Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I dont think camming is working out for me but i feel my job options are limited

Thanks
    Thanked 6,666 Times in 2,626 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default I dont think camming is working out for me but i feel my job options are limited

I'm starting to not enjoy camming anymore because i never made more then 200 a week over the past year ive been doing it. I live an hour away walking time to the nearest bus stop and pretty much no money after bills and rent i pay half of the rent and bills in the apartment i share with my boyfriend and thats about 90% of my income i dont have any clothes to wear to an interview (i have two track pants 2 PJ pants and a bunch of t-shirts) so i have no clue what im going to do about getting to any interviews paying for clothes to wear to a job interview and what to do about being clean and well groomed for a job interview because i sweat very easily and i know if i did walk to the bus stop i would be pretty 'ripe' smelling by the time i got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 589 Posts

Default Re: I dont think camming is working out for me but i feel my job options are limited

www.alpineaccess.com offers work-from-home jobs that are NOT a scam, I can attest to that.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,560 Times in 3,647 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: I dont think camming is working out for me but i feel my job options are limited

http://join.liveops.com/
    My partner and I used to work for them when we were in college. You just need a land line and internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to audritwo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,925 Posts

Is this a job offering more than min wage?
    Think about it if so... I think min is around 7.00 and you would be lucky to get 40 hours weekly.
    Next, the taxes they remove before paying you.
    So you can bust your ass or kee trying to build clients on cam.

You will be at home and not riding a bus. There are bus fees.
    Weigh the options here
    You may end up paying more to work a reg job

Just throwing it out there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel View Post
    Is this a job offering more than min wage?
    Think about it if so... I think min is around 7.00 and you would be lucky to get 40 hours weekly.
    Next, the taxes they remove before paying you.
    So you can bust your ass or kee trying to build clients on cam.

You will be at home and not riding a bus. There are bus fees.
    Weigh the options here
    You may end up paying more to work a reg job

Just throwing it out there
    yeah i know im considering an at home vanilla job and camming. im just getting burnt out and frustrated because its my only source of income. i do enjoy camming but its just been getting worse and worse going on the third week now and this isnt where i thought id be a year in. i think its just my anxiety disorder getting the best of me ive been very short and patient w/ guys over the past few days and just fucking annoyed with every little thing lately and its getting me nowhere fast
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member BANHammerGoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Which sites are you working? I know you working the BBW angle. Is that not working for you? Or are you unable to work more than a certain amount of hours per week due to health issues?
    Could you focus on phone sex? Or perhaps see if another site works better for you?

*stolen from AutumnAmbrosia*

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BANHammerGoddess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 356 Posts

I would go back to that one BBW thread and read all the advice girls gave you. I'm going to be real here. Over the past.. year or so (that I've been on SW) I know myself and a few other girls have tried giving you advice on what to do to make more money and it seems like you aren't taking it or are half ass taking it. Read those threads and go hard with the good advice that has been given to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    Pussy is truly the great uniter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BANHammerGoddess View Post
    Which sites are you working? I know you working the BBW angle. Is that not working for you? Or are you unable to work more than a certain amount of hours per week due to health issues?
    Could you focus on phone sex? Or perhaps see if another site works better for you?
    i work sm mainly but because its been slow ive had to go back on mfc and mfc is mfc .... ive tired imlive and aw cb too i have a listing on CMD and i just recently got into nite flirt cb was ok but i just lost my patience with it imlive and aw was just a lot of comming and out and begging and the same ppl begging in my room or not not talking or talking to me everyday like i get paid to just be there and talk to them in my underwear

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 159 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Check out taskrabbit.com it connects people in your area that need jobs done (ex. old people who need grocery delivery, ppl that need their driveways shoveled, etc) to people willing to take on odd jobs.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jade62013 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member BANHammerGoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

are you responding to the fantasies on Imlive? how long did you give imlive before giving up?

*stolen from AutumnAmbrosia*

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BANHammerGoddess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BANHammerGoddess View Post
    are you responding to the fantasies on Imlive? how long did you give imlive before giving up?
    i have my 120 hours and like 2 weeks after that too and i was working that but they were rude cheap or time wasters and were trying to get free dirty talk about their fetish .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 292 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Head over to ratracerebellion.com and check out the Customer Service tab if you're able to work a set schedule and have a quiet area, free of background noise and distractions. Amazon, Home Shopping Network, 1800 Flowers, and a bunch of others are hiring for customer service seasonal work right now and you might be able to extend to a yearly employee. You could also try their Pay Per Task tab for companies, but I don't know how reliable/steady the work is.

You could also maybe try sexting or phone sex? We've got a bunch of great threads floating around about Arousr, Niteflirt, etc. It would probably be less emotionally draining for you, since you don't have to put on the happy face in free chat and try to hustle customers or deal with trolls looking for a vocal or physical reaction.

"I can fix your flat tire. Show me your vagina" -JoJoX

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EvelynHeartsYou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 581 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I remember something about you saying you can't cam with good/HD quality because of computer issues? That is probably really holding you back. You can also sign up for Clips 4 Sale and update every day/work hard at having an amazing store. You can film clips with a camcorder if you can't use your webcam/computer.

ETA: Clips are good too if you have anxiety/customer service burn-out. There are lots of successful BBWs on there as well, and you can branch into other fetish categories (mouth fetish, different role plays, etc).
    Last edited by Charlotteslut; 11-18-2013 at 07:18 PM.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Charlotteslut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,659 Times in 4,541 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

I'm really sorry this hasn't worked out for you snowy. I think that Nocturnelle hit the nail on the head. Camming isn't always about what you think looks good, or what you think you should wear. Sometimes you have to follow a niche and give the guys what they want and are willing to pay for. You gotta do what sells. I also second ratracerebellion and also, I know that www.convergys.com is always hiring and will start you out at $9 or $10 an hour, full time. Just make sure they hire in your state. They do customer service for places like comcast, verizon, and others.

Believe In Your Brand

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotteslut View Post
    I remember something about you saying you can't cam with good/HD quality because of computer issues? That is probably really holding you back. You can also sign up for Clips 4 Sale and update every day/work hard at having an amazing store. You can film clips with a camcorder if you can't use your webcam/computer.

ETA: Clips are good too if you have anxiety/customer service burn-out. There are lots of successful BBWs on there as well, and you can branch into other fetish categories (mouth fetish, different role plays, etc).
    yeah the comp im using is a Pentium 4 processor made in 2004 i have a perfectly good i7 processor comp that i made when things were a little better by buying the parts piece by piece it just needs win 7 installed on it but i dont have a cd or money to get one . i had someone link me a torrent to an iso file of win 7 and a code for it - tomorrow my boyfriend is going to buy a set of blank dvds for me so i can burn the iso file on a dvd and run it and hopefully everything goes smoothly. thnaks everyone whos responded to this thread so far . xooxox =^y^=

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There's also Leapforce and Lionbridge (different companies, same job--I've worked for both). These are work from home jobs as well, and they pay really well (well over min wage, nearly double in some cases, but you're considered an independent contractor and must take out your own taxes). The job involves rating web pages/search results according to rating guidelines you're given. You must first pass a two-part test that's pretty intense and requires serious concentration and critical thinking, although it's open-book using the guidelines. I won't lie, at first it can seem very overwhelming but once you get it, it is much better. One bad thing about both: they fire without warning if you don't constantly meet standards. But, you may be one of those who do really well at it and can make a long-term go of it. The good part: you can work whenever you want, no set hours, and like I said, it pays well. Maybe you can try it along with camming. Just wanted to let you know, anyway, since you're always so helpful to everyone else on here. There's a few other companies that offer work from home, too, but they're near min wage and they're phone jobs--West Corp., Cloud Ten, Convergy's. I've done them all. I really hope things turn around for you. But like the others, I wouldn't think you can't be successful camming, too. Good luck!

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sensuella For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuella View Post
    But like the others, I wouldn't think you can't be successful camming, too. Good luck!
    yeah i dont think id ever stop camming 100% but maybe i need a vanilla at home side job too. i have a lot of work to do tomorrow (going to look link into all these links u guys gave me) im going to put a little captain in me snuggle up for bed and call it a day. love u guys oxoxoxo
    Last edited by Snowy0Star; 11-18-2013 at 09:15 PM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,895 Times in 6,394 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Yes convergys is great because the training is 30 days long. So even if you dont go through with the job you get paid for 160 hours. Enough to give you some breathing room and get ahead.
    Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
    Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies
    It's time to leave this town, it's time to steal away
    Let's go get lost anywhere in the USA
    Let's go get lost, let's go get lost. -RHC

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry you're having trouble Snowy. Not to thread jack but I'm having some issues as well that have really made me ask myself 'Is this working?' recently- computer issues being a big one just like you, and I gotta say this thread has been EXTREMELY helpful to me! Just wanted to say thank you to all of you that listed some of these sites!! I had never heard of most of them and have been searching for work at home type jobs like this for a while to have as a backup and everything I found was a scam really. Very cool to see these! Good luck Snowy
    Last edited by Fallenangel2904; 11-19-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    For the love of nipples!

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fallenangel2904 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Yes convergys is great because the training is 30 days long. So even if you dont go through with the job you get paid for 160 hours. Enough to give you some breathing room and get ahead.
    Milking call centres/at home calling/whatever training is great! I used to live in a city with a lot of call centres, after every semester I'd go work in a different one for the the 4-6 weeks of training. It's a weird experience but an easy way to get money, I also recommend it.

Hope you get things sorted out & figure out something that works for you Snowy. I have severe anxiety too, I know how debilitating it can be.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tashato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,016 Times in 951 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

If you want to just lay back and chat, maybe try put your sm into voyeur show and be in nudes chat on cams.com all day, to build some regulars to enjoy your chat and topless. try it?

oh and you could use niteflirt calls while in the voyeur show and nudes chat. you should be able to make something doing this.

hang on there, hun

Your Camming Bookmarks!

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 Times in 892 Posts

You could also try odesk.com I used to pick up extra dollars there.
    "You want to fuck with eagles you have to learn to fly"- Heathers
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceface View Post
    ho ho ho ho merry banmas!!!!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,493 Times in 11,580 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

This's a Great Thread, I need this too! Good luck Snow. I signed up for Convergys or however it's spelled..then I find out they don't use my state, only 1 of 2 they don't..but gonna try the other ones.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,895 Times in 6,394 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Also Convergys has a drug screening fyi. Thats right even for at home jobs. Not that you guys are all drugged out hussies, but you know. Just a heads up before you waste your time going down that avenue.
    Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
    Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies
    It's time to leave this town, it's time to steal away
    Let's go get lost anywhere in the USA
    Let's go get lost, let's go get lost. -RHC

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

awww sorry to hear this! Everyone here basically said what i was thinking. But I'm sure you'll figure something out. Just focus and dont worry!

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelDip For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast