Thread: Light skin problems/ pigment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Light skin problems/ pigment.

I am naturally pale, I have freckles on my face and many moles and when I scar or tan I tend to get a brownish pigment, my nips are brownish too if that helps, lol. Right now I am dealing with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Over time (months) my scars will fade I know, but right now I have huge dark splotches where it was once red and inflamed. It seems like it stands out so much because its brown and I am so light! I have a hard time matching anything to cover my skin, sally hansen and most makeup I have tried is too pink/yellow/orange. I need something like...whitish, almost to cover the brown, but still looks like my natural skin color. Anyone with skin like mine, who enjoys being pale also/isnt obsessed with tanning can give me some insight? I dont need much to cover it up..anything natural /easy to find in stores? My skin is very sensitive and especially where the scars are right now, even though I am healed, so putting a whole bunch of crap on it to lighten it will irritate it, I am staying away from lemon juice for now. I have an appointment with a derm in a month. I have tried papaya soap in the past and it seemed to work, Im going to buy more soon, but thats all I got. :/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chibii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Light skin problems/ pigment.

I am thinking what you might have is melasma. It can be from sun damage or from being on the pill / pregnancy. The only makeup product that can cover that up is highly pigmented makeup like dermablend or colortration. I have used dermablend but never colortration, but heard its good and seen on their website that it even covers tattoos so it must be good stuff. I have never had melasma, but had a friend who did and regular makeup would make it look worse like the color would turn grey or purplish. It would look better brown color than without the makeup. She then tried the dermablend and it looked so much better. I was so impressed bought some myself for any pms pimples or anything like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pizzedoff For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,226 Posts

The only thing that has worked for me for covering problems on my body has been Dermablend. However, getting it to match isn't the easiest. I was "matched" in a department store, and I ended up looking deformed in wedding photos because the color was so yellow on me in anything but department store lighting. Definitely go online and try to find a shade for you first, if you go with something like that. It really does work. I had a horrific folliculitis breakout all over my arms and chest after using a soap I'm apparently allergic to. I was literally in tears over how I looked, and Dermablend completely covered it.

If you're looking for something to help lighten it, not just cover it, I recommend that you look on Amazon for "mother of pearl" (concha nacar) products. There are some different options that might interest you, and I think most Walmarts sell some options in the ethnic beauty aisle. Other than that, the only thing I can recommend is exfoliating really often to help turn over the skin cells. If your legs are affected, scrubbing then shaving often will help.
    Last edited by tuesdaymarie; 03-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tuesdaymarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Actually, I love and use concha nacar on my face and it tingles a little, it has lemon juice in it I believe, so I wouldnt use it on these scars. I tried the concha nacar soap once and didnt like the results, which led to the papaya soap discovery! I will look into those makeup products for now and an ethnic beauty store near me for sure.

I have used hydroquinone cream to remove dark patches on my skin. Believe me its really nice cream and gives the faster effects than any other skin care creams.

Thanks

It definitely sounds like Melasma. And it sucks. I have it all over my face. It's popularly known to be caused from pregnancies or birth control, but there are other causes, too. I recently went off of my birth control in hopes mine would go away. It's fading, but not quickly enough to my satisfaction.
    Anyway, there's a really great Facebook group for Melasma sufferers. They introduced my to something called SuperFade and it is awesome! Check it out for sure!
    Last edited by ElektraDetroit; 02-12-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Melasma also creates many dark patches on body, I think you should talk with your skin expert about it because it may causes may skin problems like itching, redness on skin. Otherwise use the best skin care products to cure your melasma skin disorder.

Melasma is the skin disorder which causes skin redness and pigmented skin also, Due to melasma disease many people had dark patches on their skin. I also had many dark patches on my back, after some days it appears on my face too, Then my doctor suggested me to use hydroquinone cream to erase all dark patches and you can also use it on face. Believe me its really very effective cream on melasma skin disorder you can treat melasma skin disease by using this cream.