+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 signs you are dating a douchebag

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 620 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

Search 10 signs you are dating a douchebag

We all know I'm def no expert and I should take this advice...
    but it's pretty darn correct! If you're having the same question I'd check this out. Either way it's def eye opening

http://www.idatedthatdouche.com/2012...hebag.html?m=1
    "It's tough wearing the pants in a relationship when you don't have the balls to hold them up" --OliveJardin

Quote Originally Posted by JayATee View Post
    That doesn't make me not smart, it means my taste in men sucks and I should stop thinking with my vagina.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anouk.oui For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 707 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default Re: 10 signs you are dating a douchebag

"5) He lets you pay for him"

"9) You find yourself making excuses for him"

^...been there sister
    “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world”. -Marilyn Monroe

"True sexiness has many facets…confidence,strength, intelligence, and humor...it isn’t just about trying to look sexy; it’s an art and one becomes skilful in it when she realizes that there are all these conflicting elements that all come together to make something magical".-Dita Von Teese

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OliveJardin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,533 Times in 895 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

They forgot sign #11... "If you must click on this link to find out if he's a douchebag."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoJoX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,474 Posts

I generally agree with this list but the one about paying for him really depends. Obviously if he expects it then yes he is a douchebag but treating him (after he treated you many times)isn't douchebag to me. The rest on the mark.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellydancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

My fwb has been harassing at a pub once to buy him a beer even though he's never bought me a drink. I was mortified and told him to buy his own. I don't buy drinks for men...
    "It's tough wearing the pants in a relationship when you don't have the balls to hold them up" --OliveJardin

That doesn't make me not smart, it means my taste in men sucks and I should stop thinking with my vagina.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anouk.oui For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,533 Times in 895 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Anouk, I was recently in a fwb relationship, everything was amazing, best sex I ever had...until one day he flipped out on me saying I never spend money on him after he found out a spent a lot of money during night out with my friends. I was so disgusted, he went from the person who aroused me by the sound of his voice to just the thought of him repulsed me. He also said to me that I would never leave him because apparently he has magical dick. He wanted me to be his girlfriend without him being MY boyfriend. I laugh because he really thought he had me hooked...little does he know, I am an on and off switch.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJoX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I mentioned the one time this guy asked me out (he lived by a friend)and then expected me to pay for him! No I didn't pay for him, I paid for myself then never saw him again. A guy I was dating said "let's go to lunch" then told me because he bought dinner before I would buy lunch. He then ordered a huge lunch because "he was hungry". I stupidly paid but never saw him again. This has happened a few times and each time I told them I wouldn't pay for them. The funny thing is none of these guys were lookers at all but expected women to cater to them. I'd expect a handsome man to pull this because he could but a 300 pound man?

I had a platonic male friend who would always pay for me when we went to dinner or lunch. Once I started dancing I started treating him. I felt I owed it to him for him constantly paying for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

wow my baby daddy is all 10 of those! right on the mark..and yeah douchebag doesn't even begin to describe it. i myself will never pay for a man's dinner or anything else ever again. a self respecting man shouldn't require a woman to do that, sorry..
    when i get down on my knees, its not to pray -madonna

"Kid, it takes more than desperation to get out there on that stage. You either got it or you don't, baby.
    You have to be a warrior. A soldier. Fearless. Uninhibited. A stripper with a take-no-prisoners, raw, survival instinct. " -Kat, zombie strippers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Basically guys get away with so much in a relationship and outside of one so I reserve the right to have my dinner paid for by the man asking me out! Seriously I don't nag them for a relationship and mostly only contact the fwb when I'm gonna see them next then fuck them... It's a dream come true on their part so yeah. Enough perks already.
    I bought drinks for a male friend after he came out to see me once he returned from his tour overseas and didn't have money. He wouldn't accept it but I bought him one anyway.
    NEVER
    Pay
    For
    A
    Man
    Who is not your platonic male friend or brother or something like that. Learnt from "why men love bitches" and stand beside it thank you very much

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anouk.oui For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another one that came to me and not sure why it's not on the list but a man who doesn't buy you gifts is a douchebag. I'm not talking buying gifts all the time or even for that matter spending a lot. I even understand in situations like he lost his job not spending much. No, I mean you are dating and Christmas comes around and you get nothing and same for Valentines Day. I dated a few guys like this who would either buy me nothing for Christmas, my birthday (in January) and Valentines Day or buy me a "joke" gift (only this isn't funny). I once bought this guy I was dating a pretty sweater and a funny t shirt (he liked these shirts)and guess what he gave me? broken toys he found at a garage sale and New Kids On The Block books (and he knew I hated them so to him it was funny). Other guys didn't buy me anything at all and made excuses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

The way around idioting scenarios full of excuses is to deny bjs or sex. Not coz ill only do it for gifts and stuff, it's just that I'm not willing to make an extra effort to keep someone happy if they refuse to do the same. Harsh? Yeah. Does it work? YA BET

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

Thumbs up Re: 10 signs you are dating a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoX View Post
    They forgot sign #11... "If you must click on this link to find out if he's a douchebag."
    Haha! But sometimes you just wanna confirm that he's not a douchebag, which you already knew.. but that puts a HUGE smile on your face. In my case
    Quote Originally Posted by GlamourRouge View Post
    I still can't understand why people care about OTHER PEOPLE'S choices that don't affect them or hurt anyone. I go with the whole "ONE DAY WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE DEAD AND DUMB CRAP YOU CARED TOO MUCH ABOUT WON'T MATTER" and then they usually come to their senses. But its true. One day we will all be dead or dying or too old to function and the things you cared too much about won't matter, and the things you didn't care enough about (like FRIENDSHIPS) will be all you regret.

+ Reply to Thread