Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was found in real life by a REG!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Default I was found in real life by a REG!

Hey ya'll! First I want to say that I am new to forums and ofcourse have lurked these postings for quite sometime I finally got the courage to sign up and learn the site the best I could , well because ya'll are the bees knees and ofcourse I have a slight problem... possibly huge.

I work on Streamate mainly and I have this FANTASTIC customer. Was anyways ( since day ONE). So for the first time 4 nights ago he turned on his webcam and I see a handsome older man, either way whatever, we did the show like always (which is strictly vanilla nothing strange)
    Until now.....

I was actually at a well known restaurant with my friend when the waitress brought me a napkin with the words "" Cute Cupcake"" On it
    My friend doesn't know I cam so I played it cool at first and asked the waitress who sent it. Well the gentleman at the bar sent it ofcourse like a well played out movie.
    I honestly didn't think nothing of it. This incident has happened 2 months ago I might add. No one was at the bar when I looked.

Than 2 days ago I SEE THIS GENTLEMAN. IN REAL LIFE. AT MY LOCAL PHARMACY!!!!
    I freak out on the inside but on the outside I just went and bought my hair bleach and left the place. I have the car and the plate number( which is in my state). I have seen forensic files so yeah im obviously freaking out

Than today I seen him at Walmart. Hes not bothering me really oh except for the small detail I left out. VIA SM MESSAGE: CUTE CUPCAKE
    What in the bloody fuckery? I'm terrified as hell! I Live in a VERY small town and unsure what to do or say or what. BUT I KNOW HE KNOWS I NOTICED HIM AT WALMART. DID I MENTION I HAVE 3 STATES GEO BLOCKED? MY STATE AND SURROUNDING? MHM!

Anyways ladies what precautions would you take with a lurker on the loose and please give me your experiences or best advice. April will be my 1 year camming on big sites! ( Just incase you wanted to know how long I have been camming) Which is obviously not long at all! Ofcourse I have blocked and reported on streamate and doing everything internet wise i can. But what about real life?

I'm pretty amateur at the safety aspect of things with the naive thoughts of " This could never happen to me" Yeah boy was I wrong. ANY help or advice I'll take it!! You Guys might be able to help me over law enforcement! I have visited the station and unless you are in direct danger or have proof of stalking they CANNOT really help you out. Unless you PAY for a restraining order which I am in the process of since I have the tag number and such.

But I'm thinking after that process..... sometimes restraining orders aren't enough and I havent worked in a while because of it and i NEED to work. I'm scared anyone who pops in my room can be him. =*(

Thanks
    Thanked 27,924 Times in 5,980 Posts

Default Re: I was found in real life by a REG!

"The more money I make the more Republican I get."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Girl that is my face exactly right now. My heart is racing anxiously awaiting some replies hahaha I love that GIF!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulLilGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,924 Times in 5,980 Posts

What he did is beyond creepy and intrusive. I guess he must be local?!
    Geo blocking doesn't always work!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulLilGirl View Post
    Girl that is my face exactly right now. My heart is racing anxiously awaiting some replies hahaha I love that GIF!!!
    "The more money I make the more Republican I get."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Welcome!

I understand your issue. I'm assuming you have the state you live in blocked? All you may be able to do is talk to SM about it and see if they have any advice. With this type of situation, cops probably arent' the ones to go to unless he's legit following you. I'd advise you to look into your state's stalking and harassment laws and possibly speak with an attorney (if you can). I know in PA, this is straddling the line and if you live in the same town, they'd say, "Well, don't you think you could run into each other eventually?"

I'm sorry I can't help anymore than that. But I'd highly suggest you educate yourself on local harassment laws.

Have a great evening/ day/ whatever time it is where you are,
    AJ

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJ Steele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

He could be local. He could not be local as well, I honestly don't know all the answers like I wish I did =*( We have never spoke about meeting or chatting but I'm scared my noticings of him may have been scarce and he has seen me before maybe even knows where I live by now.

I guess i'll look into fire arms and other things. Have to protect myself. I never thought a customer would FIND me but ofcourse i am naive and he doesn't look like he's from these parts and his voice distinguishes he is NOT from here at all either. But than again you never really know someone and how he ended up here or how or why or anything, it's all up in the air. I'm just scared =*(

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlayfulLilGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Yeah. It is odd. I'd be weary of him. Get that firearms training and if you can conceal/carry do that. Also keep pepper spray with you. I carry one that is military grade and I've only had to use it once.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AJ Steele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 1,174 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

Welcome to the forums! Sorry you had to come in for these circumstances

Definitely get some pepper spray, they've got phone cases now with pepper spray built in so you can just act casual like you're going for your phone then BAM! Also, I wonder if you can look up what town a car is registered in by the license plate?

Good luck!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

It was a brand new car literally looked like it came off the lot with the dealership name on the plate holder. I took a picture like a crazy lady ... dealing with a crazy custie ofcourse. But thanks I'm googling about those phone cases as we speak!! Even found some purses with a string that makes loud alarm noises. Which is perfect! I will go crazy and stab a guy I'm feeling a bit better about this even though i may be over thinking it! Thanks guys =)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I didn't take that too seriously until you said you had so many states blocked!! Scary!!!!!!
    If I where you, is try to lay as low as possible..
    I'm just scared that he might manage to follow you home or something.. do you live by yourself?
    If you have another job working with customers, I would try talking to your boss and asking if you can work strictly in the back for a week or two..
    Try to get rides from friends whenever you can, so he doesn't see what your car looks like..
    You might also want to try out a lot more sunglasses + hoodie combinations..

I just wouldn't go anywhere alone for a while, and have lots of sleepovers with friends!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nattiebooboo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by nattiebooboo View Post
    I didn't take that too seriously until you said you had so many states blocked!! Scary!!!!!!
    I'm just scared that he might manage to follow you home or something.. do you live by yourself?
    If you have another job working with customers, I would try talking to your boss and asking if you can work strictly in the back for a week or two..
    Try to get rides from friends whenever you can, so he doesn't see what your car looks like..

I just wouldn't go anywhere alone for a while, and have lots of sleepovers with friends!!

ALL of this! I'd keep a low profile as much as possible. It's just the more I think about it, the more I worry about it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ Steele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by nattiebooboo View Post

ALL of this! I'd keep a low profile as much as possible. It's just the more I think about it, the more I worry about it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ Steele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

I have an alarm dog ( tiny ass chihuahua) so if anything outside makes a noise she will go ape shit and i'm soooo thankful for that. I only work online so I guess that's a good thing I can chill here for a while and just focus on working and not leaving. Maybe it will die down? I will always be aware of my surroundings from now on. And yes that may include changing my hair, hoodies, and whatever else i can think about! Thankfully I have a Male roomate so hopefully he knows the kung fu..... and yes I will try to never be alone!! I think I might be planning a move here shortly! If i see his stalkin ass face one more time I think that's enough to make me want to leave for good. He could easily tell others.... idk i think way too hard on the possibilities. But thanks girl!! <3

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlayfulLilGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Steele View Post
    It's just the more I think about it, the more I worry about it.

Ugh same here!! I might be almost as anxious as you over this!!
    If you can, park your car in the garage or out of view from the street

Tell your friends what this guy looks like, what his car looks like, and the plate #s.. Look at hotel parking lots at night and see if he's there.. If he's staying in a hotel then you know for sure what you're dealing with. Ask them to keep an eye out while driving past your other job, too, so you can know if he's spending time there waiting for you..

If it starts to look like this could be really serious, take a trip out of town and visit family or friends for a few weeks. You can put in for a leave of absence at your other job.. I can't imagine he would stick around if you've been no where to be found for two weeks

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nattiebooboo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,068 Times in 2,565 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Welcome PlayfulLilGirl!

I would say that you need to protect yourself:

Like the others said....get firearms training,pepper spray,and surround yourself with tons of friends. Make sure to also changes your daily routines everyday such as go home a different way all the time, make sure nobody is following you, and maybe calmly talk to your roommate about this problem. Also maybe you should install more locks on your doors and close every window each night. I hope this helps you.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,238 Times in 1,800 Posts

There's no way this is coincidence. He was in too many place that you were in at the same time. I can go to places 50 times and never see the same person, unless a person works at the place. I don't even know what to say, I am at a lost for words. Please do whatever you can to protect yourself because this sounds alot more than him being a local.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

& keep us updated pplleeaasseeee!!! I'm worried about you honey! <3

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nattiebooboo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Blovely View Post
    There's no way this is coincidence. He was in too many place that you were in at the same time. I can go to places 50 times and never see the same person, unless a person works at the place. I don't even know what to say, I am at a lost for words. Please do whatever you can to protect yourself because this sounds alot more than him being a local.
    I agree Blovely! I think something is a bit more strange especially considering the terribly small town i do reside in. Just stating facts that he is a man of spanish descent and That is a rare sight where I live as well, If anything new happens I will keep this thread updated to the max!!! And if anyone thinks they know this man because he DOES spend LOADS on models i wouldnt mind verifying if anyone has a SM screename they think might be him i would gladly verify this info for you. Thankyou everyone! I hope i build up the courage to get back to work very soon while remaining safe i just feel hes waiting for me to log back on =*( just spent heaps on a new cam room and everything in it and havent even got to break it in yet =*( ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulLilGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

PlayfulLilGirl, so sorry to hear what you are going through!!! Lay low and travel in groups of friends as others have said. Take the firearms course, get your concealed carry permit and carry it with you where ever you go. 9mm for me, 40S&W is what my husband carries.

The only thing I haven't done yet is take formalized classes for self defense besides the firearms and concealed carry classes, but that is only due to my husband teaching me much of what he knows from his own martial arts training.

Keep us updated and hope you stay safe!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CLcamz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,153 Times in 3,294 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Geoblock doesn't work. My internet provider gave me an IP address, for MONTHS, that was a state on the other side of the US. So I could see girls that had blocked my state, without even trying. I knew something was up and I went to whatsmyIP and found out where my IP addy was from, and of course it was far away from where I live. I didn't use a proxy or anything, my internet provider just does that a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,887 Times in 1,741 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I had someone call my name at a large airport once.... scared me shitless. If you haven't already, buy a taser and seriously look into getting a dog. I have a large Akita I found through a rescue and she's the best investment I've probably ever made security wise. I know the second someone is in the driveway, in the bushes, or on my beach... The gun might not be a bad idea either, but I'm an awful shot. I just prefer nasty 80lbs dogs and tasers myself.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds like he has money to go and do whatever he wants, that's scary! Be safe and maybe have a friend stay W/u and TRY not to go anywhere alone. Trust your gut (like u are doing) I've never ran into a customer, I would freak!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexilexxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,114 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy

Oh man, I don't even have any advice to give you, I just want to express my support. I think you are definitely right to follow your instincts and be wary of what is going on. I would think that if this was a coincidental and random run-in with a customer he a) would have approached you and greeted you by your cam name and introduced himself as a fan, or b) would have went on his merry way without saying anything to you, and you never would have known. He wouldn't keep popping up with cryptic messages. Jeez.

You may not be able to get an Order of Protection, but in my state you can get something called an Injunction Against Harassment. I don't know the laws on this or if this situation would qualify, but I would straight up go to court and plead your case for one. By definition (at least in the state of Arizona), "The Injunction Against Harassment orders a person to stop harassing, annoying, or alarming another person. Injunctions can be used for disputes against neighbors, strangers, and people who are or were dating. Harassment is defined as: 'a series of acts over any period of time that is directed at a specific person and would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed and the conduct seriously alarms, annoys or harasses the person and serves no legitimate purpose.'"

I think, especially given the nature of this job, to have a customer go out of his way to run into you at random places and give you cryptic messages shows signs of escalating obsession, which can often times be fatal. Any reasonable person would be alarmed by that, and I think you have every right to get an injunction in an effort to protect yourself. Yes it is just a piece of paper, but hopefully it will scare him enough to make him back down. Of course, I am not a legal expert, but PLEASE talk to officials in your jurisdiction about this.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CourtneyRaine For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's really scary...
    Do you live alone? Cause i think it would be better if you have someone with you (just in case he really is a stalker).

43. The Following User Says Thank You to sheshe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

All I can say is best wishes to you, please, please, please be safe! I agree with others, this doesn't sound like a coincidence, at least invest in the pepper spray, if not the ability to have someone come stay with you or go stay somewhere else, etc.... Have you tried to confront him at this point? I honestly feel like that could go either way though, it could deter him that you're being abrasive or it could fuel him, so I won't give any advice in that way. I just hope you're okay and stay safe, please, as mentioned before, keep everyone here updated! This is truly scary!

xoxoxox

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vela Valentine For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast