Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159 LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 3952

Thread: My Last Shift...

Thanks

Default Re: My Last Shift...

First shift back since before covid hit last night, at a new club too and i did well! A few dollars under $1100 for a thursday night, which according to the other girls is on the higher end of normal for a Thursday here so even though I'm not intending to work another thursday because of having a day job, it's very promising as far as the money in the club goes. It's almost double what I'd expect to come home with after a Thursday at my old club. High stage tips too compared to what I'm used to.

However the money aside, it's definitely going to take used to working here, even the managers are years younger than me. The couple of girls who I told my age were shocked by it, which means i don't stick out like a sore thumb looks wise at least, but my last club had girls from 18 right through to 45. According to one of the girls who has been there for a few years, most of the dancers working are 19-20 and there's a high turn over rate - not because of the club management, but because the place attracts a lot of the pretty young new girl who wants to try it out, but gets sick of it after a few months. It explains why most girls had no or almost no tattoos and there wasn't an implant to be seen haha. I was thinking it was a little unusual for a club here to have somehow amassed so many non-tattooed girls when no tattoos wasn't part of the hiring criteria (I got hired without even taking off my clothes so who knows what I might have had), even a normal office setting would have more woman with tattoos hiding under their clothes here. Very strange as far as the general vibe too, a number of groups who'd come in and sit down with trays of drinks who weren't remotely interested in getting dances or watching the stage. They'd still tip when you came around after your set but paid no attention otherwise and anyone trying to sell dances was shut down immediately.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RioK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,486 Times in 8,482 Posts

Traveling dancer math can be so awful , ha!

I cracked $500 BUT I spent $60 hotel , $30 in gas , $45 DJ / security !

At the end ( 12:56 since I pushed myself past my typical midnight cut off ) I felt ok.
    Thinking back .... it was kind of HARD . I just mean in a sense of really having to *push it* along . I don't think a single person asked me for a dance and only one guy spent over $100 in a row. Those $20-$50 per person nights can really be a hard grind.

I did feel settled and comfortable. I felt like phones were better controlled in the club ( I did have to ask the DJ to watch for me closely ).
    I also realized that it's good for me to step OUT of the place and do a couple 15 min. breaks laying down in my car .
    They can be really reviving for me.
    It was also needed ( it was SO hot in the place ).

SO ..... $500ish and left with $365ish.
    The un-rounded number was bothering me so I went back at Noon the next day before leaving.
    I liked that this place opens at NOON now.
    I made exactly $35 off a dude ha before driving back.

There were some things bothering me about the night now that I think of it .
    One guy I remember was grabby and I think caught me in a weird tired lull .
    I felt like I should have been more like " DON'T touch me because you are not SPENDING ".
    I think I slinked off but felt skeeved by that ( non-sexual grabs but you know what I'm talking about and not even giving a few bucks ).
    I did kick a non-tipper off my stage ( LOUDLY ) which I honestly enjoy.

The guy I got the $35 from this morning was also gross lol but in his defense he gave it to me in like 10 mintues hahaha. I really went to the club just to see IF anyone would even be there at Noon out of curiosity and I like you can pop in during the day and owe the club NOTHING . It makes me want to get more organized with advance marketing and get the guys in there in the day BUT that can waste time in it's own way also ( risking time communicating with them before your shift ). I'm thinking about it though if I come back.

Overall my trip wasn't bad per say and it wasn't *great*.
    I feel more settled knowing my " back up " money plan can be called on over the weekend IF my day job is lean. I felt good to see the plan was working. I also KNOW it is super inefficient to work just one night but I just didn't feel great about staying in town two full days. Overall I'm SO GLAD I didn't walk with nearly nothing after 2 hour driving EACH way . I really could see working about once a week being a good fit for me but working two nights in a row could also mean I could skip a week if things go well. Since my clubs are TWO hours each way it does make more sense but I kind of hate working two days in a row. Just thinking out loud, ha.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 08-02-2021 at 07:00 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had such a wonderful day the day prior with my partner in the forest.
    Details will probably be shared another thread lol but I ADORE the openness about this whole " oh maybe I'm not quite fully retired" thing.
    He sent me off with good wishes .
    Actually my choices were to hang out with his conservative parents or go make money so it was a very easy choice.
    We have had plenty of family time with both sides the last week.

He is supportive of my new " just don't touch Fri . / Sat's schedule wise *temporarily* until my money sees a correction rule.
    I'm keeping the next 3 weekends ( Fri . / Sat. ) free of social commitments in case I need the money.
    What I have HATED in the past is partners not respecting these time frames.
    Like ..... this in MY BUSINESS . Just TRUST me that there is reason I want to be there in these particular times . I'M the expert here do don’t pull at me for time that is going to drastically reduce my earnings.

Around the time he thought I'd start sent me a quick text wishing me a good night.
    I think I just carry trauma from other partners being so difficult with it.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 08-01-2021 at 08:43 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 865 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

^^thats great he’s so good about this, I’ve never had one be that way, always been a problem for me!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I suspect it helps that I rarely average more than once a week.
    Evenings work hours are admittedly inconvenient !

But men being weird with it ... ugh !
    They “ just can’t understand “ it since a THEY don’t have this income as an option .
    ( past memories shudders )

You know if THEY had the option .... 90% would all of the sudden then be ok with it.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 08-02-2021 at 07:01 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 331 Posts

Anyone worked lately? How are the clubs doing? Are they starting to get busy again?
    Do your future self a favor and work hard now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to buttonpop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 429 Posts

The feel when you go on stage with a dunderhead group of people in the club and the song playing has the lyrics “I should’ve stayed at home” repeating. How appropriate LOL

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 325 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    But men being weird with it ... ugh !
    They ď just canít understand ď it since a THEY donít have this income as an option .
    ( past memories shudders )

You know if THEY had the option .... 90% would all of the sudden then be ok with it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 601 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

I haven't been back since July I think? My area (NOLA) is still super fucked up from the pandemic and hurricane. There are practically no tourists right now. Like you can go in the Quarter and park anywhere. I think only two clubs are even open in the Quarter every day. Hustler still doesn't have its day shift back. I almost feel like I'm being forced into retirement. Luckily I have a vanilla job that I really dig.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Dancing in socal over the last year has been one hell of a roller coaster. I took a year off to focus on a day job, which thankfully kicked in right before the pandemic went into full swing here. it got me through, but my income dropped to the point that when my old club reopened in October, I quit my day job. The first couple months were AMAZING. My county was open while an adjacent county kept all bars and restaurants closed, and I was bringing in double what I had been making before I left. it kind of tapered off back to normal levels by New Years, and slowed to a trickle in the last few months. There are clubs around here where the money is better, but they're dirty, the dancers are pushy and catty, and etiquette is fucking nonexistent.

Currently, it's been so slow at my home club that I think I'm getting ready to hang my heels up, y'all. I'm burnt out.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mercymcmxci For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 429 Posts

It’s weird where I’ve been lately for past few shifts. From what I’ve gathered, number of customers and dancers are both down. And it’s either an easy 4 figures or barely anyone in the door. I literally napped most of the shift last night and only one person came in the door. The owner went ahead and waived the house fee for us last night.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had a middle of the road one !
    Not too hectic / not too slow.
    Early too ( 4-11 ) ! Heh, I'll take it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,635 Times in 3,700 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I had a fantastic week. Thank God. About time! September was horrid for me and most of October. Before that, I was doing good. We'll see. I work in a vax mandatory state and ever since that was implemented, I saw a dip in my shifts. Ugh...

Management called me a bull last night. Lol. Give me my fucking money. I ain't playing.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,739 Times in 2,595 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Saturday was alright… nothing to write home about. The number of girls there who seem to be there because they’re struggling seems to be proportionally higher than it was before. I don’t want to be competing with them when I already have what I need… I’d rather be working with them to help them develop their hustle. I don’t think I can get back into this, and I don’t need to, it’s just thst I’m such a busybody and can’t stand the idea of spending my time doing something which isn’t productive. I’d already scheduled for next weekend before I came to this conclusion, but I think if I’m going to stay involved with it, it can’t be in this role.
    Written on the walls at the house of sorrow
    You can find the names of those who burned
    Greater yet, the pain in little drawings
    I could not remain in that room

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 1,396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,054 Times in 2,649 Posts

Didn’t want to go in, but went anyways. I should’ve stayed home. A bunch of cheapskates-of course it only takes one guy, but our job is 20% of actually dancing and 80% of emotional labor. Next time my intuition tells me to stay home because I don’t have the mental capacity to deal with the club I WILL. I tried to push myself and ended up having a mini mental breakdown. There’s such a fine line between making yourself work when you don’t feel like working and when to stay home and self care to avoid too much stripclub stress.

I made enough money for groceries, gas, and to get my nails done at least, but I should’ve stay home and worked the next day.

The weekends are so stressful. It’s a complete numbers game where you talk to guys who play games all night just to find the couple of spenders among a crowd of cheapskates. It’s like mental Olympics to mentally deal with the weekend crowd. Next time, I’ll prepare better mentally to deal.
    Last edited by moneybags; 04-24-2022 at 10:20 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,522 Times in 6,660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Didn’t want to go in, but went anyways. I should’ve stayed home. A bunch of cheapskates-of course it only takes one guy, but our job is 20% of actually dancing and 80% of emotional labor. Next time my intuition tells me to stay home because I don’t have the mental capacity to deal with the club I WILL. I tried to push myself and ended up having a mini mental breakdown. There’s such a fine line between making yourself work when you don’t feel like working and when to stay home and self care to avoid too much stripclub stress.

I made enough money for groceries, gas, and to get my nails done at least, but I should’ve stay home and worked the next day.

The weekends are so stressful. It’s a complete numbers game where you talk to guys who play games all night just to find the couple of spenders among a crowd of cheapskates. It’s like mental Olympics to mental deal with the weekend crowd. Next time, I’ll prepare better mentally to deal.
    I don't blame you for trying... we've all had a handful of nights where we REALLY didn't want to go in, dragged our asses into the club, and ended up making $$$. Those nights seem to either be $$$$$ or nothing, there is no in between.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,054 Times in 2,649 Posts

Had a good night. I practiced non resistance and non attachment. It really helped. I also maintained an abundance consciousness. Be - Do - Have! Thank you universe. Now watch tomorrow be a shit night. No no.
    It’ll be good tomorrow. Gotta stay positive.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 865 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I finally went back to the club last weekend, the first weekend was super bad $$$, then the next weekend I banked, I had my best night of all time Saturday, over a couple grand and the next night not much less l, so weird the first weekend back was only a few hundred a night, they did have a feature that weekend, I wonder if that’s why, I have always done not so good on feature nights no matter where I was in the country for some reason. Also, lots of girls were there that first weekend, I don’t like not knowing what to expect, I could go in this weekend and make next to nothing or bank.. wtf.. anyways I’m happy to be back after Covid and having my 2nd baby!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,142 Times in 2,889 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Congrats Ava. I hope the $$$ continues to grow for you.
    xoxo

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 2,591 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Yay -- I can post in this thread again, after a few years away!

Tonight was quieter than expected for Cinco de Mayo, but it was a good chill day to get back into stripping. Customers were nice... tried to keep up a super positive vibe, and it paid off. Didn't make anything crazy, but I wasn't even expecting to actually work a full shift, just audition. Took it easy and ready to get back in tomorrow.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,142 Times in 2,889 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Congrats on your return.
    xoxo

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Second shift over! Had a pretty good night money wise, esp for a Monday. Got a potential new regular's number. Used a couple nerdy lines on guys -- told one that I'm a gamer and I have a level 100 warlock, lmao. He tipped generously hehe!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Best night so far! Did a champagne room at the end of the night... god I am so happy to be back!

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My last shift was my first shift back since covid closed everything down in 3/2020. I work in Dallas and now it is an OUTRAGEOUS $150 fee for background check and fingerprints. I spoke to other girls throughout the night who confirmed they had to pay that as well. VERY slow Tuesday meaning first customer was there at 12:30am and we didn’t get “busy” until about 2:30am. After a $10 tip out to each the DJ and housemom, I made $151 ��