+ Reply to Thread

Thread: College + sex work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default College + sex work

So, I am in school. I only go two days a week and literally just started my first semester at the end of January and I've already missed 4 days. It's been three years since highschool and when I was in highschool, it was online, so I literally have not been to school since I was a sophomore (almost 5 years). College so far is eating me alive, I'm not sure how to handle it. I got to bed around 3-6AM because of my job and my classes are only Monday and Wednesay, but they start at 11AM and I cannot seem to get up in time, ever! After missing 3 days, we drop a letter grade, and I haven't done any of my homework yet.

I'm overwhelmed by school, how do any of you ladies who are also in college handle it?? I love it so far, but I had no idea how not-used to it I was!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 326 Posts

Default Re: College + sex work

Go talk to your professors and advisor like, right now. And make sure to set a good alarm system PLUS a back up alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    Pussy is truly the great uniter.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nocturnelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 450 Posts

1) You need to get on a better sleep schedule. If this means moving your work schedule to day or mid shift, you gotta do it. Or make sure you are working on the totally opposite end of the week as your classes are. It's harder to shift your sleep pattern more than and hour or two a night at once.

2) Spreadsheets are your friend. Make one tonight outlining all your due dates. Then make one that breaks down how much time you think you need for each project. Double it for wiggle room, then start scheduling. Leave at least one day open a week to run errands and do housekeeping. And leave one day open for fun. If you have classes monday and wednesday for example, a good schedule for you might be monday-school +homework tuesday-errands/housekeeping wednesday-school thursday-free day friday-work saturday-work, and then leave sunday as potentially an extra day to work OR get ahead on schoolwork, whichever one you need

3) Work out how much each class costs you per day. If you have a hard time getting up in the morning, reminding yourself that you've already invested $75 or whatever into that class today will make you more motivated to go cash in and learn something.

4) double and triple alarms. I am one of those people too that sometimes will just fall right back asleep when my alarm goes off (did it today and was an hour late for class oooops). This helps deal with that problem!
    "We can't expect you to just know all the secrets of our top-secret-titty-club!" --Jenna Marbles

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Odette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,679 Times in 1,524 Posts

I tried to do work/school together but I couldn't do it, it was too difficult. I ended up having to withdraw from all my classes for the semester and then I quit stripping to finish school. Now that I've graduated I'm back at work.

There are a lot of girls on this site that do school/stripping and I've worked with some girls that have done both but it's a struggle. I would suggest cutting back on how many days you work, maybe just work Thurs-Sat or something? That way you can just focus on school for the rest of the week. Try to get on a more regular sleeping schedule-- it'll suck but you should try to go to bed the moment you get home from work and wake up as early as you can so it's easier for you to go to bed at a reasonable hour and therefore wake up at a reasonable hour on the days you have to go to school.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,022 Times in 1,566 Posts

I second the Excel spreadsheet of due dates. I have just a notepad file of every due date in order... really helps when you can look ahead and go "Oh shit, there's 3 assignments due next Friday". You won't be blindsided, and it feels good to check them off. Also, always assume there is something due that you can work on... even if the next thing isn't due for a week, put in an hour on it today - it's amazing how much less stressful it'll be when you go to finish it a week later.

You def need to change your sleep schedule. Set alarms, go to bed 20 minutes earlier each night until it's pushed back early enough. You may have to pull earlier shifts at work if you want to work the day before school. Put your work days farther from school; don't work Sunday or Tuesday, use them for homework due the next day.

Reward yourself for going to class. My thing is "If I go to class today, I can get Starbucks before it." Silly but it works!

I work mainly day shift when I can because it REALLY sucks if you have to work until after midnight and then be at a 9 am class.... it is definitely hard to work as a stripper/bartender/anything that gets done late and go to school.
    "Haters will see you walk on water and say it's because you can't swim."

Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    Sex work is for people who do whatever they want
    Quote Originally Posted by oldster View Post
    GO out and take what you want.

Women in general are not built that way, but this group of women, they ought to be good at that

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

it gets easier with practice, hon, I've been there too. You have to give yourself a break or you will burn out fast and end up losing money in the process. Odette gave some great advice and pretty much what i was going to say. The only thing i would add is to try and keep your sleep/wake time as consistent as possible. Here's my schedule as an example

Sun- homework in the morning, work day shift, home at midnight
    mon- errands/cleaning in the morning, work day shift, home at midnight
    tues- errands/homework/whatever in the morning, enjoy my day, NIGHT class, home by midnight
    wed- same as mon
    thursday- same as tues
    Friday- internship during the day, freelance writing job at night. maybe go out
    Sat- same as sun

So as you can see i only work 3 days a week, have school 2 days a week and my other commitments and personal stuff gets done around that. I usually always go to sleep and wake up at the same time. This has kept me sane. I should also point out that I had to choose to sacrifice money for sanity. I make enough to pay for school, my bills, and a few other things but i'm not swimming in cash. I could work 5 nights a week and have lots of $ and be drained but i chose to work 3 nights, be comfortable and keep my sanity!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lady_lazarus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,134 Times in 1,588 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Everything Odette said! Scheduling exact time slots for everything and having all your due dates and time set aside for working on things down on a calendar will be your biggest life-saver. I had to do that when I was stripping in my last semester of college.

Also, if you have trouble getting up in the morning, I recommend this app I just downloaded called Smile Alarm. It makes you play games when the alarm goes off. If you have a really hard time getting up, you can set it to where you cannot snooze it and the alarm will not stop going off until you complete the games. It forces you to wake up and use your brain and gets you going. Not like it's gonna magically make you not tired, but it will get you up and going because you're forced to.
    Don't try to win over the haters. You are not the Jerk Whisperer.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurora_Sunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Thanks so much ladies!!!! I'm definitely not quitting work, but I will be rearranging my hours to suit me better. Awesome advice from all of you!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I'm also in college. I found the best thing to do is night classes. I go M-W as well from 4-7. I'm only going part time but I can easily juggle school twice a week, homework, and working 3-4 nights a week. You can do it! Just lower your work load. I suggest dropping classes, getting your money back and trying again next semester or taking late start classes. Good luck! you can do it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaylee84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Mon/Wednesday doesn't seem too hefty around your classes. Most of college is homework, so try and schedule in the best time to do HOURS like 4-6 of homework including breaks. It might take some time figuring out which days are best to work. Math classes, I found, are best to do your homework right after class and in a tutoring lab of some sort, or try the homework and go back to the tutoring center with questions ready so you have the previous material completely covered before moving on. You can do it! It's all action from here.
    Momo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MomoMania For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread