Thread: Which look is the best money maker?

Thanks

Default Which look is the best money maker?

I just started dancing and I'm only a couple years out of highschool so my look tends to lean towards innocent/cute. I've heard this is a money killer. My personality is bubbly and sweet too, but I've read a lot on ere about this not working so well. So what's the best money making look? The bright colored teeny look? Girl next door? The rocker chick? The sexy classier lingerie? The bitchy look? Any tips? Outfit descriptions? Hair makeup?

Thanks

Default Re: Which look is the best money maker?

What is a money maker for one girl may be a money killer for you, and vice versa. No one look appeases all men. The best bet it for you to find the look that you find sexy and are comfortable with, and rock that. Men tend to flock more towards confident and sexy dancers than they do dancers of their 'type'.
    I'm personally most comfortable as a pin-up girl/rocker chick and it shows in my earnings. I'm often the only girl in a club (at least in Montreal) with that dark-vintage style, and it works for me. I've been in urban-centric clubs and made a killing because I was different, confident, and sexy.

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." - Klaus Kinski

3. The Following User Says Thank You to audrey.mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks so much for your post that look generally does work for me because I have a bit of that indie edge in real life.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,884 Times in 2,672 Posts

+1 on there not being a standard cookie cutter look that will always make you money. Many people assume that the skinny blondes with big tits will rake in all the dough, but that's not always the case because not all customers are looking for that --- and your hustle skills are far more valuable than any look will be. Pick a look that makes you feel sexy and don't be afraid to switch it up. Your style will change the longer you dance, because you'll learn what works and what doesn't (for you) and also get to know the clientele and when you should play up your cute, girl next door look, versus when you should look more vampy in lingerie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shanna dior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,397 Times in 4,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

My fave look (aesthetic) is rocker chick, but what's financially expedient is the pinup look.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks
    Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,017 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

The young look is a money killer?? Totally FALSE.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJoX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,397 Times in 4,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Just pick what has the most appeal and profitability. Don't try to do anything crazy or over the top.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 Times in 3,228 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

i think even if the clientele has a certain "look" they favor, if you can't pull if off and don't feel comfortable and like its "you" don't do it! it will probably flop.like shanna said, you'll get a better feel for it. sometimes you'll have several looks that suit you, and you can kind of just switch depending on your mood.
    oh and the whole " men don't like young and innocent" is totally not true!! where did you hear that?? i do that all the time and make money

Thanks

I bank with the girl next door look, but my favorite is pinup. Unfortunately, guys in this area dont get it so girl next door it is

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

You have to go with what looks good on you, not everything works on every girl just like not everything works on every guy. I tend to wear very sexy lingerie-- super high heels, lots of satin/lace, fishnets-- but then my personality is super friendly/bubbly, smiley, and giggly. Guys tells me they love that because my look seems so bitchy/unattainable and then my personality is on the other realm. But then I have guys tell me I smile and laugh too much or that they don't like the fishnets because they're trashy. Seriously man you can't please everybody, just please yourself and it will show in your confidence.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audrey_k For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I love wearing gowns, but my face and hair are very girl next door/classy. I have to wear outfits that are shorter and "sluttier" or guys think my dances are boring. A guy once told me, while I was wearing a gown, that he could tell it would take A LOT of work to sleep with me. So now I only wear gowns when I know I have regulars coming in that day.

Find the looks that makes you the money and keep using it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,458 Times in 3,620 Posts

I wear a lot of black dresses and jewelry, so I guess the "glam" look. Sometimes I will put on the rocker girl thing. My personality fluctuates between elegant and mysterious, to what can only be described as abusive asshole... depends on my mood and what the guy looks like he's into.

There's no guaranteed look; it's whatever makes you look/feel good and makes you able to tell yourself that guys will love you and want to buy dances. Confidence is the major money maker, not a certain outfit.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,126 Times in 1,859 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

^ very true Selina!
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Veteran Member
    Thanks

i agree that you must cater to your crowd, just like you would with music. that being said, there are a few staples every girl must have to make money (in my personal opinion) and those are long hair, false eyelashes, white teeth, a toned midsection, a mani, and a pedi (please do not go on stage with the heels of your foot looking like partially grated cheese).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to countcrabula For This Useful Post: