Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proving cam income to get an apartment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: Proving cam income to get an apartment

My bank statements showing my income have always worked when I want an apartment or office to rent. Also a schedule c from your previous years taxes usually works.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 389 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

i know I am super late replying but what I have always done with no issues is saying that I am a babysitter for a long time client and I would just use a friend or family member as the 'parent' I am sitting for. once or twice the place I was renting from asked for a notarized letter from the 'parent' I was sitting for and you can do that for free at your bank. I have never not once had an issue with that. plus my bank statements show I deposit a check at least every 7-10 days so it looks legit.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VirginCutiePie View Post
    I'm in a situation right now where I'm am trying to rent an apartment that has subsidized housing. They want official payment proof, company phone and address, not to mention my landlord phone and address. They say printing my earning from my bank account isn't acceptable proof and are strict about it. I'm trying to find were I can get past pay stubs from Streamray even though I've had direct deposit for the past few months. Anyone know how to retrieve my official payment proof from Streamray?
    I only got paystubs from SR/Cams when I received checks. They don't have past payment/payment history on their site, I really wish they did though. You should contact SR/Cams, explain your situation and see what they say.... they might be able to help. Also like @JessaBelle using your taxes is usually acceptable as proof of earnings.
    Last edited by Blovely; 01-08-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: needed to add more info

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blovely For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

The apartment complex that I've applied to along with my hubby can bypass the pay stub thing as long as I have a job offer letter. Do any of you ladies have any experience with this in order to be as discreet as possible as well as trying not to raise any red flags as far as it being legit? I mean, the money is real... I just don't have a real company to say it came from. I clear about 750 a week doing body rub sessions. I don't work for an agency, I'm 100% independent. I have a friend who can voice verify the letter if they choose to call to verify the information in the letter. What does the verification departments look for when it comes to job offer letters?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madisonlx21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i moved into an apartment complex and all they needed was 2 recent paystubs and the name of the place you work at. I applied on the company website and submitted this information but since i receive payment through payoneer, i just showed them my earnings statement. It worked

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I applied & got into my apartment complex by showing 3months of bank statements for proof of income.The lease agent asked a few odd questions but nothing serious.Told her I was an independent contractor for a company that does beauty treatments.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,614 Times in 1,713 Posts

We customize them to whatever the apartment is looking for when we do them for our models, but I don't think we had one yet that wanted past 3 months. We did get some feedback in a few cases that it was successful in helping them get the apartment.

We also did get a guy calling on his private cell looking for a date later, and I think I handled that...less than gracefully

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected]om - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,707 Times in 5,670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KatyBoleyn View Post
    We also did get a guy calling on his private cell looking for a date later, and I think I handled that...less than gracefully
    WTF! The guy was supposed to be calling to have you verify a Boleyn Model's income, and ends up asking for a date??? Pig...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 1,597 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I should not be as shocked as I feel right now but wow! Just Wow!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,881 Times in 10,269 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Bumping, thanks
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,830 Times in 6,072 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Bumping, thanks
    Are you getting a new apartment?
    This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone. But it will pass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

See my thread in Ladies if u want, thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,606 Times in 6,568 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Question, since we're on the subject of renting an apartment: Has anyone ever set up a GoFund me specifically to raise the money for their move?
    Like to pay for first, last, security, movers, and furniture?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    Question, since we're on the subject of renting an apartment: Has anyone ever set up a GoFund me specifically to raise the money for their move?
    Thanks in advance.
    I know people who have done that,but they had a house fire.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MyrtleTheTurtle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,606 Times in 6,568 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleTheTurtle View Post
    I know people who have done that,but they had a house fire.
    Well, it could happen, since my new neighbors are Meth smoking addicts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

That is truly scary.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,345 Times in 4,437 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    Like mentioned, unless it was an emergency they'd probably get cussed out, lol. I know of models who've had their virtual or sd's fund their moving expenses. That seems like a more viable option than GFM as vanilla people wouldn't understand the incentives for helping an able bodied person, move.

I found that asking clients, doing GS with a damsel in distress/moving topic, offering specials, and riding your clients to let them know you need moving help, helps wayyy faster. Offering incentives and having a goal in mind really makes them feel good inside.

Unless your house burned down vanilla individuals don't see the problem with getting what you want on your own, so all you may get is a few bucks, and smart ass comments, but that's about it.
    Last edited by kortneykay; 08-03-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Believe In Your Brand

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We customize them to whatever the apartment is looking for when we do them for our models, but I don't think we had one yet that wanted past 3 months. We did get some feedback in a few cases that it was successful in helping them get the apartment.

This was not my experience with this company. Usually the management company wants your monthly average for the year. So if you earned $10k per month camming the last 3 months but you werenít camming for 6 months before that theyíll average it out so it looks like you donít make enough to pay your rent and it looks like you lied on your rental application, so you forfeit your deposit. Find out exactly what theyíre going to ask before you go this route.

What worked for me instead was to say Iím an independent contractor and since every site I work on has a page that shows the payouts theyíve made, and/or earnings statistics, I printed those out for the time period they needed. I also printed out my bank statement to show the corresponding deposits. Depending on where you are it may also be helpful to show a savings account that can cover 3-6 months rent in case of emergency. Bonus that this didnít cost me 10-15% of my income that the studio charges.

Honestly itís ridiculous that they make it so hard for us. My job is more stable because I donít work for someone else. Nobody can fire me, furlough me, or lay me off. If I need more money I can work more until I have it. Even a global pandemic that left the country with double digit unemployment percentages didnít hurt me, but a lot of people with ďstable incomeĒ canít pay their rent. They should see self employment as an asset, not a liability. Thank you for attending my ted talk, have a great day.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emanuelle For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

offer to pay 3 to 6 months in advanced in cash with rental contract signed.
    or if you live near a university or community college you can say you are a student and you get a small income from family and show some bank statements as proof.
    students seems to always be exempt from incomes for some reason.

when i lived in france i rented a airbnb online, then offered the owner cash to extend my stay with all charges internet ect included . so the bills were in their name.
    money talks, so just try to save up cash and offer it (with a signed contract ofcourse)
    it can be very difficult. i know. but you need to get creative .

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks

you can rent monthly on AirBnb now. A friend of mine is in the same situation and was able to do it super easily. One catch is that if anything falls through and you don't want to move to the new place for some reason - they will NOT refund you. That being said, it really saved her ass and maybe it's something you should look into!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoddessLilith For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I live in a small rural area and have got nothing but the run around while trying to secure an apartment. There are no independent houses for rent around here for the most part and every apartment complex is income based. I’m actually getting ready to file a complaint because I’ve done everything to show income and there is always some sort of “issue” is with my proof. I’ve given them a schedule c, copies of my whole damn tax return, bank statements, etc. One company still pays me via check and I use mobile deposit and have shown them the deposits as well as the physical check. Have any of you had this problem with securing housing?I’m not open about what I do but I feel like it is assumed and that they are discriminating based on this. Literally, government based is the only option at this time. Not due to income but because nothing else is here. Moving out of town is not an option.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 727 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by KiaraK View Post
    Iím not open about what I do but I feel like it is assumed and that they are discriminating based on this.
    It is possible they could have found out and rather than providing you with a fair explanation, they are flat out denying your application.
    I would check over your information to see if there are any easy connections that are linking to the industry. I would also ask what they specifically require for approval.
    Absolutely hate being given the run around, providing exactly what is requested then being told it is not enough. I tend to follow up with "What specifically do you require and what is acceptable?"
    If they keep denying your application regardless of meeting their necessary requirements, then it is safe to assume they know.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 325 Posts

I'm doing this too..moving next week. I did my boleyn model pay stub and then I printed out all the income charts from all my sites along with bank statement. What I realized is that the paystub doesn't list the website like an so it looks like you did double the income! It worked like a charm. I said boleyn models was a web marketing firm I worked for and the others were freelance marketing sites. They never asked what the sites were about! Lol..

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetandnaughty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    offer to pay 3 to 6 months in advanced in cash with rental contract signed.
    or if you live near a university or community college you can say you are a student and you get a small income from family and show some bank statements as proof.
    students seems to always be exempt from incomes for some reason.

when i lived in france i rented a airbnb online, then offered the owner cash to extend my stay with all charges internet ect included . so the bills were in their name.
    money talks, so just try to save up cash and offer it (with a signed contract ofcourse)
    it can be very difficult. i know. but you need to get creative .
    I'm going to be moving cross country at some point next year and this is my plan. I currently work 2 vanilla jobs and cam part time. I'll be camming full time when I move and don't think I can show the income from my two vanilla jobs as proof of income since I'll quitting them when I move. Because I only cam part time (having to do with my current living situation), my camming income isn't going to be enough to qualify for my own place. I have enough saved to offer at least 6 months rent in advance, maybe even a year and can show bank statements since my part time camming pay stubs won't be enough.

It's a bit of a gamble since I've never cammed full time but I average a decent hourly and have some very loyal customers. I figure getting such a big expense out of the way (rent) will also let me focus on building my business from part time to full time.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BambiCutie View Post
    It is possible they could have found out and rather than providing you with a fair explanation, they are flat out denying your application.
    I would check over your information to see if there are any easy connections that are linking to the industry. I would also ask what they specifically require for approval.
    Absolutely hate being given the run around, providing exactly what is requested then being told it is not enough. I tend to follow up with "What specifically do you require and what is acceptable?"
    If they keep denying your application regardless of meeting their necessary requirements, then it is safe to assume they know.
    I called today and asked them. They said they were not sure that they would look into it and let me know. So, I told them I would be by tomorrow and to please give me something in writing that states exactly what they needed. I have worried that they have somehow made the connection and am going over everything with a fine tooth comb. Thank you for taking the time to respond! I have been beyond frustrated and was damn near in tears when I typed all that out lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast