View Poll Results: What method do you use to remove body hair?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shaving

63 61.76%
  • Waxing

18 17.65%
  • Creams

4 3.92%
  • Permanent Hair Removal

10 9.80%
  • Other

7 6.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you remove your body hair?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,561 Times in 531 Posts

Default Re: How do you remove your body hair?

Emjoi epilator.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Thank you all for answering! I am myself an all-hairy lady (lazy mostly), but I've been looking for permanent means to maybe "shape up" my hair. The one thing I've noticed about having body hair is that your moisturizing game has to be on point or your legs are hairy AND look like an alligator, lol.
    @thelydiaryder

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CurvyWinona View Post
    Love this thread!!

Tempting, can u tell me which machine u use for waxing?

my main wax machine

mine is old school when they first became popular for use in salons.. I bought this when I was 19-20ish?
    This one can get really messy if not used right.

the wax I use

and for those huge spills

^^ i have knocked a pot or two over and this is the bomb. sit , wait and wipe

Thanks
    Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,653 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Laser never worked as a permant solution for me either - did it several times over the years - now I just have this jacked up sparse shish that I have to shave or it looks raggid

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki_Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am a effin wookie!! although it come from my PCOS, I have hair on my arms, stomach, nipples, back, legs, ass (and not just in the crack), chin, and upper lip along with the normal legs, pussy, underarms. I typically shave on a schedule. Pits, stomach, lower back, pussy, and ass one day, then legs (from ankle to crotch) the next day...and repeat. It's a PAIN IN THE ASS to have to shave everyday, but I haven't found anything else to work on my dark coarse hair. I leave the hair on my nipples and arm because it would take too much time, and I can't deal with stuble there. Never had a guy say anything about my nipple hair, but I'm SUPER self conscious about it so I'm just waiting for the day!

I am looking for other options (although I'm sure it will reduce if I went to the doctor and got the treatment for my PCOS)
    Does conditioner, or oil, work well as a shave cream? I really want to get rid and prevent the dark marks left after shaving/ingrowns!

Thanks

hello,

I shave my pube , pits and legs , and i wax my thighs
    I used to was my legs but the hair grow so fast (like 1 week) so i stopped to shave again
    I tried to wax my pube too and OMG it's too painful ... really i cried at the first strip (it was cold wax)
    But shaving is ok for me , i don't have red spots or bad reaction , so i keep doing it but i heard
    shaving make the hair growing up more and more with the time ... so maybe i'll have to shaving all my body at 60yo ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 643 Posts

I'm crazy hairy. It sucks.

I wax my pubes at home, once a week. Yep, once a week, that's how often I need to do it.
    I shave my legs and pits daily. If I have a special night planned, I shave them in the afternoon or else I'll have stubble while I'm out.
    I pluck my chest hairs. Luckily there aren't a lot of them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Hi ladies (waves) I shave my legs,arm pits and vag almost daily. I need to do it daily but sometimes get lazy. I have tried dilatory creams like nair, veet, and sally hanson hair removal creams but I'm allergic to them. For me shaving always leaves stubble behind. I have not had a 100% smooth shave since I was 13 yrs old. Recently I asked a friend about this and she asked me if I had dry skin, the answer is yes I have dry skin. She told me to use lotion every day and recommended Jergens brand. Well Jergens works for a little while but not for long. Same with other lotions. They all have 4+ alcohols in them. Alcohol is drying to the skin. I searched out something alcohol free. I couldn't find anything that had absolutely no alcohol in it but I came across aquaphor. It only has 1 type of alcohol in it and it's a heavy moisturizer. It's kind of vaseliney lol. The main ingredient is petroleum 41% and it has mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol,glycerin, and bisabolol. stumbling across this brought back the memory of when I had dry, cracked, peeling skin under my wedding ring. regular lotions made it worse. I spoke to a pharmacist who recommended a heavy moisturizer and specifically told me to use aquaphor. I bought some and used it ONCE. the next morning my skin was back to normal.
    so today I bought more aquaphor, used it on my legs and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours. I applied regular hair conditioner as a shaving cream. I shaved my legs like normal making sure to go in different directions to get the hairs that grow in different directions too. It ended up being a 2 razor job but my legs are much smoother now than they normally are. They usually have A LOT more stubble. Sometimes I can shave and they don't even feel like they've been shaved at all.

Conclusion: apply aquaphor 2 to 3 hours prior to shaving, use conditioner as a shaving cream, use a brand new razor (be prepared to use more than 1) shave and rinse thoroughly in the shower, pat dry and reapply a thin layer of aquaphor. It won't burn like a son of a bitch like normal lotions do and your skin will be well moisturized.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

good luck I hope this helps. I also noticed fewer cuts, did not get a rash, and I used cheap bic razors (single blade)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 594 Posts

I shave my pits daily, skipping a day if they're fussy. I have a very sparse but dark/coarse "happy trail" that I shave every day or two. I shave my legs every two to three days. The kitty gets a weekly once over. I have a bit of lighter hair on my upper lip that I leave alone (it's not visible if I put my makeup on right) unless I know I'm gonna be very up close and personal with someone, and I shave between my brows as necessary for makeup if I'm not having them threaded regularly. I also have moderately hairy arms that just aren't bad enough for me to bother maintaining, and either long vellous or very light terminal hair on my lower back that I don't bother with.
    All the shaving is done with a disposable, single blade razor. Everyone raves about multi-blades, but I believe nothing beats the longer lasting closeness of single edge shaving; I've even shaved with an ex's Ka-Bar once to prove his skill at honing blades to a friend. The only multi-blade I liked was Gillette Fusion, but that's too damn expensive to me. Been thinking I should get myself a trimmer for my pubes and an old-fashioned double edge safety razor to use everywhere else until I stop shaving for good.

Been trying out Veet for the backdoor because I read in another thread that it has a bleaching action, but I'm really not sure how I feel about it yet.

I plan to have electrolysis in the future to remove almost all possible body hair, leaving just an extended bikini line. Then it would just be trimming my cooch to taste, brow threading, and dermaplaning and friction removal for remaining vellous hair.
    Exotic dancing is like any other job.
    If you work in an office, you wear dress shoes and a suit.
    If you work in a restaraunt, you wear skid resistant shoes and a uniform.
    If you work in a strip club, you wear 7" stilettos and lycra g-strings.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,890 Times in 1,567 Posts

Depends on the hair. I shave my legs, bikini area, and underarms-- every single day-- and I wax my face. I also have a happy trail that I shave. And then I tweeze my eyebrows right now because I'm trying to grow them out a bit. I'm thinking of getting electrolysis on my face and my underarms because I just hate dealing with those areas!

I want to be more hairless though and get my lower arms and butt waxed, I did a booking with a couple a few weeks ago and the girl said she got her butt waxed, it was so smooth and pretty! lol.

Thanks

I use a Shick trimmer for the most part, it has a batter powered trimmer to get extra hair out of the way & razor on the other end to get all smooth.
    Bio oil is also heaven sent! I used to get the worst razor bumps and scars on my bikini line and under arms until I started using bio oil as aftershave
    I look so pretty down there now aha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 594 Posts

Holy shit, I'll have to keep the Bio Oil trick in mind.
    Exotic dancing is like any other job.
    If you work in an office, you wear dress shoes and a suit.
    If you work in a restaraunt, you wear skid resistant shoes and a uniform.
    If you work in a strip club, you wear 7" stilettos and lycra g-strings.

Thanks

I answered for my vajay hair which i just started getting waxed. I love it!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Waxing, Shaving, Sugaring, Lasering, Nair, Electrolysis are some of the ways to get rid out of body hair. out of which I would highly recommend waxing as it removes the hair from the roots and the results last three to six weeks unless shaving hair starts to grow back faster another day. European Wax Center provides amazing waxing services to both women and men including facial service and whole-body massage at great prices. check and book your service online

Thanks
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,613 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am shaving. I also have a permanent hair removal laser device, that I have been lazy to use, so my hair grew back. Once the summer is over, I will start using it again.

I used to hate shaving my pussy, because I was getting rashes and irritations, but I solved the problem when I discovered a BHA exfoliating body spray, from Paula's Choice. I spray it on the area after shaving. After I let it dry, I apply a Avene Cicalfate cream(it's for post minor surgeries or diaper rash).
    I do it 3 days in a row after shower, now I started doing it once a month only and the skin is super clean, rashes free.
    That spray is also good for my butt acne. REALLY good. I need to find some vitamin C body lotion, to get me rid of the butt acne scars. It looks horrible. I have a cute perky ass, but ugly af because of that ))

What I use to shave: I hate the shaving stuff for women (such as Gilette Venus), they are overpriced af. So, I use a classic razor, Gilette Fusion, with replacing heads (one head lasts for like 10 shavings, or untill it starts to scratch instead of shave)+ Nivea Sensitive shaving gel, for me. They work perfectly togheter.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I've had laser for most areas, full Brazilian (except for a tiny landing strip), entire legs&thighs, arms, under arms etc.
    As a competitive figure athlete for years, dancer, and now also a pt/coach, it is definitely one of my best investments ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    I am shaving. I also have a permanent hair removal laser device....
    Just to be a little picky, laser is not permanent, as it only removes/kills the hair follicles that are present at the time of treatment. As you will grow new hair as time passes, you will need additional laser treatment to stay hair free.
    And those home devices aren't close to the efficiency of a professional laser at a clinic.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,613 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by kimbe View Post
    I've had laser for most areas, full Brazilian (except for a tiny landing strip), entire legs&thighs, arms, under arms etc.
    As a competitive figure athlete for years, dancer, and now also a pt/coach, it is definitely one of my best investments ever

Just to be a little picky, laser is not permanent, as it only removes/kills the hair follicles that are present at the time of treatment. As you will grow new hair as time passes, you will need additional laser treatment to stay hair free.
    And those home devices aren't close to the efficiency of a professional laser at a clinic.
    I just said after that, that, due to being lazy and not using it anymore, my hair grew back ) I know is not permanent.
    My device was pretty efficient, I have been hair free for about 6 months, then my hair started to grow back because I forgot to do those- every 2 months- treatments, to keep the hair away )
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’ve always been a big admirer of how good you Fitness girl’s look on stage! You appear to be hairless and your tanned skin almost looks "polished" (in lack of a better word). Is laser your secret weapon?
    I almost can’t imagine the amount of time you lay down for stage appearance, it’s just amazing after all the time of exercising
    Last edited by lunargirl; 08-06-2020 at 04:24 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lunargirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

No, I wonít say laser hair removal is a secret weapon, itís more like a very useful tool to both be sure to get a perfect hair removal and save time. Especially when you have a busy competition schedule, Imagine to try plan your Brazilian waxes if you got, letís say, three shows in a row that does not correspond to the growth time between the waxings. In addition you have to take into account that you need to have all done at least 2-3 days before you start the tanning process. Its a lot to keep in mind..

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Waxing on my own.

Thanks

This poll should have the possibility to choose multiple answers, I guess most shave some areas and maybe wax or get laser other areas. Personally Iíve had Brazilian laser but I usually just shave off everything elsewhere. I might have a wax occasionally, but I can really stand the growth periods as I try not to have any hair at any time. I fell like having any visible body hair is more or less non compliant with my business.

Quote Originally Posted by thestarkgirl View Post
    Waxing on my own.
    How do you stand the hairy growth period before you wax again?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jucie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No, I wonít say laser hair removal is a secret weapon, itís more like a very useful tool to both be sure to get a perfect hair removal and save time. Especially when you have a busy competition schedule, Imagine to try plan your Brazilian waxes if you got, letís say, three shows in a row that does not correspond to the growth time between the waxings. In addition you have to take into account that you need to have all done at least 2-3 days before you start the tanning process. Its a lot to keep in mind..
    Okay, I get it, but whatís with the tanning and hair removal? Sorry for being such a noob..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by lunargirl View Post
    Okay, I get it, but whatís with the tanning and hair removal? Sorry for being such a noob..
    If you have hair when you apply the tanner, it can form around the hair and make small dark spots all over.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

How do you stand the hairy growth period before you wax again?
    Once it starts growing it grows long enough to be waxed again in 3-4 days, during that time I just deal with it. I time it to reappear around my period when I don't normally dance or show my body too much.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to thestarkgirl For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12