Thread: Que? No habla ingles!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,231 Times in 4,313 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Que? No habla ingles!

I tried this working @ Daydreams and it worked though it initially started off as a joke. Anyone else ever pull this card? Did it work for you?
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: Que? No habla ingles!

I've tried it w/ French, & occasionally laying on the Slavic accent reaaallly thick/broken English, both w/ mixed results. When I get the Spanish speakers who can't/won't speak English, I just start carrying on in French & if they are European sm times they will understand enough that we can make smtg happen.

I've also gotten sm pretty nasty comments from customers for it 'Go back to your Slavic $hthole' & they kinda go downhill from there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
    I've tried it w/ French, & occasionally laying on the Slavic accent reaaallly thick/broken English, both w/ mixed results. When I get the Spanish speakers who can't/won't speak English, I just start carrying on in French & if they are European sm times they will understand enough that we can make smtg happen.

I've also gotten sm pretty nasty comments from customers for it 'Go back to your Slavic $hthole' & they kinda go downhill from there.
    Or "Go back to Mexico!" that's what they told me and oddly "Go back to Vietnam!" O_O
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Aniela View Post

Or "Go back to Mexico!" that's what they told me and oddly "Go back to Vietnam!" O_O
    Tempest

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Man, I wish. Red hair and freckles can't really pass for anything but English.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Spanish, Polish, Vietnamese, or Swahili - to so many ppl, if it's not English, it's all just po-tay-toe/po-tah-toe. Smh.

Thanks

I once danced with a Russian girl who tanned and dyed her hair and spoke with a thick Italian accent... Guys ate it up. If only I could pull off that stuff

Thanks
    Thanked 19,674 Times in 10,159 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Hmm, I once convinced a non-Eng. speaking Spanish guy to jump my car, using pantomine does that count?
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Oddly enough I have never purposefully played this card.....although and this happened twice I was flagged down for a few dances and the proprietors were under the assumption I didn't speak English.....we had a large Eastern European population of dancers at our club, so I guess they thought I was one of them. Odd as it is I went with it, because I figured why not and they loved it. BTW I am Italian and English LOL. Not even close to being of Slavic descent, but people constantly mistake me for being Eastern European. Perhaps there is something my parents aren't telling me LOL......

Also since I speak Spanish I like to use that to my advantage. Usually these customers are paid in cash and I have never known a Hispanic visitor to carry less than $200 cash on them. It's just a trend and I am not trying to be racist here, just a fact. And they love to drink, so that means more spending, but unfortunately you do have to fight to keep them from being too hands-on.
    "I can feel guilty about the past, apprehensive about the future, but only in the present can I act." - Abraham Maslow

Thanks
    Thanked 19,544 Times in 3,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    haha that reminds me when I used to work at a call center, introduced myself with my first name (which is crazy Italian) and the guy yelled at me to go back to the Philippines and hung up... Um what? Ignorance all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

I love it how some customers miraculously forget their English when it's time to pay you. -_-
    Tempest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post: