person I'm not sure). This other person keeps talking about a former girlfriend of his that's he still in love with because he just broke up with her. In real life he hasn't had a girlfriend for at least 12 years or longer because the mutual friends we have told me that as long as they have known him he hasn't had a girlfriend. A third dream was him telling me in fact there is someone else he's interested in but didn't want to say anything. I know there isn't another woman in the picture but this is my insecurity going into my dreams.

I had a really cool dream recently where I was in this old mansion and there were all these doors and they opened into different rooms. Each room was very fancy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,903 Times in 3,712 Posts

Nightmares about failing classes... but those are usually warranted and around finals time. Nightmares about my parents/dog dying. Etc.

Since I shacked up with bf, every month at least I have a dream where I suddenly realize I'm in love with some other guy... the guys range from exes to friends to strangers. Probably a result of the whole "settling down" thing being really strange for me, and that I've worried a few times that I'm gonna make the wrong choice or get "trapped".

I had one recently that involved fighting a shark. That was just weird.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 375 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by safado View Post
    1. The teeth falling out dream
    2. I am told there was a mistake made and I never really finished college
    ^ We must have the same unconscious insecurities, because those are my exact 2 recurring dreams, too. I have one or the other at least once every month or two, and I ALWAYS wake up feeling like they actually happened.

That, and a dream where I'm in a car on this rollercoaster-like, neverending overpass that has huge chunks missing from the road, and the vehicle eventually becomes airborne and I'm catapulted off into space. That one's always fun to wake up from.

I've also had dreams of becoming a mother (I'm not one), either to my own child, someone else's child or even once to a baby polar bear, and I wake up feeling this huge sense of love and longing, and my whole day feels a little off-kilter. I never have dreams of loving people romantically like this, just in a maternal sense.
    典he irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -- in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around like rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
    - Anne Morris

30. The Following User Says Thank You to summerbre For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by summerbre View Post
    That, and a dream where I'm in a car on this rollercoaster-like, neverending overpass that has huge chunks missing from the road, and the vehicle eventually becomes airborne and I'm catapulted off into space. That one's always fun to wake up from.
    Wow, I have a dream similar to that at least a couple of times a year.
    哲ever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 375 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by safado View Post
    Wow, I have a dream similar to that at least a couple of times a year.
    We should have a therapy session together some time. LOL
    典he irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -- in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around like rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
    - Anne Morris

Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 Times in 878 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

I keep having dreams about late pregnancy/childbirth...

I don't have or want kids.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsepmet1 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,135 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

^I've had a few of those lately too. Birth is "supposed" to symbolise the beginning of something i.e. an idea, a chapter in your life etc (which seems logical).

I ALWAYS have dreams about being cheated on. I'm not insecure and or jealous and being cheated on doesn't cross my mind whilst in a relationship, unless there's good reason to suspect it of course. I suppose I don't expect much from men, nor do I really ever fully trust them, so I think my subconscious animates this in these dreams. I often dream about being at work too (nothing weird or special happens, it's just like actually being at work ).
    敵ive a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world -Marilyn Monroe

"True sexiness has many facets-confidence, strength, intelligence, and humor. It isn稚 just about trying to look sexy; it痴 an art and one becomes skillful in it when she realizes that there are all these conflicting elements that all come together to make something magical"-Dita Von Teese

36. The Following User Says Thank You to OliveJardin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

When I was around 8 years old i had a dream a few times. I was in a department store with a friend, and we were running away from old style movie monsters through the store. Movie monsters such as Dracula, Mummy, Werewolf, Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc. Anyhow, at some point, the friend starts running off in a different way from me, and Dracula is always right behind him, almost caught up to him, and I have to run after to try to take down Dracula before he can catch my friend, but every time when I am trying to run after them, my feet are running at normal speed, but I barely move, almost like I am stuck in glue, and the other monsters are catching up to me. Then, all of a sudden, I am hiding underneath of a burlap sheet (and for some reason I know it is Burlap, nothing else) near a campfire, and the monsters from the other part of the dream are gathered around the campfire, but they are talking and acting pretty much like regular people, even though they are still the monsters. Then I wake up.

A dream I have had several times over the past 30 years is that I am in a fight with someone, not sure who, but every punch I throw travels extremely slowly and lands with barely any force, which prompts me to swing harder and harder, always with the same results. Eventually I wake up.

The most common dream I have had all of my life is this dream of falling. Sometimes it is down a well, or off of a cliff, or down an elevator shaft. Feels like I am falling, backside down, and when I hit bottom in the dream, my body in real life (in the bed) typically jerks from the "impact" and I wake up. It doesn't happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Any lucid dreamers here?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah101 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast