Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ImLive Thread

Thanks

Default ImLive Thread

Didn't know where to post this but just got an email from ImLive saying during the months of July, August and September they will suspend chargebacks!

Have a great summer with ImLive! No
    Chargebacks during July, August AND
    September!

All chargebacks for chats that take place
    between July 1st and Sept. 30th will not be
    deducted from your earnings. See campaign
    rules on site.

Figured it was worth a mention since I know a lot of ladies have said you would work there more if it wasn't for chargebacks. I use it as a backup site but knowing this I plan to get on more this Summer. Just thought It might help some of you out!
    For the love of nipples!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fallenangel2904 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 1,055 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Default Re: ImLive- No Charge backs

I worry this campaign deal is like their HOF no cbs campaign. (which to sum up- top hosts who do 50% free chat there don't get cbs) but once they fall out of HOF cb avalanche

I posted the official rules below...
    The first part I bolded doesn't scare me so much because it seems geared to girls doing fraud. But the one I bolded and underlined does, would we have any way of knowing when the chargebacks were really issued? (answer is no btw lol)

"Campaign runs from July 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM (00:01) ET through September 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM (23:59) ET ("campaign period"). During the campaign period, hosts will be eligible to have no chargebacks deducted from their earnings, subject to the limitations defined below. All earnings generated from chargebacks, will be subject to review and may be deducted, at the site's sole discretion and policies , from the pay period earnings. Any chargebacks that may be issued after September 30, 2013, for earnings generated during the campaign period, will be deducted from host earnings. Hall of Fame placement is determined after the deduction of chargebacks. Chargebacks are defined as per the site's terms and policies. ImLive.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit eligibility to participate in this Campaign for any reason whatsoever. Any host who commits fraud, violates ImLive.com's acceptable usage policy or whose account is terminated shall be disqualified from the Campaign and will not be entitled to receive any bonuses and/or awards. ImLive.com is entitled to amend these rules at its sole discretion and/or cancel the Campaign at any time and for any reason and you agree that you shall not be entitled to any compensation in such cases. ImLive.com reserves the right to revoke any bonuses and/or awards in the event that it discovers a system error and/or illegitimate actions. ImLive.com reserves the right to terminate this campaign at any time, at its sole discretion without any prior notice."

If anyone thinks I'm worrying for nothing and wants to correct me please do!! (do we have an imlive representative on sw?)
    I work on imlive but am VERY VERY VERY selective about who I accept now because I have been hit HARD there with cbs.
    I really would like to just accept everyone during this promotion...but I'm afraid of my account being negative in October after this campaign has passed.
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

Thanks
    Thanked 22,906 Times in 3,858 Posts

I met Carol at an Xbiz event. She tried hard to recruit me back to IMlive.
    1. They fired me.
    2. Charge backs.

Since we have no say or control over chargebacks & they do, not to mention there are popular cam companies we can work for & not deal with the issue at all. They are still stuck in the business model that existed in camming 10 years ago & now doesn't.

If they lack models due to their own policies, yet try to fool their own work force by a farce of a policy of no chargebacks for 3 months is insulting to the performers. The adult business needs to treat us like partners & not disposable trash as in the past.

Smooches,
    Sam

Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 917 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

I fully agree Sam, they greedy and full of crap, this campaign is a joke, models should not fall for it, i know i worked there during another campaign like that and DURING the campaign i got a CB of $50 that was deducted from my earnings even they claimed no CB's that pay period. Imagine ladies, they said they entitled to take the money from my earning cause of their site policies!! Excuse me??!! That's exactly what they write in the fine printing above so my question is, what the heck this NO CHARGEBACKS campaign is about then? Only certain models will benefit off it and that JUST temporarily. Yea, they can kiss my fat ass!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,652 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

A credit card customer has 6 months to dispute a charge with Visa or Master card - American Express and Discover have 1 year to dispute - just thought i would add that in for an FYI

Thanks

Ahh thank you guys for shedding light on things! Guess it isn't such a good promotion after all lol. Well guess its SM for me!
    For the love of nipples!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fallenangel2904 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 1,055 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    I met Carol at an Xbiz event. She tried hard to recruit me back to IMlive.
    1. They fired me.
    2. Charge backs.

Since we have no say or control over chargebacks & they do, not to mention there are popular cam companies we can work for & not deal with the issue at all. They are still stuck in the business model that existed in camming 10 years ago & now doesn't.

If they lack models due to their own policies, yet try to fool their own work force by a farce of a policy of no chargebacks for 3 months is insulting to the performers.
    The adult business needs to treat us like partners & not disposable trash as in the past.

Smooches,
    Sam

I want to thank your post so many times Sam. Especially the part I made big as fuck. I have been around long enough to realize that the companies that take care of their models do fine and the ones that don't are struggling trying to keep up. (hello imlive.com and cams.com for examples)
    It's funny it's obvious they are desperately trying to keep their sites afloat. They don't realize if they just took better care of their models (and especially don't try to deceive your models) they wouldn't have that problem. But unfortunately they still believe that the customers are the valuable ones instead of the models!!

I am going on a rant now, but I was kicked off (later changed to a month suspension) what used to be my main site from something a member told them!! What the member told them was NOT true and they didn't even take the 30 seconds to check if it was true or not. It was something they would of needed to check then and there..but since they did not, I couldn't prove it was untrue. I earned them around $600,000 (their cut) in the time I was on the site. I guarantee that member did not spend $600,000 there...and likely never will. But they would rather take his word than mine. I never went back to their site, so they lost a model giving them years of consistent income for a random customer. Smarrrrrrrt

But wait it gets even better...so not only did they lose a model...but guess what!?
    A bunch of my old customers found me on other sites! These camsites don't think stuff like that happens; for some strange reason they think they are the ones that keep the customers coming back when in reality it is the models who do that. This is not 1996 guys don't think only 1 camsite exists plus they know how to google and when a guys favorite model disappears they go looking for them! (There is even a site for helping guys find out what camsite the model they are looking for went.)

So when models leave, not only do they lose a model, but they probably have lost the money of that girls best regulars, maybe not this week, or next. But when he realizes she's not just on a vacation and goes looking for her. Or maybe he won't leave until he keeps having to replace his favorites because they keep leaving. When girls don't stick around on sites neither do customers, which is only a downward spiral.

I wonder if some of these camsites will figure out that models are not disposable before its too late for them. In the past that seemed to work out okay but like I said..its not 1996 there are too many camsites for a girl to choose from, as well as plenty of info on each. I would bet good money that the majority of future successful camgirls are doing research (on forms like this ) and learning about the ins and outs of each site before making an informed decision. A lot of these camsites are gonna fail if they don't change their way of doing things. Before resources like this it was a little different, there was no one to call sites out for their bullshit publicly, but times have changed. Cams.com sent a representative here but they LEFT once I called them out on their percentage lies in this thread. No acknowledgment / apologies for the "wording that could be confusing" (even though we know damn well it was intentional lol) no explanations...nothing. They just left and never came back, apparently we were not even worth them trying to cover their asses at the time. Now 2 years later they upped their model referral percentages by a ton!!! (hmm desperate much?) yet they still haven't changed their deceiving payout percentage page. The days where the only info you could find about a site before signing up was the sites FAQs and the promises of how you will make 69 million a night are over!! These sites are no longer fooling anyone, all they are doing is making themselves look stupid.

I hope at least one of them will wake up and catch on. Start taking better care of your models (or maybe at least start by not insulting our intelligence) and everything else might just fall into place! There are a zillion and one things sites could do to make their models happier (and I'm not even talking about things that cost them money, I mean things like them not allowing tech support to be rude to models, it is so ridiculous that I have heard a case of this from just about every site) I don't know why they haven't figured out models are the key to success.

Speaking of models being the key to success can you imagine if they ever started valuing our opinions? WOW that could be amazing for all of us, I don't even understand how the sites have hundreds of girls spending hours upon hours upon hours with customers DAILY, but don't ask us our opinions on anything. I mean we obviously know the customers better than them. They don't ask us about opinions on features, they don't ask us about ideas we have that can make us more money, they don't ask anything. Of course most sites have suggestion boxes but we know they don't listen (camgirls don't have brains duhhh). It seems like most sites just half ass copy a random feature from another camsite once a year or so lol.

Sites wouldn't even have to pay someone to check suggestions on a daily basis. A site could start a suggestion forum and I think the performers on any site would be organized enough to post ideas and votes. The site would only have to pay attention to the best ideas that were voted on and then could choose from them ( I bet they avoid asking us for suggestions because they don't want to hear about things that are not possible, or that don't fit the style of the site, or would just be impossible to implement but I doubt they could fathom that most of us understand the difference!) Companies pay big money for people to come up with creative ideas for them.. again I don't know why they are missing the fact that they have HUNDREDS of creative people (aka cam performers) that know their customers better than anyone else, with the same goal as them (to make more $$$), that would help for FREE but yet no site I know of utilizes this what so ever.
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

What a min Im a little confused , just so I understand this right so no charge backs for 3mos and then in Oct we get charged. So its like a student loan we don't have to pay the interest till we graduate but we still have to pay It, its just postponed. is that right?
    From today 16-18, you get 7% on top of your privates but I guess we have to read the fine print to make sure

Campaign runs from July 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM (00:01) ET through July 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM (23:59) EST ("campaign period"). Eligible hosts will be entitled to earn an extra 7% bonus on earnings made in paid video chats only, during the campaign period. For example, if a host earns $50 from paid video chats during the campaign period that host will be entitled to receive an additional bonus of $3.50. This campaign does not apply to earnings from Discount Clubs, tips, videos, Recorded Live Sessions, Live Viewer, Happy Hour, bonus credits or 60% and 100% commission Guests. The maximum bonus amount is set at $1000. Additional bonuses will be added to eligible hosts' pay period earnings on July 19, 2013. ImLive.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit eligibility to participate in this Campaign for any reason whatsoever. Any host who commits fraud, violates ImLive.com's acceptable usage policy or whose account is terminated shall be disqualified from the Campaign and will not be entitled to receive any bonuses and/or awards. ImLive.com is entitled to amend these rules at its sole discretion and/or cancel the Campaign at any time and for any reason and you agree that you shall not be entitled to any compensation in such cases. ImLive.com reserves the right to revoke any bonuses and/or awards in the event that it discovers a system error and/or illegitimate actions. ImLive.com reserves the right to terminate this campaign at any time, at its sole discretion without any prior notice.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,218 Times in 4,399 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

IMlive is a crock of shit. I've cammed on there off and on since 08' and I believe I only recieved one very small chargeback. My issue with them is that the mere thought of a chargeback is being left to the performer to deal with. They should have enough money set aside to have a coverall, streammate does, so why can't they? Why market 3 months with NO chargebacks anyway? It's obviously an issue and they are using it to get more models online instead of working on their business model to correct the issues. To me it's thievery. It's fraud, and I can't wait until the day the cc companies slap down on customers and companies taking advantage of performers. Okay, so it's okay for you to use my services, bust a nut, and not pay for it? And I'm calling BS on Imlives end. I think they randomly select chargebacks themselves because it takes much longer than a two week pay period for chargeback to occur. That campaign is a crock of shit.

Believe In Your Brand

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I would definitely not take just anyone and everyone during the campaign. I am sticking with my normal routine of blocking the usual countries, and staying very selective as well. I really do wish they would get with the program on the chargeback issue, among other issues, before it is, as was very well said, too late. I like the setup of my room at IML, the prompt for incoming guests, and the idea that I do not have to perform in free video, and Ive been there a long time BUT.. nowadays, we have choices which do not include having to put up with CB's and I'm exploring those choices.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maddie67 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 794 Posts

That campaign is a joke. I could just imagine how much money some women will lose off their cheques once October rolls around and they add up 3 months worth of cb's.
    I've tried to cam on there off and on but between the 30% and the guys complaining when you charge *gasp* 3.80/min....( I charge 5.99 on SM and no one complains)
    and the fact that shit and abuse thrown at me in free chat far surpasses any I've ever experienced on any other site....I would never go back on there regardless of the campaign they're running

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holly_xoxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Hottie.
    I know your frustration.
    Fortunately for me I got to voice my opinion about Imlive directly to Carrol for the bad business experience I had from that company. Funny, there were many dating sites that send traffic to cam sites all saying how wonderfully I convert for them on Streamate. haha
    I do see a difference with SM & Naked. Both of those companies have treated me like a business partner & have worked with me on things that I need above what they generally offer most models. So there is hope.

Find it extremely bad for business that cam companies don't have representatives on this site to deal with the issues we have with them in an open manner. I know for a fact, they ALL lurk here. But have no respect or merit to what we write on this board. Totally disheartens me, at this point in business when we all should be working together to improve the sites, cam girls money, the companies bottom line & such.
    If they do show up on this site it is to recruit us to their sites, but they don't change the issues we have in working on those sites & their all to one-sided contracts that should be considered criminal. Sad, that they don't want to interact with us to improve their business & ours. This is a missed opportunity on their part showing how much they don't value us at all.

STraight from Carrol's mouth, that Imlive will NOT stop passing on charge backs to the models. Told that kind of business model would never be profitable for them, ignoring the fact I pointed out neither SM or MFC pass it on to us, yet make money. She had no reply for that fact.

Sad that you Hottie, made them $600,000 yet was not considered valuable enough to the company to discuss a problem. How many real world companies would fight to have that kind of salesperson on staff.... Porn industry in general has NEVER valued the talent no matter how much money we make them.

This is changing. AS I have predicted in the past on here. Traffic is a much needed commodity in porn, affiliates are not the power players they used to be. Now with social media any porn or cam performer can become a major traffic player with their social media. This is US upping our game. They desperately need that traffic, DESPERATELY! The tide is turning. It will continue to change for us. We all need to be aware of it.

For WE are the FUTURE of PORN!

Smooches,
    Sam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Fox View Post
    A credit card customer has 6 months to dispute a charge with Visa or Master card - American Express and Discover have 1 year to dispute - just thought i would add that in for an FYI
    I used to handle chargebacks for a tanning company, I WON every single time.
    Now, since they record our camming sessions & put them on dvd or have the right to, all in your contract. Why not take that same recording & send it to the customer who is doing the chargeback & the credit card company proving services given. Guys who do chargebacks do it on a regular basis. I don't think cam companies would lose LEGIT customers, but prevent the scam artist from getting over on all of us.
    Is it blackmail? maybe a little LOL
    It would also show which girls are pulling scams on customers,( I doubt it is many) & who is giving a great show, yet the guys is being a jerk in asking for his money back.

Once you proven a service was given for the money, fail to see how credit card company could argue with you about it.

Smooches,
    Sam

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

lol at sams reply.. that is a fabulous idea! record these guys and show proof they are in vid hahaha funny

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

i have been on imlive a long time and guess im pretty lucky to not have many cb but i agree we should not have to ever be responsible for them, i know some hosts get hit hard, its bad for her confidence to want to work after that. im glad they have this campaign, i need the xtra cash right now. the other site im on is very slow, so im gonna stay positive and work as much as i can - i will be starting school soon so fingers crossed! xoxo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VeteranCamModel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Thumbs up Re: ImLive- No Charge backs

Yeah I know how it feels. I have been working as a cam girl for about 10 years and I will NEVER get used to the charge backs. I think it's extremely unfair to all of us and they should be taking care of it.

I have worked pretty much everywhere, you name it, but I have to point out that on Imlive I make the most. I don't know about you girls, but I do get more "quality" guys who are willing to drop the big cash on me only there.

This new NO charge back campaign is just something temporary - July, August and September - and it doesn't sound so promising because our charge back is only being delayed which is an extreme turn off !!! But as a positive person, I try to look at it on the bright side - I am at least making a lot of money there and the traffic is amazing this Summer! Woohoo :-)

I hope, I really really hope to don't get any charge backs in October. And I hope Imlive will have a NO charge back for life time!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedJules For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,612 Times in 5,626 Posts

I'm seeing how this 'splitcamming ImLive with AdultWork' thing goes this month.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,937 Times in 1,856 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I worked on ImLive ages ago. They ran some kind of promotion then about some kind of, "no chargebacks" thing like this. The month after the promotion was over, I was hit with a TON of chargebacks. I still remember, 673.84. I freaked out and asked how many of my shows had CBed to hit me that hard. They said that it was CBs from the promotional period and that I'd failed to meet some kind of criterion to get the deal, so they'd just stored up all my CBs until the end of the promotion and rolled them over to the next check.

This was when I was new at camming, so it's entirely possible that there was just something in the text of the deal that I didn't understand or didn't know to look for at the time, but. *shrugs* It sucks. I made the next payout, closed my account, and haven't been back since. I just don't trust them.

So I guess moral of the story is to read their promotion text REALLY closely!

I

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

Thanks
    Thanked 13,919 Times in 4,163 Posts

It's really super discouraging to sign in to a website and discover that you are in the negative!!! and everything you make till you pay it back makes you essentially be camming and doing shows for the site for FREE.

Ugh.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

My face when I logged in and saw ImLive's promo banner for no CBs this summer:

I've got close to $40 on IML stored up that's just been sitting there for months that I refuse to log on and build up to the minimum payout of fifty because of the abuse and daily SHIT that I used to have to put up with on that website. Ever since I joined Streamate, I pretty much vowed to never go back again.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnAmbrosia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,218 Times in 4,399 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

[email protected] your siggy, Autumn.

Believe In Your Brand

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsobelWren View Post
    I worked on ImLive ages ago. They ran some kind of promotion then about some kind of, "no chargebacks" thing like this. The month after the promotion was over, I was hit with a TON of chargebacks. I still remember, 673.84. I freaked out and asked how many of my shows had CBed to hit me that hard. They said that it was CBs from the promotional period and that I'd failed to meet some kind of criterion to get the deal, so they'd just stored up all my CBs until the end of the promotion and rolled them over to the next check.

This was when I was new at camming, so it's entirely possible that there was just something in the text of the deal that I didn't understand or didn't know to look for at the time, but. *shrugs* It sucks. I made the next payout, closed my account, and haven't been back since. I just don't trust them.

So I guess moral of the story is to read their promotion text REALLY closely!
    I had the same exact thing happen to me on ifriends! Just about the same amount too then like 100.00 gets taken out of my reserves so not only am I screwed out of almost 700.00 but I'm missing 100.00 out of my 6 month reserves . Your right, I haven't even wanted to go back and maybe that's why I've been so depressed these last 2 weeks..feeling like I got rapped . But, I changed my payout to the GPO plan and it's been better but now most of my guys are getting kicked out of video for decline charges I could never win back to Streamate I go..free chat yayyy..fuckin not ugh why why why can't they just make a happy site that works for everyone..a site with lots of options..paid chat, free chat..no chargebacks and 50% or more..I feel like we got a bunch of site pimps pimping us out maybe one day it will get better..praying until then

33. The Following User Says Thank You to hotmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Quote Originally Posted by kortneykay View Post
    [email protected] your siggy, Autumn.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnAmbrosia For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I hate CB !! I just keep praying iml will one day listen to us and really take notice. Im hopeful that they will eventually end the cb once and for all! No one likes cb's- I sure dont blame you for not wanting to log in, that sucks about your cb girl!! Thats the only bad part of this job. those guys are just flat out rude for doin them against us, its just so mean !!! staying positive though, cause i love that site overall. $$$$ to you all !!!!!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to VeteranCamModel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi h0ttie,

I believe that they mean that during the time the campaign is on, you won't get any chargebacks.
    I was on Imlive during these campaign and never had any problem.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beentheredonethat For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast